PDA

View Full Version : The Gotham City Mafia Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Then you're nothing but a punk.

Haven't you worked with the town in the past?

Actarus
10-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I will take both these bets and happily roleclaim tomorrow. If I live.

Five more monopoly dollars you get conveniently frozen, making you unable to roleclaim anything. :p

Arrows
10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Haven't you worked with the town in the past?

To serve my own purposes. Not to be a lap dog for a group of people I'm supposed to be trying to beat.

There's a HUGE difference between siding with your enemy to beat a common enemy, and laying down at their feet because you can't do anything for yourself.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah...unfortunately I should have been working harder on my school work so that I can play Lego Batman with the ball and chain tonight.

Schoolwork always comes last was my philosophy. I stand a legit shot at ranking in the bottom 5 of Kent State's 5,000+ graduating class. 2.13 and I've never even been on Academic Probation. That shouldn't be possible.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Five more monopoly dollars you get conveniently frozen, making you unable to roleclaim anything. :p

You want to double down then? Hey gonvick, there's $2.50 monopoly money in your pocket if you stay away from the T's [roleclaim related domicile] tonight.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 05:47 PM
You want to double down then? Hey gonvick, there's $2.50 monopoly money in your pocket if you stay away from the T's [roleclaim related domicile] tonight.

Sure, as let's add Boardwalk, water works, and the electric company to sweeten the pot.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Sure, but let's add Boardwalk, water works, and the electric company to sweeten the pot.

fixed

Crychon
10-14-2008, 05:48 PM
It is now DAYPHASE 11. You have untill 10pm eastern Tuesday, 3am GMT Wednesday to come up with a lynch. With 16 people remaining, it takes 9 for a lynch.

The Shape (9) > masterded, i effin rule, sprinklefurball, Lostrelms, ford, Mr T Jobs To Me, Comradebot, Wallbanger, Tha Black Phenom

Sprinklefurball (2) > Arrows, The Shape

gonvick (1) > The Rock 13

Let me know if you see any mistakes.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 05:49 PM
It is now DAYPHASE 11. You have untill 10pm eastern Tuesday, 3am GMT Wednesday to come up with a lynch. With 16 people remaining, it takes 9 for a lynch.

The Shape (9) > masterded, i effin rule, sprinklefurball, Lostrelms, ford, Mr T Jobs To Me, Comradebot, Wallbanger, Tha Black Phenom

SHENANIGANS!

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 05:50 PM

Is this a sign of shenanigans....or just checking?

If its just checking, I think it's accurate.

Crychon
10-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Is this a sign of shenanigans....or just checking?

If its just checking, I think it's accurate.

Ok, thanks.

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 05:52 PM
If this is shenanigans then we've found our Joker...but will it matter? Tune in next time, say Bat time, same Bat channel.

ShadowedFlames
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
[peanut gallery]

I swear to God, I'll pistol-whip the next guy who says shenanigans!

[/peanut gallery]

Tha Black Phenom
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I KNEW IT!

More reason for me to think Shape is Joker. Why the hell would Creeper need more votes than usual?

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
So Arrows, if you are a good, would you not agree that its entirely unlikely (if shenanigans are at work) for Creeper to need more votes? If so, would you agree that The Joker likely would? Therefore, would you contribute your vote?

Actarus
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
If this is shenanigans then we've found our Joker...but will it matter? Tune in next time, say Bat time, same Bat channel.

“Holy Shenanigans, Batman!”

“Yes, old chum! The dastardly, despicable shenanigan has reared its’ ugly head. But if I can just reach into my utility belt, my Bat-Shenanigan Repellent should save our proverbial skins.”

[peanut gallery]

[/peanut gallery]

/ drives off in the Batmobile! :p

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 05:57 PM
[peanut gallery]

[/peanut gallery]

Hey sprinklefurball, what's that restaurant you like to go to with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 05:58 PM
If Crychon is messing with us...so help me Bob I'll hunt him down and mutilate him with tweezers.

Mr T Jobs To Me
Sure, as let's add Boardwalk, water works, and the electric company to sweeten the pot.

Add in a "Get out of Lynch Free" card and you have yourself a deal!

Actarus
For any C-Verse fans, who can tell me Tom Foolery’s former tag team partner?

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 05:59 PM
For any C-Verse fans, who can tell me Tom Foolery’s former tag team partner?

Shane Hannigans!

I almost signed him to WWN... may still one day.

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM

Change Vote: No Vote

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM

Change Vote: No Vote

Testing the situation, I presume?

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Testing the situation, I presume?

Indeed.

Actarus
Add in a "Get out of Lynch Free" card and you have yourself a deal!

Unfortunately, my Monopoly set is old, and is missing a few cards, but how about Park Place for good measure? :p

Tha Black Phenom
****'s sake. I just noticed the only guy who can change his vote is Arrows, and Rock 13 is offline since he's a Brit.

Damn.

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey sprinklefurball, what's that restaurant you like to go to with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
You mean Shenanigans?

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Someone note this phase for the Scummies....

Also, someone tap Crychon on the shoulder.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:03 PM
You mean Shenanigans?

"Momma said that THESE MY MAAAAGIIIIC SHOOOOOES.... Momma says they take me anywhere! Course, momma used to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard..."

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
"Momma said that THESE MY MAAAAGIIIIC SHOOOOOES.... Momma says they take me anywhere! Course, momma used to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard..."

Waiting, anyone? With Ryan Reynolds?

Crychon
10-14-2008, 06:06 PM

The Shape (8) > masterded, sprinklefurball, Lostrelms, ford, Mr T Jobs To Me, Comradebot, Wallbanger, Tha Black Phenom

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Shenanigans!!!!!!!!!!

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Waiting, anyone? With Ryan Reynolds?

Great flick, even Dane Cook manages not to suck. Somebody hand ShadowedFlames a pistol.

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 06:08 PM
...balls

Vote: The Shape

Game set and match. Either we hope we lynch him or settle for someone else. Wow, I can't believe we could actually lose this game.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
So, either:

1.) Arrows changes his vote

2.) we pray Rock 13 gets back on before the deadline and changes his vote

3.) We miss the deadline entirely

I...can't decide what to put my money on...

Crychon
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM

The Shape (9) > masterded, sprinklefurball, Lostrelms, ford, Mr T Jobs To Me, Comradebot, Wallbanger, Tha Black Phenom, i effin rule

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 06:10 PM
So, either:

1.) Arrows changes his vote

2.) we pray Rock 13 gets back on before the deadline and changes his vote

3.) We miss the deadline entirely

I...can't decide what to put my money on...

If it's 2/3rds (generally it is) votes needed then we'll need 10 or 11 depending on how DJ rounded. Which means we're screwed.

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 06:11 PM
So...arrows...
Why exactly are you convinced I'm the Joker and not The Shape?

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
So...arrows...
Why exactly are you convinced I'm the Joker and not The Shape?

If he really wants to be "set free" he'll vote with us, though it likely won't matter.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
If it's 2/3rds (generally it is) votes needed then we'll need 10 or 11 depending on how DJ rounded. Which means we're screwed.

...Balls

Yep...I feel useless right about now, that is true.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 06:16 PM
If he really wants to be "set free" he'll vote with us, though it likely won't matter.

I think the writing is on the wall there.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
So, it's Arrows, Gonvick, or Sprinklefurball I guess.

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm glad I'm done after this game. This has just killed it for me.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:21 PM

Lovely. Seems to me Shape just managed to buy himself enough time that when we realized the truth, it might be too late. Lord I hope The Rock 13 signs on...

So, any emergency plan should we be down to 10 minutes and no sign of him? Could the mods allow some sort of "future" vote, where we say our vote will change to someone else at 9:50 EST?

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 06:23 PM

The Shape (8) > masterded, sprinklefurball, Lostrelms, ford, Mr T Jobs To Me, Comradebot, Wallbanger, Tha Black Phenom

Lovely. Seems to me Shape just managed to buy himself enough time that when we realized the truth, it might be too late. Lord I hope The Rock 13 signs on...

So, any emergency plan should we be down to 10 minutes and no sign of him? Could the mods allow some sort of "future" vote, where we say our vote will change to someone else at 9:50 EST?

Are there enough people to change it, though...

What are you talking about...I took a break off from games and came back with this one and my love for this game is regenerated!

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 06:24 PM

Or 9:59 EST, just to make sure.

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 06:25 PM
What are you talking about...I took a break off from games and came back with this one and my love for this game is regenerated!

I fought and fought and fought for the Shape lynch, and for it to go like this just drains me.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 06:25 PM

Has anything like that ever been done before?

I don't think DJ is on yet (my guess is 8:00 at the earliest), but maybe we can ask the mods for this exception we he does come on, as to ask people to stick around hoping for someone to show up on a work night may be asking for too much.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I fought and fought and fought for the Shape lynch, and for it to go like this just drains me.

/nod

Feel bad I can't hammer this for you.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:34 PM
So... running odds on Arrows having worked with The Shape the whole time?

I'm saying... 3 to 1 he's just plain ol' scum.

Also, after his little speech about "no meta-gaming" and possibly taking advantage of the fact that a person needed to lynch is unavaliable due to time zones would make him a huge hypocrite.

You know, if he's been working with Shape this whole time. Hopefully, if we can't string him up, we can lynch Freeze and have enough people capable the next day of stringing the clown up.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 06:37 PM
So... running odds on Arrows having worked with The Shape the whole time?

I'm saying... 3 to 1 he's just plain ol' scum.

Also, after his little speech about "no meta-gaming" and possibly taking advantage of the fact that a person needed to lynch is unavaliable due to time zones would make him a huge hypocrite.

You know, if he's been working with Shape this whole time. Hopefully, if we can't string him up, we can lynch Freeze and have enough people capable the next day of stringing the clown up.

You just now decided that? I think we have to take Freeze out with a lynch. Only way we can get out of this.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:41 PM
You just now decided that? I think we have to take Freeze out with a lynch. Only way we can get out of this.

Nah, I didn't decide just now, awhile back when we first realized Shape IS the Joker.

Just haven't posted that particular thought until now.

We should lynch Freeze, and do what we can to minimalize our losses during the night. Maybe some smart protections (we have someone left, don't we? Maybe?) and some luck on the part of ford and I to kill some of the other scum?

Actarus
10-14-2008, 06:42 PM

It's...tough to make alternative plans at this point. Will enough townies even check in between now and the deadline to switch votes.

I guess all we can do now is gamble and hope that Arrows or Rock 13 not only come on but change their vote. Maybe an hour before the deadline, townies should change their vote to gonvick?

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:44 PM
It's...tough to make alternative plans at this point. Will enough townies even check in between now and the deadline to switch votes.

I guess all we can do now is gamble and hope that Arrows or Rock 13 not only come on but change their vote. Maybe an hour before the deadline, townies should change their vote to gonvick?

Sounds solid to me... man this sucks.

Couple of quick questions to save me time from digging in the thread, Actarus:

1. Does you power prevent action from the person you target? I didn't think so, but I want to be certain.
2. Would you live if you occupied a person's body who died that night?

Actarus
10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Sounds solid to me... man this sucks.

Couple of quick questions to save me time from digging in the thread, Actarus:

1. Does you power prevent action from the person you target? I didn't think so, but I want to be certain.
2. Would you live if you occupied a person's body who died that night?

1. Actually, there's evidence that it DOES. For example, when I took over Freeze no one was frozen that night. Sorry.
2. I actually don't know, but based on my PM as well as my knowledge of the character, I'm 98% certain I won't.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Be back in half-an-hour.

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 06:50 PM

Rock 13's time zone appears to be very different that of eastern...He hasn't posted between like 3 or 4PM eastern and 2 or 3 am eastern, based on searching for his posts.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 06:50 PM
1. Actually, there's evidence that it DOES. For example, when I took over Freeze no one was frozen that night. Sorry.
2. I actually don't know, but based on my PM as well as my knowledge of the character, I'm 98% certain I won't.

Okay, this is what we're calling Plan B: A Work In Progress if we can't lynch Shape:

1. If we have the ability, try to keep the more important people alive, or townies in general.
2. ford should go after one of the scum in an attempt to kill them
3. I will do the same.
4. Actarus should target Arrows to prevent him from roleblocking me, or protecting Anti, or any of that nonsense
5. Pray
6. ???
7. PROFIT!

This is assuming we can't get the lynch. Put without Freeze, all the scum can do to slow us is to roleblock myself or ford. If we remove that, we have a CHANCE at killing two of em in the night, which should greatly increase our odds of winning. Knowing the way this damned power has worked though, I wouldn't be shocked if both lived.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Okay, this is what we're calling Plan B: A Work In Progress if we can't lynch Shape:

1. If we have the ability, try to keep the more important people alive, or townies in general.
2. ford should go after one of the scum in an attempt to kill them
3. I will do the same.
4. Actarus should target Arrows to prevent him from roleblocking me, or protecting Anti, or any of that nonsense
5. Pray
6. ???
7. PROFIT!

This is assuming we can't get the lynch. Put without Freeze, all the scum can do to slow us is to roleblock myself or ford. If we remove that, we have a CHANCE at killing two of em in the night, which should greatly increase our odds of winning. Knowing the way this damned power has worked though, I wouldn't be shocked if both lived.

Want to make sure of something; when you were roleblocked last night phase, did Arrows role-block you or did Joker role-block you using Arrows stolen ability?

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 07:15 PM
At 9, if Rock isn't here, I'm switchin' to Gonvick.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Want to make sure of something; when you were roleblocked last night phase, did Arrows role-block you or did Joker role-block you using Arrows stolen ability?

Good point... but how much does it matter? I do believe you can't target The Joker, right? So in that event I'm blocked no matter what. I say gamble and remove Penguin from the equation if at all possible.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Good point... but how much does it matter? I do believe you can't target The Joker, right? So in that event I'm blocked no matter what. I say gamble and remove Penguin from the equation if at all possible.

I agree w/ gambling, just pointing this out. Also, it's not confirmed in this game that I cannot take control of the Joker. So I guess the question is do I try to possess Shape (& possibly fail) or Arrows (definitive). Also, who to protect...I was thinking zee Bat.

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I agree w/ gambling, just pointing this out. Also, it's not confirmed in this game that I cannot take control of the Joker. So I guess the question is do I try to possess Shape (& possibly fail) or Arrows (definitive). Also, who to protect...I was thinking zee Bat.

You don't have to worry about him, he's bulletproof.

Tha Black Phenom
10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Rock 13 won't come on, tbh.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
You don't have to worry about him, he's bulletproof.

So... four townies are bulletproof?

Tha Black Phenom
10-14-2008, 07:30 PM
I dislike the fact sprinkle had to prove his red mafia-ness so late, I mean as soon as he claimed to be Secret Society, he should've showed his affiliation with JC and whatnot.

bah

Actarus
10-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I dislike the fact sprinkle had to prove his red mafia-ness so late, I mean as soon as he claimed to be Secret Society, he should've showed his affiliation with JC and whatnot.

bah

The secret of comedy…timing…unfortunately. I…don’t really blame sprinkle for this. It is amazingly frustrating, but it’s just…the way things are unfortunately. Moving on…

This conjecture is moot at this point, but if any townies are willing to humor me: do you think the Joker CAN kill 3 people in the next night phase? What do you guys think?

This is my first and only mafia game; I have zero experience to draw upon. But I can’t help but think to myself that if the Joker can take out three people every night phase, he is seriously over-powered (no offense intended to DJ or Crychon). Yes, the Joker should be on the powerful side, but still that just seems excessive to me. My theory is that it’s a one shot ability (or maybe a “rechargeable” ability, where he needs to set still X # of night phases to do it again).

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Change Vote: Gonvick

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 08:09 PM
change vote: gonvick

Bollocks.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
change vote: gonvick

Bollocks.

/nod

Should I put up a sign every...10-15 minutes or so?

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Just skimmed through (I've been watching The Dark Knight for the first time =D) and sigh, if you guys want to do this then fine. Hopefully sprinkle can be blocked/vig'd or whatever tonight and then you wrap up from there. I'd have liked to live through my redemption but hey, if this is what it takes then fine.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 08:14 PM
/nod

Should I put up a sign every...10-15 minutes or so?

Sure... and pray to the good lord than enough people sign on to change their votes.

djthefunkchris
10-14-2008, 08:16 PM

The Shape (9) > masterded, sprinklefurball, Lostrelms, ford, Mr T Jobs To Me, Comradebot, Wallbanger, Tha Black Phenom, i effin rule

LYNCH HAS BEEN ACHIEVED (Sorry, I'm on an old computer right now, just got home and my other computer is messin' up on me).

I'll get the write up done in a few minutes.

Again, sorry, I see people were about to change, but it's too late. Give me a few to get this old computer going right, and I'll get it up ASAP.

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I lol @ people having moaned about time constaints all game and yet are willing to start from scratch with gonvick rather than going for broke with sprinkle. If you're going to go all out like that it has to be for the big cheese.

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 08:18 PM

LYNCH HAS BEEN ACHIEVED (Sorry, I'm on an old computer right now, just got home and my other computer is messin' up on me).

I'll get the write up done in a few minutes.

Again, sorry, I see people were about to change, but it's too late. Give me a few to get this old computer going right, and I'll get it up ASAP.

*wipes forehead*

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 08:19 PM
I lol @ people having moaned about time constaints all game and yet are willing to start from scratch with gonvick rather than going for broke with sprinkle. If you're going to go all out like that it has to be for the big cheese.
Na na na, na na na, hey hey hey...

good game...

*shakes hand*

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh. Well that sucks. You could really have messed things up here guys, but I hope it's not too late.

You have no idea. Well you do, you've just constantly refused to acknowledge it.

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Na na na, na na na, hey hey hey...

good game...

*shakes hand*

You conniving...I honestly can't believe you've survived yet again :D

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 08:23 PM
You conniving...I honestly can't believe you've survived yet again :D
Well what can I say...it's like that destiny child song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)...

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Well what can I say...it's like that destiny child song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)...

Aha.

So I take it you guys have all but won now?

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Aha.

So I take it you guys have all but won now?
No..I'm still losing...
I just had never done that before, I've always wondered what it felt like.

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Hm? We'll see eh. I literally have to go sleep, as much as I'd love to see the reactions right away. Ciao.

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:32 PM
what we had there, was a mod playing with our emoticons!!

djthefunkchris
DAY PHASE 11

GOTHAM CITY MAFIA

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/GothamCity-1.jpg

They knew for sure, they thought. Gothamites talked about it all day, but nobody dared really go all out till the day was almost over. This was the longest meeting in Gotham city to date.

"Your the Joker!"

"Guys, guys, sorry, no. Your not making sense. Can you not see how obvious it is?"

"I can see how obvious it is, your the one not seeing it!"

"I'm starting to wonder about you!"

"Quit fighting!"

"That's not a fight, you should see us really fight!"

"Yeah, the old man thinks just cuz I'm fat, I'm slow!"

However, one side was a bit more believable to Gothamites, then the other. So they went to fetch the person they wanted to lynch.

"Oh... MY GOD He's CREEPY looking!"

"He is walking creepy!"

"JEEPERS! CREEPERS!!

"That guy is just Creepin' me the ____ out!"

"Yeah, he is creepy!"

And although this would be a sad day for anyone else.. The "Creepy" looking guy still wore the smile as they were about to hang him... He said "Why so SERIOUS!" Then they let him swing!

The Shape is dead. He was THE CREEPER!

Just then a gaseous vapor come up through the sewers, hittin' everyone around. People started going nuts.....

They were laughing very hard, very hard indeed, it was the gas.

Then The Shape said his last words......... "Let me put a smile on your face!"

The Joker, Gotham Mafia Aligned Professional Criminal

sprinklefurball
I don't think I've been waiting for a write up with so much
antici............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................PATION

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:33 PM
DAY PHASE 10

GOTHAM CITY MAFIA

They knew for sure, they thought. Gothamites talked about it all day, but nobody dared really go all out till the day was almost over. This was the longest meeting in Gotham city to date.

"Your the Joker!"

"Guys, guys, sorry, no. Your not making sense. Can you not see how obvious it is?"

"I can see how obvious it is, your the one not seeing it!"

"I'm starting to wonder about you!"

"Quit fighting!"

"That's not a fight, you should see us really fight!"

"Yeah, the old man thinks just cuz I'm fat, I'm slow!"

However, one side was a bit more believable to Gothamites, then the other. So they went to fetch the person they wanted to lynch.

"Oh... MY GOD He's CREEPY looking!"

"He is walking creepy!"

"JEEPERS! CREEPERS!!

"That guy is just Creepin' me the ____ out!"

"Yeah, he is creepy!"

And although this would be a sad day for anyone else.. The "Creepy" looking guy still wore the smile as they were about to hang him... He said "Why so SERIOUS!" Then they let him swing!

The Shape is dead. He was THE CREEPER![b]

Just then a gaseous vapor come up through the sewers, hittin' everyone around. People started going nuts.....

They were laughing very hard, very hard indeed, it was the gas.

Then The Shape said his last words......... "Let me put a smile on your face!"

[b]The Joker, Gotham Mafia Aligned Professional Criminal

BOOM Dont Doubt the Bat!

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Heh, I'm still here. And there we go. Fun playing guys, that last day phase really was epic =D

For the record, looking back, I would not have done a single thing differently. I think I played this as well have I could if I avoid hindsight and knowledge I subsequently gained.

Comradebot
Okay... what the hell just happened?

GruntMark
Yes!

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Heh, I'm still here. And there we go. Fun playing guys, that last day phase really was epic =D

For the record, looking back, I would not have done a single thing differently. I think I played this as well have I could if I avoid hindsight and knowledge I subsequently gained.

You played well.

And i cannot Believe... i outed myself to the F**KING JOKER!

djthefunkchris
I just have to say... I can't say enough of how much I love The Shape in this game. I'll wait till the end before I tell you why, but just... MY GOD, RFLMAO!

Comradebot
As to the laughing gas, that is?

Just fun flavor for the death of Joe Curr?

Actarus
10-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Okay... what the hell just happened?

I'm thinking...Joker escapes a first lynch attempt, but not a 2nd?

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 08:38 PM
:confused:
huh?

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:38 PM
You played well.

And i cannot Believe... i outed myself to the F**KING JOKER!

:cool:

I just have to say... I can't say enough of how much I love The Shape in this game. I'll wait till the end before I tell you why, but just... MY GOD, RFLMAO!

Even I don't know :D

The Shape
10-14-2008, 08:39 PM

;).

Actarus
10-14-2008, 08:40 PM
:confused:
huh?

No, I'm right there with you. I have no idea what happened right now. Like Comrade said, is the laughing gas flavor? Is it night phase? Has the town succumed to laughing gas and lost?

Comradebot
So, Arrows... can Penguins not fly? :D

Actarus
No, I'm right there with you. I have no idea what happened right now. Like Comrade said, is the laughing gas flavor? Is it night phase? Has the town succumbed to laughing gas and lost?

fixed

djthefunkchris
I was late, and I wanted some flavor to this write-up if it had happened, so Crychon waited for me because I didn't make my PM make enough sense, lol. I used his last post for the lynching, but NOW know there was an earlier one before...

I'm still back at around 11am today, far as catching up, so I didn't realise there was already another time that it had happened.

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I was late, and I wanted some flavor to this write-up if it had happened, so Crychon waited for me because I didn't make my PM make enough sense, lol. I used his last post for the lynching, but NOW know there was an earlier one before...

I'm still back at around 11am today, far as catching up, so I didn't realise there was already another time that it had happened.

Engrish preeze

that didnt make sense to me..

Arrows
So, Arrows... can Penguins not fly? :D

We'll find out tonight.

Come get you some.

sprinklefurball
Engrish preeze

that didnt make sense to me..
I don't think anybody understands it...

Actarus
;).

lol...I hate you...lol...:p:D

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 08:43 PM

You played well, real well. I didn't have anything on you, I just knew that if it were between you and sprinkle that it couldn't be sprinkle. Good job though...and THANK GOD that lynch went through. You certainly had me worried.

And I hate Crychon.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 08:43 PM
We'll find out tonight.

Come get you some.

I just might... maybe ford will. Wouldn't you like to know, fatboy?

Crychon
10-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Minister Whitey and Antithesis have thawed!

Arrows
10-14-2008, 08:44 PM
I just might... maybe ford will. Wouldn't you like to know, fatboy?

Doesn't really matter to me. Should be an entertaining night though.:D

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM
My stubbornness payed off, so maybe Banger will hate me less now :D

Crychon
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM
You played well, real well. I didn't have anything on you, I just knew that if it were between you and sprinkle that it couldn't be sprinkle. Good job though...and THANK GOD that lynch went through. You certainly had me worried.

And I hate Crychon.

I waited for a reason, not to be a jerk...

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
So, Anti, now that you are thawed... anything to say now that 'Puddin is dead?

Actarus
10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Doesn't really matter to me. Should be an entertaining night though.:D

So Arrows, I take it you're a minion of the Joker, and that winning with town stuff is bull****

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:47 PM
So Arrows, I take it you're a minion of the Joker, and that winning with town stuff is bull****

as hard as he defended Shape to the end, to me that is a HUGe well duh statement.

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:47 PM
IER, come see me in my office for a moment please.

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I waited for a reason, not to be a jerk...

I still hate you :D

Arrows

You'll find out when I'm dead, won't you?

Actarus
as hard as he defended Shape to the end, to me that is a HUGe well duh statement.

Watch it, or I'll take you over tonight just for ****s & giggles :p

Wallbanger
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
My stubbornness payed off, so maybe Banger will hate me less now :D

Yeah, instead of the hate of a thousand burning suns it will be the hate of nine hundred ninety nine burning suns... :p

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, instead of the hate of a thousand burning suns it will be the hate of nine hundred ninety nine burning suns... :p

Lol...

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Watch it, or I'll take you over tonight just for ****s & giggles :p

I still say, you inhabit the Penguin. I want the potential extra lulz of a short, fat man with a tophat and monocle getting sent plummeting to the ground by a deranged bat creature, while a dead guy inhabits the body of the fat man.

Just think about it.

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:51 PM
I still say, you inhabit the Penguin. I want the potential extra lulz of a short, fat man with a tophat and monocle getting sent plummeting to the ground by a deranged bat creature, while a dead guy inhabits the body of the fat man.

Just think about it.

If it killed the dead guy at the same time, this would be bad.... mmkay?

Arrows
10-14-2008, 08:52 PM

Just think about it.

Scared to come at me one on one now? Go run and get help. We'll see who's left standing.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 08:52 PM

Just think about it.

I don't think it works that way; if I take over Penguin, I think what will happen is you'll get a PM telling you "You couldn't find your target", or something to that effect.

I think...

Wallbanger
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
You really do have to go through the motions, otherwise it's harder to discern intent or motivation. Frustrating as the day might have been for everyone involved, it's play like that which makes everyone better (as long as folks can leave it in the game).

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
That's gotta be one of the most chaotic phases in gds mafia history.

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:54 PM
That's gotta be one of the most chaotic phases in gds mafia history.

You know what though?

We outed the last red mafia (you) and STILL got the bigger threat dead.

Thats win/win times 100!

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Scared to come at me one on one now? Go run and get help. We'll see who's left standing.

Well... I'm bulletproof. I like my odds.

Arrows
10-14-2008, 08:55 PM
You know what though?

We outed the last red mafia (you) and STILL got the bigger threat dead.

Thats win/win times 100!

Fair warning, Bat Man.

He ain't the last red mafia.

When I'm dead. Remember that.

Arrows
10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Well... I'm bulletproof. I like my odds.

Try me.

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Fair warning, Bat Man.

Hmm....

My question for you, is did you REALLY have me figured out as early as you say you did?

Arrows
10-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Hmm....

My question for you, is did you REALLY have me figured out as early as you say you did?

*Smirks.*

All 3 of you. Ask DJ or Crych.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 08:59 PM
So, leftover scum:

Anti 2.0 (Harley Quine)
Arrows (Penguin)
Sprinkefurball (calculator)
Gonvick (Freeze)
Sword-wielding Assassin Man

Any ideas on the Swordsman. While I think it's Mr T, some solid evidence would be nice.

Arrows
So, leftover scum:

Anti 2.0 (Harley Quine)
Arrows (Penguin)
Gonvick (Freeze)

Any ideas on the Swordsman. While I think it's Mr T, some solid evidence would be nice.

Really think I'm scum?

Interesting.

sprinklefurball
Why hasn't night phase started yet?

Actarus
10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Really think I'm scum?

Interesting.

Based on your attitude post-Joker lynch, why wouldn't I?

Lostrelms
*Smirks.*

what about Nightwing?

Comradebot
*Smirks.*

I would like to say, that back when lprock was in control we had him going after Shape around night three or so.

So, I had it figured out pretty early that Shape was scum! Shame there was never any real evidence, and even now we mostly got him on reasoning alone.

lprock never told me he couldn't find him though... but whatever, not important now.

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 09:01 PM

2 things you need to learn about Arrows.

1 he is veryprideful.

2. he will hardly EVER admit he is wrong.

Neither of those are necessarily bad things in mafia, and it ALWAYS makes for a fun mafia game.

Arrows
10-14-2008, 09:01 PM

How'd you expect me to act? Really? You want me to get down on my knees, kiss IER's feet, and say he's the all mighty know it all?

You guys are the ones wanting to kill ME.

NOT the other way around.

Think about that.

Arrows
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
what about Nightwing?

He came in later.

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 09:05 PM
He came in later.

Well yeah... but did you know where he belonged when he joined?

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
He came in later.

And you and i need to have a talk after the game, im dying to know how you figured it all out.

Arrows
Well yeah... but did you know where he belonged when he joined?

I didn't catch that one. Had no clue you had found another until he died. Same as I have NO clue if Robin's with ya.

i effin rule
How'd you expect me to act? Really? You want me to get down on my knees, kiss IER's feet, and say he's the all mighty know it all?

Think about that.

What did I do to you?

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
I didn't catch that one. Had no clue you had found another until he died. Same as I have NO clue if Robin's with ya.

He should target us and find out if he can be recruited.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
What did I do to you?

You didn't side with him in not lynching The Joker, from what I can tell.

Arrows
10-14-2008, 09:08 PM
What did I do to you?

Nothing. That comment was nothing personal either, and I hope you don't take it that way. We were the main two going back and forth, and as such, when I was proven wrong, the only attitude I could have other than the one I do now, would be kissing your backside. I'm not that type of person.

Comradebot
10-14-2008, 09:08 PM
He should target us and find out if he can be recruited.

Hey, I wonder if I can do that!

I mean, Batman's bulletproof, right?

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey, I wonder if I can do that!

I mean, Batman's bulletproof, right?

It doesnt quite work that way..

and yes, i am, but.. you... not bullets.... ect ect...

Antithesis
10-14-2008, 09:10 PM
So, Anti, now that you are thawed... anything to say now that 'Puddin is dead?

I'm glad you guys finally followed up on my push against Shape.

I am disappointed a couple of people wanted to lynch me over the alignment thing.. simple truth is go read the exchange, it was assumed 4 and 3 referred to remaining alignments, if that were the case, I volunteered that I would be the fourth.

I'm still

Harleen Quinzel AKA Harley Quinn, Individually Aligned Criminal

Which I suppose means I'll eventually have to die, since I have yet to get a PM from DJ saying I am Gotham aligned or anything.

Be that as it may, I always told the truth, and I think recent events show that to be the case.

IER, you asked what could you do to rally people... and I think you just have to be more forceful. I am guessing thats probably why i wound up frozen. I was already pressing on Shape, and everyone knows I live to argue. I don't think he wanted me around today to hammer him constantly.

Also if this helps clear anything up, last night the name I pmed in was Wallbanger.

Here is the list Crychon gave me for YIM's search.

Arrows, mjdgoldeneye, Blode, i effin rule, d_w_w, Wallbanger and Gruntmark

Obviously it doesn't matter now. But like I said prior to last night, I didn't want to find the joker, so I'd target someone who's name was already cleared via YIM's list. Thus I checked out Wallbanger again.. or tried to. Being frozen I got no result at all.

i effin rule
10-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Nothing. That comment was nothing personal either, and I hope you don't take it that way. We were the main two going back and forth, and as such, when I was proven wrong, the only attitude I could have other than the one I do now, would be kissing your backside. I'm not that type of person.

Just wanted to make sure everything was still cool.

Arrows
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Just wanted to make sure everything was still cool.

Yea. We're cool.

sprinklefurball
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Why hasn't night phase started yet?
And I ask again...

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 09:13 PM
And I ask again...

I would assume just a pair of forgetful mods, who forgot to officially announce that. id assume yes.

Crychon
10-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I still hate you :D

Fair enough. :p

Antithesis
10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Might I ask what Minister Whitey was doing to be frozen along with me?

Lostrelms
10-14-2008, 09:21 PM

my guess is The Question was investigating you.

Antithesis
10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
my guess is The Question was investigating you.

Well I hope he got a result and can confirm what I've said. Some of the supposed 'townies' voting along with Shape on me and/or sprinkle has me slightly concerned.

djthefunkchris
10-14-2008, 09:48 PM
IT IS NOW NIGHTPHASE, You have untill 10PM eastern, Wednesday to get those PM's in!

Minister Whitey
10-14-2008, 09:50 PM
So, leftover scum:

Anti 2.0 (Harley Quine)
Arrows (Penguin)
Gonvick (Freeze)

/nod

Think about that.
I wonder. You defended The Shape to the bitter end, when it was obvious he was The Joker. How exactly should we treat you?

IER, you asked what could you do to rally people... and I think you just have to be more forceful. I am guessing thats probably why i wound up frozen. I was already pressing on Shape, and everyone knows I live to argue. I don't think he wanted me around today to hammer him constantly.

I get the feeling that I was targeted for the freezing rather than you. There was still technically a chance that you would seek out The Joker and join them while still putting up a strong case for the town in the day time.

I investigated you. Unfortunately because I was frozen, I didn't get a result.

Actarus
10-14-2008, 09:55 PM

Think about that.

You misunderstood...or are purposefully redirecting. I was referring to this comment:

Fair warning, Bat Man.

Personally, I couldn't care less if you offered to give IER a back rub, or continue to insist that sprinkle is the Joker. While it'd be cool to see some humility, I was fairly certain I wouldn't witness it.

Arrows
10-14-2008, 10:46 PM
You misunderstood...or are purposefully redirecting. I was referring to this comment:

Personally, I couldn't care less if you offered to give IER a back rub, or continue to insist that sprinkle is the Joker. While it'd be cool to see some humility, I was fairly certain I wouldn't witness it.

I don't show humility. Sorry if that offends you. That's just me.

Tha Black Phenom
10-14-2008, 11:43 PM
god damn you, Shape.

why must you get all the good roles? I despise you.

Well played though, you had me second-guessing also. Uh... I'm high right now so i won't try to think much **** up about who to target next.

Antithesis
10-15-2008, 01:10 AM
/

I get the feeling that I was targeted for the freezing rather than you.

He had his target. He was definitely feeling a bit warm.

"You're kind of Hot, how about chillin'?!"

I am pretty sure this is Freeze targetting me.

gonvick
10-15-2008, 01:38 AM

You keep going on about this, but you were only frozen once. Get over it. :p

gonvick
10-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Sprinkle, I'd like to have a few words with you. You won the Joker battle, so well done there. No hard feelings. But now we're both in a tough spot. We're on the verge of defeat here, both me and you. But I think we still have a chance. I think we can work together, join forces and still conquer Gotham.

I'd like you to use your kill tonight on either masterded or Mr T, I think you can decide which one is best.

If we unite in our opposition to The Bat, and his friends, we still might be able to salvage something. If we don't, then we both lose for sure.

Whatever you decide, don't confirm or deny in the thread here. Just do or do not. Victory or defeat.

Antithesis
10-15-2008, 01:52 AM
:eek:

What the

Minister Whitey
10-15-2008, 03:10 AM
I am pretty sure this is Freeze targetting me.
I'm pretty hot too... for a chick without a face!

The Shape
10-15-2008, 05:16 AM
why must you get all the good roles? I despise you.

I make them good =D

Actarus
10-15-2008, 08:03 AM
I don't show humility. Sorry if that offends you. That's just me.

Like I said, I wasn't expecting any. And I'm not offended...annoyed would be a better word. Truth be told though...I don't care all that much. Personally, I'd like this game to move forward, so let's just leave it at that.

Speaking of the game, I'm guessing you're not going to provide any definitive proof that you can win with the town?

To Shape: From Dr. Leslie Tomkins to the Joker. Sheesh. Out of curiousity, when did you think of the Creeper alibi?

Arrows
10-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Like I said, I wasn't expecting any. And I'm not offended...annoyed would be a better word. Truth be told though...I don't care all that much. Personally, I'd like this game to move forward, so let's just leave it at that.

Speaking of the game, I'm guessing you're not going to provide any definitive proof that you can win with the town?

To Shape: From Dr. Leslie Tomkins to the Joker. Sheesh. Out of curiousity, when did you think of the Creeper alibi?

How exactly do you propose I do that?

Actarus
10-15-2008, 08:20 AM

Dude, it's cool. I want to move on, hence my question. Or are you purposefully avoiding it?

Actarus
10-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Dude, it's cool. I want to move on, hence my question. Or are you purposefully avoiding it?

Ooops; never mind. This is what I get for reading without my glasses on.

Actarus
10-15-2008, 08:21 AM

What does your win condition say in your PM?

Arrows
10-15-2008, 08:22 AM

I don't have any definitive proof I am on the side of Gotham. I am, but there's really no way for me to prove that that's the case, until I'm dead.

The Shape
10-15-2008, 08:54 AM

I'll answer after the game xD

Arrows
10-15-2008, 09:42 AM
What does your win condition say in your PM?

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. To sum it up without quoting it, I have to help ensure that no group takes over Gotham, so that I can attempt to do so myself. I'm assuming this wouldn't happen this game, as throwing me into a scum group by myself after I help take out all of the scum would be REALLY low.

masterded
10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh what a great day I missed. Also boo to someone telling someone to kill me tonight.

i effin rule
10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Sure is quiet...

Antithesis
10-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I guess after a day phase like that maybe people are drained. Several times when I was frozen wanted to post and yell at people, but I somehow showed restraint.

djthefunkchris
10-15-2008, 09:00 PM
night Phase Is Over!

i effin rule
10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
I roleblocked sprinkle.

Actarus
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
I roleblocked sprinkle.

I possessed sprinkle...

sprinklefurball
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I killed sprinkle!

Wait...

djthefunkchris
10-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Whatever, lol.

djthefunkchris
10-15-2008, 09:55 PM
3, 2, 1...

Crychon
10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
NIGHT PHASE 11

GOTHAM CITY MAFIA

Earlier in the day, Gotham had rid itself of one of the most dangerous threats that ever roamed the streets of the city, however, there was more work to be done, and more scum and villainy to rid themselves of.

Meanwhile, the scum and villainy was very busy on this night.

He fell into the shadows, following the one he wanted more information on.

He was ready. He prepared his things, and he was going to go cause some trouble for one person tonight...

Suddenly he felt a soft breeze, and his intentions changed. He decided to go another way.

He was walking intently down the street, he had something he had to do, and he wasn't going to let anything he was going to do stop it.

Hmm.... He looked at his target... This wasn't going to be an easy one by any means, this would have to be just right.

She had one in mind that she wanted to question, and went to where she thought he'd be. She started to walk up to him, when another joined her by her side. They both marched up to the one, and turned them around.

"I've got a few questions for...?!"

She gasped as she saw it wasn't her target at all, and there was a timer ticking down, "3...2..."

None of them had time to react, Minister Whitey and sprinklefurball were fried.

"What have I done?!" He thought to himself. "If it weren't for my meddling, these two might still be alive! I, I, I can't bear this!" And so Actarus took off from Gotham, to seek understanding, a higher cause, or whatever reason a dead person has to leave... The guilt is more then he could stand at this time, so he had to get away.

He was following, on the buildings. This one was a challenging, and he was going to do what he could to help!

Farther back, deeper in the shadows, another was also following.

He went to the top of the building, and in his usual fashion he shouted

"Hey, I think it's time for you to..."

Looking down, he realized his target was charred to bits, and it might actually be in poor taste to finish his sentence... He did anyway, under his breath.

"chill out..."

He turned around just in time to hear it.

"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCH!"

gonvick was pushed and lost his footing, plumeting off the edge of the building to his death.

"SCRRRRRREEEEEEEEETCH!"

He was following someone intently.

"I'm coming to pro...KI..." And his chest and neck was warm, all of a sudden for no particular reason.

ford looked down only to find a long jagged piece of metal sticking out of his throat, blood gushed outward covering him, his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and the darkness greeted him in the after life.

He watched for a moment, and started to walk off with a satisfied smile on his face, when he saw the badge.

"Err... Yeah.... I don't think I need to do too much in the way of questioning here..."

Minister Whitey is dead, he was Renee Montoya AKA The Question, Gotham Aligned Private Investigator
gonvick is dead, he was Victor Fries AKA Mister Freeze, Gotham Mafia Aligned Cold Criminal
Actarus is gone, he was Boston Brand AKA Deadman, Gotham Aligned Ghost
sprinklefurball is dead, he was Noah Kuttler AKA Calculator, Secret Society Aligned Information Broker
ford is dead, he was Kirk Langstrom AKA Man-Bat, Gotham Aligned Biologist And Zoologist

djthefunkchris
10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Crychons posting this one. All hate mail goes to HIM!

sprinklefurball
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Good game everybody.
DJ, Crychon I loved the game.

Actarus
10-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Balls

0-1

I truly suck

Get them scum town

/ floats away to Nanda Parbat

bak42
10-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Balls

0-1

I truly suck

Get them scum town

Hey, you lasted longer than I did.

djthefunkchris
10-15-2008, 10:02 PM
IT is now dayphase. You have untill 10PM Eastern Friday, 3am GMT Saturday, to lynch. With 10 people remaining, it is 6 to lynch.

i effin rule
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
So you were recruited Comrade.

i effin rule
10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
So you were recruited Comrade.

Nevermind.

masterded
10-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh yeah haven't got the pm but it is clear Me. T is scum.

masterded
10-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Mr T damn it.

i effin rule
10-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh yeah haven't got the pm but it is clear Me. T is scum.

We'll be able to make certain, once I hear from someone.

masterded
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
We'll be able to make certain, once I hear from someone.

If he isn't I will be shocked I mean I didn't even have to ask a question.

Tha Black Phenom
10-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Mother****ing mayhem out there.

So yes.. let's keep on going.

Vote: Mr T Jobs To Me

I never lasted this far in a mafia game.. ever. :p

masterded
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah mr t is non scum.

masterded
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah mr t is non scum.

I mnean non town. opps

Antithesis
10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Balls

0-1

I truly suck

Get them scum town

Hey you played well for a first game. And if the town wins you win. So keep your chin up kiddo

Actarus
10-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey you played well for a first game. And if the town wins you win. So keep your chin up kiddo

But...I got a townie killed. If I die, I die. But thanks to me the town is deprived of an investigator and a vote. These things don't leave me feeling good.

But I appreciate the kind words.

/ stops filibustering and REALLY floats away to Nanda Parbat

Balls

GO TOWN!

djthefunkchris
10-15-2008, 10:23 PM
note:

I Absolutely Love The Roleplaying You All Have Done In This Game. I Really Hate To See Anyone Actually Lose This Game!

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Shouldn't you guys lynch Arrows first on the outside possibility that he can recruit in the Joker's stead?

Wallbanger
10-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Shouldn't you guys lynch Arrows first on the outside possibility that he can recruit in the Joker's stead?

And let you take a free shot tonight? Not exactly the greatest of tradeoffs, eh?

I'll wait to see what others do first, but do keep trying. In hindsight yesterday was kind of entertaining. :D

Comradebot
10-15-2008, 11:01 PM
KIRK!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and ford went after Arrows, so I assume that's what killed him. Also, HAH! I PUT MR. FREEZE ON ICE!!!

Comradebot
10-15-2008, 11:13 PM

And who in the blue hell is left for Arrows to recruit?

You, maybe?

Anti-Thesis?

Not enough of a threat in my book to worry about, even if its possible.

vote: Mr T Jobs To Me

masterded
10-15-2008, 11:32 PM
KIRK!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and ford went after Arrows, so I assume that's what killed him. Also, HAH! I PUT MR. FREEZE ON ICE!!!

No Mr. T killed him I saw it. (At least I did in the write-up). I then got the he is scum pm.

Comradebot
10-15-2008, 11:47 PM
No Mr. T killed him I saw it. (At least I did in the write-up). I then got the he is scum pm.

Well I'll be damned.

So maybe Arrows was bluffing... or maybe he's in league with Mr. T somehow. Well, guess we'll find out a little more once we string up Mr. T.

Wallbanger
10-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Yeah, this seems good to me. If T has the kill that's the priority.

VOTE: Mr. T Jobs to Me

Wallbanger
10-15-2008, 11:51 PM
That's four of six and we still have Lost and IER to vote.

Comradebot
10-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah, this seems good to me. If T has the kill that's the priority.

VOTE: Mr. T Jobs to Me

That puts us at four, just need two more... ahh, how I've missed these quick day phases!

Comradebot
10-15-2008, 11:52 PM
That's four of six and we still have Lost and IER to vote.

I'm curious as to what Anti does. I see him down there... plotting.

Wallbanger
10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
He's contemplating the truth of pudding.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Just out of curiousity masterded, who are you? My roleclaim for the last several days was going to be: Crispus Allen, GCPD Aligned Major Crimes Unit. Then I started to feel like that was you.

Comradebot
10-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Just out of curiousity masterded, who are you? My roleclaim for the last several days was going to be: Crispus Allen, GCPD Aligned Major Crimes Unit. Then I started to feel like that was you.

He's Harvey Bullock I believe... so he still would've known you're lying.

Wallbanger
10-16-2008, 12:00 AM
It is an interesting quandary for Anti, though. He can't necessarily stop the lynch, though he could expedite it by voting. That being said, it is possible that shenanigans will come into play and Anti's vote may actually BE necessary. Voting could possibly gain sympathy for his indy claim, and not voting, especially if it would end up holding up a lynch would almost certainly disprove that claim.

If he acts, when he acts, and how he acts will tell us much about how close we really are to winning.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-16-2008, 12:04 AM
He's Harvey Bullock I believe... so he still would've known you're lying.

Therein lied part of the claim. The "Major Crimes" unit part would have meant I'd have been in deep cover, not part of the cop mason group. Still on the flimsy side, which is why I just kept quiet. If only sprinkle hadn't been a goofus and thrown up the white flag. I certainly wouldn't have won, but I tried to play my role and get the scum a win.

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 12:05 AM
It is an interesting quandary for Anti, though. He can't necessarily stop the lynch, though he could expedite it by voting. That being said, it is possible that shenanigans will come into play and Anti's vote may actually BE necessary. Voting could possibly gain sympathy for his indy claim, and not voting, especially if it would end up holding up a lynch would almost certainly disprove that claim.

If he acts, when he acts, and how he acts will tell us much about how close we really are to winning.

I don't think we have too much to worry about... we should still be able to get 7 of 10 people to vote, I believe. If there were any major shenanigans available, then I'd imagine we would've seen it yesterday when it really mattered.

Though I have to ask Mr T... why ford?

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-16-2008, 12:14 AM
I don't think we have too much to worry about... we should still be able to get 7 of 10 people to vote, I believe. If there were any major shenanigans available, then I'd imagine we would've seen it yesterday when it really mattered.

Though I have to ask Mr T... why ford?

I (correctly) guessed that ford was unlikely to be targeted by anyone else. Also, the ability was still a useful one. I didn't really buy that you were bulletproof either, but I could never kill someone who pushes T-Rex so awesomely.

Antithesis
10-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Therein lied part of the claim. The "Major Crimes" unit part would have meant I'd have been in deep cover, not part of the cop mason group. Still on the flimsy side, which is why I just kept quiet. If only sprinkle hadn't been a goofus and thrown up the white flag. I certainly wouldn't have won, but I tried to play my role and get the scum a win.

So you are saying you're not with Sprinkle?

Were you with Gonvick? He mentioned you and mastered as targets.. you guys trying to set something up?

I'm curious as to what Anti does. I see him down there... plotting.

Believe it or not, my interest in Politics is greater than my interest for Mafia (shocker I know). I've been watching the debate and catching some of the discussion about it afterwards on the cable news channels.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-16-2008, 12:28 AM
So you are saying you're not with Sprinkle?

Were you with Gonvick? He mentioned you and mastered as targets.. you guys trying to set something up?

Believe it or not, my interest in Politics is greater than my interest for Mafia (shocker I know). I've been watching the debate and catching some of the discussion about it afterwards on the cable news channels.

Nope, I've been all by myself for a while now. That's part of the reason I think Arrows and even you should be lynched before me, especially since the Penguin has killed before and with all possible recruits accounted for, will probably kill again tonight once I'm lynched.

In the end, it won't make a difference though. I can't see the town losing this one.

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 12:29 AM
I (correctly) guessed that ford was unlikely to be targeted by anyone else. Also, the ability was still a useful one. I didn't really buy that you were bulletproof either, but I could never kill someone who pushes T-Rex so awesomely.

But... I AM bulletproof, thats what perplexes me. It wasn't some magical lie... in fact, I think someone else tried offing me earlier in the game and failed.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-16-2008, 12:33 AM
But... I AM bulletproof, thats what perplexes me. It wasn't some magical lie... in fact, I think someone else tried offing me earlier in the game and failed.

So are Wallbanger and Lostrelms. While I find 3 bulletproof townies a bit much in a game of 48, 4 would be off the charts. So I basically crossed you 3 off the list. I effin deserved to win and survive, and of the rest I deduced ford to be my best shot.

The Rock 13
10-16-2008, 12:43 AM

I was rather tense catching up with the write up. Never been so nerve wracking watching or reading a mafia game.

Antithesis
10-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Nope, I've been all by myself for a while now. That's part of the reason I think Arrows and even you should be lynched before me, especially since the Penguin has killed before and with all possible recruits accounted for, will probably kill again tonight once I'm lynched.

In the end, it won't make a difference though. I can't see the town losing this one.

If you are doomed, why should I be lynched before you? I havent been recruited yet, and I still might be able to win with the town. If you're all by yourself you can't even claim someone forced you to stab Ford in the neck...

Vote: Mr.T Jobs To Me

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 12:47 AM
So are Wallbanger and Lostrelms. While I find 3 bulletproof townies a bit much in a game of 48, 4 would be off the charts. So I basically crossed you 3 off the list. I effin deserved to win and survive, and of the rest I deduced ford to be my best shot.

Interesting...

And I can't believe anyone remembers my awesome T-Rex pushing skills... damn shame I can't import that game over to 2008. I tried starting a USPW game in 08, but I couldn't really get into it again. I think part of me was sad to see the Demons retired, as in my 07 game Demon Spite was going strong into his 50s.

I signed T-Rex to SWF in a game with them and have been pushing pretty well, but he's already showing signs of aging... which is always disheartening. Oh well, I can still look forward to pushing Boris Kiriyakin to the moon in EWA. I'm on the verge of a television deal and Cult, and Boris already has a C- in popularity in Europe. He worked matches nonstop until he was good enough to stop getting booed by the fans (in EWA, a chimp with polio can have enough talent to avoid the fans turning on them). He's now recently formed the Soviet Union tag team with The Big Bad, and the two have been working as guns for hire to "send money back to their families in the Motherland, so they can afford bread and wood for fire to protect them from the merciless Russian winter." The storyline has worked to absolute perfection, more than I ever thought it would, and both Boris and The Big Bad are looking at being serious contenders in EWA, or as I lovingly call in "USPW West". I'd go into details... but... there's that off chance I might pick up my EWA diary again someday, as I love the storys I come up with there. Also, I think the world wants more of "The Alpha Norwegian" Bam Bam Johansson.

But I'll announce it now: Not only will I get EWA to Global someday, but I PROMISE to make Boris Kiriyakin an International Superstar, and massive bonus points if I can get him in the Hall of Immortals.

And anytime after that someones posts about how they pushed Bulldozer Brandon Smith or Mainstream Hernandez or any of the other super talented young people to the moon... I'll be like "Oh yeah? I found the biggest, most devoid of any talent, middle aged guy in the most obscure region of the game and made him a star. Suck it."

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 12:47 AM
And that should be six votes!

Wallbanger
10-16-2008, 12:52 AM
And that should be six votes!

And we did it without Lost or IER too. Interesting...

Antithesis
10-16-2008, 12:54 AM

Well I wasn't frozen this time, for one thing.

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 12:55 AM

Like we said, Antithesis has an interesting play here, no matter what.

Depending on how scummy he actually is. If this doesn't end the game, though, I think he's second in line after Arrows. Seems doubtful we can lose at this point, regardless.

Arrows
10-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Like we said, Antithesis has an interesting play here, no matter what.

Depending on how scummy he actually is. If this doesn't end the game, though, I think he's second in line after Arrows. Seems doubtful we can lose at this point, regardless.

Why do you people INSIST that I am scum? Seriously? Jeez.

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Why do you people INSIST that I am scum? Seriously? Jeez.

Well, if lynching Mr. T isn't game over, you can argue with Anti-thesis :-)

Arrows
10-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Well, if lynching Mr. T isn't game over, you can argue with Anti-thesis :-)

And if the scum is hiding somewhere in the rest of you?

Don't start getting too confident.

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 01:04 AM
And if the scum is hiding somewhere in the rest of you?

Don't start getting too confident.

Then at worst Wallbanger is lying about Alan Scott, which is a longshot from where I stand. My confidence is at a level right now I think Aristotle would consider to be virtuous.

If it makes you feel any better, I might consider killing Antithesis instead of you during the night should this not be game over.

But no guarantees. ;)

Antithesis
10-16-2008, 01:30 AM
Then at worst Wallbanger is lying about Alan Scott, which is a longshot from where I stand. My confidence is at a level right now I think Aristotle would consider to be virtuous.

If it makes you feel any better, I might consider killing Antithesis instead of you during the night should this not be game over.

But no guarantees. ;)

Well now I feel a lot better :rolleyes:

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Well now I feel a lot better :rolleyes:

If one of you can come up with a better target, I'm all ears. But tomorrow night I HAVE to target someone. Might as well try and win this thing.

Lostrelms
10-16-2008, 02:13 AM
FWIW...

Mr T killed ford...

but you already figured that out.

(i just got achance to get on, the fiance has been on playing EQ all night)

Anyway, just for good measure..

DIE KILLER!

Vote: Mr. Jobs to Me

Moe Hunter
10-16-2008, 03:34 AM
Balls

0-1

I truly suck

Get them scum town

No sir!

Actarus, I know other people have already said, but as another vet of this game here I have to say as well... You played ONE HELL of a game.

For your first rodeo, you did amazingly well at tackling scum during the day, and used your night power effectively for a long time, as well as keeping yourself alive and useful.

And by no means are you 0-1. The town looks like it'll definitely win this game, and even though you died, you win with the town.

Yes, you may have killed a townie technically. But you also killed scum at the exact same time. And it was more the other scum's fault that they died anyway.

Sometimes as a townie you end up killing other townies. In SWM2 d_w_w killed me (I was a protector keeping nZane alive, he was Yoda who earned a kamikaze). In DoTT, I killed 2 1/2 townies (the third one I shared with DJtheFunkChris) when my character went on a rampage.

So yeah, you did really well here Actarus, and I look forward to playing with you again in the future. I salute you, Fong Sai-Yuk!

djthefunkchris
10-16-2008, 05:55 AM
IT is now dayphase. You have untill 10PM Eastern Friday, 3am GMT Saturday, to lynch. With 10 people remaining, it is 6 to lynch.

Mr T Jobs To Me (6) > Tha Black Phenom, masterded, Comradebot, Wallbanger, The Rock 13, Antithesis

LYNCH HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!

djthefunkchris
10-16-2008, 05:58 AM
DAY PHASE 12

GOTHAM CITY MAFIA

Gothamites gathered again, this time from what seemed to be the bloodiest day in history.

"I didn't have to do any extensive investigation to know who did this one!"

"Yeah, I should be able to get a result here in a few myself!"

"You have to admit, this was a good one!"

"What!?! Are you seriously bragging about this?

"I'll say..."

"I never..."

"Hey, I didn't believe him anyways!"

"I don't understand it... We are like that at night?!"

"Yeah, but I'm sophisticated, and trained for hundreds of years!"

"Again...."

And so it didn't take much convincing, as the one that clearly made assassination an artform let the town know how great of an accomplishment this was.

To the lynching post, "RELEASE" and *Snap* went Mr T Jobs To Me's neck.

Mr T Jobs To Me is dead. He was: The Sensei, League Of Assassins Aligned Master Assassin

Epilogue:

Days later, as was the case with the rest of his family... His corpse would mysteriously dissapear. Where did they go? No one is sure, but some speculate to the far East, other's think possibly South was where they went. Everyone that knew them figures that, one way or another, they will likely be back.............................

after bathing.

Mr T Jobs To Me
10-16-2008, 06:22 AM
Only the 3rd time I've been lynched in my 14+ games of mafia. Boo town.

i effin rule
10-16-2008, 07:44 AM
lol nicely done while I was sleeping!

I was roleblocked by Arrows last night, I presume.

djthefunkchris
10-16-2008, 08:07 AM
IT IS NOW NIGHTPHASE, YOU HAVE UNTILL 10PM THURSDAY, 3AM GMT Friday, to get the PM's in.

If you guys need more time, I can give it another 24 hours, but seriously don't want to make everyone wait with only 9 people left.

Arrows
10-16-2008, 08:45 AM
lol nicely done while I was sleeping!

I was roleblocked by Arrows last night, I presume.

Wasn't me.

i effin rule
10-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Wasn't me.

You didn't invite me out for a drink?

Arrows
10-16-2008, 10:27 AM
You didn't invite me out for a drink?

Psst. Ey.

Where would you have been, had I not?

I saved your old wrinkly body from going kaboom.

Be thankful.

Arrows
10-16-2008, 05:30 PM
1. Wallbanger
5. The Rock 13
9. Comradebot
20. Tha Black Phenom
21. masterded

One of them is scum.

How long do you think it'll take you to figure it out once you kill me?

Comradebot
10-16-2008, 08:18 PM
1. Wallbanger
5. The Rock 13
9. Comradebot
20. Tha Black Phenom
21. masterded

One of them is scum.

How long do you think it'll take you to figure it out once you kill me?

Let's see:

1. Wallbanger- Plausibly scum
5. The Rock 13- Had two townie masons, one vouched for him
9. Comradebot- Had one townie mason
20. Tha Black Phenom- Also had a townie mason
21. masterded- only if this is pre-crisis Harvey Bullock, which given the rest of the game I highly doubt

To further clear my name and The Rock 13's, I don't recall any female characters being recruited at any point in time. Not that it matters too much, as looking at the list of those who have been recruited I doubt either of our characters would be recruitable. And, seeing as how I already pointed Wallbanger out as a person who could POTENTIALLY be lying, I guess I didn't even have to wait until you were dead to try and figure it out. Does that mean I beat the spread? Gonna give me a gold star, a cookie, or a good all-American thumbs up for a job well done?