PDA

View Full Version : Separate Match Names

sprinklefurball
01-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Not a very catchy title, but basically, I would like to be able to set the name of the match as it shows up in the list of matches: 1v1 Hell In a Cell or 2v2 Cage (So they are easier to find) as well as the name of the match the way it shows up in match history: Hell in a Cell, or Cage.

If the match is named 1v1 Hell In A Cell Match or 2v2 Cage Match now, it will come out
Goldust beat Hornswoggle in a 1v1 Hell In A Cell Match
Techno Team 2000 drew Los Conquistadors in a 2v2 Cage Match

It would look nicer to see
Goldust beat Hornswoggle in a Hell In A Cell Match
Techno Team 2000 drew Los Conquistadors in a Cage Match

Derek B
01-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Not a very catchy title, but basically, I would like to be able to set the name of the match as it shows up in the list of matches: 1v1 Hell In a Cell or 2v2 Cage (So they are easier to find) as well as the name of the match the way it shows up in match history: Hell in a Cell, or Cage.

If the match is named 1v1 Hell In A Cell Match or 2v2 Cage Match now, it will come out
Goldust beat Hornswoggle in a 1v1 Hell In A Cell Match
Techno Team 2000 drew Los Conquistadors in a 2v2 Cage Match

It would look nicer to see
Goldust beat Hornswoggle in a Hell In A Cell Match
Techno Team 2000 drew Los Conquistadors in a Cage Match

The game can only read what is put in the match file... if you want your matches to show up like that, you'll have to rename the matches themselves. :)

oleolekid
01-28-2010, 05:00 AM
Also to see in results the type of matches that have been held you need to set the matches to have name value, once you do that it will read, Goldust Beat Hornswoggle in a Hell In A Cell Match.

sprinklefurball
01-28-2010, 10:52 AM
The reason I'm putting this in the suggestions forum is because it would make the game easier to pick the match types, basically my suggestion is supposed to be like the angle autoname feature, but for some reason it isn't translating well to paper.

It's annoying to have to have to filter to make sure I picked the singles/tag version of the match (if they are named without 1vs1/2vs2) and it's annoying to make sure that it shows up right when the name value is ticked (if they are named with 1vs1/2vs2).

So basically another way to do it would be to sort matches by match competitors (ie. 1vs1 or 2vs1, 2vs2 or battle royal) and then by match name.

Adam Ryland
01-28-2010, 11:00 AM
It's a good idea, but it can't be added without altering the files so I can't patch it in.

The best I can do is have the game automatically try and calculate the "shortened" name, but that would only really work if the match names are done following the conventions used in the default data.

justtxyank
01-28-2010, 11:25 AM
It's a good idea, but it can't be added without altering the files so I can't patch it in.

The best I can do is have the game automatically try and calculate the "shortened" name, but that would only really work if the match names are done following the conventions used in the default data.

That would be awesome though if you could do that. If the game would automatically calculate that 1 vs 1 Hell in a Cell should read "Hell in a Cell" in match history, that would rock. That's something that's always bugged me personally. Then it would just be up to modders to make sure they did what they were supposed to do with match files.

Adam Ryland
01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
It's in the next patch.

wrestlingfan#1
01-28-2010, 12:36 PM
It's in the next patch.

Pure awesomeness. This is why I'm a fan of your games!

EDIT: Almost forgot. Have you ever considered a How To book for companies like THQ?

gazwefc83
01-28-2010, 01:09 PM
can some one explain how this will effect current mods or what will need changing once the patch is released please, if its just done as adam said by having it calculate the "shortened" name then thats great

justtxyank
01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
can some one explain how this will effect current mods or what will need changing once the patch is released please, if its just done as adam said by having it calculate the "shortened" name then thats great

If it's the way it sounds in this thread, the game is going to calculate the name of the match based on what follows the match type. So if you do 1 vs Death Match it will calculate it as Death Match. The problem that could arise is in mods where the match types are listed as like Tag Team Death Match or something like that.

sprinklefurball
01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Adam, you're phenomenal.