View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2017, 06:45 PM
All Star

Default 2002 Roster Update

Roster Breakdown: (Faces in blue, heels in red)

Quote:
Main Event:
Diamond Dallas Page
Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam (World Heavyweight Champion)
Sting

Booker T
Buff Bagwell
Kanyon
Lex Luger
Rick Steiner
Scott Steiner
Shane Douglas
Quote:
Upper Midcard:
Alex Wright
Brian Adams
Bryan Clark
Chuck Palumbo
Dustin Rhodes
Hugh Morrus
Konnan
Rey Misterio Jr. (United States Heavyweight Champion)
Sean O'Haire

Lance Storm (World Tag Team Champion)
The Destroyer
Vampiro
Quote:
Midcard:
AJ Styles
Billy Kidman
Ernest Miller
Jaime Knoble
Norman Smiley

Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Chris Candido
CM Punk (World Tag Team Champion)
Disco Inferno
Fit Finlay
King Corino
Mark Jindrak
Mike Sanders
Shane Helms
Shawn Stasiak
TAKA (Cruiserweight Champion)
Quote:
Lower Midcard:
American Dragon
Big Vito
Johnny the Bull
Yang

Cash
Elix Skipper
Evan Karagis
Kaz Hayashi
Shannon Moore
The Wall
Quote:
Opener:
Jason Jett
M.I. Smooth

Alan Funk
Flash Flanagan
Quote:
Enhancement Talent:
Air Paris
Chance Beckett
Quote:
Occasional Wrestler:
Jim Duggan
Quote:
Manager:
Kimberly Page
Miss Jones
Torrie Wilson

Eric Bischoff
Father Isaac
Midajah
Stacy Keibler
Tammy Sytch
Quote:
Announcer:
Mike Tenay
Tony Schiavone
Quote:
Color Commentator:
Bret Hart
Don West

Bobby Heenan
Quote:
Road Agent:
Dusty Rhodes
Quote:
Personality:
Arn Anderson
Gene Okerlund
Roddy Piper
Quote:
On Vacation:
Road Warrior Animal
Quote:
In Developmental:
Alexis Laree
Allison Danger
Boby Roode
Brian Kendrick
Cheerleader Melissa
Chris Harris
Colt Cabana
Daffney
David Flair
James Storm
Johnny Parisi
Kid Romeo
Lash Leroux
Nattie Neidhart
Paul London
Reno
Teddy Hart
Tony Mamaluke
Quote:
Creative Meeting:

Franchise Players:
1. Booker T
2. Sting
3. Ric Flair
4. Scott Steiner
5. Diamond Dallas Page

Next Big Things:
1. CM Punk
2. AJ Styles

Hot Prospects:
1. American Dragon
2. AJ Styles
3. Johnny the Bull
4. CM Punk
5. Mark Jindrak

Talk the Talk:
1. Ric Flair
2. Dusty Rhodes
3. Roddy Piper
4. Diamond Dallas Page
5. Booker T

Show Stoppers:
1. Rey Misterio Jr.
2. Rob Van Dam
3. Booker T
4. CM Punk
5. Scott Steiner

Ring Generals:
1. Rey Misterio Jr.
2. Lance Storm
3. Ric Flair
4. American Dragon
5. King Corino

Who's Hot:
1. The Destroyer
2. Kaz Hayashi
3. Yang
4. TAKA
5. Lance Storm

Who's Not:
1. Jim Duggan
2. The Wall
3. Johnny the Bull
4. Ernest Miller
5. Mike Sanders

Time Decline:
1. Ric Flair
2. Lex Luger
3. Jim Duggan
4. Sting
5. Diamond Dallas Page

Hidden Gems:
1. Ken Anderson
2. Jay Briscoe
3. Jorge Estrada
4. Scoot Andrews
5. Austin Aries

Did Adam change the way the Hidden Gems list functions this time? In TEW2013 the list stayed exactly the same unless someone on it got signed or there was a significant debut into the game world (I know it happened when Austin debuted in TGAAB at least.) In this particular save the list has changed frequently even though nobody on it has been getting locked up to any sort of exclusive deal. It's a good change if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
It's 85 psych, TFC. I'm truly amazed that they both got A's in a perf>pop fed as I never thought Scott was that amazing a worker (I'm guessing his brawl stat is really high so it got used which is fair). Entertainer, yes.
85? Ugh. Guess I'll have to wait and see if any of my young guys can break through that particular glass ceiling. Corino's really close, but most everybody else still has a ways to go. Scott's in-ring stats aren't terrible, but they're not amazing either. Brawling is his best top row stat, and even that's only a B-. The match was not rated on anything special, but doing a brawl-based match could be a good idea if I put them in another match because that's RVD's best stat too.

Quote:
As for KYE's comment, that's a fine view, but it is a cement-hard cap. That means if you fall under that threshold, you'll never pop an A match if you're the top psych guy in the match, and conversely, you can spam A matches with that person if you match them with a less-talented person with psych over the cap. One stat shouldn't be the be-all and end-all. There's no way to avoid it short of heading to the editor.
This sums up my feelings on it perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy View Post
I should have clarified -- I'm not actually in Japan, this is my first semester learning the Japanese (language). I likely will end up there somewhere down the line, as I'm currently in my second (and final year) of my MA in World History and Japan is my specialization.

I'm in my second year of French -- so I might actually be better at making French signs -- I don't know if you plan on taking the "big boys" to Paris anytime soon.
Ah, well, good luck in any event! It's doubtful I'll be going to France. Aside from the language barrier, there's also the fact that Europe is my weakest region by far.

Quote:
Ask Punk to size up. With his age and temperament, he's likely to size up well and gain enough star quality to outweigh any potential risk.

Unless he starts with the "Ripped" body type, in that case it's more likely he won't gain a size. I will note here that sometimes workers randomly change body type, but I've never seen anyone lose star quality randomly -- it's usually a positive change.

I always ask guys to either move up or down when I can -- My experience is their in-ring skills are pretty much unaffected. There is ~1/3 chance the worker will lose star quality [body type flabby]. It used to be pretty much everyone went to muscular/ripped and gained ~10 SQ, but now workers sometimes end up sizing up without changing body type more often, and guys will only gain ~5 SQ.

Personality and age play into it -- older workers usually size up poorly and end up losing star quality and so do those with substance abuse problems.

I can't confirm or deny this but I've heard the "dirty doctor" note will get guys "ripped" quicker.
He's toned, but not ripped. I have had a couple of instances of someone changing their body type on their own. Rey did it and got like an 8 point boost in star quality.

So you can get star quality boosts by asking workers to size down as well? I wouldn't have expected that. I figured that would just help with stamina and such.