View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2017, 03:31 PM
Major League

NJPW Destruction in Hiroshima
Saturday, Week 3, September 2017
Hiroshima Sun Plaza
6,040 Attendance
Show Rating 85 B+

Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa defeated Tomoyuki Oka & Katsuya Kitamura in 11:01 when Tama Tonga hit a Gun Stun on Oka. 71 C+
Another great performance for the young lions pushing the former tag champs to a longer match than some expected. Post-match Kitamura told the media waiting that this wouldn't be the last they see of himself and Kitamura teaming together saying that their main aim is to prove themselves worthy of being in the World Tag League later in the year.

Zack Sabre Jr, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Lance Archer, Takashi Iizuka & Taka Michinoku defeated Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Hanson &
Raymond Rowe in 9:54 when Zack Sabre Jr forced Satoshi Kojima to tap out to Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than The Last; The Inexorable March of Progress Will Lead Us All to Happiness. 67 C+

BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi defeated Will Ospreay & Rocky Romero in 17:21 in a tremendous match when Hiromu hit his Time Bomb on Rocky Romero after BUSHI sprayed mist in his face. 87 B+
BUSHI and Hiromu have good chemistry when teaming together... Interesting.

Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Kota Ibushi & Hirai Kawato in 14:44 when Bad Luck Fale pinned Hirai Kawato following a Bad Luck Fall 81 B

Tetsuya Naito, EVIL & SANADA defeated Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI in 20:10 when EVIL pinned YOSHI-HASHI with EVIL. 88 B+

Post-match Los Ingobernables continued their beatdown on the Chaos members with Hiromu and BUSHI coming down to the ring to help out by setting up a pile of chairs with EVIL slamming Okada down on top of them with Darkness Falls. Okada was helped to the back with multiple ice packs on his upper back by the young lions.

Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet defeated Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru to make their first defence of their IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Titles in 13:05 when Ricochet pinned Taichi after a shooting star press. 78 B

KUSHIDA defeated El Desperado to make his second defence of his IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title in 15:43 when he pinned Despy with Back to the Future 80 B

Michael Elgin defeated Minoru Suzuki to win the NEVER Openweight in 21:26 when Elgin used a Burning Hammer after Minoru kicked out of an Elgin Bomb. 87 B+
Post-match Minoru was talking backstage to the media until Tomoyuki Oka and Yuji Nagata walked past, Minoru who was clearly not in a great mood decided to take out his aggression on the two leaving them laid out on the ground.

Quote:
Thanks for reading!

Predictions:
2Sweet: 8/8 (14/16)
dean: 8/8 (15/16)
Rateddc: 8/8 (8/8)
Uncrewed: 7/8 (15/16)
Liger!Liger! : 7/8 (7/8)
Rainmaker: 6/8 (12/16)
Atticus: 6/8 (11/16)
Kijar: 5/8 (10/16)
Stevens150: 4/8 (4/8)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
Were you able to run the full G1 without having major stamina problems with the workers? I love the length of the G1 and wanted to run that style for my tournament but I was afraid of having stamina problems. Also, what were your product settings? I'm running PGHW with 90% intensity and extreme injury settings (which I continue to want to use because it is the most realistic imo) and with the wrestlers in my tournament wrestling only 5 matches 2 of the guys got injured and had to miss the rest of the tournament.
I've done G1 Style tournaments in 90s AJPW with 90/90 in product for intensity and never had a huge problem, when you get to the last few matches guys will say they need a break but that's also kinda realistic when you see the injury problems that people work through in the G1, I'd say run shows Sat/Sun/Wed/Thurs with 5 shows in Week 4 adding in the final which gives you 2 blocks of 9 complete. Don't run tag matches in the off days including guys in the tournament, it's not like real life but also cuts down to 2 matches a week for the top guys.