PDA

View Full Version : A few things to look at

bill2169
05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
I have played a couple games for a few years and I always run into the same problems.

Promotion popularity rises far to fast in relation to fighter popularity. Basically at some point you will not have enough main eventers. Once you hit low level International you are pretty screwed.

I also realized that no matter how I space out events at some point I will have to take a hiatus from running shows for a few months for my champions and main eventers to become available.

The AI booking has also become a little wacky. When the game was originally released most of the time the CPU booked top guys againest one another, mid level guys againest one another, and low level guys againest one another. Now the AI is all over the place.

In a game I observed Alpha-1 stole every popular fighter from Gamma excluding a few.

Adam Ryland
05-05-2009, 08:51 AM
You need to say what patch you are using, otherwise I can't comment on whether this has already been addressed.

It would also help if you gave specifics - for example, you said that ALPHA-1 have raided GAMMA...but not what their sizes are. If ALPHA-1 are in a better position than GAMMA, there's nothing unusual about them aggressively taking the top talent.

bill2169
05-05-2009, 08:58 AM
You need to say what patch you are using, otherwise I can't comment on whether this has already been addressed.

It would also help if you gave specifics - for example, you said that ALPHA-1 have raided GAMMA...but not what their sizes are. If ALPHA-1 are in a better position than GAMMA, there's nothing unusual about them aggressively taking the top talent.

I am using the most recent patch. When Alpha-1 raided GAMMA they were both bouncing back and forth between High and Mid Level National.

Blackman
05-05-2009, 10:19 AM
We've been over this already in a discussion. :p Once you hit mid-international/low-international, it should actually be hard to reach the final stadium, being high-international. I must admit I don't like my PPV's being 'awful' right after I 'promoted' to low/mid-international. After a few ups and downs however, you're bound to stay international, but it takes time. Only bad note is the 'awful' shows, but that doesn't necessarily needs changing imo.

And I must add that I'm quite pissed off on the AI now. ALPHA-1 had a HUGE possible match-up. Fezzik was 39-0 and Katou was 34-0. The match actually never happening made me realise that there is no god... Either Fezzik was being a chicken and didn't want to face Katou, or either the AI never came up with the idea. Perhaps they were going for a 40-0 38-0 match-up, but that's just silly and way too risky. Fezzik has now been beaten by frikcin' Potter. :confused: Gone, awesome match up :mad:

Furthermore, Adam. I found out that, although some fighters are merely 'visiting' a certain camp, they might stick around for a whoppin' 10 years. Is this intentional or not? Why won't they change their status to long-term member then? In MMA, I consider 10 years to be pretty frickin' long-term. :) Not that this changes anything. I don't really care what their status is. But I would just make more sense to me. :)

curtains
05-05-2009, 04:45 PM
OP what you should probably do is just keep running events and let your popularity go back down. It won't kill you! :) Over time you'll have bad shows but in the long run it should slowly creep up.

Also Blackman, isn't Katou a LHW or did you move him to HW (a I did) ?