Unread 02-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Major League

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13
Thursday, Week 1, January 2018
Tokyo Dome, Tokyo
52,798 Attendance
Show Rating 100 A*

2019 Wrestle Kingdom Rumble
Kaito Kiyomiya entered the rumble at number 2 and came out victorious eliminating six other men with Suwama being the last to be taken out being thrown over the top rope.

BUSHI & Volador Jr defeated SHO & YOH in 13:40 when BUSHI used MX on YOH 83 B+
BUSHI & Volador Jr become the 56th IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Champions

Shuji Ishikawa defeated Tomohiro Ishii in 15:58 when Shuji used Splash Mountain 85 B+
Shuji Ishikawa makes defence number 4 of the AJPW Triple Crown

Daichi Hashimoto, Jake Lee & Naoya Nomura defeated Michael Elgin, Raymond Rowe & Hanson in 4:42 when Jake Lee rolled up Rowe

Daichi Hashimoto, Jake Lee & Naoya Nomura defeated Bad Luck Fale, Jeff Cobb & Tama Tonga in 8:05 when Naoya used a Death Valley Bomb on Tama Tonga

KUSHIDA, Kota Ibushi & Juice Robinson defeated Daichi Hashimoto, Jake Lee & Naoya Nomura in 10:59 when Ibushi used the Last Ride Powerbomb on Daichi 77 B
KUSHIDA, Kota Ibushi & Juice Robinson makes defence number 3 of the NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Titles

KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji defeated SANADA & WHIRO in 16:31 when Marufuji used an Emerald Flowsion on WHIRO after SANADA accidentally attacked his own partner 93 A
KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji makes defence number 6 of the IWGP Tag Team Titles

After the match there was some animosity between SANADA & WHIRO until BUSHI who accompanied his LIJ stablemates to the ring calmed them down and walked them to the exit.

WALTER defeated EVIL in 14:13 when WALTER used a Lariat 90 A
WALTER makes defence number 3 of the IWGP United States Title

Hiromu Takahashi defeated Will Ospreay in 18:50 when Hiromu used Timebomb 87 B+
Hiromu Takahashi makes defence number 3 of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title

In his interview backstage after the match, Ospreay wondered aloud and questioned his future after failing to win. He said that he'd be on the show tomorrow but mentioned nothing was certain beyond that.

Kento Miyahara defeated Kenny Omega in 33:34 when Kento used a Shutdown German Suplex Hold 92 A
Kento Miyahara becomes the 18th IWGP Intercontinental Champion

Hirooki Goto defeated Kazuchika Okada in 29:37 when Goto used a low blow followed by Shouten Kai 98 A*
Hirooki Goto makes defence number 1 of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title

After the match Gedo pleaded with Red Shoes to try alert him to what happened leading up to the finish until Goto hit an apron powerbomb on Gedo.

Tetsuya Naito defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi in 35:20 when Naito used Destino 99 A*
Tetsuya Naito makes defence number 7 of the IWGP Heavyweight Title

Naito thanked the fans for coming to help him tonight and promised that he would see everyone again next year as Los Ingobernables de Japon would lead NJPW to a sellout.

Quote:
Thanks for reading!
Rainmaker: 6/10
southside_hitmen: 6/10
Jon The GOAR: 6/10
James The Animator: 5/10
Wolfman84: 5/10
Kijar: 5/10
Atticus: 5/10
Uncrewed: 4/10
Texasrangers13: 4/10
Rogue: 4/10
Hollywood: 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon The GOAT View Post
Not sure how much I like this card. Tanahashi I think doesn't need to main event anymore. Okada is way too huge for anything below IC/IWGP but shouldn't lose to Goto. Omega/Miyahara would be AMAZING to see. Takahashi/Ospreay just doesn't excite me anymore. WALTER is great. Happy to see him. He wouldve been fun against Goto. Sanada/WHIRO are young and would do real well to win a tag title. KENTA/Marufuji dont need titles, really.

Ishikawa/Ishii should be crazy fun too. I think its really just the NEVER/IWGP/Junior titles that bother me. Lot of fun matches outside of that. Some guys like Ibushi/KUSHIDA feel underutilized though.
It's definitely Tana's last huge push. Agree about Hiromu vs Ospreay and I'm not really happy about how I've booked the entire Jr division and it's something I want to do better this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body By THawk View Post
I do like Tana being in the main event and think there is money in one more Tanahashi Dome main event, but it would be against Okada IMO to give one final encore for their GOAT story.

Naito vs. Tana should do just as well tho! Naito's pop in your game may be so far above the others to where you cannot deny the position.
Naito & Tana are 6/7 popularity ahead of everyone else and wanted to get the last Tana push before he starts to enter time decline. Currently Okada's in a bit of a strange position as I'm trying to avoid him being stuck in meaningless tag matches without him winning the main belt just yet.