PDA

View Full Version : Do the default fighters use set tactics?

Calinks
12-18-2010, 11:35 AM
I made a really good fighter but kept tactics off becasue that's what if seems like everybody else does. However, in every fight all my fighter did was ground and pound and I got bored. I wanted him to get into brawls. Decided to mess with the tactics thing and he is much more fun to watch now. Do all default fighters have their own tactics they use? IS there anyway to see them?

jesterx7769
12-18-2010, 03:01 PM
There isn't a way to see what the AI uses as it changes each fight (since their default is to not use the tactics settings). I was reading the help file earlier on tactics as I think it is a good start but has a lot of room for improvement.

From what I read, basically going into each fight the AI looks at the fighters skills and his opponents skills then with the planning skill decides which tactics to use with higher planning boosting the chance of a good strategy and a lower stat lowering the strategy.

I actually go in and change a lot of the tactis myself for my top level or more prominent guys that I use often.

For example before I did, Soldo hit a flying knee to open the fight, mounted the guy and started GnP him, then tried an arm bar, got rolled to side control (which happens too much IMO) and ended up getting RNC'd. So I went in and put all his ground stuff to never since he is only average/above average on the ground but is great on his feet even against other world class strikers. Now when its goes to he ground and he gets the advantage he stands back up. May come back to bite me/him if he loses a stand up war against a great stand up guy when he could have tried to take him down, I just didn't want one of the best strikers to try to fight on the ground.