New Japan Pro Wrestling

Top 5 Stars:

1) Masahiro Chrono (795 points)
2) Riki Choshu (793)
3) Tatsumi Fujinami (602)
4) Manabu Nakanishi (545)
5) N/A

Total Points: 2,735

I put down the report from the Observer with a sigh. I hadn't expected to surpass Vince overnight or anything, but it was still a bit disappointing to see how much ground we still have to make up when it comes to establishing stars, stars on the level that make casual fans tune in. If Rocky went to Hollywood full-time this would be a very different fight, but as things currently stand, we're going to have a tough time matching the kind of drawing power that guy brings to the table.

We're a lot closer in Japan though, and that's in large part due to the great television exposure we've had over there with TV Asahi. Our coverage in the US was well below that level until recently, but hopefully we'll see the deal with USA Network pay dividends in the future.

It's the future that I believe in. It's the guys like Rey Mysterio Jr., CM Punk and Jeff Hardy who will lead the way in WCW's future. But what about the present? Is there something I could do, a move I could make, a star I could acquire, that could bridge the gap right now and let us go toe to toe with Vince immediately?

Time to give it some thought. I hear that several of Vince's wrestlers are due for renegotiation over the next month or so. Maybe one of them could be a difference maker? Or maybe there's a free agent out there who could draw some new eyeballs to Nitro?

....And we're back! A new year, and a new format incoming for Heart and Soul. You'll see it in my next post, which will be the setup for Unified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMike View Post
I second this, he's above average on the mic.
"Above Average" is actually a pretty fitting description of his microphone skills in the game. Only slightly above average though, and there's nothing else about him that reaches that level. Aside from that, I never really cared about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
It's very appropriate for Dusty to be bandaged in his HOF photo - hardly the first willing bleeder in wrestling, but one of the best for raising drama that way.
Hence all the scar tissue on his forehead! He gave Abdullah a run for his money in that department!