View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Major League

Week 4, July 1996
Lawrence Joel Coliseum
ATT: 14,600
TV: 16.16

Quote:

It's Monday night.....we are one day removed from In Your House....and as usual following a Pay Per View, Raw opens up with a recap of still shots from last night's event....(mainly focusing around the triple threat WWF Title match that saw Shawn Michaels successfully defend the gold against Scott Steiner and Steve Austin).....as well as the horrendous and vicious assault that followed. Due to the graphic and bloody nature, a lot of the shots are either black and white or censored, with Vince McMahon doing the voiceover, urging us to buy the encore presentation, because only there will you be able to see the full extent of the KLiQ's actions.

Speaking of the KLiQ, we don't have to wait long for them to make their presence known this evening, as before the announce team even have chance to welcome us to the show, the groups music begins to play and the septet make their way down the aisle looking very pleased with themselves. Still wearing every Title the WWF has to offer, they pass the announcers on their way to the ring, where Michaels knocks the headset off Vince McMahon, while Hall and Nash surround Lawler, with the Bad Guy leaning so close to him that Lawlers microphone picks up Hall telling him "Chico.....we heard you badmouthing us last night mang.....you didn't get a good enough beating last time you messed with the KLiQ? Not clever.....you might wanna watch what you say in the future." Nash shoves Lawler in the back and Hall messes up Jim Ross's hair, before the group finally climb into the ring, where Shawn Michaels takes the stick.

"Well, well, well....would you look at that....(pointing at each Championship in turn)....one, two, three, four.....four WWF Title Belts....still around the waist's of the KLiQ.....as if there was ever any doubt. Last night, YOU Scott Steiner, YOU Steve Austin.....and yes even you Bret Hart....learned the cold hard fact, that if you want to try and use the KLiQ as a stepping stone to the top around here....you'd better step hard...because when we step back, the results ain't pretty! I hope you two enjoyed your moment in the spotlight, because it's over now....finished....done.....you had your five minutes of fame courtesy of the WWF Champion, the Heartbreak Kid, now you can go back to your little tag teams and leave the big boys to fight over the big belt.

Bret Hart, in case you didn't realise, the beating you got last night, is NOTHING compared to what's in store for you at Summerslam. That feeling you got, while you were handcuffed and helpless....that feeling of my foot connecting with your face? You're going to look back on that memory....as the LAST TIME you were relevant in this business. At Wrestlemania I took your title....last night I took your family AND your dignity....at Summerslam.....I'm gonna take your career.......Why? Because I can."

That brings out WWF President, Gorilla Monsoon....and he does not look happy. He begins by telling the KLiQ that their actions last night were reprehensible and they should all be ashamed to call themselves Champions....

"....because believe me, I would love nothing more than to strip each and every one of you smug, sanctimonious individuals, of that prestigious gold that you're tarnishing just by wearing it.....Shawn Michaels, at Summerslam, I have every faith that The Hitman Bret Hart is more capable of defeating you.....Sean Waltman, you're going to have your hands full, when you go one on one with the man who EARNED his shot at the Light Heavyweight Title last night, Rey Mysterio......and Hunter Hearst Helmsley....or Triple H, whatever you prefer these days, you'll be facing the former Intercontinental Champion, the British Bulldog.....and as for Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, I haven't forgotten about you.....and you can thank your good buddy Shawn for this one, for giving me the idea.....because if you think that Scott Steiner and Steve Austin's only use around here are as tag team members.....and since neither of their usual partners are here tonight courtesy of YOUR actions last night.....how about they team up together, to face you two idiots.....for the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championships.......TONIGHT!"

To be honest, while the crowd pops for that, the KLiQ don't look too concerned about any of those matches....in fact Nash goes on to say that "....Steiner and Austin hate each other enough, that all me and Scott just have to do, is stand back and watch them destroy each other, then simply pick the bones at the end.....easiest payday I ever had..."

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the opening match of the evening, as Marc Mero goes up against the androgens one, Goldust. Mero came up short last night in his bid to take home the WWF Intercontinental Championship, although you could argue the case that he would be wearing the Gold right now, had the official not have been otherwise occupied with the hair pulling blondes at ringside.....speaking of blondes at ringside, we've got two out here again tonight.....this time however it's Sable and Marlena....who I'm sure is too much of a lady to stoop to those sorts of tactics.

The match itself is pretty good. The crowd are into it, considering it's a bit of a throwaway contest....although the crowd are vocal with pretty much everything Goldust does here in the WWF. He's another, much in the vein of Scott Steiner, who's gotten himself over with consistent good performances....had he not been struck down with injury while still holding the Intercontinental Championship, who knows where he could have been by now. Mero on the other hand has had a bit more of a hit and miss run as of late.....he came in with a bang, handing Hunter Hearst Helmsley his first loss here in the WWF, but has been unable to capitalise on that initial success, most notably with his two failed attempts at capturing Intercontinental gold himself.

So we had a pretty good match.....sullied as is often the case by the ending.....

.....as Chris Jericho came charging down the aisle. There was no sneaking about behind the officials back here though, as Jericho charged the ring and went right on the attack, tackling Goldust to the mat and letting lose with punches.....and poor old Mero, through no fault of his own finds himself disqualified.

Winner: Goldust (via Disqualification)
Rating: B

Quote:

It seems as though Goldust has finally got what his heart desires, the undivided attention of Chris Jericho....although now he's got it, he might realise that he never really wanted it to begin with, because Jericho is showing an aggressive streak that he hasn't displayed before. Clearly the constant attacks, along with the fact that the Bizarre One cost him the Light Heavyweight Title last night, have finally tipped Jericho over the edge. He finishes his assault by applying the Lion Tamer, his modified Boston Crab, which has Goldust screaming in agony and pounding the mat, until finally an army of officials manage to drag a p####d off Jericho away from his victim.

Jericho drops to the outside, where he picks up a microphone to let Goldust know that....."you wanted me? You wanted me to be your leading man? I'll be your leading man Goldust....I'll be leading this foot, right up your golden ass.....be careful what you wish for....because at Summerslam, you're going to find all your dreams shattered".....

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

Two teams of heavy hitters facing off here, with a whole lot of beef in that ring. The Godwinn's have hardly been tearing it up as of late here in the WWF....I guess pig farmers just don't have the appeal that they used to. The Nation on the other hand have been on a mission to live up to their name recently....and Dominate. Because after cutting the "dead wood" that was Bobby Knight out of the occasion, Kama and Big Nelson Knight have formed quite the formidable team.....and they show that tonight....finishing PiG off with a spinning sidewalk slam from Kama, followed up with a huge splash from Knight.

Winner(s): The Nation of Domination
Rating: C

Quote:

The match is over and the Godwinns head to the back looking disappointed, with another defeat under their belt (or under their overalls as it were) while the rest of the Nation enter the ring. Faarooq has a microphone in his hand and proceeds to tell the crowd that he knows that Owen Hart and the rest of the Hart Foundation aren't here tonight, but there's something they need to hear.....

"......so turn the sound up real loud back there in Calgary....so loud that even your senile old Daddy can hear what the Nation has to say. Owen Hart, you're probably wondering why....why the Nation has you in their sights.....but more importantly, why we didn't crush you like a bug last night when we had the chance.

The answer is simple.....you....and your whole family are the poster children for why the Brothers in the Nation are held back in this company.....the Great White Hope from the Great White North.....living a life of entitlement and opportunity, simply because your Daddy had a fetish about making young men scream in his basement. You've all lived off your name and family legacy for too long, awarded shot after shot, chance after chance.....the "man" bows and scrapes to your every need, while me and my brothers have to scratch and claw just for an opportunity to have an opportunity.

Now again, with Summerslam on the horizon, Bret Hart is Challenging for the WWF Championship......The British Bulldog has been handed a shot at the Intercontinental Championship.....MY Championship, a Championship that I was never pinned for....and a Championship that I NEVER had a rematch for.....why? I'll tell you why, because I was the first African American Intercontinental Champion....and as far as this company is concerned, I'll be the LAST African American Intercontinental Champion, because they clearly want to whitewash that Gold by keeping the Nation as far away from it as possible.....

Faarooq goes on to say that no member of the Nation had a match last night.....and unsurprisingly no member of the Nation has been offered a match at Summerslam either....."so we're taking matters into our own hands".....Faarooq then goes on to challenge Owen, to face him at the biggest event of the Summer....."where the Nation of Domination is going to put an end to your life of entitlement......by any means necessary"

Quote:

We come back from commercial to find Al Snow and an uncomfortable looking Bill DeMott standing in the middle of the ring. Snow has a far more serious look on his face than his usual happy go lucky expression....and you know he means business, because he's left Head in the back. He has however got a microphone, which he uses to speak to the crowd.....

"You all saw what happened last night right? And I'm not talking about the KLiQ bouncing people off of steel steps for fun....I mean earlier than that.....when some pasty faced Guy Fawkes looking thing, appeared up on that video screen, rambled on for a little bit....and then set his Dogs on us.....(turns to DeMott).....that was "Him" right? The guy that's had you shaking in your boots for the last few weeks?"

Bill nods, giggles, then nods again, telling Al that yes, that is indeed "Him". Snow shakes his head, saying he doesn't see what the big deal is...."so he's got a creepy black hat.....Head has a whole collection of hats, I just bought her a new summer time one this morning.....always wear a hat in the sun children....that's a public safety announcement from your Uncle Al." Snow says that they can solve this problem right now, "He" can let his Dogs off their leash one more time.....and they can come down to this ring and try to attack us again....and this time our backs won't be turned.....and THEN....if "He" is really a he under that mask....and he's got the nuts.....HE can face ME at Summerslam-ee.

Much like last night, the video screen flickers to life in a sea of static, before it once again clears to a black screen with a lone spotlight shining down....and He walks into shot. Same black cloak, same black hat, same mask.....same voice distortion....

"There seems to be some misconception here.....you actually think that you're free to call the shots? Do you not realise that you're nothing more than a puppet to be picked up and played with at my discretion....for my amusement.....and the rules of the game are mine to create......

Al interrupts here, he angrily shouts at the screen that "I'VE GOT NO STRINGS TO HOLD ME DOWN....THERE ARE NO STRINGS ON ME!!!" (Alright Pinocchio calm down) before telling Him to send his Dog's down here, so that he and Bill can neuter them.....and then, I'm coming for you!

"But that's where you're wrong....just because you can't see the strings, doesn't mean they're not there....and it doesn't mean I don't control them....life is just a game, until I decide to take the board away....trials come in three's and to get to me there's a price that must be paid....next week it begins.....first we send in the Clown....then the Angel with the Broken Wings.....and finally the Dog's of War....and then and only then, will you be granted an audience with the man behind the mask.....as for tonight, the games are over."

With that the screen returns to static, leaving Al and DeMott stood in the centre of the ring, with nothing to do but wait for next week and the first "trial"

Quote:

While Snow and DeMott exit the ring to make room for the next match of the evening, we air a quick promo videos featuring Bart Gunn's rehabilitation back to full health, following the vicious assault from his partner Billy that left the man in a neck brace. Nothing earth shattering here, just a transitional video between the last segment and the next match that ends with Bart telling the camera that he's going to be back in time for Summerslam, stronger than ever....and Billy Gunn and Mr. Perfect, can executively consult on how it feels to have his big cowboy boot up their ass.

Rating: C+

Quote:

VS.

Speaking of Billy Gunn, he's in action next, squaring up against the embarrassment of the Lumbee Indians if his recent win/loss ratio is anything to go by, Tatanka. The Native American has really been in a slump since his exit from the Million Dollar Corporation and has really transcended to a bit of a jobber to the stars....tonight is no different....he puts up a valiant effort but Gunn puts him away easily enough with the Famouser.

Winner: Billy Gunn
Rating: B-

Quote:

We head to the back, where Scott Steiner and Steve Austin have obviously been informed about their Title match coming up......not that they appear to be too thrilled about it....because they are currently being separated by a slew of backstage personnel, who are doing their best to stop the two men killing each other, in between the insults and threats that they are throwing at each other.

Vince McMahon remarks that he highly doubts that these two men will be able to co-exist long enough to make it to the ring, let alone work together (because they will have to) to defeat the KLiQ tonight. Lawler says that if they had any sense, they would do the world a favour, kick Scott Hall and Kevin Nash's asses, take the titles, then if they still want to kill each other after, go right ahead.

We cut away from the chaos, just as Steiner is calling Austin "nothing but a white trash redneck" while Stone Cold retorts that his partner tonight is a "big jacked up jackass"....back to ringside folks.

Quote:

Back to ringside where for the first time in quite a few months, the Monday Night Raw audience are treated to the most impressive entrance here in the WWF....as The Undertaker makes his long awaited return to the flagship show. Accompanied as always by his manager Paul Bearer, he makes his methodical walk down the aisle way before slowly entering the ring with a microphone.....it looks like the Deadman has something to say. He addresses the crowd, telling them that he had been gone because when he looked into the eyes of Kane, as far as he was concerned he was looking into the eyes of, not his baby brother, but a ghost who died 20 years ago. He goes on to say that despite what Jim Cornette had been spewing since his departure, the Undertaker was NOT responsible for the fire that claimed the life of his parents....and presumably his little brother......but it was in fact Kane that started that fire....Kane who had been troubled, all his young life.....Kane who had been transfixed on the flames that burned.....Kane who was a pyromaniac, with no control over his desire to watch the world burn.....he says he prayed for years, that if his parents were truly going to be gone, that at least Kane could have been spared.....

"......that at least my baby brother could have survived the blaze that killed our parents......so that I could make him suffer, the way that our parents suffered.....crying out in agony as the flames washed over them, searing heat that blackened their bones and made their eye balls explode in their sockets......and so when the unthinkable happened....and Kane returned, like a Phoenix rising from the ashes.....I knew I needed to leave.....I needed to retreat to Death Valley.....because if I had stayed, there's no telling what hells I would have sunk to, to take my vengeance on the family, that destroyed my family."

He says that he's finally at a place where he rage is controlled enough, that he can finally be in the ring with Kane...."and not commit homicide live on TV.....so Kane.....Summerslam is looming on the horizon.....and it's time for Big Brother to take you out to the whipping shed boy."

"Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute....wait just one minute......"

That didn't take long....never one to miss an opportunity to talk, Jim Cornette has made his way out from the back....and he's bought his monsters with him.....

"First of all, everything you've just said is false.....my name is James E. Cornette and my word is my bond, so when I tell you that your hero there, The Undertaker, is a murderer, you know I'm telling the truth, because Jim Cornette would never tell a lie......second of all Deadman....we've been coming out here week after week, destroying people and calling you out....and we got nothing, nada, zilch....and now, because you've decided to come back from your self imposed exile, Kane is supposed to just drop to his knees kiss your feet, and thank you for finally paying him some attention? Well it ain't gonna work like that....he's not the 10 year old boy you used to push about and bully and tell what to do....no, he's a seven foot monster of a man....more of a man that you'll ever be....and for once, you're doing things HIS way.....so as far as your match at Summerslam goes.....YES, we accept....but NO, it will NOT be against Kane.....because at Summerslam, you're going to be facing the misunderstood maestro, Mankind!"

Quote:

VS.

Ahmed Johnson could really do with something to kickstart his career, because recently, despite still having a strong following in the crowd, he's not had a storyline per-say since back at Wrestlemania. Maybe a victory over big Sid would set him back on the right track.....Sid however is coming into this one hot on the heels of the best match of his career, and even though he came out on the losing end against Bret Hart, he hardly lost in convincing fashion, as the Hitman caught him with a roll up.

As far as the match goes, it's two big strong bulls, butting heads and attempting to our power each other. Ahmed showed the world his cheeky side, as his buttocks chewed on his tights, while Sid's tights were firmly up over his belly button. In the end though, Ahmed tweaked his back attempting an ambitious Pearl River Plunge on the 300+ pounder. Sid capitalised on this mistake....and one Powerbomb later, picked up the victory.

Winner: Psycho Sid

Quote:

DiBiase enters the ring alongside his victorious client, microphone in hand, where he addresses the Steiner Brothers. He tells them that last night was a perfect example of what he had been offering them....."back up....support.....this mountain of a man beside me, looking out for your best interests....do you really think that the KLiQ would have been able to have their way with you, if Sid had been there to stop it? Scott, you could have been standing here tonight, wearing a fitted custom $6000 suit.....you could have been standing here....as the WWF Champion.....and Rick, you could have been standing here full stop, instead of sitting at home nursing your bumps and bruises.....the offer still stands boys, but I'm getting impatient and I don't like being kept waiting.....just give into the inevitable, because at the end of the day, everybody has a price, for the Million Dollar Man, HaHaHaHaHa!"

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the main event of the evening....and a rare title match here on Monday Night Raw.....as the KLiQ contingent of Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, put the WWF Tag Team Championships on the line against the unlikely team of Scott Steiner and Steve Austin.....although truth be told, the duo are about as far away from a cohesive unit as two men can get.....and both are still sporting the scars from last night's bloody battle....although they are wearing matching bandages so perhaps we'll make a team out of them yet.

So confident are Hall and Nash that their two opponents won't be able to function on the same page, that they have left the remaining KLiQ members in the back and look about as cocky as you can get. Lawler remarks that he hopes either Austin or Steiner knock that smug look off their faces, which is when McMahon reminds him to be careful what he says, because the KLiQ have already made veiled threats towards him.

The match gets underway and to be fair the challengers get off to a strong start....but not so much because they are working as a unit and more to do with the fact that they are clearly attempting to one up each other. In fact the open hostility is never more obvious than with each tag, because instead of the conventional clap of hands, these two are slapping each other across the chest and back to bring in the fresh man.

The KLiQ manage to take control of the match, working over Scott Steiner, who is in desperate need of tagging out to his "partner". When the time comes however and he finally makes it over to his corner, Austin stands stone faced, with his hands by his sides, making no effort to tag himself in.....so Steiner takes matters into his own hands.....literally.....tagging Stone Cold into the match with another slap....not on the chest or the back however, this time he slaps him square in the face. Austin pauses for a moment, staring a hole through Steiner....then proceeds to return the favour, and Steiner is on the receiving end of a slap about the the face.

Much to Hall and Nash's amusement, it soon breaks down from here and the partners turn to enemies as they lay into each other with fist after fist. Steiner tackles Austin at the waist and the two tumble to the outside, where they go about doing their best demolition derby routine, bouncing each other's already battered bodies off steel steps and ring posts, leaving the official little option but to count the two men out and award the match to the KLiQ.

Winner(s): ......and STILL....WWF Tag Team Champions, The KLiQ (via Count Out)

Quote:

The official hands the KLiQ their belts and the two men celebrate their victory, while the carnage on the floor continues. Nash screams threats of violence towards the times keeper, demanding that he hands the Champions a steel chair each. He complies and suddenly the KLiQ are armed.....surprisingly however they simply unfold the furniture, set them down in the middle of the ring....then take a seat, laughing to themselves as they watch Steiner and Austin ripping each other to shreds.

Oblivious to their audience of two watching on from the ring, Steiner and Austin pick up where they left off last night in an all out assault of each other....and while it's nowhere near as graphic as the prior evening, the TV audience is treated to a little bit of colour, as both men manage to re-open the wounds on their heads, which amuses the KLiQ no end as Nash and Hall sit on their chairs, mock wiping blood from their eyes and bumping into each other as if they can't see.

Steiner and Austin wind up back inside the ring, where Stone Cold backs Scotty into the corner and begins laying into him with right hands....Steiner is finally able to block it however and reverses it, spinning Austin into the corner and delivering a series of punches of his own. The battling pair slowly fight their way out of the corner......which is when Hall and Nash lay them both out with a chair shot across the back.....rookie mistake from Austin and Steiner there, who have both been in the business long enough to know that you don't turn your back on two men like Big Sexy and the Bad Guy. One Jacknife to Steiner and a Razors Edge to Austin later and the KLiQ are standing tall again....which means that in the space of two nights Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, The Steiner Brothers and The Hart Foundation have all fallen victim to the viciousness of the KLiQ and the show ends with Hall and Nash, each with a foot placed on the chest of their respective victims and the WWF Tag Team Championships held high in the air.

Final Rating: B+

Last edited by to4sty : 07-13-2017 at 03:12 PM.