View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2017, 07:24 AM
Major League

Week 1, March 1996
Fleet Center
ATT: 18,000
TV: 14.48

Quote:

The show opens with highlight stills of the previous nights In Your House event before we are introduced to the nights show by our three man announce team of Vince McMahon, Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross. They talk about last nights event, about Kevin Nash's continued path of destruction and promise us that Shawn Michaels will join us via live video feed from his San Antonio home tonight.

Speaking of Kevin Nash, he's been all over these shows as of late and tonight is no exception as the big mans music starts to play, and Big Sexy makes his way to the ring. He stops by the announcers and says something about them not getting too attached to that table they're sat at, while Vince calls him deplorable. Nash gets into the ring with a microphone in hand and a cocky smirk on his face.

He waits for the crowd to die down a bit before he starts talking, telling everyone that he is starting to feel a case of déjà vu around here.....every week is the same....he comes out here, demands a title shot, gets turned down.....someone gets hurt....well last night was no different, apart from the fact that it was TWO people that got hurt....and one of them, was your supposed number one contender and one half of the Wrestlemania main event.

"So let's make this simple.....Gorilla Monsoon, I know you're in the back there Monkey Man, last night I put Shawn Michaels straight through a table and onto the concrete floor....he landed hard right on his occipital protuberance and I don't think he's going to be making it to Wrestlemania. They way I see it, you're a man down for the main event, well guess what, I got your man right here....Big Sexy, Kevin Nash....now come out here, make the match, bring your paperwork and the contracts and let's make this official."

That does indeed bring out Gorilla Monsoon, but he looks far from happy. He tells Nash that his actions as of late have been despicable and as far as he is concerned, despicable actions deserve despicable consequences. As the President of the World Wrestling Federation, he can't be seen to be rewarding martial law, and if there's one thing we know for sure, it's that Shawn Michaels is one of the most resilient superstars in WWF history. "Until I receive written confirmation from The Heartbreak Kid's physician, that he is physically unable to compete at Wrestlemania, well as far as I'm concerned that match still stands and it will be Shawn Michaels, not you Mr Nash, that goes one on one with Bret Hart for the WWF Championship....."

Nash if furious to hear this....and to be honest, so are a few of the fans in attendance who clearly like this new Big Daddy Cool. He looks to be about to blow a gasket before Monsoon interrupts him.

"......BUT......and there is a but, it would be remiss of me not to have a contingency plan in place, in the event that The Heartbreak Kid is unable to take part in the match.....therefore, tonight, you Kevin Nash will not be handed a shot at the WWF Title, you will have to earn it. Because IF Shawn Michaels is unable to compete in the main event of Wrestlemania......and IF you can beat a man equal in both size and strength tonight......IF you can defeat Psycho Sid, then maybe, just maybe, you'll get that shot at Bret Hart that you so clearly want.....but if you lose? Then you can forget about it pal, you can kiss that title match goodbye."

Nash smiles, before telling Monsoon, that's good enough for me Monkey Boy....."Hey Sid.....you're a dead man."

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

After putting on a valiant display last night against the still undefeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Phatu is keen to get back to winning ways. He's got his work cut out for him here though, as he's facing off against the 7 foot tall sadistic dentist Isaac Yankem. Although for a 7 foot sadist Yankem does seem to find himself on his back counting the lights an awful lot and this match is no difference. Yankem might have said goodbye to a few of his brown teeth after Phatu picks up the win with a big thrust kick, followed by a flying headbutt from the top.

Winner: Phatu
Rating: C-

Quote:

Dok Hendrix is out in the aisle as Phatu makes his way to the back, he asks him about his loss to Hunter Hearst Helmsley at In Your House. Phatu says when someone comes at him and beats him man to man, Phatu will be the first one to shake their hand and congratulate them. "But Hunter Hearst Helmsley, you ain't no man brother.....you knew you couldn't beat this big man in a fair fight, so you got your woman to interfere, and then nearly collapsed my windpipe with a cane.....you think this is over? Brother we're not finished, not by a long shot."

Rating: C-

Quote:

Out next, is the worlds greatest singer, the worlds greatest entertainer and the worlds greatest wrestler.....will he cut the worlds greatest promo? Well no....but it was a decent promo non the less, as J-E-Double F, J-A-Double R-E-Double T, Jeff Jarrett makes his way to the ring.

Jeff is thought of by many as one of the ones to watch in the WWF, he could even be one of the next big things with a slight tweaking of his gimmick, (I'm not sure the country singer character has legs.) and tonight he's out to address the man that he cost the WWF Intercontinental Championship, Razor Ramon. He tells the Bad Guy that he's probably feeling pretty sorry for himself about now.....being on the receiving end of one of old Double J's greatest hits....but he's only got himself to blame, all he had to do was give Jarrett a shot at the Intercontinental Championship, but he was he was too chicken. Then again, if he HAD given Double J a shot at the title, he would have lost the gold regardless, so really Razor has nothing to complain about.

Apparently the former Intercontinental Champion doesn't feel the same way, because he comes tearing down the aisle with a look of fury on his face. He slides into the ring and pounces straight onto Jarrett, peppering him with right hands. Jeff tries to wriggle out of his grasp but winds up being on the receiving end of a number of stomps that send him scurrying to the outside and running to the back. Still furious, Ramon picks up Jarretts discarded microphone, yelling at Double J to "get back down here.....hey Chico, hey yo....you can run....but you can't hide man.....one way or another, Razor Ramon, he gonna put an end to you. You think I beat you bad the last time we were in this ring together? That gonna be nothing compared to what you got coming."

Rating: B

Quote:

We come back from commercial to find the Nation of Domination already stood in the centre of the ring. Scorpio is wearing his Light Heavyweight Championship proudly around his waist. They give the Nation salute for a moment, before Faarooq takes a mic. He says that last night, this man right here (slapping Scorpio on the shoulder) showed the world the real meaning of the word Champion....he showed the world what the Nation of Domination is all about....he broke that little flea Chris Jericho in half....he beat him that badly, that he isn't even able to compete tonight, he's sat at home, sipping on an apple juice, nursing his bad ribs, watching Monday Night Raw on the TV, just like you losers in the crowd spend every Monday night doing. If he knows what's good for him, that's where he'll stay....because a BOY like him, doesn't belong in the same ring as any of the MEN in the Nation. Scorpio pipes in that they had better start looking for new challengers for him, because he's washing his hands of that loser Chris Jericho. Faarooq says it's time for Nation business....."Savio Vega, you and me, we going to tangle in a minute.....but you can save yourself a world of hurt.....there's a spot for you in the Nation brother, all you gotta do, it walk down that aisle, lay your ass down on this mat....and when the referee counts three.....you'll be part of the family.

Quote:

VS.

Savio does indeed walk down that aisle, but he doesn't lay his ass down, no matter how much Faarooq tries to convince him....the leader of the Nation loses his temper and slaps Vega square in the face. This does not go down well with the fiery Puerto Rican, who slaps Faarooq back....twice. The official evicts the other nation members from the ring, (where they take up residence at ringside) and calls for the bell.

Savio had one of the matches of the night with The Ringmaster at In Your House, unfortunately for him coming up on the losing end....but he made a lot of people sit up and take notice. Faarooq on the other hand, didn't even have a match on the PPV, he's been focused on strengthening the Nation, now it's time for him to start showing what he can do in the ring.....apparently what he's really good at, is cheating.....because the numbers game catch up with Savio and he's not able to concentrate on his opponent with 4 other men on the outside. After constant interference Faarooq is finally able to hit him with a Dominator for the three count.

Winner: Faarooq

Quote:

The match is over and the entire Nation stands over a fallen Savio Vega. Faarooq yells at Nelson Knight to "pick his sorry ass up" which Knight obediently obliges. It looks like Savio is about to enter a world of hurt, but instead of beating him down Faarooq grips a hold of his face telling him that he has "one week to make the right decision....next time, we won't be so forgiving"....before letting go of Vega, who collapses to the mat in exhaustion.

Rating: C+

Quote:

VS.

After that display of gang warfare, it's time for tag team action. Before the bout gets underway we are treated to the presence of the WWF Tag Team Champions Owen Hart and The British Bulldog, who join the announce table for commentary. Vince asks them what they are doing out there and Owen tells him that, now they have defeated the Steiner Brothers, they are out scouting their next challengers....that could be one of these two teams....Vince said that they didn't defeat the Steiner Brothers but Owen cuts him off saying that they are still the Champs, "that makes us the winners.....and the Steiner Morons the losers McMahon."

In the meantime there is a match going on in the ring, it's not a spectacular match but it's entertaining enough as Paul Ellering watches his men pick up a much needed victory in the tag team division.

Winner(s): The Harris Boys
Rating: C

Quote:

Owen and The Bulldog get to their feet at the announce table and applaud the victors, telling Vince that "there are some real challengers McMahon" when they are rudely interrupted by the sounds of the Steiner Brothers music and the Michigan Natives making their way to ringside. They pick up mics on route and head around to the Champions. Scott yells at them loudly that if they had any guts, they'd be putting those titles on the line one more time, against the greatest team around here, The Steiner Brothers.....Rick....Rick just barks.

Owen tells them that they had their shot last night and they couldn't get the job done, they're moving on to more deserving opponents....."like the two men behind you."

Ron and Don are obviously not pleased with The Steiners stealing their spotlight (after all let's face it, they haven't won too many matches) and under the instruction of their manager, start pounding on Rick and Scott from the back, culminating in each or the brothers Steiner getting driven into the steel steps as the Champions walk away laughing.

Quote:

After that assault we return from commercial and Vince McMahon informs us that we have Shawn Michaels, live via satellite feed from his San Antonio home. We go to a split screen with Vince on one side and a neck brace wearing HBK on the other.....he's not alone though, he has an elderly gentleman by his side. Vince thanks Shawn for taking the time out of his recovery to speak to us but first things first, the question everybody wants to know...."how are you feeling.....how bad is the neck.....and possibly more importantly than anything, will you be cleared to fight at Wrestlemania....will you be able to fulfil that boyhood dream?"

Shawn looks downcast and takes a while to answer. He says right now, he feels like he's been run over by a steamroller. Right now, if he had to step in the ring with Bret Hart for the World Wrestling Federation Championship.....that boyhood dream would be nothing more than a pipe dream....."but that's now Vin-Man....and Wrestlemania is still 3 weeks away.....so you can bet your ass I'll be walking out of the biggest event of the year, boyhood dream achieved, your NEW, WWF World Heavyweight Champion. Kevin Nash, you think this is going to put me down....keep me out? Friend, you obviously don't know me as well as I thought you did.....you will have to kill me to stop me competing at Wrestlemania.....and jack, you just ain't good enough."

Lawler pipes in from the sidelines, asking Shawn who the "geriatric in the adult diapers is." Michaels replies that The King is very funny, but he wants to watch that his mouth doesn't get him into trouble....he introduces the man as Jose Lothario...."this man trained me when I first broke into the business....this man, put Shawn Michaels on the path to greatness....and this man is going to make sure I fight back to full health, Nash, big man.....you might have put me down....but this man, is going to pick me back up, put me back together, and watch from the sidelines, as the dreams of a 12 year old boy, become a reality for me and all my great fans."

Vince tells Shawn that he has a huge target on his back.....because should Kevin Nash defeat Psycho Sid tonight....and should Shawn be unable to compete at Wrestlemania, then Big Daddy Cool will be taking his place in the title match.....which means that it's in Kevin Nash's best interest, that Shawn Michaels....is in no condition to perform at the grandest stage of them all. Jose Lothario interrupts, telling McMahon that the next time Kevin Nash comes within arms....or should that be legs length of his student, Shawn Michaels will kick his head off his shoulders.

Michaels winds up the interview by addressing Bret Hart....he tells the Hitman that Nash has saved his title for the last time......"because I GUARANTEE.....that nothing, and no one....is coming between me and the WWF World Heavyweight Championship.....now if you don't mind Vince, we've got work to do."

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

It's time to get back to the action here, as the new number one contender to the Intercontinental Championship, Ahmed Johnson, goes up against arguably a future number one contender to the Intercontinental Championship in The Ringmaster. Both men were victorious in their respective matches last night and both are keen to continue their winning ways. They have a good little match, with The Ringmaster bumping all over (and outside) the ring for Johnson. Ahmed even hits one of his signature (and scary) dives over the top rope which sends his opponent crashing into his own manager.

All this high octane action obviously intrigues the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Goldust, who makes his way down the aisle with his valet Marlena. Ahmed warns Goldust not to get involved but The Bizarre One holds his hands up in surrender, telling Ahmed that he just wanted to "see this big....mmmm....Johnson that everyone is talking about." before squatting down next to Marlena who has seated herself in her ever present directors chair. Marlena reaches over and massages Goldust's head as the action continues in the ring.

DiBiase, still not happy about being sent sprawling to the floor earlier by his own client, starts barking orders at The Ringmaster, who barks back that "I got this", before getting punched square in the face. Rolling to the outside to gather his composure, The Ringmaster is berated by the Million Dollar Man, who tells him "I thought you 'got this'...maybe next time if you listened to me you would have 'got it'" The Ringmaster replays that maybe next time if you shut the hell up and let me do what I do best, I would have got it."

Ahmed comes up behind DiBiase, but the Ringmaster shoves his manager out of harms way and slams Johnson hard into the crowd barrier. Goldust works his way around to the fallen Ahmed and begins slowly massaging the big man back to life. This infuriates Johnson, who shoves Goldust hard back on onto his ass.....Goldust however seems to enjoy the attention and starts rubbing himself all over. Back in the ring the action continues, with both competitors getting an equal amount of offence that is finally interrupted by the same hooded "fan" that has plagued The Ringmaster for the last few weeks. He shoves DiBiase hard in the back from the front row of the crowd, which causes the Ringmaster to roll to the outside, grabbing the "fan" by the front of his jacket and finally removing the hood. Unfortunately it doesn't reveal much because the "fan" is wearing one of those hideous Bret Hart rubber masks. The Ringmaster is taken aback for a moment and that moment costs him, because he gets flipped off by the masked man, before getting slapped square in the face.

The fan scarpers and for a minute it looks like the Ringmaster is going to give chase, but DiBiase alerts him that the refs count is up to 9 and he runs, sliding urgently into the ring.....straight into the waiting arms of Ahmed, who hooks his opponent and drives him to the mat with the Pearl River Plunge for the win.

Winner: Ahmed Johnson
Rating: B-

Johnson celebrates his win, before inviting the Intercontinental Champion to join him in fisty cuffs in the ring, but Goldust refuses, blowing him a kiss as he backs up the aisle, telling him that "the anticipation always accentuates the pleasure.....patience, you beautiful man."

Quote:

A promo airs for Wrestlemania before we come back live to the arena. There's a moment of silence until suddenly some very familiar music starts to play

The crowd erupts as the lone figure of Rowdy Roddy Piper walks out from the back. He stands at the top of the aisle soaking in the ovation with a huge grin on his face, before making his way down to the ring. He picks up a microphone on route and obviously has something to say. He takes to the middle of the squared circle and waits for the crowd to die down, as Vince remarks what a surprise it is to see Piper, who hasn't been seen here in the WWF for quite some time....but then don't forget, "anything can happen in the WWF" after all.

Piper thanks the crowd for the warm welcome, but says he's here tonight for one reason and one reason only, and that is to address The Hitman, Bret Hart. He cordially invites the WWF Champion to join him in the ring.

Not one to disappoint The Hitman makes his way from the back, gold belt gleaming around his waist and heads to the ring, where he shakes hands with Hot Rod. These two have quite the storied history together but obviously remain good friends. Piper thanks Bret for coming out, before going on to tell him that one of the proudest moments of his career, was walking into Wrestlemania VIII to defend the WWF Intercontinental Championship against "the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.....I was honoured to compete in the same ring against you and I couldn't have asked for a better opponent to lose that prestigious Title to....especially when 6 months later, that same man went on to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion....a Champion who defended the title proudly against any and all comers, big and small, week in week out, night after night, you did what you do best and that's walk down that aisle, step between these ropes....and wrestle.....you would come down here and win, lose or draw you could walk to the back every single night with your head held high, because you knew that you had given it your all and left it all in the ring." Piper pauses for breath before looking Bret square in the eyes and asking...."what happened to that man Bret?"

Bret looks confused for a minute asking Piper what he means. "What do I mean? What I mean....is when was the last time you were able to walk to the back after a title defence, look in the mirror and tell the reflection looking back at you, that you were the better man....when was the last time that you looked down at the WWF Chanpionship....and truly felt like you deserved it.....when was the last time YOU defended that title....because as far as I'm concerned, the only reason you're holding that belt today.....is because of Kevin Nash."

Bret stops Piper there, asking him who he thinks he is "Jimminy Cricket? Who died and made him the conscience of the WWF.....Piper says he's not the conscience of anyone, hell, if you'd watched any of his matches in the last 15 years you'd know he "don't have no conscience myself." What he did have, was respect for The Hitman, and that respect is fading by the week. Hart interrupts him and gives the same speech he's been giving for weeks now, about Nash interfering, about it being out of his control, etc, etc....Hart says that Wrestlemania is still a month away, but he's sick and tired of people questioning his reign as WWF Champion....of people talking like either Shawn Michaels or Kevin Nash taking the belt off him being a forgone conclusion....."I am, the World Wrestling Federation Champion.....I am the best there is, the best there was and the the best there ever will be......and I will prove that decisively, when I walk out of Wrestlemania, still the WWF Champion, be that against Shawn Michaels....or Kevin Nash.....I've beaten them both before, I can beat them both again.....on my own, with no help from anyone.....as for being a fighting Champion, I will put this title on the line any time, any where against anyone.....so how about this, you don't respect me? You don't think I deserve this title? Consider this an open challenge.....for next week and every single week leading up to Wrestlemania. Anyone, anyone at all that wants a shot at this belt.....I'll be stood right here, in the middle of the ring, waiting to excellently execute them.....anybody....even you Piper."

With that Bret shoves the microphone into the chest of Hot Rod and heads to the back without another word.

Rating: A*

Quote:

It's time for the main event of the evening and Mr Perfect collars Kevin Nash just as he's about to go out to the ring. Perfect asks Nash about Shawn Michaels comments earlier, where he said he will be at Wrestlemania and will be competing for the WWF Championship.....Nash's answer is short and sweet, he tells Perfect that tonight, he's going to go out there and dismantle Sid....then, when I've won that match....all I gotta do, is make sure that Shawn Michaels is in no condition to perform at Wrestlemania......and we all know, that Big Daddy Cool is more than capable of that.

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the main event of the evening and the battle of the big men. These two know each other very well, having bored the crowds to tears in matches throughout 1995, this is a little bit different though as both men are playing the heel role.

As a match itself, it's about as good as you can expect from Nash vs Sid. Hard hitting, smash mouth, no one leaving their feet. Nash is far more aggressive in this one though than he was in their previous encounters when he was more interested in pandering to the crowd. Sid inflicts a good amount of punishment on the former WWF Champion, but Kevin Nash is a man on a mission and fights back with everything it's worth. He finally hoists Sid up on his shoulders in an impressive display of strength, dropping him face first on the top turnbuckle with Snake eyes, before levelling him with a big boot and signalling for the Jackknife Powerbomb. He puts the big man in position and gets ready to lift him, in a move that will surely win him the match, when suddenly the lights go out.

The lights come back on and The Deadman is stood, not two feet away from Nash, who jumps back in surprise, releasing Sid in the process. The Undertaker looks at Nash, looks at the official, gives Nash the finger......and punches Sid square in the face. Ladies and Gentlemen, this match is over......and your winner? Psycho Sid. The referee had no choice but to disqualify Kevin Nash for outside interference.

Winner: via Disqualification....Psycho Sid
Rating: B-

Quote:

Nash looks on in horror as he sees his Wrestlemania dream slip through his fingers. He starts screaming at the official to restart the match, yelling "this is bull###t" and when the referee won't acquiesce, Nash Jackknifes him for his troubles, before turning his attention to The Undertaker. The two men look ready to tear each other apart, but a slew of officials and security guards hit the ring and manage to keep the two competitors separated as the show fades to black.

Final Rating: B

Last edited by to4sty : 09-02-2017 at 01:58 PM.