Grey Dog Software

Grey Dog Software (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/index.php)
-   World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 General Discussions (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   What's Going on in YOUR Game? (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528898)

Tag01 12-02-2014 07:05 PM

What's Going on in YOUR Game?

My turn to start one of these. :)

So what's happening in your current save? Anderson Silva just got done knocking out Nick Diaz on this end. Also Dominick Cruz tooled T.J. Dillashaw to get his belt back.

Rebby 12-02-2014 07:10 PM

I'm about to play my first normal game. I played a sim one and a reality TV show. In the reality TV one, the final four (which is as far as you can go in the trial was Ken Peters, Kendall Tracey, Lawrence Herringbone and Marlon John. I had 7 unknowns, but none of them made it to the semi-finals.

Teh_Showtime 12-02-2014 07:13 PM

Trying to jumpstart a Featherweight division in GAMMA and will use the reality shows to do so...but not before 2 guys I planned on being major players agreed to take fights before signing with me.

The worst part is Lamont Banner is about to fight a local guy

Rebby 12-02-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Showtime (Post 2026519)
Trying to jumpstart a Featherweight division in GAMMA and will use the reality shows to do so...but not before 2 guys I planned on being major players agreed to take fights before signing with me.

The worst part is Lamont Banner is about to fight a local guy

Yea, I'm definitely had that issue too. I'm glad that people are staying busy when they aren't signed to a big promotion, but if I choose to sign a fighter then he should get out of that local fight.

pdandy 12-02-2014 07:28 PM

One big difference I'm seeing is GAMMA is putting together 9-10 fight prelims which is way way different than the 2-4 they managed in WMMA3.

Rebby 12-02-2014 07:56 PM

My first foray into the world of reality television...

jsilv0 12-02-2014 09:48 PM

You guys that have done reality shows, how long did it take to advance to the next day for the day of the first show? I've tried twice now and it takes a long time and never loads, wondering if it's freezing or if it just takes a while

aXminster 12-02-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsilv0 (Post 2026578)
You guys that have done reality shows, how long did it take to advance to the next day for the day of the first show? I've tried twice now and it takes a long time and never loads, wondering if it's freezing or if it just takes a while

Same here.

mattcasper 12-03-2014 01:22 AM

i cant seem to run a reality show without it crashing either

Rebby 12-03-2014 01:52 AM

It'll be fixed in the first patch, but a temporary fix is to shorten the name of the reality show (for me, I went with GAMMA COTT).

completesky 12-03-2014 03:12 AM

Created a custom database using the fighter/company populate tools.

Let's see how this goes...

jsilv0 12-06-2014 02:07 PM

Big time mark out moment. I just had Moss Gilbert knockout Nicholas Bretton with a punch that also broke his hand

Judoku1819 12-06-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by completesky (Post 2026679)
Created a custom database using the fighter/company populate tools.

Let's see how this goes...

Would love to do this but hate that there isn't pictures ):

ThriceP86 12-06-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsilv0 (Post 2028144)
Big time mark out moment. I just had Moss Gilbert knockout Nicholas Bretton with a punch that also broke his hand

In the words of Jason Voorhees from South Park: That's super hardcore!

I had an upset in my first main event on my first show as Rav Kapur beat James Foster for the heavyweight title with a KO punch in the fourth round. Foster only got him on the ground one time and almost got the win with ground strikes. The round ended before Foster could put him away and I think it was the 3rd round before the KO too. It was fight of the night and KO of the night, obviously. :D

Oyaji 12-06-2014 06:12 PM

Is anybody else finding it too easy to sign big stars from other companies? In the matter of two days I signed both Carlos de Guia and Tadamasa Yamada as GAMMA with ALPHA-1 not putting up much of a fight even though they have nearly 5 times as much money as me. Does company heat have anything to do with those decisions or are they purely financial?

Anyway, I'm having a good time as GAMMA. Created a new featherweight division, signed the top ranked fighters in the division and put them in a reality show (except Li-Kong Ho, who rejected the idea due to his name already being established). Philip Ziskie is getting hugely over due to his entertainment ability. My best fight so far has been Maarten de Vries upsetting Sutton Ripley by UD - it was rated fantastic as so many of de Vries' fights have been in past games. Pretty cool how he also decided to get scar tissue removed during his recovery time.

Overall, really awesome game much like WMMA 3. Little concerned with how easy it was to sign 2 of the competition's best fighters away. However, I LOVE how Adam has given us some ability to check for skill distribution in the editor. We can now see rankings of each skill and how they're spread out (9 characters having heart in between 90 and 100%, 21 having heart in between 80 and 89%, etc.). Great feature and I hope this makes it into the next TEW.