View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2017, 04:24 PM
All Star

Default October 2001: Halloween Havoc Wrap-up

My only concern the moment the show ended was the status of Bryan Clark after he hit his head hard on the floor on a double suplex spot. When I was initially told he'd suffered a fractured skull I feared it might be a possible career-ender, but evidently this injury wasn't nearly as bad as it might sound. My medical staff is confident he'll be 100% healthy and ready to wrestle in time for our Calgary Stampede PPV next month, which is much better news than any of us could have hoped for.

I wouldn't have thought anybody this side of that egomaniac Hogan would have any issue putting Sting over, but I was wrong. It took structuring the match to make him look strong to get Booker T to agree to lose to the guy who practically built WCW. Not a great look for Book.

I had plenty of praise for Rey Misterio Jr. and Kanyon for topping their previous performance in the semi main, and led a round of applause for DDP after what he put his 45-year old body through inside the cage with Steiner.

I've seen some praise online for the current angle with Candido, and RVD's also high on Candido. (Maybe that's a poor choice of words.) He put him over to the boys as a future main eventer in the company.

Jamie Knoble continues to impress his fellow workers. Hugh Morrus gave him a back slap as he came back through the curtain after his opener with Mike Awesome, and he told him he was turning into one hell of a worker. I agree. It's just up to me to figure out what we can do to take him to the next level as a character and elevate him up the card.

Mike Sanders is unhappy with the way I've booked him. That's understandable since he got quite a bit of TV time towards the end of the Turner era and now rarely appears at all, and is a glorified job guy when he does. I just don't see anything notable about him. He's not even above average (heh) on the microphone, and that's his best attribute.

Hall of Champions:

World Heavyweight Champion:

"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner (2nd reign)

Won: July 15th, 2001 from Booker T at Bash at the Beach in Miami, Florida

Previous Champions (since March 2001):
Booker T: March 26th, 2001-July 15th, 2001

United States Heavyweight Champion:

Rey Misterio Jr. (2nd reign)

Won: October 14th, 2001 from Kanyon at Halloween Havoc in Binghamton, New York

Kanyon: August 5th, 2001-October 14th, 2001
Rey Misterio Jr: May 13th, 2001-August 5th, 2001
Booker T: March 18th, 2001-April 30th, 2001

Cruiserweight Champion:

Jushin Thunder Liger

Won: August 5th, 2001 from Shane Helms in a triple threat match also involving Billy Kidman at WCW vs. The World in Tokyo, Japan

Shane Helms: March 18th, 2001-August 5th, 2001

World Tag Team Champions:

The Natural Born Thrillers (Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire) (4th reign for Palumbo, 3rd for O'Haire, 1st as a team)

Won: January 14th, 2001 from Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page at Sin in Indianapolis, Indiana

None

I'm sure I'm not the only one excited to see more Observing Wrestling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy0wns View Post
I actually kind of liked the way you explained Scott Steiner's speeding, I remember hearing an interview with (i don't remember who) talking about how INSANE Scott is behind the wheel. Wish I remember who said that interview
I think you may be talking about a shoot interview Petey Williams did. It's included in one of the hilarious Steiner compilations online. "I'm gonna go down this one-way road!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgcs View Post
United States Heavyweight Championship: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Kanyon {}
Just a feeling
A good feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
I turn my back for a second and three whole months pass - crikey! I'll preface my predictions by saying I'm still in August so I'm bound to be wrong! I can't believe I've missed the whole UFS as well!
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Quote:
World Tag Team Championship: Doomsday vs. Natural Born Thrillers {}

You can polish a turd and rename said turd to whatever you like, but a turd is a turd.
You leave Adam Bomb and Crush alone!

Quote:
Cruiserweight Championship: "Sugar" Shane Helms vs. Jushin Thunder Liger {}

You've had your fun Liger now move aside because there's a Hurricane coming through!
Like most weather forecasts, this was totally off the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhabeeb View Post
As much as I'm eagerly awaiting Halloween Havoc, I am doing everything i possibly can to read TGA... and beyond. I dissapeared from this board about three months into you writing it so it is absolutely amazing to read. On that topic there was a guy, mistaken i think, who was turning diary's into pdfs with all the comments from readers removed. Any body know what happened to that? I used to have Nevermore's ECW diary but i cant find it and I've never read it, Id also like to revist TFC's ROH diary or Keefmoon's diarys or Oldschool's great diary and having a file with comments removed which i could take with me on the go would be great
mistaken's thread is still pinned in the 2013 diary section, but I have no idea if the pdf links still work or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMarc9-8 View Post
Winner receives the UFS World Championship prize: Sting vs. Booker T
Starrcade 2001 is sold in that moment
Or maybe Calgary Stampede?

Quote:
Dustin Rhodes vs. Vampiro
Vampiro in his current form is promising, non-Goldust Dustin is usually a disappointment (although Beejus' brilliant War of the Thrones proved otherwise)
Beejus did an amazing job with Dustin. One of my favorite characters in board history (with Pillman from the same diary being another.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
I let Scott have Midjah lol!
More like Scott let you walk out on your own two legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejus View Post
Really great job with Halloween Havoc, one could say a.... scary good show?!

Scott vs. Sting should be a good one in the future, and I like the addition of the Stu Hart Classic. One really must wonder who took out Flair, though...
I should hope one would wonder about that, otherwise that story may not be going too well!