View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2018, 08:33 PM
All Star

Default May 2003 Renaissance Update and June 2003 National Battle Report

Quote:
May 2003 Update

-The month was built around the opening round of the tag team title tournament, with three of the four shows featuring a tournament match in the main event (and the odd week out had a world title match in the prime spot.) The first round played out as follows:

May 10th: Chigusa Nagayo and Meiko Satomura over Daffney and LuFisto
May 17th: Our Generation over Takako Inoue and Katarina Waters
May 24th: Manami Toyota and Toshiyo Yamada over Las Cachorras Orientales (Etsuko Mita and her old partner Mima Shimoda, in on a one night deal)
May 31st: Aja Kong and Devil Masami over Kyoko Inoue and Momoe Nakanishi

Looking ahead to the next two weeks, the semifinals will look like this:
June 7th: Chigusa Nagayo and Meiko Satomura vs. Our Generation
June 14th: Manami Toyota and Toshiyo Yamada vs. Aja Kong and Devil Masami

Quote:
Show Summaries:

5/10:

5/17:

Notes from this show:
-Lisa Moretti is nowhere near the performer Manami Toyota is, and it showed during their match.

5/24:

Notes from this show:
-Kaori Yoneyama cheered up the locker room by providing food for everyone.

5/31:

Notes from this show:
-Kyoko Inoue and Shinobu Kandori were apparently having a great time backstage before the show, and it lifted the overall mood.

National Battle Report: June 2003

Quote:

USA

#1:

World Championship Wrestling

Top 5 Stars:

1) Steve Austin (1000 points)
2) Bill Goldberg (965)
3) Rey Mysterio Jr. (786)
4) CM Punk (755)
5) Rob Van Dam (738)

Total Points: 4,244

#2:

World Wrestling Entertainment

Top 5 Stars:

1) The Rock (1000 points)
2) Hollywood Hogan (855)
3) The Undertaker (810)
4) Triple H (807)
5) Big Show (728)

Total Points: 4,200

Quote:

British Isles

#1:

Top 5 Stars:

2) Hollywood Hogan (881)
3) The Undertaker (810)
4) Triple H (797)
5) Big Show (734)

Total Points: 4,222

#2:

Top 5 Stars:

1) Steve Austin (1000 points)
2) Bill Goldberg (962)
3) Rey Mysterio Jr. (775)
4) Scott Steiner (706)
5) Rob Van Dam (705)

Total Points: 4,148

Quote:

Japan

#1:

Top 5 Stars:

1) Steve Austin (995 points)
2) Bill Goldberg (964)
3) Rey Mysterio Jr. (821)
4) CM Punk (812)
5) Rob Van Dam (751)

Total Points: 4,343

#2:

Top 5 Stars:

2) Hollywood Hogan (865)
3) Triple H (819)
4) The Undertaker (809)
5) Kurt Angle (732)

Total Points: 4,225

Quote:
June 1st

I could just imagine the snarl on Vince's face when he was handed the latest issue of the Observer. He was still drawing bigger houses, larger TV ratings and PPV buy rates and making more money, but the walls were closing in. The additions of Austin and now Goldberg were huge, and when combined with the elevation of Mysterio and Punk into the upper echelon, we now had the bigger star power in the eyes of the sheets. This business is built on stars, as Vince well knows. If we can keep this up, we could be breathing down his neck by the end of the year.

He might have stolen Booker T, but I responded in turn by signing away Eddie Guerrero, who fits our product better. He tried to deal us a major blow by taking Rey as well, but we re-signed him and he'll remain a key piece for us in this fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncrewed View Post
Dixie owning WCW with Heyman as booker would have been very interesting. If I remember correctly, that was supposed to happen to TNA in 2010.
Yep. I think Heyman asked for a percentage of ownership that prevented that from happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnikuniverse View Post
Just to tell you, I don't have the game on me anymore, as I cleaned up my computer to make some space. And I don't want to pay again for it, so I can't play as WWE.
You'd only need the game if you were to book one of the big 3 WWE shows, so you can just choose an optional prize if it comes down to that. You wouldn't need the game to do either this Raw/ECW draft or the UFS draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
To the last two posters. There are explicit instructions on how to unlicense the game for either moving to a new computer or wiping an existing one. You only ever have to pay for the game once EVER. There are also explicit instructions on how to recover your license if you need to do it. It might take a week to do, but it involves sending one or two emails. Go to the tech support forum section for the game to find out how to do either. I moved literally everything two Christmases ago, and it was super-easy.
Yeah, I had to contact GDS to unlicense TEW2013 when my old laptop died. I think they did it within a day or two, and then I moved it to a different computer. Painless and easy.