PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Shows

christoblur
04-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Firstly I would like to say that although there are a number of suggestions on this forum. I have to say that TEW2010 is a fantastic game and really beats anything I've played before including the console variety.

One thing that did come to mind would be a pilot show for new shows or timeslots. With TNA for example they had a trial show on Monday to test the water against Monday night Raw.

In relation to TEW, this could work if you have a smaller fed looking to get a break on TV without either the promotion or TV network commiting to anything long term.

It could also work in the same way that I mentioned with TNA. It could be used as a way to get an idea if your ready to compete at the same time slot with a rival promotion

If you were to be given a chance at a pilot the networks may request that you have to reach a certain rating and keep this for x number of weeks or not have too risky a product (ala ECW) before earning a full time slot.

In the case of MTV:WSX they only lasted several weeks before folding due to ratings and risky product (a fireball attack I think) and a similar scenario in TEW could be interesting keeping the network happy during a trial.

Not sure if its possible but just an idea..

LoganRodzen
04-30-2010, 07:35 AM
If you were to be given a chance at a pilot the networks may request that you have to reach a certain rating and keep this for x number of weeks or not have too risky a product (ala ECW) before earning a full time slot.

This is awesome. It's like being given 'Network Goals' instead of 'Owner Goals'. I truly love that idea alone.

I'm a huge fan of the goals we have to reach in TEW and wouldn't mind getting an entire page full of goals to complete in order to keep my job.

The original idea is very cool. Getting a 'trial run' on a network before they decide to give you a full season or two. I think the way it would work is you'd get the goal(s) from the network and if you complete them a 'decision' would arise where you could negotiate a longer TV deal.

In the 'season' drop down box there could be a "short term" option.

shamelessposer
04-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Network goals are in themselves a pretty good idea. I've got this idea in my head that maybe there could be a database of network executives who can move from channel to channel over time, and they'd have their own biases that could have an effect on the baseline attributes of a network. For example, you could leave TBS a wrestling-neutral network, with Ted Turner being very pro-wrestling and Jamie Kellner being anti-wrestling to explain WCW's disappearance from the airwaves.

Linsolv
04-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Firstly I would like to say that although there are a number of suggestions on this forum. I have to say that TEW2010 is a fantastic game and really beats anything I've played before including the console variety.

This brings back memories of a desire I've always had:

TEW on handhelds. That's what I think would be really perfect. It'd make mods a little weird, though. It's like, I find that I play my PSP more often than I play computer games by a LOT. So even though TEW is my most-played computer game, it's not really anywhere near my favorite PSP games because I can play those on the road and while I'm out-and-about. My laptop's battery life, however, is prohibitively short (I killed it. Used to be 2-3 hours, but now it's about 20 minutes.) so I can't do that with my leedle lappy.

And while I'm making irrelevant statements, should you happen to see this Shamelessposer, where's the character in your avatar from?

LoganRodzen
04-30-2010, 12:14 PM
My laptop's battery life, however, is prohibitively short (I killed it. Used to be 2-3 hours, but now it's about 20 minutes.) so I can't do that with my leedle lappy.

Ah, so you're one of those people who kept their laptop plugged into AC all the time. Just a guess. ;)

Ever calibrated your notebook battery? Some steps to do this would be:
Disable Windows power management - under power options you would set everything to 'Never' so that the PC can't attempt to save power by hibernating.
Charge the battery to 100% (don't use the PC while charging) and when it's completed unplug the AC power.
Let the laptop run until the battery is completely drained and the PC shuts down. This is where setting everything to 'never' is important, you can't let the laptop hibernate - you want it to completely shut down. I recommend not using the PC while draining the battery. Instead just let it sit and do its own thing.
Recharge the battery to 100% and then reset the power management options to your preferences.I've done this with multiple laptops, cell phones, etc. The only problem is when the battery itself is completely useless... which you'll only find out after you (attempt to) calibrate it. It takes some time to do it but in the end you'll find out whether your battery is crap or if you're just not getting the full juice because of constant AC power instead of running it off the battery.

If this doesn't help you - sorry for getting your hopes up. Or if you've already attempted this on your own, sorry again. :rolleyes:

Linsolv
04-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Well, back when I was running Linux on it, it complained that my laptop was broken and only went to around 1/3 of the max life.

UPDATE! Tried it. Lasted surprisingly long when I was letting it run down (40 minutes!), but I have no idea how to tell if it worked. Still says the battery's broken, though.

Moe Hunter
04-30-2010, 06:44 PM
I like parts of the idea, but I think it's important to note that WSX was a Media-Owned Promotion. MTV put the whole thing together, and pulled the plug when it got bad feedback. This is already in the game, for all intents and purposes.