Grey Dog Software

Grey Dog Software (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/index.php)
-   World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2/3 Tech Support (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Wrong Event Name in a Past Event.. (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539237)

mikeyg052688 09-11-2017 04:18 AM

Wrong Event Name in a Past Event..

Regarding WMMA 3

If I named an event improperly in a past event and I already saved, is there any way to change it or is it permanent?

The only idea I had was to do a system restore to sometime before I made the mistake (which wasn't long ago) but if there's an easier way that'd be great.

Adam Ryland 09-11-2017 04:29 AM

Restoring to a previous save point is the only way. Past events cannot be edited.

mikeyg052688 09-12-2017 02:35 AM

Restoring to a previous save point? I'm not aware of save points in the game, I would save it and you couldn't go back. Unless I system restore.

Adam Ryland 09-12-2017 02:47 AM

Each save game has a Backup folder that is saved once a week. You can restore to the previous save points by applying it. You do this by copying all the files in the Backup folder, going "up one level" to the main save game folder, and then pasting over the top of the existing save game, replacing all.

mikeyg052688 09-12-2017 07:12 AM

Forgive me, I'm not the best with computers.

Can I get a more in depth step by step explanation of what to do? I think I got to the backup in the specific saved game, but everything you said after that I do not understand.

mikeyg052688 09-12-2017 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 6641

I tried to send an attachment of a screenshot, don't think it's working...

Wanted to ask if all those files, named 029.mm3 and so on, are those all different save points? This is confusing.

Adam Ryland 09-12-2017 11:00 AM

1 - Navigate to the save game's Backup folder, i.e. Program Files -> GDS -> WMMA3 -> Databases -> DatabaseName -> SaveGames -> SaveGameName -> Backup

2 - Copy all the files in that folder

3 - Move "back up one level", i.e. Program Files -> GDS -> WMMA3 -> Databases -> DatabaseName -> SaveGames -> SaveGameName

4 - Paste the files you copied in step 2 into this folder, replacing everything in the folder

WMMA3 must be closed when doing these steps.

mikeyg052688 09-12-2017 04:02 PM

I'm curious how this gets me to the spot I want to get to in my saved game? I only messed up 2 weeks ago (in the game) so I'm not sure what replacing all these files will do..Do I get to choose which save point I get to go to? This still isn't clear what this step will do..

Adam Ryland 09-13-2017 04:01 AM

If you did it 2 weeks ago then there's no point in doing any of this, as this method only takes you back 1 week at most. You would just have to live with the incorrect name.

Your original post made it sound like you had literally just made the mistake and saved, which this method would have helped you with, which is why I was suggesting it.