Grey Dog Software

Grey Dog Software (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/index.php)
-   World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   WMMA5 Small Questions Thread (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539964)

Adam Ryland 01-22-2018 10:37 AM

WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

As it worked pretty well for the TEW forum, we're going to again have a dedicated thread specifically for people to ask questions regarding the game.

kemicode 01-22-2018 10:46 AM

Very small question. What does reputation do?

Adam Ryland 01-22-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemicode (Post 2270255)
Very small question. What does reputation do?

User reputation? I think there's a "?" button next to it that explains it, but basically it's used for your job prospects; a big company isn't going to hire someone who has a low level. Plus you need a high level to form your own company.

kemicode 01-22-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ryland (Post 2270258)
User reputation? I think there's a "?" button next to it that explains it, but basically it's used for your job prospects; a big company isn't going to hire someone who has a low level. Plus you need a high level to form your own company.

Sorry, I meant fighter rep. The one you're able to sort in the matchmaking screen. Love the revamped layout. I absolutely love the assistant although the fresh matches tab causes a huge delay since naturally, there are lot of fresh matches. This is an auto-buy for me. Too bad it's 1 AM here and I have to go to work tomorrow. Will have to tinker some other time.

El_Gabe 01-22-2018 10:54 AM

I seen “hype” on a screenshot wonder what’s that’s about very interesting

shawn michaels 01-22-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Gabe (Post 2270262)
I seen “hype” on a screenshot wonder what’s that’s about very interesting

Basically you can choose to hype a fighter to make him a big deal.

Adam Ryland 01-22-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemicode (Post 2270261)
Sorry, I meant fighter rep. The one you're able to sort in the matchmaking screen. Love the revamped layout. I absolutely love the assistant although the fresh matches tab causes a huge delay since naturally, there are lot of fresh matches. This is an auto-buy for me. Too bad it's 1 AM here and I have to go to work tomorrow. Will have to tinker some other time.

Ah, OK - if you go to the Handbook (link in the taskbar at the top), there's a huge and very detailed section on it. That's the best place to go as it has examples and exact figures.

ripwalk 01-22-2018 12:28 PM

Not that it's time to think about future releases on the day a new WMMA comes out ...

But "WMMA 5: One Last Round" as a title sounds kind of ominous... The series will be concluded with version 5?

Nephrinn 01-22-2018 12:38 PM

Maybe I'm being dense, but where's the player handbook at? Is it the question mark in the top right corner that details all the systems in the game? Is there another screen that shows all the new additions in WMMA5?

Adam Ryland 01-22-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripwalk (Post 2270322)
Not that it's time to think about future releases on the day a new WMMA comes out ...

But "WMMA 5: One Last Round" as a title sounds kind of ominous... The series will be concluded with version 5?

It's likely to be the last in the series, yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephrinn (Post 2270331)
Maybe I'm being dense, but where's the player handbook at? Is it the question mark in the top right corner that details all the systems in the game? Is there another screen that shows all the new additions in WMMA5?

The Handbook is the question mark in the top right corner. The new additions are available via the splash page at the very start of the game, there's a link in the bottom left corner.

Oyaji 01-22-2018 12:40 PM

Thank you Adam and company for releasing a new version of one of my favourite games!

*EDIT* sorry, I didn't see the post asking the question about whether or not this would be the last one. Makes me sad.

kowensjr1984 01-22-2018 12:42 PM

Can someone plz just link me to the thread that shows us mac users how to run this game. Ill ive been getting is nerd humor and sarcasm

Rebby 01-22-2018 12:44 PM

Why is this the last in the series? :( I feel like that's a large bomb to drop in the midst of this release.

aya_ 01-22-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowensjr1984 (Post 2270339)
Can someone plz just link me to the thread that shows us mac users how to run this game. Ill ive been getting is nerd humor and sarcasm

you need to install and run https://www.winehq.org/, i assume

Adam Ryland 01-22-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowensjr1984 (Post 2270339)

There's a link in the first page of the "World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 trial released!" thread.