View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2017, 07:07 PM
Major League

Week 4 Jan

Quote:

The show opens with a montage of still images from last nights Royal Rumble event accompanied by the dulcet tones of Vince McMahon running down the results of the show, shamelessly shilling the encore presentation for anyone who might have missed the excitement. The stills end with an image of Shawn Michaels celebrating after winning his second consecutive Royal Rumble match and guaranteeing his place in the main event of Wrestlemania XII.

The King and Vince McMahon are at the announce desk where they inform the viewers that tonight, not only is it Monday Night Raw, it's Monday Night Raw's Title Turmoil, as we have 3, yes 3 title matches as a rare treat for the loyal viewers, and as if that wasn't enough,The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels will be here live and in person to address his impressive victory from last night. Vince swoons over HBK but The King is more concerned about discussing Diesel, saying that Shawn Michaels might not make it to Wrestlemania if Big Daddy Cool has his way. McMahon argues that after costing The Undertaker the WWF Title last night and interfering in yet another of Bret Harts Title defences, that Diesel might have bigger problems to worry about that HBK winning the Rumble. Just then the lights go out and the ominous music of The Undertaker begins to play as The Phenom makes his way to the ring, accompanied by his portly manager Paul Bearer. The pair climb into the squared circle to address the crowd.

Paul Bearer tells the crowd that there has been a miscarriage of justice here in the WWF, that his Undertaker should be stood here now as the WWF World Champion and the only reason that he's not is because of one man and one man only....Diesel. Undertaker get the mic and informs Big Daddy Cool that he made his gravest mistake getting involved in his match and costing him the World Title and that if he doesn't begin to make some wiser decisions then he may find himself resting in peace.

This brings out the man himself as Diesel makes his way to the ring. He gets up close and personal in the face of the Undertaker before smirking at him and backing off a few paces. He tells the Deadman to take a chill pill, that what happened last night was nothing personal, just business. He says he's sick and tired of being treated like a joke around here and that its high time people started to take him seriously. He says that "Diesel" toed the company line for too long and all he got to show for it was a mediocre title run with second rate opponents and slap in the face from management that tried to castrate him and make him into a baby kissing goody two shoes loser....he says that "Diesel" may have been treated like a joke, but you're all going to take Kevin Nash very seriously....and everyone will see how serious he is because no one....not The Undertaker, not Razor Ramon and certainly not Shawn Michaels....is taking that WWF Title from Bret Hart before Big Daddy Cool, Big Sexy....Kevin Nash.

The two near 7 footers go face to face and look to be about to come to blows before the screeching guitar signals the arrival of the WWF Champion Bret "The Hitman" Hart, who makes his way down to the already crowded ring to let his feelings on the situation be known

He tells the crowd that he's getting a little bit sick and tired of being an after thought around here, he is the WWF World Champion and it's time he was treated with the respect that comes with that. He tells the newly christened Kevin Nash that if he wanted to get his attention he's got it, because he's sick and tired of Nash constantly interfering in his matches. He says he took the title from him at Survivor Series, and he successfully defended it against him on the first Raw of 1996, he will happily make it 3 for 3 any time Nash wants another shot....and The Undertaker and Paul Bearer are being too presumptuous thinking that the only reason Taker isn't the Champion now is because of Nash. Bret says he's never needed help to defend his title before and he doesn't need it now, at the next PPV, In Your House, Bret says he will put the title on the line against the Deadman one more time....and to ensure that there are no interferences....it'll be inside a steel cage.

Bret drops the mic and leaves the ring leaving Taker looking pleased, while Kevin Nash looks furious that The Deadman has another title shot as we go to commercial.

Rating: A*

Quote:

vs

The first match of the night is a title match as the new WWF Light Heavyweight Champion 2 Cold Scorpio puts the gold on the line against a young man who had an impressive showing last night in the Royal Rumble match...coming in at number 4 and lasting for 46 minutes before finally being tossed out by Kevin Nash...."Lionheart" Chris Jericho. This was another impressive display by the youngster, going toe for toe with the more experienced champion and even looked like he was going to take home the gold on more than one occasion. A good match however was spoiled by the ending as Faarooq and Kama made their way to ringside, distracting the referee long enough for Nelson and Bobby Knight to jump Jericho and for the big 500 pounder to destroy the challenger with a big splash. The Nation left the ring and Scorpio followed up with a 450 from the top rope to retain his championship.

Winner: and STILL WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, 2 Cold Scorpio
Rating: C-

Quote:

The match is over and The Nation of Domination get into the ring, surrounding 2 Cold Scorpio. Faarooq gets on the mic and says that last night they offered Scorpio a place in the brotherhood, he said he wanted to think about it, it's been 24 hours and Faarooq hopes that he thought long and hard and made the right decision, otherwise the rest of this evening is going to become long and hard....and painful for Scorpio. 2 Cold looks conflicted for a moment, before looking down at the fallen Jericho.....and stomping the crap out of him, finally kicking him out of the ring and on to the floor. He returns to the centre of the ring where Faarooq raises his fist in the Nations salute, the other members follow suit followed finally by Scorpio, signalling his new allegiance. The Nation of Domination has just gained another member in the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, 2 Cold Scorpio.

Rating: C+

Quote:

VS

After that little display of solidarity Faarooq and Kama remain in the ring, while the rest of the Nation skulk around at ringside as the pig farmers from Arkansas, Henry and Phinnias come down to face them. The Godwinns put on a good showing here and it's a decent enough match, but with two Nation members in the match and now 3 more at ringside, they were always going to be facing an uphill battle. Unfortunately the end in this one comes much the same as the last match, this time it's Scorpio distracting the referee as Bobby Knight tosses H.O.G's slop bucket to Kama, who nails the Pig Farmer in the back of the head. Three seconds later and this one is over.

Winner: The Nation of Domination

Quote:

Phatu is walking backstage when he is stopped by the stunning figure that is Sunny. She tells the big man that she's been bored around here since Skip got injured (*coughREHABcough*) and since it doesn't look like he's going to be returning for a while yet, she's been looking for another client to offer her "services" too. Phatu tries to answer but is distracted as Sunny casually leans forward revealing her ample cleavage. Gathering his composure Phatu goes to speak again but is stopped as Sunny places a finger on to his lips. "My newest client...." She says seductively "......is right behind you"

Phatu spins around and is met by a brutal steel chair to his ample gut which drops him to his knees, where Hunter Hearst Helmsley begins to rain blows with the steel to Phatu's back until the big man is a fallen mess. Sunny walks over and links arms with Helmsley who shows her the bent and mangled chair. "Phatu, Phatu, Phatu....looks like your back really made a difference....to the state of this chair." The two laugh as Hunter drops the chair to the floor before walking away.

Quote:

VS

Ted DiBiase leads one of the Crown Jewels of his Corporation to the squared circle, as The Ringmaster goes one on one with The Dumpster. Duke should probably stick to his day job collecting trash because The Ringmaster made short work of his opponent, putting him to sleep with the Million Dollar Dream.

Winner: The Ringmaster

Quote:

After the match DiBiase gets on the mic and tells Savio Vega that he should have took him up on his offer and joined the Corporation, because now the Ringmaster is going to teach him a Million Dollar lesson he will never forget. Austin gets the mic and runs Vega down, tells him he's a piece of trash and while Austin is counting his bank balance, Vega will be counting stars, because everyone's got a price for the Million Dollar Man and the Ringmaster always makes sure they pay.

Savio has heard enough and comes running down the aisle looking for a fight, DiBiase and Austin bail though and retreat up the ramp, with The Ringmaster rubbing his thumb and forefinger together in a "Money" motion, shouting at Vega that he doesn't fight for free but he'll see him at In Your House.

Rating: B-

Quote:

vs

The Smoking Gunns waste no time in cashing in their rematch for the titles they lost only 24 hours ago, desperate to once again be the top of the pile in the Tag Team division. The new champions however are just as determined to hold on to the title, making this a very good match. The crowd were firmly behind the challengers but in the end crowd support wouldn't be enough, as The Bulldog put Bart Gunn away with the running power slam to retain the Tag Team straps

Winner: and STILL WWF World Tag Team Champions, Owen Hart &The British Bulldog

Quote:

We head straight to the back following that victory, where Rick and Scott Steiner are watching the action on the monitor. They are interrupted by Dok Hendrix who asks them their thoughts on the Tag Team scene here in the WWF. The Steiners say that the Tag Team scene here is strong but it's going to be even stronger soon, because they are officially challenging the Champions to a Title match at In Your House, "so Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, polish those belts up good boys, because they're coming home with the Steiner Brothers."

Quote:

vs

This match is supposed to be a punishment to both Razor Ramon and the bizarre one Goldust for getting "arrested" before the Royal Rumble event and thus being unable to appear as scheduled. Razors punishment is having to defend the title on short notice against Jeff Jarrett. Goldust's punishment is that Jeff Jarrett gets the title shot instead of him.....speaking of Goldust, he makes his way to the announce booth for this one, accompanied by Marlena who sits beside him in the directors chair.

Jarrett is out first, with Lawler fawning all over him on commentary, saying he earned this shot the hard way, with a hard fought victory over that "mumbling idiot" Ahmed Johnson, Vince is quick to point out that the so called hard fought victory was tainted by the manner which it came, with Jarretts feet on the ropes for the 3 count.

The Bad Guy comes out next and jaw jacks a little with Goldust at the announce desk before getting into the ring. These two have a great little TV match with a lot of back and forth action. Jarrett nearly takes the match AND the Intercontinental Championship a number of times as Razor is constantly switching his attention to Goldust, clearly eager to continue the brawl which landed the pair in hot water with the law only one night ago. Jarrett gets on the offence, shouting to the crowd that he's got this one in the bag because Razors not got his head in the game. Ironically Double J's words come back to haunt him as Ahmed Johnson appears in the aisle, clearly annoyed that Jeffs cheating potentially cost the big man a title shot.

Jarrett turns his attention away from Razor and yells at Ahmed that he's a loser and to get away from his match, climbing onto the second turnbuckle to get a better vantage point. Unfortunately that's all the opportunity Ramon needs, getting behind his opponent and hooking him in the Razors Edge, dropping him to the mat for the victory.

Winner: and STILL WWF Intercontinental Champion, Razor Ramon
Rating: B

Quote:

With Razors "punishment" out of the way, Goldust sneaks into the ring and nails the bad guy from behind (as the King makes some juvenile comment about that not being the first time Goldust has nailed a guy from behind) to inflict some punishment of his own. Ahmed is in to stop the attack but Jarrett manages to recover enough to join the brawl, chaos ensues as the four men go at it with Ramon and Johnson finally managing to gain the upper hand and chase the dastardly heels out of the ring. The duo celebrate in the ring while Jarrett looks extremely uncomfortable as he is being comforted by the flamboyant Goldust in the aisle.

Rating: B+

Quote:

We come back from commercial to the sounds of The Heardbreak Kid's theme music, as the man himself and now 2 time Royal Rumble winner makes his way to the ring, slapping hands with the kids and accepting kisses and hugs from the ladies in the crowd. He hits the squared circle and teases a strip show while McMahon guffaws on commentary telling us "there's only one Shawn Michaels", which the King is glad to hear.

He pics up a mic and proceeds to tell the crowd that "against all the odds, against doctors orders, against 29 other men, against foe....and against friends (yes I'm talking to you Big D) The Heartbreak Kid did just what he said he was going to do, what he always does....and that's deliver inside this very ring and walk out with his hand raised. That means back to back Royal Rumble victories and back to back Wrestlemania World Title Shots, but unlike last year, this is only going to go one way, this year I'm finally going to achieve that boyhood dream, this year I'm going to go out there and give you all a show like nobody else can....and this year, I'm going to walk out of Wrestlemania as the NEW....WWF World Heavyweight Champion."
He goes on to wish both Bret Hart and The Undertaker all the best in their cage match at In Your House, but says at the end of the day, whether it's the Hitman, or the Deadman, it doesn't really matter, because at Wrestlemania, someone's going to get their head kicked off their shoulders with some sweet chin music.
"And Diesel....Kevin Nash....whatever the hell you want to call yourself now....there's no hard feelings from the Heartbreak Kid for your little moment of madness at the Rumble. You put me on my ass after I eliminated you, I get it, heat of the moment, people lose their heads....I've certainly done a lot worse than that to my friends over the years, it's nothing I'm proud of but it is what it is.....Kev, I guarantee you this, that title shot you want so badly, when I take that World strap at Wrestlemania....and i do mean WHEN I take it.....when I take that title at Wrestlemania, to show you there's no hard feelings, you my friend can have the very first shot."

Those words bring out the man himself as Kevin Nash walks slowly down the aisle way, clapping a steady sarcastic applause as he does. He gets in the ring at tells Shawn congratulations, you got lucky, but remember this, "it was me that put you on your ass last night....it was me that put you on your ass last Wrestlemania....and the only reason you're still living and breathing right now....is because I'm allowing it."
He tells Shawn that he doesn't need to give him a title shot, and he can save his half hearted attempts to salvage their friendship....because he won't be facing Bret Hart at Wrestlemania, and he won't be facing The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.....if he even makes it to Wrestlemania, and that's a big if.....he'll be facing Big Daddy Cool....Big Sexy....Kevin Nash...."because no one....and I mean no one, is taking that title of Bret Hart other than me......congratulations Shawn, that boyhood dream....it just became a living nightmare."
Nash drops his microphone at Michaels feet and smirks at him before exiting the ring and heading to the back, as the boy toy looks on with a concerned look on his face.

Rating: A*

Show Rating: B

Last edited by to4sty : 07-19-2017 at 05:26 AM.