View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2017, 06:02 PM
Major League

Week 3, May 1996
Lawrence Joel Coliseum
ATT: 14,600
TV: 14.62

Quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are live and on the air. The commentary team of McMahon, Ross and Lawler barely have time to welcome us to the show, before the music of the Nation of Domination breaks out and the entire faction makes its way down to the ring.....

.....Faarooq grabs a microphone and he cuts right to the chase. He says that last week, Hunter Hearst Helmsley crossed the wrong man when he left him high and dry without a partner. He points behind him to his stable mates, saying that tonight, he has people with him who have his back......so it's really quite simple.....either Hunter Hearst Helmsley walks his over privileged ass to this ring, so that The Nation can dish out their own style of justice.....or Faarooq will send the Nation to the back and they will drag him down that aisle battered and bloodied and in no condition to make it to In Your House.

It takes a few minutes, but eventually Mr. Helmsley does come out....obviously he's not alone, accompanied as always by the beautiful Sunny.....and SHE'S not alone either, because begrudgingly (by the look on his face) Gorilla Monsoon is with them. Hunter says that this is exactly the reason he walked out of the match last week....because just six days away from finally receiving the Intercontinental Title Shot that he's been waiting for....the WWF insists on placing him in an unsafe working environment.....because that (points at the sea of Nation members in the ring) is a direct threat to my well being.....and I expect you, Gorilla Monsoon, to do something about it.

Monsoon looks nonplused, telling Helmsley that this is professional wrestling....it's not ballet, and he puts himself in an unsafe working environment every time he steps through those ropes, so what exactly does he expect Monsoon to do? Hunter says that Faarooq doesn't want a sanctioned match.....he wants an excuse to stand back and let his gang of thugs jump him like the street rats that they are.....and that.....is an un....safe.....working.....environment.....and I'm saying it slowly....so that even you.....can understand.

Monsoon says that he understands....he understands fully....and it seems like the simplest solution....is for him to book a SANCTIONED match between Hunter and Faarooq right now....so "Mr. Helmsley, I hope you have you're wrestling boots on....because that match is next." Sunny interjects, telling Gorilla that she knows what he's doing....he's trying to weaken the biggest challenge for the WWF Intercontinental Championship, by making him wrestle six days before In Your House, while Ahmed Johnson and Marc Mero get the night off. Again, Gorilla has the perfect answer to that, stating that Ahmed Johnson and Marc Mero, will also square off against each other tonight....."and I'm sure that they won't complain about it as much as you pair of prima-donnas are." Helmsley and Sunny continue to protest until Monsoon has finally had enough, telling them that either Hunter wrestles tonight.....or I guarantee that he won't be placed in any more "unsafe working environments".....because he will be OUT of the fatal four way match at In Your House."

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

Much to the reluctance of Helmsley, Gorilla Monsoon waves out an official and this one is underway. The crowd was a little bit thrown off by the heel vs heel dynamic.....the crowd didn't even bother trying to get behind either man, in fact is was more a case of who could get booed the most. Both competitors had their fair share of the offence....and while the Nation will be barred from ringside Sunday, they are very much a part of this one, ensuring that Faarooq is never on the defence for long.

After managing to wriggle out of one Dominator attempt by the skin of his teeth, Helmsley rolls to the outside to the waiting arms of his manager, who can be heard telling her client to "think about the belt....this doesn't matter." Heeding the words of advice from Sunny, Hunter just throws his hands up in frustration.....and leaves.....walking straight to the back while the Official makes the ten count.

Winner: Faarooq (via Count Out)
Rating: B

Quote:

Following that we head to the back, where the KLiQ has just arrived in unison. They walk through the building and it's clear that they are still in a foul mood following the ending to last weeks show, which saw them beating a hasty retreat. They slam open a door and muscle their way through catering, until Shawn Michaels comes to a dead stop, halting his army with an out stretched hand.....

......pointing over to an area where Brian Pillman and Steve Austin are in the middle of a rather heated debate. When the cameras aren't directly on him, Austin is obviously a very different person, because you can see the aggression on his face as he shoves Pillman hard in the chest, telling him "for the last time, let it go....before I whip your ass right here and now.....I've told you before son, you don't want to let the damn genie outta the bottle." The two men notice first the camera, then their audience and their demeanour quickly changes as the KLiQ circle them. Michaels gets in Pillmans face, who doesn't back down an inch, instead he stares down the WWF Champion with a maniacal look in his eyes. Shawn tells Brian that he made the biggest mistake of his life when he hitched his cart to the Hart Foundation's broken down ride. He says that for a so called "Loose Cannon" you would think that he would welcome the chaos that the KLiQ brings.....but if he wants to hang with the Harts.....then we'll treat you like a Hart.

Pillman turns to Austin, telling him that he might want to uncork that genie....but Austin holds his hands up and walks away......"ain't my damn fight son"....just as the KLiQ pounce, using their sheer force of numbers to beat Pillman to the ground. Hall drags Brian to his feet and holds him there, while HBK tunes up the band, delivering a hard Sweet Chin Music to Pillman's jaw. Even that isn't enough to placate the anger of the KLiQ, as Michaels sweeps the plates of food off a nearby table, telling Nash to "break his damn back." Always happy to inflict some damage, Nash grabs a hold of Pillman, gets him in position.....and drives him straight through the wood. Only then is Michaels rage lessened and the five men step over the broken body and carry on towards their locker room.

Quote:

Before the next match we are shown a quick clip of the Hardys preparing for a big BIG challenge in Nelson Knight....and his partner Bobby obviously. They aren't alone though, the Legion of Doom are with them and Hawk and Animal have clearly taken Matt and Jeff under their wings as some kind of pet project. They are doing their best to fire up the youngsters and it seems to be working, because as The Hardys music begins to play in the arena, the two young men explode out of the locker room, ready to fight.

Rating: B-

Quote:

VS.

The Legion of Doom have obviously seen something that they like in this young Hardy team....although what it is we're not sure, because they couldn't be more of polar opposites. Hawk and Animal being all about pure brute strength.....while Matt and Jeff like to utilise their speed and agility.....and they need every bit of that speed and agility here....well, not so much against Bobby Knight, they manage to run rings around him....but their offence comes to a screeching halt once Nelson Knight tags himself in.

Nelson crushes the life out of Matt Hardy, as the Nation takes control....but the pair have obviously picked up that never say die attitude from the LoD, because nothing is keeping them down.....in fact they very nearly picked up the win....and probably would have done, had it not been for the emerging Harris Boys distraction. Big Nelson is able to use the distraction to roll his partner out of the way of a Swanton Bomb from Jeff, before flattening the youngster with a huge splash for the win.

Winner(s): The Nation of Domination
Rating: C+

Quote:

The Harris Boys climb into the ring and start laying the boots to an already flattened Jeff Hardy. Matt is in to try and stop the attack, but he's blindsided by the Knights who go to work on him. The Harris boys whip Jeff into the ropes, looking to hit that devastating H-Bomb on the rebound, but Jeff is able to hold on to the ropes, stopping his momentum....just as Matt escapes the clutches of the Knights and the two Hardy Boys both bail to the outside. The two youngsters look at the sea of mass in the ring, look at each other, shrug their shoulders.....and make their way back towards the ring. Lawler says that they are a pair of idiots going back into that ring outnumbered.....

.......when McMahon says they might not be so outnumbered after all. Hawk and Animal make their way to the ring all four men slide under the bottom rope together. The Legion of Doom go straight for the Nation members, leaving the Harris Boys for the Hardys. Bobby Knight is easily dispatched to the outside....and a huge double clothesline from Hawk and Animal sends Nelson Knight tumbling through the ropes. The Hardys have used the momentum of the L.o.D's arrival to gain the advantage on Ron and Don, with each of them getting whipped into an opposite corner. Matt positions himself on all fours in front of Don and Jeff runs the length of the ring, leaping off his brothers back and hitting a spinning heel kick to the prone Harris brother. They repeat the process on Ron Harris and the twins decide that enough is enough, bailing to the floor alongside the Knights.

The retreating heels vow revenge on the Hardys and the L.o.D, but Hawk and Animal are too busy congratulating Matt and Jeff on a job well done to care.

Quote:

We head to the back now, where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the Hart Foundation and The Steiner Brothers. Dok opens by asking about the condition of Brian Pillman. Bret says that Brian is banged up and in a lot of pain thanks to the KLiQ's cowardly gang attack earlier.....and just like that coward Jeff Jarrett, Steve Austin....who USED to be one of Brian's closest friends....just stood by and let it happen.....Bret says that he will deal with Austin on Sunday, but what people don't seem to realise, is that the WWF is under attack. The KLiQ are here to run rough shot over the whole company and they don't care who gets hurt along the way. Instead of standing back and letting that happen all of the WWF Superstars should be banding together, not watching the carnage unfold from a safe distance.....Owen knew that, so did Davey......the Steiner's....hell, even Jerry Lawler stood up and did something......and on Sunday night, my brother Owen is going to hand the KLiQ its biggest blow yet.....because he's going to take that World Wrestling Federation Title, right from around Shawn Michaels smug waist.

Dok asks Owen how his shoulder is holding up after the abuse it took last week. No longer bandaged, Owen says he's spent the last seven days both rehabbing and resting. He rotates his arm saying that he's still in some pain, but not enough to keep him out of that ring.....and no where near enough to stop him from capturing the WWF Championship on Sunday. He says that tonight, Shawn Michaels, Hall....Nash.....they're all going to get a taste of what's in store for them at In Your House.

Dok mentions that Hall and Nash have been very open about their desire to capture Tag Team gold...and this Sunday they finally get that opportunity as they......Hendrix doesn't get to finish his sentence, because Scott Steiner interrupts, shouting that the only thing that Hall and Nash have got the opportunity to do.....is have their asses handed to them by the Steiner Brothers...."see me and my brother, we worked too hard to have the privilege to wear these belts.....and Sunday night....the KLiQ....are going to get the privilege of having my boot.....straight up their ass."

With that the five men walk off, presumably to prepare for their match later this evening, leaving Hendrix to sign off back to Vince, but before the scene ends, we briefly see the lone figure of Jeff Jarrett lurking in the background, watching the Hitman walk away.

Quote:

VS.

After the news that he WILL in fact be eligible to challenge again for the Light Heavyweight Championship, Chris Jericho begins the long task of earning a shot tonight.....against the man that arguably cost him the title to begin with, Justin Credible. Obviously the KLiQ never travel alone though, so Credible is accompanied by the current WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Sean Waltman. The match itself is pretty good, although marred with the usual outside interferences that come hand in hand with any match involving the KLiQ, eventually though, Waltman sticks his nose in one too many times and gets evicted from the ringside area by the official, leaving Credible to go it alone. He screams at the official for the decision, but leaves himself wide open, allowing Jericho to catch him with a roll up that he transitions into a Liontamer.....and before you know it, Credible is crying out in submission.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Quote:

Jericho celebrates his victory, but quick as a flash he's attacked by a gold clad assailant......Goldust is back! We haven't seen the bizarre one since before Wrestlemania, when the then reigning Intercontinental Champion picked up an injury that forced him to forfeit his Title....although quite why he is attacking Chris Jericho is anyone's guess. After laying a beating to Lionheart, Goldust finally hooks him and drives him to the mat with the Curtain Call that leaves Jericho down and out. Damage done, the Bizarre One drops to a sitting position, drags the prone Jericho over to him and cradles his head on his lap where he proceeds to stroke Lionhearts long blonde hair.....much to the discomfort of the commentary team, who send us to commercial.

Quote:

We come back from commercial to a replay of last week, where the troubled Al Snow was introduced to a man that we assume to be a WWF appointed shrink....Dr. Simon Coe....

....before we come back to the live show and we are backstage, where Dr. Coe has set up a makeshift office, complete with "couch" which appears to be a chiropractor table with a black throw covering the foam. Al Snow is laid on the "couch" with Dr. Coe sat beside him, notepad in hand. He asks Al if he knows why he's here, but Al's not listening, he's deep in conversation with the voice in his head. The Doctor tries again, and again, until finally he slams his note pad down and yells "HEY!" Which finally gets Snows attention. Again he asks Snow if he knows why he's here. Snow says that he doesn't. Coe tells him that there are a lot of people worried about him....

"......about me? Why? I'm fine.......what?.......he didn't ask about you, he asked about me........ok, ok fine........sorry Doc, apparently 'we're fine'.....there are you happy now?......you always have to make it about you......"

Dr. Coe tells Al that this is exactly the problem.....and this is why he absolutely is not 'fine'. He tells him that 'Avatar' is not really there and the voices that he hears is his own subconscious trying to manifest his deepest, darkest desires. The Doctor lets a little giggle slip out, but soon manages to compose himself....he says that some people, they get tired of listening to the constant demands of their psyche.....eventually giving in and acquiescing to things we usually wouldn't....."tell me Al have you done anything that you know you shouldn't (giggle) something deeply wrong, but 'Avatar' just wouldn't stop talking until you did it?"

"........I have..........I.......shut up, I'm telling him......you made me do it, I need to get it off my chest........I don't care.......you made me do it.....twice!....."

"It's ok Al, this is a safe place, you can tell me (giggle) I won't tell anyone.....what did Avatar make you do?"

".......you won't tell anyone?.....he won't tell anyone......HE JUST SAID SO!!!......be quiet......last week Doc, I'm so ashamed.......I know we got away with it.....yes, there were no witnesses, but it's eating me up inside.....I need to tell somebody.....Dok last week......we snuck away from the rest of the boys....."

"Yes? What did you do?"

"...........we went...........to the movies and watched Barb Wire......twice!......oh my god that feels so good to finally get off my chest.......it's a horrible, horrible movie Doc, but it's got Pamela Anderson, and there's this scene at the beginning with water and........"

"THATS IT? A MOVIE?"

"It's a horrible, horrible movie Doc....but then there's this scene in a bath too and........"

"Ok, I think I've heard enough for today.....we'll meet again next week."

With that Doctor Coe abruptly leaves the room, muttering something about "just a damn movie" under his breath, leaving Al alone.....although Al is never really alone.

".........well he wanted to know........no I shouldn't have listened to you, that's what got me in this trouble in the first place......just leave me alone....."

Rating: C

Quote:

VS.

This is a huge test for the newcomer Rey Mysterio, because not only is Scorpio a former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion.....he was the FIRST Light Heavyweight Champion....couple that with the face that Mysterio has racked up more losses than wins since his arrival here in the World Wrestling Federation (albeit due to the interference of Hakushi on both occasions) means the little luchadore could really use a win. Scorpio however is looking for a path back towards the Title he lost at Wrestlemania....and losing to a newcomer isn't the way to get back into the title hunt.

Obviously both men put it all on the line for this one....and while Scorpio is no slouch, Mysterio is clearly the quicker of the two. Kama is there at ringside however, ensuring to make his presence felt any time the officials back is turned....and he WAS involved in the finish....just not the way he intended, because while drawing the attention of the referee, Halushi hit the ring, looking to inflict some more damage on Rey. Scorpio was happy to take the assist, hooking Mysterios arms behind his back so that Hakushi could hit his opponent with another dose of that deadly green mist. Unfortunately for Scorpio, Rey was able to wriggle free of his grasp....and Hakushi's spray only blinds Scorpio. Mysterio sends The White Ninja flying over the top rope and crashing into Kama. Scorpio struggles to his feet and Rey connects with a pinning Hurracanranna which he locks in tight for the three count.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Quote:

With Mysterio still celebrating his victory in the ring, we head to the back where Dok Hendrix is standing by with the man who will challenge for the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship at In Your House, Jerry Lynn. This is a bit of a fluff piece, trying to introduce Lynn to the World Wrestling Federation audience, who outside of seeing him in a handful of matches, aren't overly familiar with Jerry Lynn the man. Lynn talks about what a privilege it is to be able to challenge for this title live on Pay Per View, before speaking about his history with Sean Waltman, telling us that he and Waltman know each other very well, having wrestled each other all over the world, before either of them made it to the WWF....he says he knows what Waltman is going to do before he even does it. Dok says that while that may be the case, he needs to factor in the possibility that the rest of the KLiQ may have an influence in the match. Lynn says that he's taken that into account as well.....but like Chris Jericho proved earlier, even the mighty KLiQ can be stopped. Dok thanks Jerry, before wishing him luck as Lynn walks away. Hendrix is about to send us back to McMahon at commentary, when a huge arm draped over his shoulder as two men walk into view.....

......it's Barry Windham and Justin Bradshaw, the Texas Long Riders. They ask Dok, doesn't he have anything to ask them....or are they not important enough for him. Dok stutters over his words for a second as he is engulfed by the mass of the thick Texans, before regaining his composure and asking the Long Riders their thoughts on their upcoming Pay Per View match with the Smoking Gunns....and does the addition of Mr. Perfect serving as an advisor give them any causes for concern? Windham tells Dok that the only concern they have, is how many times they have to hand the Smoking Gunns their asses before they're done with them. Bradshaw says that just like Wrestlemania, you're going to see the Texas Long Riders heading off into the sunset with their hands raised, heading down that victory trail on their way to the WWF Tag Team Titles......and that, Windham says.....will be absolutely perfect.

Quote:

Back at ringside and the lights go out....usually signalling the arrival of The Undertaker.....tonight however the corner posts explode in fire and when the lights do come back on they cover the arena in a deep red shade signalling the arrival of Jim Cornette, his weapon of mass destruction Kane....and the deranged individual that is Mankind. They climb into the ring, where Cornette, never one to be lost for words, has a microphone in hand.

"Another week, another show.....and more importantly another no-show for your beloved Undertaker.....and yes you can boo, I would boo as well.....because believe me, there is no one more disappointed at the disappearance of the Deadman than us.....see Kane here, Kane is a very patient man.....he waited a long, long time, to finally get his hands on the Undertaker.....and for that to be it.....for the punishment to be over, almost before it even started....it's almost anticlimactic."

He goes on to say that sooner or later, the world will find out the reason that the Undertaker has taken a sabbatical....and it's not to lick his wounds....it's because he doesn't want to look this man Kane in the eye and have to both admit and atone for his sins.....but in the mean time, his boys will have to get their amusement elsewhere, and if that means taking apart these so called Son's of Samoa at In Your House, then so be it. He tells Yokozuna....Kokina....whatever you're calling yourself now.....you may say that myself and Fuji forced you to abandon your heritage and your identity....but we didn't have to try very hard to do it.....when we promised you titles, money, success, you couldn't throw down your grass skirt and coconut quick enough....and now, because things are suddenly not going your way, you're a good old Island Boy again, don't make me laugh....Rikishi, Kokina....by the time these two men are done with you, you're going to be swimming back to that island, as fast as your fat little arms will let you.

With that Kane raises his arms, before violently snapping then down, causing the corner posts to erupt again as we go to commercial.

Quote:

VS.

It's match time again, and unlike the earlier match featuring two men that the crowd can't stand in Faarooq and Hunter Hearst Helmsley, here we have two men that the crowd can get behind. With Ahmed being the more familiar of the two however, the fans are definitely behind him more, but that doesn't mean that Mero hasn't built up quite the following in his short tenure here. This is a good honest fought battle, with the two combatants shaking hands before locking up. Johnson is obviously the stronger of the pair, but Mero is deceptively quick and agile considering his size and both men use their strengths to their advantage.....although not one to be out done, Ahmed throws the odd high spot in their too, including a particularly good (as opposed to his usual clumsy) dive over the top rope to the floor that levels Mero.

The two battle back and forth, but in the end Ahmed's power proves the turning point, as when Mero whips him off the ropes and doubles over, looking for a backdrop attempt, Johnson is able to lock him in that position and hits a big Pearl River Plunge for the one, two, three.

Winner: Ahmed Johnson

Quote:

Following that contest we have a brief promo package, urging us to buy In Your House, this Sunday, only on Pay Per View.....and when we come back we are treated to the sight of Double J, Jeff Jarrett making his way to the ring.

Jarrett gets into the ring where he tells the crowd that he's sick and tired of Bret Hart raking his good name through the mud. He says that there is one thing he is not, and that's a coward......he's just a smart man....a very smart man, and a smart man knows when to pick his battles. He asks the audience why, why would he risk his own health and title aspirations.....to save a greasy haired little nobody like Bret Hart? He says that Hart walks around here calling himself the best there is, best there was and the best there ever will be.....but how can he be the best, when Double J, Jeff Jarrett is the greatest? That's the greatest singer, the greatest entertainer.....and THE greatest Wrestler in all of the World Wrestling Federation. He says if you don't believe me, just ask Owen Hart, who spent the last week as a one armed man, courtesy of yours truly.

"Hitman, I know you've got your hands full on Sunday with Steve Austin.....but if you manage to get past him.....and believe me, that's a big if.....I'll be waiting, to show you first hand....that Jeff Jarrett, is scared on nobody."

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the main event of the evening and we get a preview of the two World title matches that we have in store for us at In Your House, when Owen Hart tries to take the WWF Title away from Shawn Michaels....and the Steiner Brothers put the World Tag Team Titles on the line, against Hall and Nash of the KLiQ.

This might be a six man tag match, but there are ten people out there, because Bret Hart and The British Bulldog are out in the corner of Owen and the Steiner's.....and Waltman and Credible are lurking around the corner of the KLiQ. McMahon says that Brian Pillman, may well have been out there tonight as well, had the KLiQ not taken him out earlier in the evening. The match itself is very good, with all six participants giving their all. The KLiQ trifecta managed to isolate Owen, working over the arm that was weakened last week. Michaels spends a lot of time in the match, clearly wanting to weaken his opponent ahead of his title defence, but eventually Hart is able to make the hot tag out to Scott Steiner, who erupts like a madman into action. Both Steiner Brothers are keen to get a hold of Hall and Nash in particular, but any KLiQ member will seemingly do. Scott and Shawn have an exchange, which sees Steiner pressing the WWF Champion over his head, before depositing him over the top rope and down onto Waltman and Credible on the floor.

Owen puts it all on the line, as he climbs the top rope before flying all the way to the outside with a huge cross body onto the huddled group of Michaels, Credible and Waltman, just as Rick Steiner tackles Kevin Nash through the ropes and to the floor. That just leaves the two Scott's in the ring, Hall and Steiner....and its Steiner that comes out on top, connecting with a big Frankensteiner smack bang in the middle of the ring for the one, two, three.

Winner(s): Owen Hart & The Steiner Brothers

Quote:

The match is over, but the action is far from. The six men continue to brawl, with Bret and Davey pairing off against Waltman and Credible for good measure. The Steiner's battle Hall and Nash all the way up the aisle way, while the Hitman and the Bulldog brawl at ringside with the KLiQ's two newest members. That leaves Owen and Shawn to duke it out in the ring.

The two exchange a series of right hands, which Owen gets the better of, backing Michaels up into the ropes. He whips the WWF Champion off the opposite side of the ring and try's to connect with a clothesline, but Michaels ducks, rebounds off the ropes and connects with his patented flying forearm. Both men go down, but the Heartbreak Kid kips up and backs into the corner where he starts to tune up the band. Hart struggles to his feet and Shawn let's fly with Sweet Chin Music.......but Owen catches his foot......sweeps his other leg out from under him.....and turns Shawn over into the Sharpshooter.

The carnage at ringside continues and with no body there to save him, Michaels starts screaming out in pain, banging on the mat and clearly submitting to the hold, as Owen sits back, pulling the Sharpshooter even tighter as the show fades to black.

Rating: A

Final Rating: B

Last edited by to4sty : 05-22-2017 at 08:25 PM.