PDA

View Full Version : Paypal orders...........

thommohawk
09-29-2006, 06:39 AM
First of all these new features kick ass and this game looks like it is gonna be the dog's proverbial nutsack, and i am definitely buying the game when it becomes available - which brings me to my question:

I read the Development Journal posts a while ago and I know that this year Paypal payments are being accepted, however I also read that there will be a one week delay to process them orders, now Adam if it takes a week for Paypal orders conclude - will you be allowing Paypal payments only to be payed a week early so those people paying via that route can still play their purchased game on launch day ?

LoganRodzen
09-29-2006, 12:51 PM
I doubt they'll actually do this since Adam usually only releases his info that a demo is coming out a few days prior. Also, if I believe correctly - demos launch on a Friday with sales on a Monday.

I think the one week thing is what they expect to wait since PayPal has transaction wait periods and such for certain things. That first week it releases they're going to be so swamped anyway it could take a while via PayPal.

TravisL
09-29-2006, 03:34 PM
For those of you who want paypal:

PayPal has a virtual mastercard system which you can use on Grey Dog for TEW. Look around and check it out.

Anubis
09-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Um, why would there be a one-week wait for PayPal? PayPal transactions take place instantly . . .

I should know, I use it all the time, usually when shopping on eBay. I win an item, pay for it, and it takes literally minutes, not a week. What's up with that?

Remianen
09-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Um, why would there be a one-week wait for PayPal? PayPal transactions take place instantly . . .

I should know, I use it all the time, usually when shopping on eBay. I win an item, pay for it, and it takes literally minutes, not a week. What's up with that?

You might want to direct that question to Arlie in a PM.

I'm guessing here but I'd think it's because someone at GDS actually has to process the PayPal orders instead of having it done by a third party payment processing vendor. I don't know if you've ever had a PayPal payment made TO you rather than you to someone else, but the money doesn't just magically materialize in your account the moment the confirmation is generated. Takes a business day or two to show up (depending on your bank). That's a far cry from "literally minutes", I'd say.

gripperm
09-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Or you can get a PayPal Debit Card which is a Visa or Mc so you can use a CC so to speak

Blackman
10-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Hopefully that Paypal system will enable other credit card payments 'cause I don't have a visa nor credit card (and live in Europe) and would love to purchase the game as soon as it arrives. :)

Are there alternatives to visa/... or do I have to bug my parents about it?

thx