View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Major League

Week 3, March 1996
Kiel Center
ATT: 17,713
TV: 14.28

Quote:

Razor Ramon opened the show up last week, brawling with Jeff Jarrett....he opens up the show again this week, but this time it's with a microphone in hand, as he is already stood in the middle of the ring when we go live.

He tells the crowd that last week, Jeff Jarrett got a taste of what the Bad Guy could do, but Gorilla Monsoon came out and stopped Razor Ramon doing what he does best, "and that's beat people up Chico....you know what, I been here for four years....do you know how many times I got a shot at the WWF Title? Live on Pay Per View? One.....one time....do you know why? Because I took the WWF Intercontinental Championship, and I raised it up to the same level as the WWF title.....I took the Intercontinental Title....and made it mine." He says that he's worn that gold four times in four years and he's defended it against the best of the best....including the man that in his opinion, will be walking out of Wrestlemania XII as the new WWF Champion, Shawn Michaels....he says if anyone can come back from being Powerbombed through a table, it's the Heartbreak Kid.....he says he also beat the man that put Shawn Michaels through that table....the man that will be defeated by The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.....Kevin Nash....."Hey Nash, you think Razor has forgotten about you? You think you got your hands full with The Deadman? Just wait till Razor Ramon comes knocking for you."

He then goes on to repeat the fact that the Intercontinental Title is HIS title...and right now it's around the waist of that painted idiot Goldust...."because of you Jeff Jarrett....Double J, you took the Intercontinental Title away from me....not Goldust, you. Last week, the fat man in the back, stopped Razor Ramon from tearing you up....he say, Razor, you don't have a match, go home.....well tonight, Razor, he got a match....tonight, that little undefeated streak of Hunter Hearst Helmsley, it comes to an end, but before that....Double J, why don't you come down to this ring so I can finish what I started last week."

Unfortunately for Mr Ramon, it's NOT Jeff Jarrett that comes out, it's the WWF President Gorilla Monsoon....what a buzzkill he's been recently eh kids? Well tonight is an exception....tonight instead of being out to stop a brawl, he's out to start one.....kind of. Monsoon tells Razor that he has instructed Jeff Jarrett not to answer that challenge, but instead Gorilla is here with a counter challenge of his own. He tells Razor that he can have Jarrett, nice and legal and all above board.....in two weeks time, at Wrestlemania.....BUT.....since after last week it's become apparent that Razor Ramon likes fighting in the back more than he seems to like fighting in the ring....and since Gorilla is sick of the inmates thinking they are running the asylum (because if it's not Kevin Nash powerbombing people through tables, or Razor Ramon and Jeff Jarrett brawling through the corridors, it's something else) the match will only take place as an anything goes, falls count anywhere in the building.....street fight.....then if you people want to kill yourselves, go right ahead.

Razor has no problem with that though, saying that's perfect....because everything I'm going to do to Jeff Jarrett....will be nice and legal.

Rating: B

Quote:

VS.

The first match of the evening is the eight man tag team match set up by Gorilla Monsoon last week. While all the entrances are being made, the announcers go over the stipulations of the match, where the winning side will go on next week to face each other for a shot at the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles at Wrestlemania. Vince remarks that it's an unusual set up here, where teams will have to work together tonight, knowing full well that if they are successful, they will be competing against each other in one weeks time.

There's a lot of heated exchanges in this one, with the Gunns and the two Texans having some unfinished business.....and the Harris Boys looking to make a name for themselves at the expense of the more successful brother combination in the Steiners. There's a lot of action, and with this many competitors in the match it was bound to get a little chaotic. The heel quartet eventually took control of the contest, isolating Bart Gunn in their half of the ring, punishing him with frequent tags that always ensured a fresh man was in the ring with him.

Eventually though he was able to tag out to Scott Steiner, who went to town on his opponents with big overhead belly to belly a to each of them in turn. The match broke down as all eight men eventually spilled into (and out of) the ring, with the end coming after Scotty hit Bradshaw with a Frankensteiner in the middle of the mat for the one, two, three....meaning that next week we will see The Steiners going up against The Smoking Gunns.

Winner(s): The Steiner Brothers and The Smoking Gunns
Rating: B-

Quote:

After that fun little match we are treated to the arrival of The Million Dollar Man, along with his protege The Ringmaster.....its promo time folks.....DiBiase does the majority of the talking here, telling the crowd that there are only three certainties in life....death, taxes.....and the Million Dollar Man will always get what he wants.....and what the Million Dollar Man wants, is payback on Rowdy Roddy Piper, for the disrespect he showed both DiBiase and The Ringmaster last week.....and he's going to get it.....because The Ringmaster is officially challenging that past his prime has been to a match.....at Wrestlemania.....unless of course he's chicken....in which case all he has to do is come down to this ring, get down on his hands and knees......"and shine my shoes like the nobody that he is."

The crowd turns to the entrance ramp in anticipation of the Rowdy Ones arrival.....but it never comes. DiBiase eventually lets out his signature laugh, telling the crowd that Piper is a good for nothing coward, before the duo head to the back. They get about halfway up the aisle however when The Ringmaster comes to a stop. There is a audience member in the front row holding up a sign which reads "The Ringmaster fears fans." DiBiase instructs his client to ignore the peons and come to the back....but The Ringmaster has had enough and shrugs his manager off, before snatching the sign and tearing it up. The fan is irate (as he clearly put a lot of work into that masterpiece) and hurls insults at The master of the ring.....but he gets grabbed by the shirt and dragged over the barricade, where the Ringmaster proceeds to beat the holy hell out of him. A slew of officials come running out, but they all receive a right hand for their trouble....The Ringmaster has snapped and goes back to kicking the snot out of the fallen fan, until that is a familiar face comes running out from the back.....

.....Roddy Piper is here and he starts wailing on the man who assaulted him last week. The two men battle around ringside, with Piper swinging like a madman, eventually gaining the upper hand on his younger opponent. So much so that DiBiase has seen enough and waves frantically at the back for reinforcements.....

.....and the 123 Kid comes running out, along with Tatanka. They don't get far though, as Piper meets the two men head on with a steel chair....and the steel chair meets the two men's heads. Piper is single handedly destroying DiBiase's Corporation.....that is until one more man arrives....

.....and Psycho Sid comes ambling out from the back. Piper again crashes a chair over the head of Sid....but unlike The Kid and Tatanka, the big man doesn't go down, shaking it off and advancing on the Hot Rod. With the distraction in play, The Ringmaster seized the opportunity to pounce on Piper from behind and before long he and Sid are punishing the ring veteran. Eventually DiBiase calls off his dogs and the Corporation makes its way to the back, while a beaten Piper his helped to his feet in the ring. He shoves off the officials helping him and snatches a microphone. He tells DiBiase that if it's a fight he wants, then it's a fight he's going to get.....he'll fight his Million Dollar Puppet at Wrestlemania....but he's got a little stipulation of his own to put in there. DiBiase says that he didn't become a Millionaire by making stupid business decisions, so no.....Piper doesn't get to make any stipulations.....The Ringmaster leans over however and whispers in the ear of his manager. DiBiase pauses for a second and then breaks out into a laugh, before telling Piper that he can go ahead and make his stipulation.....if.....and it's a very big, seven foot tall if.....if he can defeat Psycho Sid in the middle of that ring next week.

Piper, never one to back down from a fight, replays that "that's fine, I'll fight your seven foot tall Bride of Frankenstein looking monster next week.....and when I beat him, I've got a little surprise for you.

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

The Intercontinental Champion is in action next.....non-title though obviously since his opponent is Bob Holly, who hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire recently....Goldust is accompanied as always by his valet Marlena. There's not much to say about this one, Holly gets a little bit off offence in, but it's barely enough to start Goldust's face paint running. The Champion puts Holly away with the Curtain Call reverse DDT for the three count.

Winner: Goldust

Quote:

Goldust is stopped in the aisle on his way to the back by Dok Hendrix. Hendrix asks Goldust about his forthcoming title defence at Wrestlemania against Ahmed Johnson. Goldust's reply is slightly creepy as always "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night....All About Eve, 1950....because by the time I'm through with Ahmed Johnson, there's going to be bumps here, (as he runs his fingers through a horrified Doks hair) bumps there, (as the hands slide down Doks chest) bumps, mmmmm, everywhere......Ahmed Johnson is going to be sore the next morning, courtesy of (deep breath) Goldust." With that the bizarre one heads to the back, leaving an extremely flustered Dok Hendrix in his wake.

Quote:

VS.

Speaking of Ahmed Johnson, he's in action next, teaming up with Savio Vega and Chris Jericho to take on the Nation of Domination. We are treated to a quick highlight package, including Chris Jericho's failed bid at capturing the Light Heavyweight Championship, Scorpio's refusal of a rematch and Savio's subsequent rejection at a place in the stable.

The match gets underway and the faces dominate the opening part of the contest. Ahmed and Savio appear to be trying to limit Chris Jericho's time in the ring, as he is still visibly suffering from the rib injured sustained at the hands of first Nelson Knight, which were aggravated during his Light Heavyweight Title shot, where Scorpio focused to majority of his offence on the midsection.

Unfortunately they don't call him Lionheart for without reason, as despite his team mates best efforts, Jericho still insists on being an active member of the team.....this backfires however when he gets caught with an illegal knee to the back on an Irish whip, giving the Nation the advantage.....and it's an advantage that the capitalise on, as again Chris Jericho is on the receiving end of a brutal assault on his ribs....which with two power men in Faarooq and Kama on the Nation side, means that Jericho is soon in a world of pain. Eventually though he is able to channel the spirit of Ricky Morton, (although he's not dead sooooo, I guess Ricky's spirit stayed where it is) and eventually managed to make the tag to Savio after diving through the long legs of Kama.....unfortunately the referee didn't see the tag, as his attention had been turned to the gentleman currently walking down the aisle....that gentleman being Goldust.

Goldust makes his way to ringside and stands below Ahmed Johnson, posturing some rather unusual and slightly unsettling gestures.....the final one....a particularly non PG motion of sucking on his gloved finger....is enough for Ahmed Johnson. He drops the floor and starts yelling his usual gibberish at the WWF Intercontinental Champion.....most of it was illegible, but the general gist of it was "please vacate the ringside area Mr Goldust, I find your lewd acts unsettling and they upset my general disposition.....if you do not vacate the ring area, I shall be forced to remove your back molars physically with the aid of my manus".....or in layman's terms, if Goldust didn't get out of there, Ahmed was going to punch his teeth out.

Unfortunately all this did was distract the referee further, meaning the Nation took their current 3-2 advantage, with Faarooq knocking Savio off the apron, before he and Kama held Jericho down on the mat for Scorpio to nail his 450 splash.....Faarooq grabbed the ref, Scorpio made the cover.....the Nation won the match.

Winner: The Nation of Domination

Quote:

The bell sounds and Ahmed looks back at the ring in surprise....."Silly Ahmed, you weren't paying attention were you?" Remarks Goldust, who then slaps Johnson upside the head. Ahmed again looks surprised, for the second time in as many minutes, but that look soon changes to a look of anger as he charges at Goldust, who in turn charges to the back. The two men bolt up the aisle way and to the back, while Savio is helping a clearly injured Jericho get to his feet in the ring. Vega is clearly trying to talk Jericho out of something but the youngster waves him off and gets handed a mic from ringside.

Meanwhile the Nation are heading to the back with their victory in the bag, when the voice of Jericho (drink it in mannnnnnn.....wait, never mind, that's about 21 years later) stops them. He yells at Scorpio, that after Kevin Nash put a stop to the number one contenders match last week, that his dance card for Wrestlemania isn't looking so full any more....."I want another shot at you.....and at that WWF Light Heavyweight Championship......and I want it at Wrestlemania. Scorpio laughs, telling Jericho to give it up......"you're ribs are bust, you can barely breathe let alone stand up straight.....I beat you on Raw.....I beat you at In Your House....I beat you tonight....how many times I gotta beat you boy before you get the message....I can and will beat you, everytime we get in that ring.....give it up....go home, rest the ribs, then maybe in six months time you might.....MIGHT....be worthy to carry my jock."

Savio interrupts, telling Scorpio that even busted up as bad as he is, Chris Jericho is twice the man he'll ever be....because unlike you clowns there, he doesn't need his friends to win his matches for him....and if he's as confident as he says he is, then it won't be a problem will it....because after Savio beats Faarooq, the Nation will need someone to pick up a win. Faarooq yells at Savio to watch his damn mouth....he says the Nation of Domination backs down from no one....if Jericho wants it that bad then Scorpio will beat his busted up ass one more time, just like I'm going to do to your punk ass.

Rating: B+

Quote:

Again, there is no Shawn Michaels in attendance tonight, as he still works through his neck pains in rigorous training sessions with his mentor Jose Lothario. We do however get another promo video of said training sessions. Michaels is in the same makeshift gym, working through a series of moves with the same nameless wrestler as before, this time however, he is clearly in less pain. His moves are much crisper and he doesn't wince after each bump....only once or twice throughout the whole workout.

As the workout comes to an end, he gives us the same fluff piece that he gave last week....how much he respects Bret, how no one thought he would ever get this far, how there's nothing he won't do to fulfil his dream.....but he finishes up by saying that while he's still not 100%, he's going to be there next week, live and in living colour.....on Monday Night Raw.

Quote:

VS.

It's time for another match....this one is an interesting one as Razor Ramon goes up against the undefeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley (accompanied as always by the vivacious Sunny). Both of these men know how to work, so the quality of the match was never going to be in question....and a good match it was.

Razor obviously started out strong, while Helmsley seeming reluctant to lock up with the "greasy haired slob." Ramon has no such problems getting hold of his opponent....and giving him a clubbering, before slapping him around the back of the head in that patronising manner that he does.

Irate Hunter rolls to the outside where he's comforted by Sunny, but she's also on the receiving end of a slap from Ramon (who had followed his opponent) right across her rear. With Sunny jumping up and down running her buttocks Razor rolls his opponent back into the ring, but gets hit with a knee drop to the back of the head when he rolls in after him.

With the wheel firmly in his control, Hunter goes to work on Ramon....he seems to have got over his aversion to Razors "greasy" hair, as he takes a firm grip of it, before hammering blows into the head of his opponent. The punishment goes on for some time, but with the crowd rallying behind him Razor was never going to give up without a fight and before long he's back in the game.

Not only is be back in the game, he's firmly in control and looks to have the match wrapped up.....until that is one Double J, Jeff Jarrett comes walking down the aisle. Ramon turns his attention to his Wrestlemania opponent, which gives Helmsley the opportunity to come up from behind, hitting Razor in the back with a big knee which sends him toppling to the outside. With the referee momentarily distracted by Sunny, Jarrett takes the opportunity to smash his ever present guitar over the head of Ramon who collapses in a heap. Helmsley grabs the official and instructs him to count, which he does. Ramon starts to stir by the count of seven and at nine is just about to roll back into the ring....he doesn't though, as Jarrett (who had dropped under the ring out of sight of the counting official) hooked hold of his leg, just long enough for the referee to count ten....Hunter Hearst Helmsley just beat Razor Ramon.

Winner: Hunter Hearst Helmsley (via Countout)

Quote:

The match is over, but the action isn't, as Jarrett rolls Ramon into the ring and he....along with Helmsley....even Sunny gets a few kicks in for good measure. Fortunately for the Bad Guy, help is at hand. Help in the form big Phatu. With a point to prove to Helmsley, Phatu hits the ring like a man possessed, sending Jarrett flying over the top rope, before nailing Hunter with a big Superkick that knocks him down and out to the floor, where Double J grabs hold of him and the two men bail to the back with Sunny in tow. The big Samoan helps Razor to his feet, before yelling into the camera that "Helmsley....I ain't letting it go brother....this ain't over till I say it's over."

Rating: C+

Quote:

It's time for the obligatory appearance of Kevin Nash and Big Sexy is sauntering down to the ring with a huge cocky smile on his face, obviously pleased with himself after putting the Undertaker down last week.

He gets into the ring and tells the crowd to quieten down before they miss the most entertaining part of the show....."and that's me, Big Sexy himself, Kevin Nash." Nash says he's out here tonight to make something clear....and that's the fact that the only reason he's not walking down that aisle tonight, answering Bret Harts open challenge....and taking home the title...."is because that oversized ape in the back, Gorilla Monsoon told me that because of my recent actions......that being me kicking everybody's ass around here....that even if I beat the Hitman, that World Title wouldn't be on the line.....bulls##t....this is called professional wrestling....it's not the ballet....if people don't wanna get hurt then they should stay the hell out of my way."

Nash tells the crowd, that maybe Monsoon can keep Nash from the Title....."for now".....but he ain't gonna stop him coming out here at Wrestlemania and getting an "up close and personal look at the match between Bret Hart and my little buddy, Shawn Michaels.....hey Shawn, how's the neck feeling? I saw earlier that you said you'll be here in person next week? Well so will Big Daddy Cool baby.....make sure you come and say hello." He then turns his attention to the Undertaker, telling the Deadman that what he got last week, was just a little taste of the punishment he's got coming for him....Nash tells him to bring his pudgy little manager....bring his Urn....bring the boogie man and the monster under the bed...."bring it all, because it won't help you Deadman....I'm Big Daddy Cool....I ain't afraid of the dark."

It's a good job that Nash isn't afraid of the dark.....because that's exactly what he gets as the lights in the arena go out. Nash continues speaking however, saying that the mind games don't work on him Undertaker, you can turn out the light, flicker some lightning....blow some smoke, it doesn't matter....it won't stop Kevin Nash kicking your ass. With that the lights come back on, Nash instinctively looks for the Deadman, but the ring is empty.....ringside however, not so much as there now sits a casket pushed up against the ring.

Assuming that the Undertaker is inside, Nash smirks, shaking his head, again repeating that he isn't afraid of the dark, before rolling to ringside and picking up a steel chair. He edges slowly over to the casket, before slowly raising the chair with one hand, and quickly swinging the lid open with the other, ready to nail his Wrestlemania opponent.....it's not the Undertaker in there though....

....its Kevin Nash himself....or rather a life sized perfect representation of him. Nash's eyes go wide as he stares at his own image in a state of death. He drops the steel chair and the microphone and backs away from the casket, almost stumbling over a safety mat on the floor, before exiting the ringside area and heading swiftly to the back. Kevin Nash may not be afraid of the dark, but the vision of his own corpse in the casket has clearly rattled him.

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

It's that time of the night again.....time for the WWF Champion to defend his gold, only this time his opponent is no surprise, because he (or rather his manager) announced his intentions last week.

These two men are certainly no strangers to each other, having fought over this very title at consecutive Wrestlemanias. Being that Cornette DID announce this challenge seven days ago however, Bret is far more prepared than he would have been finding out his opponent on the night....Yokozuna looks to have gained some weight since his last World Title run and that slows him down but he still has more than enough power behind him to make the Hitman suffer.....especially when he drops a huge leg drop on the Champion for a very, very near fall.

After inflicting a good amount of punishment on Hart, Cornette instructs Yokozuna to end it "crush him like bug." Dragging the Hitman to the corner, Yoko mounts the second rope and gives it a good bounce, before crashing down hard.....on bare mat.....the Hitman had rolled out of the way. Clearly stunned Yokozuna lays sprawled on the mat, before rolling onto his front in an attempt to get up.....that's all the opening Hart needs though as he pounced on the big man, and with no need to roll the Challenger over, he easily applies the Sharpshooter, giving the former WWF Champion no choice but to tap out....an impressive victory for The Hitman.

Winner: and STILL WWF World Heavyweight Champion.....Bret Hart

Quote:

The match is over and Cornette storms the ring, furious. He stars yelling at the exhausted Yokozuna, berating him for losing the match, calling him a fat mess, and a good for nothing waste of his time. Yokozuna takes the dressing down like a scolded school child, that is until Cornette starts prodding him in his ample chest, then his face changes....however not as much as it changes when Cornette starts to swat at him with his tennis racket. The Louisiana Lip soon realises his mistake however....and starts backing off, apologising profusely to the big Sumo star. Cornette turns to run, but he just comes face to face with the WWF Champion, who grabs the scrawny manager by the scruff of the neck and tosses him to Yoko....who whips him up onto his shoulders and crushes the life out of him with a Samoan Drop. Yoko slowly gets back to his feet and rolls his (I guess now former) manager out to the floor, before turning and offering his hand to the Hitman, who accepts and raises his hand to end the show

Final Rating: B+

Last edited by to4sty : 10-12-2017 at 04:09 PM.