View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Low Minors

Default WWF Superstars & Challenge #1 (03/05, 03/06)

WWF Superstars of Wrestling #1

March 5th, 1987

From the Binghamton Events Center in Binghamton, New York

Attendance: 7,500 (Sold-Out!)

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura

Quote:

The show kicks off with a backstage promo involving the WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan. Hogan says that despite his highly anticipated WrestleMania match against Andre The Giant, he's fully focused on tonight's main event against Nikolai Volkoff.

Hulk Hogan: "In three weeks' time, I go to battle with a giant, in what could be the biggest challenge of my life, brother! Despite that, tonight I'm fully focused to face you head on. It's just you and me tonight, brother! So, I only got one question... Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?"

Quote:

Normal, Non-Title, Tag Team Match

The Rougeau Brothers Vs. The Hart Foundation

We kick off the first match of the night, with tag team action as The Rougeau Brothers look to pull an upset over the reigning WWF World Tag Team Champions. McMahon mentioned that if The Rougeau Brothers could pull off the upset, they could perhaps face The Hart Foundation for the tag titles at WrestleMania. Serving as more motivation, The Rougeau Brothers stepped up their games in this one. They looked good throughout but fell short late in the match. Bret Hart locked the Sharpshooter on Raymond Rougeau, eventually giving the champions the submission victory.

Winners: The Hart Foundation

Match Time: 10:01

Finish: Sharpshooter by Bret Hart on Raymond Rougeau leads to submission.

Quote:

After the match ended, The Rougeau Brothers headed to the back while the WWF World Tag Team Champions remained in the ring. Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart would than cut a promo on the tag team division, demanding that they "step up".

Bret Hart: "The tag team division here in the World Wrestling Federation is nothing but weak. You can ensure that if you line up the competition, we'll knock em' down. So, my message to the tag teams backstage is quite simple... Step up. Because if you don't, you'll never take these tag team titles off of us."

Bret Hart drops the microphone in the middle of the ring, as he and Jim Neidhart head to the back.

Quote:

We head to the backstage, where Jimmy Hart and The Honky Tonk Man gloat over Honky's vicious assault of Jake Roberts on Superstars of Wrestling back in February. The Honky Tonk Man claims that he has no regrets of the guitar strike to Roberts and promises that come WrestleMania, he'll have no problem doing it again.

Honky Tonk Man: "Ya know, every day I'm asked if I regret what I did to Jake Roberts in his own "Snake Pit" and every day I tell them, yeah, I do... I regret that I didn't hit that slimy little snake harder, cause now I got a match against him at WrestleMania III. That's okay though, because I got even more in store for him. In Detroit Rock City, everyone is going to witness my greatest hit ever!"

Quote:
Normal, Singles Match

Junkyard Dog Vs. Dino Bravo

With his match against Harley Race only a few weeks away, Junkyard Dog had to remain calm and focus, as he had the Canadian strongman, Dino Bravo to face tonight. Bravo took it to Junkyard Dog, with some strong offensive moves. Though, Junkyard Dog came back with some strong offensive moves of his own. Determined to keep his momentum going, Junkyard Dog fought back with some dog headbutts, that led to him delivering the Thump. The finishing move earned Junkyard Dog a big pop from the crowd as he went for the pinfall victory.

Winner: Junkyard Dog

Match Time: 7:57

Finish: Junkyard Dog delivers Thump! To earn the pin.

Quote:
A video is played showcasing the rivalry that has been brewing between Adrian Adonis and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. The ending of the video displays that Piper will be on Superstars of Wrestling next week to address the upcoming Hair Vs. Hair match at WrestleMania III.

Quote:

We're backstage with WWF Intercontinental Champion, Randy Savage and the lovely, Miss Elizabeth. Savage wasted no time in promising that come WrestleMania, he'll defeat Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and retain his prestigious championship. Afterwards, he expressed his disappointment in the count out win over George Steele on the final Saturday Night's Main Event. Savage would make sure to address that he'll get the rightful win over "The Animal" next week.

Randy Savage: "Next week, the Macho Man and The Animal clash once again, only this time, that match won't end in a count out. Oh no, that match is going to end when the Macho Man drops the elbow and gets a one-two-three! And Steamboat, I hope you're watching because at WrestleMania III, the same is going to go for you! OOOOOHHHHHHH YEAAAAHH!

Quote:
Normal, Non-Title, Singles Match

Hulk Hogan Vs. Nikolai Volkoff (/w Slick)

The Hulkster knew he was going to have his hands full tonight, as he took on the Russian brute, Nikolai Volkoff, who's a former WWF tag team champion. From the opening bell, Nikolai went all out on Hogan, delivering vicious strikes and showing his aggressive side. Perhaps, Volkoff was too aggressive, as he rarely attempted any pins when he had the opportunity. Volkoff delivered a ton of punishment to Hogan, ensuring that Hogan didn't make it to WrestleMania. At times, Hogan would attempt to make a comeback but Slick would stop his comebacks, by getting involved when the referee was distracted by Nikolai. The fans began to cheer Hogan on, hoping for a major comeback. Hogan did just that, as he began to "Hulk Up" once Volkoff delivered a couple of strikes to Hogan's face. Hogan blocked the third strike and began to unload a series of strikes of his own. Hogan then knocked Nikolai down hard with a big boot to the face and delivered the big leg drop to earn the win.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Match Time: 8:26

Finish: Leg Drop by Hogan leads to the pin.

Quote:

The crowd went crazy for Hogan, as he celebrated inside the ring. Volkoff laid fallen outside the ring, as Slick began looking up towards the ramp expecting somebody.

Suddenly...

The Iron Sheik showed up, ran down to the ring and ambushed Hulk Hogan from behind. It didn't take long for Volkoff to get back on his feet and join in on the assault. Though, both men couldn't keep the Hulkster down, as Hogan began to overcome the odds. He fought both men off, sent them over the top ropes with a double clothline and stood tall inside the ring. As Hogan celebrated once again, Slick and his men retreated up the ramp.

TV Rating: 1.35 (1,014,470 Viewers)

Show Overall Grade

Quote:
Backstage Incidents

• Junkyard Dog was clearly wasted on drugs during his match against Dino Bravo. It's being reported that Vince McMahon gave Junkyard Dog a slap on the wrist. Word backstage has it that it only worsened his behavior.

WWF Wrestling Challenge #1

March 6th, 1987

From the Carnesecca Arena in Queens, New York

Attendance: 6,008 (Sold-Out)

Announce Team: Lord Alfred Hayes and Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
The Rougeau Brothers defeated The Wild Samoans when Jacques performed a Boston Crab on Afa in 9:14. (C+,67)

The young Velvet McIntyre defeated Leilani Kai when she performed an McIntyre Roll to earn the pinfall at 7:04. (C-,56)

The former WWF tag team champions, The British Bulldogs, talked about how they'll reclaim their titles and show The Hart Foundation whose really weak. (C,62)

The Junkyard Dog hyped his WrestleMania match against Harley Race, saying his parents taught him to never bow to any man and he isn't going to start now. (B,78)

Hercules got the win over Koko B. Ware in 8:26 when he delivered the backbreaker rack to earn the pin. (C,64)

Gene Okerlund interviewed Ricky Steamboat about his thoughts on Randy Savage. Steamboat said that he'll be there to watch Savage's match and come WrestleMania, he'll be there to take the WWF Intercontinental Championship. (B,82)

In the main event, Tito Santana came across a big win when he defeated Magnificent Muraco with the Figure Four Leglock in 8:08. (B-,76)

TV Rating: 0.49 (369,670 Viewers)

Show Overall Grade

Quote:
Backstage Incidents
N/A

This Week's News
• Rick Rude forms a band and could be headed for a future music career.

• Masa Saito won the vacant IWGP Heavyweight title by defeating Akira Maeda during Monday's NJPW Tour. The match received an A star from The Wrestling Observer.

• Roddy Piper is undecided on whether he will retire after WrestleMania III. Many feel he'll stick around but only time will tell.

• The Rougeau Brothers caused an altercation with Muraco, which almost led to a fight. A slap on the wrist was given to the brothers

• Fans seemed to have noticed that Jimmy Snuka has looked a little heavier than normal recently. Some close to Snuka have said that he hasn't been keeping himself in fighting shape and that he may be suffering from a lack of motivation. The 43 year old has yet to comment.

• The WWF has reportedly released Barry Orton, due to the negative influence he has been having on the backstage locker room. His contract was rumored to end in 22 days but WWF decided to pull the plug early on Sunday, March 8th 1987.

Last edited by 123Kidd : 06-17-2018 at 12:14 PM.