Grey Dog Software

Grey Dog Software (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/index.php)
-   Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   The Climb [RMW, CVerse] (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542231)

Historian 11-26-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Bison (Post 2319094)
This is awesome man. Love the updates on the guys that left

Semi Main Event
Six Man Tag
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
Masked Patriot and The Celestial Bodies versus The Gods of Thunder and Avalanche w/ Lisa Bowen
Bowen’s monsters have it. Btw I really enjoy the old school manager having a stable of monsters thing here

Special Attraction
Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship
The Griffins versus The Hazard Gang [“Outlaw” Wes Revell and “Cowboy” Buck Winchester] w/ Duke Hazard
The Hazard Gang has been on a roll don’t see it stopping yet

I'm glad. I'm going to try to do updates on them twice a year to see how they're developing. I'm glad to see Jakob is finally getting used -- his first couple of months in RIPW he didn't show up on a single show, but this year he's been getting some work and moving up the card. It makes me sad that they only have Hellion as a Lower Midcarder. He was a main eventer for me!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the old school manager thing. To me, you can't have a proper territory without having a manager with a stable. It also gives me the ability to rotate guys out if they get signed but still keep some heat on the angle because of the manager being the same.

I also love managers and usually have an abundance of them (this is the first time I've limited myself and only have two, I'm proud of myself!)

Leion 11-26-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Historian (Post 2319087)
I included that just for you, so I'm glad you enjoyed that part. Hopefully some of them will get released *cough* Jakob *cough* so they can return to me!

Appreciate it man! It makes the world feel more alive. I want to see that return as well, that would be awesome. But it is fun to see them go up the card in bigger promotions.

Theheel 11-26-2018 04:16 PM

Main Event
Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Primus Allen w/ Lisa Bowen versus “The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus ©

Riley has had a great run, but Primus is the real deal

Semi Main Event
Six Man Tag
Masked Patriot and The Celestial Bodies versus The Gods of Thunder and Avalanche w/ Lisa Bowen
Patriot now has an opening with my title change prediction. The Av does the honors

Special Attraction
The Griffins versus The Hazard Gang [“Outlaw” Wes Revell and “Cowboy” Buck Winchester] w/ Duke Hazard

I’m kind of liking the Hazard Gang, since they tend to my heel tendencies so I’m calling for them to win this match

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Hillbilly Hammer” Clyde Puder versus Scythe
Lots of potential, but he needs some time to build up both in skill and mo, but it starts here

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Elliot Thomas versus Syd Collier
Elliot hasn’t impressed in his opportunities, so while he can’t be George South, he could be similar to the looooong time Alabama Jr Heavyweight Champion Mike Jackson

Historian 11-26-2018 06:33 PM

RMW Presents: Independence

Independence
Saturday, Week 4, July, 2017
Live at the Oxford Arena, 7:30 PM bell time

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
vs.
Elliot Thomas versus Syd Collier

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Syd Collier defeated Elliot Thomas in 7:58 by pinfall. D-.

Marshall Dillon comes to the ring and challenges Running Wolf to a match. C.

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
vs.
“The Hillbilly Hammer” Clyde Puder versus Scythe

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Scythe defeated Clyde Puder in 6:07 by pinfall with an Underworld Spike. E+.

Special Attraction

vs. w/

In a decent match, The Griffins defeated Outlaw Wes Revell and Buck Winchester in 13:44 when Mark Griffin defeated Outlaw Wes Revell by pinfall with a Swinging Side Slam after a distraction from Ace Youngblood. The Griffins win the Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship titles. D.

Semi Main Event
Six Man Tag
vs. w/

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Avalanche and The Gods Of Thunder defeated Masked Patriot and The Celestial Bodies in 16:54 when Atlas defeated Angel Of Mercy by pinfall with a Kronus Bomb. C-

Primus Allen had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Riley McManus. D-

Main Event

Sixty Minute Time Limit
w/ vs.
Primus Allen w/ Lisa Bowen versus “The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus ©

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Primus Allen defeated Riley McManus in 22:27 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. Primus Allen wins the Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship title. D+

Overall: Production values worsen the reception of the show. This show increased our popularity in one region. D.

Historian 11-26-2018 08:09 PM

I was standing for the main event. This was the culmination of months of planning. Months of booking and strategizing. In October of last year, I put the strap on Riley McManus to set him up as our guy. I wasn’t sure who we would have for the long term and he had earned it over the first nine months of working for me. I rewarded him in the tenth. He had defended the title seven times since then. He had been a good, no a great, champion for a company of our size. He was dependable. He worked hard. He had a good attitude. He wanted the company to do well. He had no ego about him at all. He brought consistency to the Championship. Tonight he was dropping it to the newly arrived Primus Allen.

Primus Allen was a booker’s wet dream. A legitimate athlete with a pedigree you could point to. He was good looking. He was in great shape. He was physically imposing. He could cut a promo. He could take bumps. He could work. I couldn’t believe Eisen had let a man like him slip through his fingers. Allen could have been, and by all rights should be, the next biggest star in wrestling. I don’t imagine he will be here long. TCW or USPW or NOTBW or SOTBW or someone will come calling for a man of his abilities. For now, he was here.

I watched as they did battle. Allen had the heat, McManus made the come back. The crowd was responding. They weren’t as hot as I would have liked them to be for this, but it was Allen’s first match. He lifted McManus onto his shoulders. He took off across the room and lept into the air before driving McManus into the mat. It was a devastating-looking running powerslam. Riley laid motionless as Alvin counted the one, two, three. Allen raised the Heavyweight Championship up high. Bowen patted him on the back. She pointed to him like he was the new top dog -- and for now he was.

McManus did not move -- he was not supposed to move. He was selling the powerslam. He was giving Allen his moment in the sun. The conquering villian who overwhelmed the hero. Allen made his march to the back and walked past me. I patted him on the shoulder. I was proud of him, but I wanted Riley. He rolled out of the ring and began to stagger back. The crowd stood for him. They applauded. He was their guy after all. He had not been made in another company. He had never appeared on national television.

Sure, Running Wolf sold the most merchandise -- but for several years he had appeared on national television for USPW. Dillon had been on SWF’s show for a couple of years. Patriot, Allen, Avalanche, Atlas, Titan -- they had all done time in companies with national television. Riley had not. He had sweated it out in high school gyms and the small circuit. He became champion out of an appreciation for his hard work. He had been here. He hadn’t left. No one was beating down his door for a contract, despite his skill. He was their guy. They loved him here at the Oxford Arena. Tonight he lost, but they cheered him on his way back.

He pushed back the curtain and I stood in his way. The rest of the boys behind me. I opened my arms and he came closer and we hugged. I said nothing. He said nothing. We didn’t need to. This was a hug of appreciation. A hug of recognition. A hug that was trying to say all the things that words would make cheap.
I started Rocky Mountain Wrestling for guys like Riley. The underappreciated. The undervalued. Sure, in the nineteen shows we had run since inception we had grown to be something more. A haven for cast-off talents and blue chip prospects. A place where young talent who was let go could start over. A developmental territory for the whole industry and not just a company -- but we would always be a place for guys like Riley. The hardworking, good-spirited warriors who just wanted a place to ply their craft.

I couldn’t say that to Riley, but I could hug him. I did not have the words to say how much I appreciated his effort over the last nineteen months. How he had solidified himself, in my mind, of being our top guy. Whether or not he sold the merchandise, Riley had a job with me for as long as he wanted it. Riley was Mr. Rocky Mountain Wrestling.

I whispered to him. “Thank you.” And released him. He didn’t respond. He just nodded. He knew. I knew. And tonight… Tonight that was all that mattered.

Leion 11-26-2018 08:27 PM

Man that was bitter sweet, seeing Riley lose the belt is very sad. But Allen as champion is promising. Hope he doesn't get signed right under your feet before you can build up his reign.

King Bison 11-26-2018 09:02 PM

Even though I predicted it, it still cut deep to see Riley drop the belt here. I hope this leads to a rewarding title hunt for him while he seeks redemption. Another great show Historian. Keep them coming

moafnsteel 11-27-2018 11:10 AM

Man what an awesome two shows. Sorry I didn't predict I have had family in all week. Your dynasty continues to be my favorite, makes me know that I really need to step up my game lol. Cannot wait to see what you have coming next. Great job!

Historian 11-27-2018 11:54 AM

I sat at my desk and stared up the ceiling. Roger and Philipee had officially reported to Providence and New York respectfully. It was always sad to see talent go, but Roger was in the middle of the Tribe-Hazard Gang angle. It was going to force me to figure out who to plug in to the planned six-man tag match in September, or how to change that match to wrap the angle up.

In addition, SWF was coming after five more talents. August was going to be a difficult month for us from that aspect. I was talking with the talent to ask them to hold off on reporting until after Gold Rush so I could finish them up.

Elliot Thomas told me in no uncertain terms that he was signing on the dotted line and reporting as soon as he could. Robin the same. Syd, Cameron, and Eric all told me that they would be staying through Gold Rush and would be finishing up. I was sad to see all of them go. Seven guys from the full time roster gone in essentially a month span. That was not going to be easy to recover from, but we could do it. More guys were ready to come up from the school -- so they could fill out the undercard just fine. I would be watching tapes and making calls to see if there was anyone else I needed or wanted to bring in.

I took a drink of Sprite to settle my stomach. The loss of Eric was going to be especially difficult. He had been planned for a title run -- and a tag title run with Riley. With his loss, I was going to have to do something else. I didn’t mind changing though, it just meant I was going to really have to get creative.

That’s what we I signed up for though.

Quote:

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: Gold Rush II
Saturday, Week 4, August, 2018
Live from the Oxford Arena. Special Start time of 7:00 PM.
Meet and Greet with Colorado Blizzard Cheerleaders at 6:00 PM!

Main Event
Gold Rush Finals
Sixty Minute Time Limit
? versus ?

Semi Main Event
Four Team Dance
The Aces of Mayhem versus Barnaby & Rudge versus The Dynamite Express versus The Griffins ©

Gold Rush Tournament
Twenty-Five Minute Time Limit
Block B
? versus ?

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
? versus ?

Special Attraction
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Logan Diaz and Sonny Wildside versus The Devil’s Rejects (Keith Holly and Brett Dewes)

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Star Master versus Atlas w/ Lisa Bowen

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Masked Patriot versus “Intrepid” Ian Identity

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Power” Jesse Christian versus Titan w/ Lisa Bowen

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Avalanche w/ Lisa Bowen

Opening Match
Six Way Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Ade Nelson vs. Clyde Puder vs. Franklin Rush vs. Johnny Anderson vs. The Acolyte vs. Wesley Browning

smw88 11-27-2018 12:34 PM

Gold Rush Finals
Sixty Minute Time Limit
? versus ?
Masked patriot over avalanche

Semi Main Event
Four Team Dance
The Aces of Mayhem versus Barnaby & Rudge versus The Dynamite Express versus The Griffins ©

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
? versus ?
Masked patriot over atlas

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
? versus ?
Avalanche over titan

Special Attraction
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Logan Diaz and Sonny Wildside versus The Devil’s Rejects (Keith Holly and Brett Dewes)

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Six Way Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Ade Nelson vs. Clyde Puder vs. Franklin Rush vs. Johnny Anderson vs. The Acolyte vs. Wesley Browning

foolinc 11-27-2018 01:12 PM

All this roster turnover makes me make to give the C-Verse another spin. It's one thing that I think the T-Verse doesn't have enough of. With Adam taking NEO squarely into a more puro/sports mindset, I might need to go back to RPW. :p

Main Event
Gold Rush Finals
Sixty Minute Time Limit
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Atlas

Semi Main Event
Four Team Dance

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Masked Patriot versus Atlas

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Titan

Special Attraction
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit
“The Power” Jesse Christian versus Titanw/ Lisa Bowen

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Six Way Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit

King Bison 11-27-2018 10:01 PM

Idk how I missed this get updated but the gold rush tournament looks promising! Sorry to see you lose more workers but excited to see who comes through next!

Main Event
Gold Rush Finals
Sixty Minute Time Limit
McManus versus Atlas

Semi Main Event
Four Team Dance

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Masked Patriot versus Atlas

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
McManusversus Titan

Special Attraction
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Six Way Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Theheel 11-28-2018 12:03 AM

Tough losing so much talent like this. 7 guys in a month is a huge roster turnover, but chin up Mr Oxford, you have more youngsters on the way and there have to be more future endeavors with all this acquisition by the big boys

Main Event
Gold Rush Finals
Sixty Minute Time Limit
McManus vs Atlas

Semi Main Event
Four Team Dance

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Masked Patriot vs Atlas

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
McManus vs Titan

Special Attraction
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit
The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Avalanche w/ Lisa Bowen

Opening Match
Six Way Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Leion 11-28-2018 04:24 AM

I will ride Riley's hype train very hard. I hope he gets more recognition, and be one of the greatest members of your company's history. Him winning the gold rush will place another feather on his cap. I just hope he stays long enough for you to sign him to a written deal when you are big enough.

Main Event
Gold Rush Finals
Sixty Minute Time Limit
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Atlas w/ Lisa Bowen

Semi Main Event
Four Team Dance

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Masked Patriot versus Atlas w/ Lisa Bowen

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
“The Georgia Bulldog” Riley McManus versus Titan w/ Lisa Bowen

Special Attraction
Tag Team Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block B
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Gold Rush Tournament
Block A
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Six Way Scramble
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Historian 11-28-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theheel (Post 2319488)
Tough losing so much talent like this. 7 guys in a month is a huge roster turnover, but chin up Mr Oxford, you have more youngsters on the way and there have to be more future endeavors with all this acquisition by the big boys

I actually really enjoy losing talent. It's part of why I play so much as smaller promotions because I like the challenge of dealing with guys getting signed out from under me and having to figure it out. It makes the game so much more dynamic and interesting (for me) when you're planning on pushing someone or running a storyline and then someone gets signed. For instance, The Dynamite Express were going to end up as tag team champions by the end of this year in the game [I am unashamed of my love for the DE], but because they got signed to SWF/RIPW -- now I have to change it up! Exciting for me, plus it forces me to learn new workers and try new combinations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leion
I will ride Riley's hype train very hard. I hope he gets more recognition, and be one of the greatest members of your company's history. Him winning the gold rush will place another feather on his cap. I just hope he stays long enough for you to sign him to a written deal when you are big enough.

I'm glad that you are enjoying Riley's rise in a diary as much as I am! Riley has, in the past, always been one of those guys I sign at the beginning of a campaign and then ends up flaming out or stalling as just a midcarder. This diary has been the first time that he's ever been heavily utilized by me, and I'm loving how he has performed. He started the diary as a Main Eventer because of our local size, and thankfully as continued because of his strong booking. He has the best momentum in the company and his gimmick rating is (I don't have it right in front of me right now, I'm on my work computer), legendary, I believe, because he has really pushed himself with his 'Old School Face' persona.

I hope he doesn't leave me either. I was telling my good friend King Bison that I look at Riley as Mr. RMW right now. I want him to stay with me for the long haul!