View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Major League

Week 1, May 1997
America West Arena (Phoenix, Arizona)
ATT: 18,000
TV: 29.15

Quote:

Before the title sequence even rolls tonight, we are treated to a shot of the parking lot from earlier today, which sees Owen rocking up to the building for tonight's show. He brings his car to a halt in the parking lot, before exiting the vehicle and heading round to the back to collect his bags.....suddenly the World Wrestling Federations newest arrivals, The Nature Boy Ric Flair and the Enforcer Arn Anderson come bursting into shot and begin to lay a double team beating on Hart....

.....Owen does his best to fight back, but it's two on one and he's already been taken by surprise, so it's no shock that he is quickly overwhelmed and beaten down to the concrete floor.....Flair asks where Bret is, before asking Owen who the best is now......The Nature Boy tells Owen that they aren't finished, not by a long shot, saying that the way he and Arn see it, last night proved nothing......speaking of Arn, he's reaching into the open trunk of Owen's car, pulling out a tyre iron.....and as Owen pulls himself to his feet, swinging a wild right hand that misses Flair by a mile, the Enforcer cracks the metal weapon across the back of Hart's knee, and Owen screams out in pain as he crumbles back down to the hard concrete......

......Flair reaches into the passenger side of the car, and plucks Owens WWF Tag Team Title belt off the seat.....he looks at it for a moment, before tossing it down on top of the writhing Champion, telling him that he might want to inform the Hitman to start turning up on time to these shows, and as a number of medical personnel come running into shot, Flair tells Owen that once he's settled in his hospital bed, he should give his brother a call, and tell him that the REAL best there is, will be standing in the ring later tonight waiting for him, as the shows intro finally begins to play.

Rating: A

Quote:

Following that chaotic start we are greeted by still images from last night (courtesy of WWF Magazine) compete with voice over from Jim Ross and Rick Rude, as they talk over the trials and tribulations from In Your House.....The Undertakers first on screen appearance since Wrestlemania, the debut of Ric Flair and Arn Anderson, as well as the epic no contest brawl that they had with the Hart Foundation.....The New Age Outlaws defeating Mr. Perfect and Barry Windham (which Rick Rude surprisingly is not pleased with, given his penchant usually for the heel contingents).....Brian Pillman and Kane's victory over the Wolfpac, as well as their destruction at the hands of Big Sexy Kevin Nash....before finally, Scott Steiner and Shawn Michaels match of the year clash, which saw Big Poppa Pump pin The Showstopper clean in the middle of the ring, no questions asked......not to mention the post match assault on the Heartbreak Kid by Kevin Nash, driving the former WWF Champion through the ringside announce table with a Jacknife Powerbomb......

......before the owner of the World Wrestling Federation, Mr. Vincent Kennedy McMahon himself makes his way down to the ring.....and he clearly has a problem.....because his personal problem solver, Kane is by his side.....he says that there are three major pieces of the puzzle missing from by his side tonight.....Brian Pillman, Shawn Michaels.....and the WWF Championship.....and all three are missing.....because of Kevin Nash.....

"......obviously Brian and Shawn are both home recuperating tonight, following their vicious and unprovoked attacks by Kevin Nash at In Your House......and the World Wrestling Federation Championship is not around the waist of the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, simply due to the fact that Mr. Nash has been emotionally and physically stalking Shawn Michaels for the last few weeks....how can Mr. Michaels be expected to prepare for Scott Steiner and a WWF Title match, when he has to spend every waking moment worrying about the frankly cowardly actions of a man, who's no longer even employed by the WWF......."

.....well according to Vince, enough is enough.....he says that Shawn Michaels may not be the WWF Champion, but that doesn't mean Scott Steiner is getting off lightly.....because if Vince's memory serves him correctly, Brian Pillman STILL has a guaranteed WWF Title opportunity, courtesy of eliminating Stone Cold Steve Austin from this years Royal Rumble.....so if Scott Steiner thought he was going to have an easy ride from here on out, he can think again.....because in just a few short weeks, at the May edition of In Your House, it's going to be Big Poppa Pump vs. The Corporate Cannon.....for the WWF Championship.....

.....and if Kevin Nash wants to go around putting his hands on World Wrestling Federation employees, then maybe it's time that those employees get to fight back.....and Kane.....Kane is most certainly looking for the opportunity to get his hands on Big Sexy.......so at In Your House, performing in a WWF ring for the first time since the Royal Rumble......it's going to be the Big Red Machine Kane.......vs. Big Sexy Kevin Nash........

".......woah, woah, woah.....hold on there Vinny......"

......the crowd goes nuts as they realise that Kevin Nash is here.....and he's not alone.....as the Bag Guy Scott Hall is with him, as well as Sean Waltman, who has his plaster cast arm now in a sling......

".......now I don't know if you're getting senile in your old age, but like you've just said, I don't work for you.....I don't work for the WWF......and while I'm more than happy to kick your Big Red bitch's ass up and down the back there, you want me to do that in front of your paying audience? Well, it's like I always said, this is show BUSINESS.....and in business, Kevin Nash has gots to get paid......"

.....McMahon flusters for a moment, obviously wrongly assuming that Kevin Nash would be happy to fight for pride....(I've been in the negotiating room with Kevin Nash.....he doesn't fight for pride).....before telling Nash that he's sure they can come to some sort of one night only Pay Per appearance agreement.....to which all three Wolfpac men start laughing.....

"......no, that's not what we're going to do......what we're going to do is this......I'll fight your little golem there.........in fact I'll go one better.........I'll fight your little golem for free........but when I've done kicking his ass.....and that bell rings and my hand is raised.......you strut your way down that aisle, paper and pen in hand......two pieces of paper in hand actually......the first being the restraining order that keeps me from getting within 50 feet of Shawn Michaels, which you are personally going to tear up........and the second.......the second is my sweet new World Wrestling Federation contract.......and do you wanna know why that contract is going to be so sweet? Because of the clause that's gonna be right there underneath my big fat salary.....and that clause is going to say, no matter how much Shawn Michaels gets paid.......no matter how many pay rises you give him........Kevin Nash's salary will ALWAYS......be one Dollar more......."

......Vince again is flustered by this, but he soon regains his composure to scoff at the suggestion.....after all, what's in it for him to possibly risk putting that kind of contract offer on the table? Well, Kevin Nash is very glad he asked......and is happy to answer too......

"........because if I don't beat your big dumb Frankenstein's Monster there.....then I'm done, finished.......you will never see me around here again......but more importantly, you will never see me ANYWHERE again.........see don't think for one second that I couldn't walk my sexy seven foot ass down south to the good old boys.....I could click my fingers and they'd have a contract in my hand faster than you say seven figure deal, after all, that is where the big boys play......and I'm the biggest boy there is......not to mention the fact that I'm sure Hunter would give me a nice warm welcome......"

.....Nash says that if Vince wants to risk Big Sexy walking out on Monday Nights for a different brand.....knowing full well that as soon as people hear the Big Sexy is in the house....down south......then maybe, just maybe, those Tuesday morning ratings won't make for quite such pleasant reading......

......obviously that wasn't something that Vince had considered, and slowly starts to realise that this might not such a bad wager to make.....after all, Kane is virtually indestructible.....and Kevin Nash has got to be rusty after a near four month lay off.....and finally accepts, telling Nash that he hopes he likes golf....because he's going to have plenty of time to play once his retirement kicks in at In Your House.......when Kane tears him to pieces.....

".......so we have a deal?......."

"........we have a deal, contract vs career.......and when Kane has finished destroying you, then you Kevin Nash, will have neither contract nor career......."

"........hey, that's a risk I'm willing to take......because after Kane, I'm moving on to Brian Pillman......and then Shawn.......you're next little buddy.......I'll be seeing you real soon.....and remember, when you're flat on your back counting the lights.....I'll be IN the back, counting my money......and I'll be getting paid one dollar more than you, for kicking your ass night in and night out........"

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

Our first match of the night sees Marty Jannetty back in the ring against former KLiQ member Justin Credible. These two have faced off before back in January, on that night it was Marty Jannetty who picked up the victory, so you’ve got to assume that Credible will be looking to even the score tonight.....Marty has something to prove as well however, managing to stay clean and sober since his last stint in rehab, he put on a hell of a showing against Shawn Michaels in his unsuccessful attempt to wrench the WWF Title away from the then Champion at February’s In Your House, reminding a lot of people along the way, why the former Rocker was such a crowd favourite a few years back......

......obviously this match was never going to be off the calibre of that match with the Heartbreak Kid, but it was still a decent opener....there was a lot of back and forth action but in the end Marty proved, that just like the Sweet Chin Music utilised by his former partner, his Into The Void Superkick can come absolutely out of nowhere, as he took Credible‘s head off, before covering him for the three and a solid victory.

Winner: Marty Jannetty
Rating: C+

Quote:

Last night at In Your House, Chris Candido assured Al Snow that tonight, they were going to get Head back from Edge and Christian one way or another.....not that Candido care what happens to Head one way or another, bit the sooner all this nonsense is settled, the sooner they can concentrate on important things, like getting a shot at the WWF Tag Team Titles.....both men make their way down to the ring now.....and while they are both dressed to compete, Snow also has an FBI cap on his head, along with a Jimmy Hart style megaphone in his hand.....

.....the duo enter the ring, where Candido looks his “partner” up and down for a moment, before shaking his head and picking up a microphone. He begins by quickly letting Snow know that (as usual) he looks ridiculous, before addressing Edge and Christian, telling the young Canadians that’s its bad enough that he has to team with Al Snow to begin with, but since they stole his toy head he’s been utterly unbearable......so do everyone a favour, bring the stupid head out and put an end to this stupidity......

.......thankfully for everyone’s sanity, the two heartless Headnappers do indeed make their way out from the back......but it seems as though Al Snow’s penchant for fancy dress is catching, because both men are wearing matching balaclava’s......and so is Head, who is currently tucked under Christian’s arm......well, probably Christian, it’s hard to tell considering both men have their faces covered.......

.......Snow immediately brings the megaphone to his mouth, shouting to Head to let him know that she’s ok......before there is a loud burst of feedback from the megaphone......both Edge and Christian cover their ears, before pulling a microphone out each, with Edge letting Snow know that.....

”.......dude, just use a microphone like everyone else.......”

......through bursts of static Snow lets the two Canadians know that, no......if they are doin this then they are doing it right......before asking what their demands are for the safe release of Head? Edge and Christian both pull their balaclavas up, revealing their faces, where they just kind of stare at each other for a moment......Snow let’s them know that he’s secured their safe passage out of here, telling them that there’s a chopper on the roof ready to take them anywhere.....and it’s filled with Maple Syrup topped pizza and root beer......all they have to do is put Head down unharmed, and it’s all theirs.......

.......Edge and Christian continue to glance at each other, before Edge finally addresses Chris Candido, telling him that he’s sorry, this was just supposed to be a bit of fun.....a joke......a prank.......but clearly Al Snow is not playing with a full deck.......he places Head down on the entrance way, saying that

”.......we’re just going to put this down here.....and then we’re going to go ok, because this is just.......weird......”

......Edge and Christian slowly back away, just as Snow channels his best Arnold Schwarzenegger, screaming at the pair to ”....GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!....”

.....the duo disappear to the back, as Al tosses the megaphone down in success and charges up the aisle to Head. Candido finally joins him as Snow holds her high in the air, before asking his partner if they can finally focus on the WWF Tag Team Titles now? Al says that they can, and he pulls the balaclava off Head.........to reveal a generic male mannequin head......Snow stares at the object in shock, asking it ”what have they done to you?”......just as Edge and Christian come flying out from the entrance way, nailing Snow in the back of his skull with the REAL Head, before turning their attention to Candido, who is soon overwhelmed in a two on one situation....before he too in on the receiving end of a little Head, as Edge brains him too with the mannequin, before the conniving pair burst out in laughter, pick faux head up off the ramp, and head to the back with both plastic craniums......as Jim Ross sends us to commercial.

Quote:

We are back from commercial and we are instantly welcomed by the sounds of the Nation of Donination’s music, as all five members make their way to the ring, lead proudly by the brand new, two time Intercontinental Champion Faarooq. The Nation members enter the ring and all raise their fists in salute, before Faarooq takes a microphone, and lets everyone around the world know that he is a man of his word......

”.......I said that all the Nation needed to do to bring home the gold, is have ONE fair shot......and looky what we have here, the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship......”

......Faarooq says that it’s been a long time coming, but the first piece of the puzzle is in place.....step one was to show whitey that when you’re not holding a brother down, there’s no end to what he can accomplish......and now they are going to keep the ball rolling, when Brother Rock and Brother Scorpio FINALLY get their shots at Gold......because at In Your House, for the British Bulldog and Billy Kidman......

”......it ain’t gonna be alright on the night.....and it ain’t gonna be all white on the night......because the Nation is bringing some colour into the event.......and after getting just ONE fair shot......they’ll be taking some colour OUT of the event as well......and that colour......will be gold......because you’re looking at the next European and Light Heavyweight Champions right here......”

......Scorpio takes the microphone, saying that last night, that young pretender to the throne, Billy Kidman....got just a little taste of what’s in store for him......because Scorpio was the FIRST Light Heavyweight Champion......Scorpio was the BEST Light Heavyweight Champion.......and at In Your House, the King is taking back his crown to become the first TWO TIME Light Heavyweight Champion......

.....next the Rock takes the mic, and shows why he’s the real talker in the group, claiming that at In Your House, the Rock is going to be the toast of Europe, when he FINALLY becomes the European People’s Champion......a European peoples Champion that they can finally be proud of......but then that’s not hard, because Europe, and everybody in it......absolutely sucks.......but don’t worry, because with the Rock as YOUR Champion, all of your dull little lives will be just that little bit better.......

........Faarooq rounds the promo off, saying that people had better get used to seeing the Nation with all the gold.....and if they DON’T like it, then all they’ve got to do is step up......because the Nation will put them down.

Quote:

VS.

It’s time for Tag Team action now, as the unlikely pairing of European Champion the British Bulldog, teams up with Light Heavyweight Champion Billy Kidman, to face off against their respective In Your House opponents, The Rock and Scorpio......and while Davey Boy and Kidman may be champions, you’ve got to think the edge tonight goes to their adversary’s, as both men are members of the Nation of Domination, as opposed to virtual strangers......

......the match goes pretty much as you would expect, with the Bulldog and Kidman starting off strong, only for the Nation to cut them off.....but not without some help from Faarooq who has remained at ringside, who pulls the middle rope down as Kidman is whipped into them, sending the Light Heavyweight Champion crashing to the floor......

.......the Nation isolate they young newcomer, with the Rock overpowering him, while Scorpio dances around the fallen Champion. Scorpio laid a pretty good beating on Kidman last night following a successful title defence against Christopher Daniels.....couple that with the fact that neither the Rock nor Scorpio actually competed last night, means that the Nation are fresh as daisy’s for this one, and despite the fact that the Bulldog was able to make the hot Tag to get back into this one, it’s the Nation of Domination that pick up the win, after Faarooq once again interferes, tripping a running Billy Kidman, who walks straight into a Rock Bottom that gives the Nation the win.

Winner(s): The Rock & Scorpio
Rating: B

Quote:

Not content with simply picking up a victory over their In Your House opponents however, the Nation continue the assault, with Scorpion putting the boots to Kidman much as he did last night, while Faarooq and the Rock team up to give the Bulldog a lesson in what “by any means necessary” actually means......in fact things look pretty bleak for the Champions........

......at least until Marty Jannetty of all people, makes his way out to make the save, almost taking Scorpio’s head off with a Superkick, before fending off both Faarooq and the Rock just long enough for the Bulldog to get back into the fight, and eventually the two men fight off the remaining Nation members, who hightail it to the back......

......Jim Ross remarks that Faarooq said not so long ago, that if anybody wanted to try and take the gold away from the Nation, then all they had to do was step up.....well it looks like Marty Jannetty is doing exactly that.....Rick Rude however counters that he’s forgetting the second half of that statement, because Rude is fairly confident that Marty Jannetty.......is going to be put down.

Quote:

We come back from commercial, and Jim Ross informs us that we are going to the back now to receive some words from Barry Windham and Mr. Perfect following their defeat at the hands of the New Age Outlaws last night........we don’t get there however......because Ross is suddenly interrupted by the screeching guitar that signals the arrival of the Hitman Bret Hart, who strides down to the ring with purpose.....

......Bret snatches up a microphone, declaring that he’s just watched his brother laying in a hospital bed, getting his knee strapped up because Ric Flair and Arn Anderson went and showed the world their true colours, when they jumped him from behind in the parking lot and wrapped a tyre iron around his leg....

.......Bret says that week in and week out, he and his brother have been coming out here like men, and facing every challenge to walk out of the back there head on......they haven’t had to hide in the shadows attacking people when their backs are turned.....

”.......because we are, exactly what we say we are......the best there is, the best there was......and the best there EVER will be......”

......Bret continues, saying that clearly, Ric Flair isn’t as good as he thinks he is, or he wouldn’t have to resort to cheap shots.....but then Bret shouldn’t be surprised, because it’s just another case of someone trying to screw over the Hart Foundation.....another knife in the back......from Vince McMahon, to Shawn Michaels......everybody's sudden favourites the Wolfpac.....Stone Cold Steve Austin.....Brian Pillman......name anyone back in that locker room that HASN'T tried to screw that Harts over......Bret says that enough is enough.......Ric Flair said he’d be waiting in the ring for the Hitman, well where is he? Hiding under the ring waiting to jump me? Dressed up like a camera man ready to attack? Bret hops out of the ring and picks up a steel chair, saying that if Ric Flair has something to say, then the Hitman is all ears......

....::::!!!!Wooooooooooooo!!!!::::....

........Bret doesn’t have to wait for long......because here comes the Nature Boy......and here comes the Enforcer......they march down the aisle and climb right inside the ring, as the somewhat (rightfully) paranoid Hitman raises the steel chair in defence......Flair simply chuckles, telling Bret that they aren’t here to fight.....The Nature Boy is going to be doing that in the main event.....for now, they’re just going to talk......

”........and since you’re so quick to come out here and complain that you’re always getting screwed.....let me give you a little history lesson pal.......NO ONE......gets to the very top of this great sport......without screwing SOMEBODY over......”

......Flair says that you don’t get to be twelve times the man, without stepping on a few toes along the way.....Bret is out here week in and week out, complaining that nothing’s the same, (before putting on a mocking voice and continuing) everyone is mean, the mean boy sticks his middle finger up at me.....the bully’s pick on me and pull my hair......everyone’s got an attitude......

”.......well here’s a heads up Mr. Best there Is.....absolutely nothing has changed......the only difference now, is that WE never needed to do this.....(Flair sticks a middle finger right in the Hitman’s face).....because all we had to do, was this......(before raising four fingers).....THIS was all you needed to see, to know that you were about to be in a world of pain.......”

........Anderson chips in next, asking Bret if he honestly thinks people getting jumped in the back is a “new attitude”? He says to ask Dusty Rhodes.......ask Ricky Steamboat......Magnum TA.....he says that people have been getting their butts kicked in the back for decades......and nine times out of ten it was Ric Flair and Arn Anderson doing it......

”......absolutely NOTHING has changed Hitman.....except perhaps you......maybe it’s just that YOU......can’t handle it anymore......

.......Ric says that he can complain about being screwed all he wants, because at the end of the day, it’s not about IF you were screwed......it’s about who you screw over next to get back to the top......and right now, in Tag Team Wrestling, the Hart Foundation are at the very top......

”......but I’m going to tell you now.....and I’m going to tell you to YOUR face, with a smile on MY face.......Ric Flair and Arn Anderson, we’re taking those titles one way or another......and if we have to screw you to do it......then that’s exactly what we’re going to do.........I’ll see you tonight pal.....”

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

Back to the action now, and it’s two men with plenty of bad blood between them, as the former Texas Long Riders collide. Truth be told, Windham hasn’t had a whole lot off success since Bradshaw turned his back on him.....sure he’s won the odd match here and there, but he’s been jumped and beaten down more times that he can count, not to mention coming up short last night, as the New Age Outlaws picked up a huge upset victory over Windham and Mr. Perfect.....thanks in part to Bradshaw.....who almost turned Windham inside out with a huge Clothesline from Hell......

......tonight it’s one on one action however, and these two big Texans beat the holy hell out of each other. Windham looked like he may well even pick up the victory here, when he hoists Bradshaw up onto the top rope looking for that patented Superplex........

.......which is when the New Age Outlaws come running down the aisle, clearly looking to repay the favour from last night as each man grabs a hold of one of Windham’s ankles each.....buying Bradshaw enough time to shove his opponent hard to the mat.....Windham climbs back to his feet, just long enough for Bradshaw to run right through him with a Clothesline from Hell.....and just like that, this one is over.

Winner: Bradshaw
Rating: B-

Quote:

And it looks as though things are about to go from bad to worse for Barry......as the Outlaws enter the ring, looking to lay a few boots of their own in on Windham, who’s got to be sick to death of Gunn and James by now.....and probably just as sick of his former partner, because Bradshaw has taken up residence in one of the corners, and he’s winding up his arm looking to deliver another Clothesline straight from Hell.......

.....which is when Mr. Perfect comes tearing down the aisle......and if nothing else it’s a gutsy thing to do......stupid......because it’s three against one, and he soon joins Windham on the mat......but gutsy none the less.......The Bad Ass and The Road Dogg drag Perfect to his feet, and hold him in position while Bradshaw runs the ropes.......before absolutely nailing Perfect with that Clothesline......and once again, the two veterans have been completely overwhelmed by this brash trio.....Bradshaw and The New Age Outlaws pose for a moment, before heading up the aisle and to the back......before the wheezing sound of Perfects voice stops them.......

”.....hey.....HEY......hold on.......”

.......he and Windham somehow both drag themselves to their feet.....and although they are both relying on the ropes to stay standing, clearly they have something to say....

.....Perfect says that they’ve put up with this crap for too long now.....

”......and if you three morons haven’t got an inch of respect for us.....and since you’re so determined to fight in threes.....then how about another match......In Your House......the three of you against us........”

.......predictably the Outlaws find this hilarious....and even Bradshaw cracks a smile, as The Road Dogg tells them that they must have hit them in the head one to many times if they think they have ANY chance of competing against them in a handicap match......

”......In fact I’ll tell you what, since your age is already a pretty big handicap, we’ll even let you pick another partner and even up the odds a little bit......that’s if you can find anyone stupid enough to team with you.....”

......Perfect and Windham look at each other for a moment, and the Road Dogg cracks up laughing, saying there’s no one is there.....not a single damn person they can think of to team with them......

”.......looks like it’s gonna be a handicap match after all boys.......”

“.......no, it won’t be.........”

.......and there is the audible sound of a headset being slammed down......

.......as Ravishing Rick Rude shockingly stands to his feet, microphone in hand......

”.......you know, usually I’d be sat behind this desk applauding three guys like you.....young, cocky, confident......you get things done, however you have to do it......but you picked a fight with the wrong guy.......”

......Rude says that if there’s ONE thing he’s always been able to rely on, it’s that Curt Hennig has ALWAYS had his back......just like Rude has ALWAYS had his......so no......it won’t be a handicap match at In Your House.....

.......if The Road Dogg wasn’t laughing before, he certainly is now......saying that Rude is in even worse condition than those two has-beens in the ring......even Perfect looks unsure, asking Rude what he’s doing, telling him that his back won’t hold out.......but Rude tells Perfect not to worry about that....he says that his back might not be 100%.......

”......but even at 50% I’m still more of a man than all three of you punks put together......”

.......Bradshaw snatches the microphone and tells Rude it’s fine, bring his crippled old ass into the match, because he can snap three old b*stards in half just as easily as he can snap two, while Rude simply smiles, telling the Outlaws and Bradshaw that In Your House.......

”......will be Simply Ravishing......”

........with that a stunned Jim Ross sends us to commercial, as Rick Rude joins Perfect and Windham in the ring to gyrate those hips.

Quote:

VS.

We come back from commercial, and Rude has rejoined Jim Ross on commentary, where Ross questions him on the condition of his back, considering the fact that Rude has not stepped foot inside the ring for close to three years now, but he gets the same reply that Perfect got, that Jim Ross doesn’t need to worry about Rick Rude.....

........Ross accepts Rude at his word, saying that he hopes that his broadcast partner isn’t putting himself at risk of permanent injury, as the two return to concentrating on our next match, which sees the Hardy Boys facing off against Ted DiBiase’s Southern Justice.....and it’s a pretty decent match too.....

.....after coming up short last week in the Hart Foundations open challenge, Southern Justice will be looking to pick up a victory here.....especially against the smaller Hardy Boys.....but Matt and Jeff have come a long way from their days of being utilised purely as enhancement talents.....and after defeating rivals Edge & Christian at Wrestlemania, they are looking to climb further up the ranks.....which is exactly what they do here, when much to the despair of DeBiase, Jeff nailed Dennis Knight with the Swanton Bomb for the one, two, three.

Winner(s): The Hardy Boys

Quote:

DiBiase is clearly hugely embarrassed that his contingent have racked up another loss, and he quickly calls to the back for reinforcements......reinforcements which appears to be in the guise of Jeff Jarrett and Rich Steiner, who both come running down the aisle......they can run as quick as they like though, they’re still never going to catch the Brothers Hardy, who slide out of the ring......and if DiBiase is embarrassed by his teams defeat, he’s even more embarrassed by the debacle that follows.......as Jarrett, Steiner and Southern Justice all chase their tails trying to catch Matt and Jeff, who dart in and out of the ring, always just out of their reach, before finally diving into the crowd......

......the Corporation feel foolish enough for one day, and wave off the Hardys who are stood front row, stating that this isn’t over......Rich Steiner is furious however, and looks as though he is about to climb the barrier and go after the Hardy’s alone......at least until a member of the audience puts himself between Steiner and the Hardys.....Rude says that he would suggest that fan got the hell out of Rich Steiner’s way before he gets seriously hurt.......but Jim Ross says that’s no ordinary fan........

.......Ross says that’s former Ultimate Fighter, the inaugural UFC Superfight Champion.....and the man named by ABC as “The World’s Most Dangerous Man”, Ken Shamrock......and while Rude has no idea who Shamrock is, stating that he doesn’t look so tough, Rich Steiner definitely has an idea about who it is......because he stops dead in his tracks as he comes face to face with Shamrock, before the two have words, that ends with Ken Shamrock shoving Rich back......and the rest of the Corporation having to drag the seething Steiner away before an all out brawl breaks out.....leaving Matt and Jeff to fully celebrate their victory beside the smiling fighter.

Quote:

VS.

It’s time for a good old fashioned brawl next, as Ahmed Johnson takes on the deranged Cactus Jack......both of these men have had their attention on others recently, with Cactus embroiled in a war with Goldust, while Ahmed Johnson has spent weeks antagonising and insulting the Undertaker, only to tuck his tail and run when the Deadman turned up ready to fight.....tonight though it’s not about Goldust, and it’s not about the Undertaker......or at least it shouldn’t be......

......these two men put on a decent showing, although with neither man being known for their technical prowess it was somewhat of a punch, punch, kick, kick affair......an exciting punch, kick affair, but still little more than a brawl.....if there’s one thing Cactus does well, it’s take a believable ass kicking......and Ahmed’s newfound mean streak means he’s more than happy to provide the kick.....it takes a lot to keep Cactus down however, and Ahmed learns the same thing here that Raven learnt at Wrestlemania.....putting Jack down is one thing.....keeping him there is an entirely different matter.....in fact by the end of this he actually has the big man rocking......and in serious trouble.......

.......at least until the Bizarre One, Goldust comes slithering down the aisle way......and while Ahmed Johnson is clearly as disturbed by the antics of Goldust as the rest of us regularly are, he doesn’t complain when Goldie provides enough of a distraction that the big man is able to finish Cactus off with a Pearl River Plunge.

Winner: Ahmed Johnson

Quote:

Ahmed has the victory.....and celebrates the fact.....as Goldust slides under the bottom rope, where he takes up a squatted position beside Cactus......he cocks his head at Ahmed, biting down on his gloved finger before suggesting that maybe Cactus needs a little more punishment......Ahmed does not look pleased to be sharing the ring with the androgynous one, but he’s turned into quite the bully as of late, and is hardly going to turn down the opportunity to kick a man while he’s down......so it should come as no surprise when he begins lambasting Cactus with blows once more, before finally laying him out flat with a second Pearl River Plunge........

........and that’s when the beautiful Sable comes walking out from the back, dragging a very reluctant looking Marc Mero by the arm........it looks as though she is looking for Mero to put a stop to the beat down being inflicted upon Cactus, and can in fact be heard telling Mero that he owes her this after the way he’s been behaving recently.......Mero still looks unconvinced however, and looks even less convinced when he climbs into the ring and comes face to face with an angry Ahmed Johnson.......who wastes no time in running through him with a big Clothesline.......before hitting his third Pearl River Plunge of the night as he flattens Mero into the mat, before simply leaving and heading to the back........

”........’Well, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into’......Sons of the Desert: 1933......”

......it appears Goldust has something to say to Mr. Mero.....telling him that yet again he’s been lead down the wrong path by the harlot Sable......he tells Mero that she has dulled his sparkle......he was a star once......

”......’You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am’........On the Waterfront: 1954......because that’s exactly what she’s made you Marc.......a bum......why won’t you let me make you sparkle again......why won’t you let me make you a star........”

.......Goldust reaches down and traces a finger down the chest of Mero, just stopping (thankfully) before he reaches the waistband of his tights.....before letting out a long sigh, telling Marc that if he would only let him, he would guarantee that he will NEVER forget the name........Goldusttttt.

Quote:

VS.

Last night The Hart Foundation faces Ric Flair and Arn Anderson, in what turned out to be a fantastic match, despite the fact that The Nature Boy and The Enforcer are clearly a good five years past their best......tonight, it was Flair and the Hitman going one on one.....and again The Nature Boy showed us that his best days are not necessarily behind him, as he and Bret had a fantastic singles match in the main event......

......Bret was looking for revenge after Flair and Anderson assaulted his baby brother before Raw even went on the air, while the Nature Boy has his eye on the Hart Foundation’s Tag Team Titles......and he doesn’t care what he has to do to get those belts from around the waist of the Harts......

......while everybody knows that Bret Hart defeated Ric Flair to capture his first World Wrestling Federation Championship back in the tail end of 1992, very few people have actually seen that contest, as it one of a few World Title Changes not to happen on Pay Per View, so for a lot of people, this is somewhat of a dream match.....especially considering that Bret has cemented his place as one of the greats now, where as his victory five years ago was somewhat of a shock to say the least......

.......unfortunately, a great match here is marred slightly by the ending......in fact you could say that the Hitman got screwed out of a victory......because after Bret sent Flair inside out in the corner in that classic Ric Flair spot, he dropped the Nature Boy on the apron with a Clothesline.....before picking the twelve time World Champion up and attempting to suplex him back into the ring.....that’s when Arn Anderson clipped Harts ankle, before holding onto it for dear life, as Flair crashed down on top of Bret.....and with Anderson holding down the leg, Bret was unable to kick out of the pinning predicament.....meaning that Ric Flair just stole a victory, on his first Monday Night Raw match in four years.

Winner: Ric Flair

Quote:

Bret is rightfully furious at the decision, and is quick to let the official know what a bogus call it was......unfortunately that means his attention is not on Flair......and certainly not on Anderson, who reaches under the ring to bring out that same Tyre Iron that he assaulted Owen Hart with earlier this evening.......and Bret is still arguing his case when the Enforce cracks that metal weapon across the back of The Hitman’s knee, who collapses to the mat in pain.......and when someone has a bum knee, you know what the Nature Boy is thinking.......

.......Flair lets out a loud ”Woooooooo”, before grabbing the Hitman by the bad leg, and locking in the Figure Four Leg Lock, reaching back and using the ring ropes for leverage.....and as Hart cries out in pain, the show comes to a close on the image of Bret helpless in the Figure Four.....just as the Enforcer begins to lay some stomps in for good measure......it’s been an eventful night.....but a very BAD night for the WWF Tag Team Champions.

Rating: A*

Final Rating: A*