PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer WMMA

Lucien Sanchez
03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I was just wondering what the possibility is of the hotseat multiplayer option appearing in WMMA 3 or another sequel? Apart from the fact that both me and my brother are into the sport and the game and would play together, I think the main positive of this would be the ability to book two promotions at once.

I think a lot of single players would like the option to control say GAMMA and XCC as a feeder company, or UFC and WEC/ Strikeforce & DREAM in the real world.

Is this a mammoth thing to code? Or something that could be done? I'm not massive on the TEW series as I'm not that much into wrestling, but don't they have this in?

Adam Ryland
03-01-2010, 12:30 PM
The reason for its absence is mainly because of the inherent issues with advance booking; whichever player went first would have an obvious and unfair advantage as he could lock up any shared talent simply by putting them in a match.

The only real way around that would be to treat match making in the same way as contract negotiations and have each player submit a potential match and have the fighter give an answer a few days later....while a realistic feature, I think it'd make match making a lot more time-consuming and boring, which is something I'm keen to avoid.

It's easier to have it in TEW due to the way the booking system is structured, with workers deciding where they'll work on the night of the show - something that cannot be replicated in MMA for obvious reasons.

It's definitely something I'd look into for a WMMA sequel though.

Lucien Sanchez
03-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Good stuff, very glad to hear it's something that could make an appearance. The only thought I'd given to it would be possibly to have a feature where the booker can only make 'x' many matches a day (possibly a variable decided in the options screen). But that also has similar problems with it, not to mention I have no idea whether it's feasible, so I'll leave it to you.