View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Low Minors

Default WWF Superstars & Challenge #4 (03/26, 03/27)

WWF Superstars of Wrestling #4

March 26th, 1987

From the Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana

Attendance: 11,035

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura

Quote:

The WWF World Champion, Hulk Hogan, is backstage in which he talks about the punishment he suffered from the hands of Andre The Giant. He goes on to say that tonight, he wants one final stare down with the giant before their battle come this Sunday at WrestleMania.

Hulk Hogan: "WrestleMania III is going to be the biggest show of all time, brother. This Sunday, I face my biggest challenge of my entire life when I take on a giant who has been undefeated for 15 years! A streak that goes well beyond my run as world champion and a streak that will never be topped. Come WrestleMania, I plan to be the man that breaks the streak and create a moment for myself and for all my Hulkamaniacs that will last forever. But that's Sunday, tonight I want Andre The Giant to meet me inside the middle of the ring, face to face. The doctors informed me to take the night off to heal my wounds, but I couldn't wait long enough for Sunday, not after what happened last week. I'll be ready, brother!"

Quote:
Normal, Singles Match

Butch Reed Vs. Koko B. Ware

With both men being involved in the 15-men battle royal at WrestleMania, they were both determined to walk into the event with some momentum. Butch Reed started the match off really strong, establishing himself as a force to be reckon with. Koko B. Ware had a slow start but began to pick up the pace mid-way through the match. Though, it wasn't enough to stop Reed, who delivered a big Shoulder Tackle and then finished the match with a pin, after delivering a vicious Gorilla Press Slam.

Winner: Butch Reed

Match Time: 5:02

Finish: Gorilla Press Slam leads to pin.

Quote:

Slick's absence from Butch Reed's side was because he was backstage giving both The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff a lecture about winning and losing. Slick demanded that his clients represent him in a good way, by getting the job done and still prevailing with the win. Sheik and Nikolai wasn't too pleased with Slick's demands and suddenly, two Russian big men known as Ivan and Nikita Koloff in Jim Crockett Promotions approached Slick.

Ivan Koloff: "Your so called "clients" no longer work for you anymore. So, I suggest you leave now if you know what's good for you."

Slick was clearly intimidated by the two big men and quickly left the scene. They then approached The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff, with Ivan Koloff extending his hand to both men. Nikolai accepts the handshake, The Iron Sheik shows a slight smirk before eventually accepting his hand too.

Quote:
Normal, Singles Match

Dynamite Kid (/w Davey Boy Smith) Vs. Bret Hart (/w Jim Neidhart)

After the lost Jim Neidhart took from Davey Boy Smith, last week, Bret Hart was more than determined to have The Hart Foundation walking into WrestleMania with some momentum. Dynamite Kid showed a lot of courage and bravery, as he gave Bret a run for his money. Both men battled it out, with neither of them getting the advantage. Eventually, a distraction from Jim Neidhart, helped Bret execute a Bulldog and earn the pin afterwards.

Winner: Bret Hart

Match Time: 6:58

Finish: Bulldog by Bret Hart on Dynamite Kid leads to pin.

Quote:

After the referee had called for the bell, Davey Boy Smith went straight after Jim Neidhart and the two began to brawl outside the ring. Dynamite Kid wasn't too pleased, as he attacked Bret Hart. The men fought all the way up to the ramp, which eventually ended the brawl on-screen.

Quote:

Gene Okerlund is backstage, where he interviews Bobby "The Brain Heenan" on whether or not Andre The Giant is here in the building and if he is, will he accept Hogan's face to face confrontation later tonight.

Bobby Heenan: "Hulk Hogan must have not learned his lesson from last week, if he's out here wanting a one on one confrontation. I'm beginning to think that Hogan has lost his mind, as everyone including myself, knows that Andre The Giant will just humiliate Hogan again. To answer your question, Andre The Giant is in fact here tonight. Now will he accept the stare down? I think last week answers that question."

Quote:
Normal, Tag Team Match

Junkyard Dog & Billy Jack Haynes Vs. Hercules & Harley Race (/w Bobby Heenan)

Both teams were ready to get their hands on each other, which was clearly the case the moment the bell rang. Junkyard Dog and Harley Race went at each other, with Junkyard Dog having majority of the offense. Once Race tagged in Hercules, it became a different story. Hercules was made to look really strong in this match and it paid off. Billy Jack Haynes was eventually tagged in and delivered multiple strikes, leading to a few suplexes. Haynes has been a victim of The Heenan Family for quite some time now, so this moment really played well for him. The victory looked to be headed for Junkyard Dog and Haynes but that was until...

King Kong Bundy and Paul Ordnorff, members of The Heenan Family came onto the scene. Bobby Heenan was ecstatic to see them, as they attacked Junkyard Dog at ringside. The referee noticed the attack and declared Junkyard Dog and Billy Jack Haynes the winner due to disqualification. The announcement didn't stop The Heenan Family though, as they then set their sights on Billy Jack Haynes and dismantled him inside the ring. The final moments witnessed The Heenan Family raising their arms, as if they were the ones who came out of this victorious.

Winners: Junkyard Dog & Billy Jack Haynes

Match Time: 7:33

Finish: Bundy & Ordnorff Attacks Junkyard Dog, leading to DQ

Quote:

Miss Elizabeth is standing beside the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Randy Savage, who cuts a promo hyping up his match against Ricky Steamboat this Sunday at WrestleMania III. Savage notes that WrestleMania is almost here and he's more excited than ever to beat Steamboat in front of thousands of fans in attendance.

Randy Savage: "The clock is ticking, but who is counting? Nobody, why is that? Because, everyone here and watching at home knows that the "Macho Man" Randy Savage will go on to slay Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. Yeah! I'm carrying this title to new heights, come WrestleMania III, I'll seize the spotlight! OOOHHHHHH YEEAAAHHH!"

Quote:
Normal, Singles Match

Jake Roberts Vs. Bob Orton Jr.

This is Jake Roberts' first match back since February, in which Roberts looked to use this match as a warm up bout. "Cowboy" Bob Orton though wasn't going to make things easy for Roberts though in his first match back. Orton delivered some hard-hitting blows and executed well on some submission holds. Roberts eventually found his groove and fought his way back into the match, Orton tried his best to fight back but he was soon hit with an DDT. Roberts then went for the pin and was declared the winner.

Winner: Jake Roberts

Match Time: 5:34

Finish: DDT leads to the pin.

Quote:

Jake Roberts began to celebrate his victory, as the fans cheered him on. The celebration was short lived once The Honky Tonk Man came down the ramp with his guitar.

Roberts had his back turned and didn't notice the Honky Tonk Men was on his way to the ring. HTM entered the ring, as soon as Roberts turned around, HTM attempted to strike with his guitar but Roberts dodged the bullet this time. Roberts quickly retaliated by delivering a DDT. He then continued his celebration, while HTM rolled out of the ring in defeat.

Quote:

The WWF World Champion, Hulk Hogan came out to the ring looking pumped up and ready for a fight. Hogan began to talk about the days Andre and he were good friends until Bobby Heenan got involved and had Andre turn his back against him.

Hulk Hogan: "Never in a million years, would I ever think I would have to face a man I once considered my best friend, at WrestleMania for the world championship. Andre had the 15-year streak and I had the world championship, together we were on top of the world, brother! Then that all took a change for the worse, the moment Bobby "The Weasel" Heenan got involved. Since day one, that weasel has been trying to pull all the stops to ensure that The Hulkster isn't world champion. Time after time, I prevailed thanks to all you Hulkamaniacs. Without you, there wouldn't be no Hulkamania, brother!"

Suddenly, Bobby Heenan begins to speak, as he and Andre The Giant are shown walking down the ramp and to the ring.

Bobby Heenan: "Please, oh please just stop it Hogan. You continue to deny the unavoidable fact that this Sunday, Andre The Giant will squash you and finally bring the WWF World Championship to The Heenan Family. It’s a fact that you can't run away from Hulk, no matter how many "Hulkamaniacs" you got by your side. Your time is up, just look at yourself, you aren't even supposed to be out here with them broken ribs of yours. Your already at a disadvantage, that's not even mentioning the size comparison. Do you honestly believe your unstoppable, unbeatable, in the shape that you're in?"

Hulk Hogan: "We can find out right now what shape I'm in, brother! Andre, get inside this ring and face me, face to face!"

Heenan insists Andre gets inside the ring, which he does. Andre looks down on Hogan, who attempts to make Andre realize that Heenan has him poisoned. Heenan demands Andre to not listen to what he says and demands Andre to beat Hogan down. Andre puts his hand on Hogan, which Hogan pushes it off quickly. Hogan then pushes Andre hard, having him go back a few feet. Hogan then rips off his shirt, with the tape still wrapped around his ribs. Hogan and Andre began to trade words, that only them two could hear.

Afterwards, they collided inside the ring. Hogan began throwing punches, which was clear that these punches were connecting with some heavy damage. Andre would not let the punches faze him though, as he delivers blow after blow towards Hogan's injured ribs.

Heenan then demanded Andre to squeeze the life out of him, Andre picked Hogan up and wrapped him with his giant arms, applying a massive bear hug. Hogan struggled desperately trying to get out of the hold, but every squeeze made it more difficult for him. Andre finally let go, as he seemed satisfied with the damage he delivered. Hogan fell to the mat and was laid out cold. Heenan began praising Andre, as he laughed at the fallen champion. They left the ring, leaving behind the carnage they left behind. The WWF's medical rushed to the aid of the injured champion, who was showing the agony of the injury. The medical staff helped Hogan up on a stretcher, but Hogan refused and began to walk backstage with their assistance. The crowd expressed relief afterwards, while many Hulkamaniacs were worried that Sunday could possibly be Hogan's final night as world champion.

TV Rating: 1.33 (1,004,480 Viewers)

Show's Overall Rating:

Quote:
Backstage News

• PWI voted Bruiser Brody as the top brawler in professional wrestling today.

• Hulk Hogan believes that Koko B. Ware doesn't connect with the crowd and that he should probably be let go.

• Harley Race doesn't think Billy Jack Haynes can sell worth a damn and that he needs to learn or be let go.

• Honky Tonk Man thinks that the Dynamite Kid is clumsy and will eventually end up hurting somebody.

WWF Wrestling Challenge #4

March 27th, 1987

From the Edmund P. Joyce Center in Notre Dame, Indiana

Attendance: 9,492

Announce Team: Lord Alfred Hayes & Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
The Dream Team proved that they could come together when they defeated The Rougeau Brothers in 6:49, after Brutus Beefcake got the submission on Jacques Rougeau. (C+,67)

Jimmy Hart cuts a promo hyping the WWF World Tag Team Championship match at WrestleMania between The British Bulldogs and The Hart Foundation. Hart states that The Hart Foundation will walk out victorious. (C,61)

Harley Race earned himself some much-needed momentum when he defeated Jim Brunzell in 5:34 with a Diving Headbutt. (B-,73)

Ted DiBiase goes to a local business and offers an employee a check of $1,000 to quit their job. The employee accepts the check and agrees to quit, which makes DiBiase laugh at today's society. (C+,66)

Another win went to The Heenan Family, when Paul Ordnorff defeated S.D. Jones in 7:30 with a Lariat. (C+,66)

Gene Okerlund confirms that Hulk Hogan will still be at WrestleMania to defend the WWF World Championship. Okerlund then asks Heenan on his thoughts of the news, which Heenan expresses doubt of Hogan winning. (B+,85)

A video package is shown of the rivalry between Ricky Steamboat Vs. Randy Savage for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. (B-,75)

In a hard-fought match, Ricky Steamboat defeated Kamala in 6:44 with a Flying Karate Chop. (B-,76)

One final video package is played hyping up some of the biggest matches at WrestleMania III and it encourages fans to not miss it (B,79)

TV Rating: 0.49 (370,680 Viewers)

Show Rating:

Quote:
Backstage News

• Greg Valentine has reportedly suffered an injury during tonight's match against The Rougeau Brothers. Valentine seems to have suffered some knee ligament damage and it is expected that he'll be out for a month. This is disappointing news, as he was recently announced to take place in the 15-man battle royal at WrestleMania III.

• Harley Race believes that Jacques Rougeau doesn't connect with the fans and that he believes the kid has little upside.

This Week's News

• N/A
Quote:

WrestleMania III Match-Card/Prediction Scoreboard

WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Andre The Giant Vs. Hulk Hogan (C)

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Ricky Steamboat Vs. Randy Savage (C)

WWF World Tag Team Championships: The British Bulldogs Vs. The Hart Foundation (C)

Jake Roberts Vs. Honky Tonk Man

Loser Must Bow: Junkyard Dog Vs. "King" Harley Race

Hair Vs. Hair: Adrian Adonis Vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Full Nelson Challenge: Billy Jack Haynes Vs. Hercules

15-Man Battle Royal, Winner Earns WWF Intercontinental Championship Match: Bob Orton Jr. Vs. Brad Rheingans Vs. Brutus Beefcake Vs. Butch Reed Vs. Dino Bravo Vs. George Steele Vs. Jim Duggan Vs. Jim Powers Vs. Kamala Vs. King Kong Bundy Vs. Koko B. Ware Vs. Paul Ordnorff Vs. Paul Roma Vs. S.D. Jones Vs. Tito Santana

Who Will Be The Last Man Eliminated In The Battle Royal?

Match of the Night?

Wild Guess Question: What will the final grade be for WrestleMania III?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Match of the Night question is worth 3 Points, while the wild guess question is worth 6 points. All the matches are worth 2 points.

I haven't yet decided on a prize but I'll be doing a 3-month contest (counting WrestleMania) which will fall into King of the Ring. By then, I should have a very good prize thought of. I'll post a 24-Hour warning for when I get ready to post WrestleMania!