View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2018, 08:42 AM
Major League

Week 3, July 1997
Madison Square Garden (New York, New York)
ATT: 20,789
TV: 32.42

Quote:

The show this evening opens up to the iconic guitar riff that is the music of the Hart Foundation......as Bret and Owen Hart make their way to the ring with their newfound friend Chris Jericho.....his personal security guard provided by the Harts last week.....and surprisingly (given his tumultuous relationship with Chris Jericho) Lance Storm.....

.....the quintet enter the ring, where Bret is quick to run down this rabid New York crowd, telling them that if they want to see a prime example of what’s wrong with America today, then they need to look no further than New York, New York......a cesspit of a city populated by criminals, miscreants and misfits..........in fact, the total polar opposite of beautiful Calgary.......as you would expect that provoked quite the negative reaction from this crowd......which Bret revels in, stating that America is all about “free speech” until someone says something that they don’t want to hear.......

”........and like it or not......Canada and Canadians, are simply better than America and Americans.......which is exactly why this man......this great Canadian, Chris Jericho....is just six days away from bringing the World Wrestling Federation Championship back where it belongs......”

.....Bret says that if there’s one thing you can take to the bank, it’s the unscrupulous personalities of the average American.....which is why he has chosen to align himself from now on with only people he can trust.....honest CANADIAN people.....people that he can rely on not to screw him over to make a quick buck.....which is exactly why this man (indicating to the large blonde figure standing behind Jericho) is the TRUSTED personal security for the BEST light heavyweight there is, the BEST light heavyweight there was.....and.....well, you know the rest......Chris Jericho......and that’s why Jim Neidhart is NOT.....Bret says that it was only a matter of time before Jim Neidhart tried to screw them over......Bret and Owen simply pre-empted that.....

”......and if you needed anymore proof that Canadians are simply better people.....look no further than Lance Storm and Chris Jericho for two shining examples.....two men that have had their differences.....but two men that are working together for the greater good.....and that greater good, is taking the WWF Title away from Scott Steiner, before he tarnishes that once prestigious title for good......”

......Bret says that ever since that Winged Eagle belt has been out of his possession, it’s been marred by controversy and undeserving Champions.....but that all changes on Sunday Night.....Jericho takes the microphone now, stating that Bret is correct.....because on Sunday night, YOUR Canadian Hero, the Ayatollah of RocknRolla Chris Jericho, will be main eventing In Your House......where he will be defeating that big bloated muscle head Scott Steiner for the World Wrestling Federation Championship.....

”......that’s if there’s even anything left of Scott Steiner to face.....because tonight, my good close personal friend Lance Storm will be taking him to school.....because like it or not Steiner, this is the World WRESTLING Federation.....not the World Beat People With a Pipe Federation......and while like most Americans, you can only fight with a weapon in your hand, tonight you will be WRESTLING Lance Storm......a man wrestling for the pride of Canada.....for the pride of the Hart Foundation.....and for the pride of Chris Jericho......and while you might have got the better of my friend Lance in the back last week, I guarantee that Big Ploppa Dump will NOT get the best of Lance Storm in a wrestling match......

......in fact......Lance Storm is SO confident that he will defeat you tonight......that he will even put his WWF career on the line.......that’s right, if Lance Storm doesn’t defeat Big Ploppa Dump tonight, he will QUIT the World Wrestling Federation there and then........”

......Lance looks rather taken aback by that revelation.....it’s safe to say that he DOESN'T agree with that stipulation at all, and looks as though he’s about to correct Jericho, but Bret and Owen are quick to congratulate Storm on his dedication to the cause, telling him that they knew they had made the right decision in putting their faith in him.....and reluctantly, Storm allows Jericho’s stipulation to stand......if he can’t defeat the World Wrestling Federation Champion Scott Steiner in our main event, he is DONE.....good luck Lance, you’re gonna need it.

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.
VS

Last week, Al Snow and Chris Candido’s Tag Team match with Goldust and Marcus was rudely interrupted by Edge and Christian.....and as the contestants are making their entrances for this one we find out why, because we’re treated to an old school pre-taped picture in picture promo, as the two Canadians appear in the bottom left corner of our screen....they tell us that they were in the back last week, watching two non-teams in Snow/Candido and Goldust/Marcus wrestle, and all the commentators were talking about was the fact that a win here could give the victors a future Tag Title shot......they say that neither of these duo’s are even a real Tag Team.....Edge and Christian are a Tag Team......and Edge and Christian are getting that Tag Title shot......

....sure neither Al Snow and Chris Candido or Goldust and Marcus might be what you would consider a “real” Tag Team.....but then this time last year, neither were The New Age Outlaws, and they are the current reigning WWF Tag Team Champions....and Snow and Candido have been regularly teaming (and rather successfully so) for going on four months now.....they might not have an official team name, but then neither do Edge and Christian.....

......only two men can be legal at any one time here, and it’s one fall to a finish, meaning that getting in the match and staying in the match is the story of the bout, as the three teams battle it out with blind tags off the backs of their opponents in an attempt to be able to garner a pinball....it was a decent little match, which I’m sure would have been even better received.....

.......had the Headbangers, Mosh and Thrasher (a team seen only once before in the WWF, back in February’s Tag Team Battle Royal at In Your House) come running down the aisle, and give Edge and Christian a taste of their own medicine......because their interference, and the mass brawl and chaos that follows, leaves the official little choice but to declare a no contest for the second week running.

Winner(s): No Contest
Rating: B-

Quote:

We take a commercial break as the (now four) warring teams are separated.....and when we come back we are treated to the sight of Cactus Jack making his way down the aisle. He climbs into the ring. With a microphone to a great reception from the crowd, who have really taken to Mick Foley’s (one of many) alter ego.....Cactus thanks the crowd for their support....and more importantly their acceptance.....but if he could have their attention for just a moment, there are a few things he needs to get off his chest.......

”......see last week.....last week, Cactus Jack came out here and did what Cactus Jack does best......hurt someone.....I took Bill DeMott, a man disillusioned by the master manipulator Raven.....I took Bill DeMott and I brutalised him.....I tenderised him like a piece of meat.......I battered, bruised and beat the man to a pulp..........and I liked it.......I loved it.........it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.......and when I drove his skull into this canvas...........euphoria......

......but then I went home......I went home to my wife......to my children......and I tucked my little boy in to bed.....I kissed his head and told him goodnight.....I got my little girl.....my princess......and I read her her favourite bedtime story.....and when I kissed her goodnight, she asked me one question......”when is the bad man going to go away daddy?”........do you know the things that go through a fathers head, when his little girl starts talking about the “bad man”?.....

.....I sat her up and I asked her.....begged her to tell me.....who is the bad man....where is the bad man......and she said six words that carved a scar on my soul deeper than any broken glass.....than any barbed wire ever could......six simple words........”the bad man.....the bang man”.........and that’s when it hit me.......it was ME.......in the eyes of my daughter, I WAS THE BAD MAN......but as quickly as I realised that, I realised something else.......I was wrong......Raven was wrong......

......when Raven was doing everything he could to wake the monster.....to drag Cactus Jack back to the forefront.....I told him one thing......I told him that once it was free, there was no putting the genie back in the bottle......that once the monster was free, I couldn’t control it.....I couldn’t contain it......it would consume me until everything and everyone was burned in its wake.......but I was wrong......there was something that could contain it........and that is the look on my little girls face, when she looks in my eyes and doesn’t see daddy......she sees the bad man........well NO MORE......”

.......Cactus paces around the ring for a moment, before telling the crowd that if there's one thing that these last few months have taught him, it's that deep down inside, the monster will always be there.....Cactus Jack will always be there.....but what these last few DAYS have taught him....is that HE can control the monster....not the other way around....and what that means right now......

".........is that it's time for the bad man to go away......."

.....suddenly Cactus tears his shirt off with as much urgency and aggression as he usually reserves for his opponents........

.......to reveal a Dude Love shirt underneath.....and as the Dudes music starts to play, it looks like the Coolest Cat around is back, as the Dude boogies and jives all the way around the ring and up the aisle, before coming to a halt at the top of the entrance ramp, cutting a groove for the fans.......

......when the Corporate Cannon Brian Pillman comes running out from the back, whiplashing the Dudes neck with a stiff clothesline, before landing on top of him where he rains both blows and rabid spittle down on Love. Pillman finally picks the Dude up by the scruff of his tie-dye shirt and screams in his face that he's nothing but a disappointment, before tossing the Dude hard off the stage and onto the concrete below, where Love lands with a sickening "splat".....

......Jim Ross questions Pillman's motives here, but says that when you're dealing with a an individual as unpredictable as Brian Pillman, all bets are off when it comes to understanding the reasons that he does anything....and as the medical personnel rush out to attend to the Dude, we go to commercial.

Quote:

VS.

In six days time the New Age Outlaws will be putting the WWF Tag Team titles on the line against the Hardy Boys.....and with the tag team division really heating up around here, it could be the challengers only shot at the Gold for quite some time.....tonight however he get somewhat of a sneak peek at the action waiting for us Sunday, as The Road Dogg Jesse James and Jeff Hardy go one on one, it what turned out to be a pretty decent TV match.....

......both men agreed to keep their respective partners in the back for this one....but while Jeff Hardy was indeed a man of his word, did you really expect the New Age Outlaws to do the same? Of course not.....they're not called Outlaws for nothing.....and the essentially stole a victory here.....because as Jeff ascended to the top rope, looking for the Swanton Bomb, Bad Ass Billy Gunn came running down the aisle to cause the distraction that took Hardy's eye off his opponent.....Road Dogg scrambled back to his feet and took Jeff's feet out from under him, resulting in the youngster crashing hard to the mat......and one Pump Handled Slam later, it's the Outlaws heading into In Hour House with the momentum on their side.

Winner: The Road Dogg
Rating: B

Quote:

And by the looks of it, the Outlaws are looking to do more than just pick up the victory here tonight, as Billy enters the ring with a steel chair, which he smashes into the leg of the younger Hardy Brother, before tossing the foreign object onto the mat, as Road Dogg drags the wounded Jeff to his feet and holds him in position for what looks to be a Famouser attempt onto the steel chair.....

.....luckily for Jeff, before Gunn can deliver the final blow, Matt Hardy comes running out from the back.....sliding into the ring, and nailing Road Dogg in the back (which releases Jeff from his grip) then hits Billy Gunn with a dropkick that sends him bailing to the outside. Matt drags The Road Dogg back to his feet and looks to connect with the Twist of Fate, but Gunn reaches under the bottom rope and drags his partner to safety by the ankle, before the Champions retreat up the aisle, leaving Matt to check on his brother, as this tag team contest heats up just six days before In Your House.

Rating: B+

Quote:

VS.

This match comes about as a direct result of Ken Shamrock's match with Mark Canterbury....which saw Bradshaw interfere on Shamrock's behalf.....but only AFTER Bradshaw had been....."propositioned" shall we say, by Ted DiBiase.....surprisingly however, it seems that not EVERYONE has a price for the Million Dollar Man, and Bradshaw's services are NOT for sale, as illustrated by the Clothesline from Hell that Canterbury was on the receiving end of.....

.....so tonight, Bradshaw and Shamrock team up to face the Million Dollar Combination of Southern Justice, just six days before Ken Shamrock and Rich Steiner finally step between those ropes at In Your House. Southern Justice should have the upper hand in this one, being that they are the established team....but while Bradshaw and Shamrock may both be primarily singles competitors right now, Bradshaw is no stranger to tag team wrestling, having cut his teeth here in the WWF as a part of the Texas Long Riders (alongside Barry Windham) so Shamrock is in safe hands......and in a pretty decent match, it was the babyfaces that picked up the win, as Shammy makes Dennis Knight submit to the Ankle Lock.

Winners) Ken Shamrock & Bradshaw
Rating: B

Quote:

From there we go to a pre-taped sit down with Jerry "The King" Lawler and Mr. Perfect, where the King quickly recaps the fact that Perfect will be facing Faarooq at In Your House, in a match that really is all or nothing.....because while the winner will walk out of In Your House as the WWF Intercontinental Champion, the loser will walk out of In Your House with his pink slip, because his contract here with the WWF will be immediately terminated.....and The King has just one question......why did Perfect accept those terms? After all, Faarooq had no say in the matter, he was competing in this match regardless of his opponent, but Perfect didn't have to put his WWF career on the line, so why did he?......

.......Perfect says that it's simple, ever since he made his return to the ring back at the Survivor Series, he's been caught up with doubters, ungrateful punks and backstabbers......doubters that don't think Mr. Perfect can still go like he used to....that his back can't carry him to the heights of success that it once did......ungrateful punks like Billy Gunn and Jesse James.....and so called friends like Rick Rude stabbing him in the back.......Mr. Perfect needs to get back to doing what he does best.....and what he does best, is wear that Intercontinental Championship proudly around his waist.....he needs to prove that Mr. Perfect is STILL exactly what he says he is, and that is absolutely perfect.....he needs to prove it to the fans.....to the boys in the back.....but more importantly, he has to prove it to himself......why put his WWF career on the line to do so? Because if he CAN'T win.......if he ISN'T absolutely perfect anymore.......then he shouldn't be competing in the World Wrestling Federation to begin with......

.......Perfect cut a great promo here....heartfelt and to the point from one of the best talkers in the business, and considering the limited build for this match, Perfect really put across the importance of winning the bout in the space of one interview.......

.......an interview that is followed up by heading straight to the back, where Dok Hendrix is standing with four fifths of the Nation of Domination (poor Nelson is currently sat at home p!ssing blood with a ruptured bladder) as they stand gathered around a monitor watching the end of Perfects interview.....

.....Dok says that it's clear by watching that and hearing Perfect's words just how important winning the Intercontinental Championship is to him.....is Faarooq not concerned that a very fired up Mr. Perfect could not only spell the end of Faarooqs title reign, but the end of his World Wrestling Federation career as well.....

......Faarooq give Dok the old stink eye, telling him to shut the hell up......he says that the only thing coming to an end at In Your House, will be Mr. Perfects pathetic career...he says that despite whitey's best efforts, the Nation will continue to Dominate around here....because there's nothing more dangerous than a brother with his back to the wall.....he says make no mistake, Vince McMahon and the powers that be may be trying to stack the deck against the Nation......forcing Scorpio to defend the Light Heavyweight Championship against two men....basically handing the Rock's European Title to Sean Waltman, by making him put the belt on the line on a minutes notice......putting Faarooqs very career on the line......but make no mistake, Scorpio is keeping hold of that Light Heavyweight Gold......The Rock is going to make short work of the Kid, and take back his European Title.......and as for Faarooq, well you can all kiss goodbye to Mr. Perfect......because MAYBE you can hold a brother down......but you can't hold a Nation down......and the Nation of Domination are going to walk into In Your House a unit......we win as a unit......we WILL walk out victorious......by any means necessary.

Quote:

VS.

Our next match sees Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart in action inside a WWF ring for the first time in over two and a half years, as he looks to gain a measure of revenge against the Hart Foundation for betraying him, and Chris Jericho for embarrassing him....as he goes one on one with the Ayatollah of RocknRolla's (as yet un-named) personal security guard....a position that Neidhart himself thought he was filling last week, before Bret and Owen turned on him....

....speaking of Owen, he joins the commentary table for this one, where he essentially reiterates what was said earlier in the evening, that they simply pre-empted Neidharts inevitable attempt at screwing them over.....and replaced him with a superior, TRUSTWORTHY, Canadian counterpart.....when asked if this young man has a name, Owen simply says that you can call him Test.....and just like in high school, there's no way Neidhart is going to pass this Test....

.....so at least we have a name now......as for the match itself, it was pretty bad.....Test is still as green as green can be, and despite having a great look, is an absolute unknown.....Neidhart hasn't been seen here in the WWF for years and so has seen his popularity wane....plus he was never the greatest worker to begin with.....but in fairness, this match wasn't booked to give the fans a five star classic.....it was booked to showcase Test, and that's exactly what it did, because with an assist from Owen, the big man from Ontario, Canada was able to put the much more experienced Neidhart away with a running Big Boot......a big upset here, and a huge win to kickstart Test's WWF career.

Winner: Test
Rating: C-

Quote:

Following that we have a quick commercial break, before we go over to Jim Ross at the commentary desk, where he informs us that we are going to attempt to get some words from both Stone Cold Steve Austin and Ahmed Johnson ahead of their upcoming clash at In Your House......however, due to the two men’s volatile nature, Vince McMahon has decreed that neither man will be in attendance in the arena tonight.....instead we are treated to a split screen with Austin on one side and Ahmed, along with his manager Jim Cornette on the other, with both parties live on satellite from their respective homes......

......Ross thanks both men for agreeing to speak to us this evening, to which Jim Cornette says they SHOULD be thanking Ahmed Johnson for not turning up live at the building tonight, and kicking the hell out of the first person he saw......in fact, Ahmed Johnson being forced to stay at home tonight is probably the WORST thing that could happen to Stone Cold Steve Austin......actually it’s not the worst thing......the worst that could happen to Stone Cold Steve Austin is going to happen in just six days time, when Ahmed Johnson destroys the myth that Steve Austin is the so called toughest S.o.B in the WWF, just like Ahmed Johnson destroyed the myth and the legend that is the Undertaker at the King of the Ring.....but keeping Ahmed at home tonight is pretty bad too......because all that means is that Ahmed has a full week to sit......and get angrier......and get restless......and by the time that bell rings on Sunday night, he’s going to be chomping at the bit to take someone’s head off.....and unfortunately for Steve Austin, that someone is him.......and THEN, the countdown will be on until Summerslam......when Ahmed Johnson will quite rightfully be crowned as the man to beat, when he takes that World Wrestling Federation Championship......

......Austin interrupts here, telling Cornette to shut the hell up, because he wants to speak to the horses head, not the horses ass......

”.......Ahmed Johnson, never mind the toughest S.o.B in the WWF, but you must be the stupidest son of a bitch in the World Wrestling Federation to be picking a fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin.....all you had to do son, was sit around with your thumb up your ass until Summerslam, greasing yourself up with all that damn baby oil, and then maybe......MAYBE your ass would have had a shot at taking that WWF Title.....but now, now you’ve gone and p!ssed me off, and the only thing your ass has a shot of taking now, is Stone Cold Steve Austin's boot straight up in it.......

......you walk around thinking you're the biggest and the baddest just because you beat the Undertaker, but I promise you son, you bought this all on yourself by being a damn jackass and putting your greasy little hands on me....the way I see it, is this right here is win win for Steve Austin.....cause you got something I want.....and it's something I've never had.....and that's a one on one shot at the World Wrestling Federation Championship...."

......Austin says that Ahmed isn't the only one around here to win the King of the Ring tournament....except unlike Johnson, Steve Austin's WWF Championship match was a triple threat match between himself, Scott Steiner and Shawn Michaels......just like his LAST WWF Championship match was a triple threat match between himself, Scott Steiner and Brian Pillman.......as far as Steve Austin is concerned, he and Scott Steiner have some unfinished business and if Ahmed Johnson is unable to compete at Summerslam, well then Stone Cold Steve Austin would be happy to take his place......

.....Jim Cornette chuckles at this, stating that Steve Austin couldn't fill Ahmed Johnson's jock strap let alone his boots....and the only thing that is going to be replaced around here, is the man who holds the World Wrestling Federation Championship.....because after Ahmed is done tossing Steve Austin around like the waste of oxygen that he is, Ahmed Johnson is going to go right on to Summerslam, where he will take his rightful place at the top of the WWF mountain....

"......and Austin, don't blame Ahmed Johnson because you're too stupid to negotiate a one on one WWF Title match.....and don't blame Ahmed Johnson for being intelligent enough in the first place to align himself with a manager that knows how to get the best for his client......but I'll tell you what, since Ahmed Johnson knows that there is NOBODY in the WWF that he can't defeat, when he DOES win that WWF Championship at Summerslam......he'll give you that one on one title shot that you've been wanting.....except, once In Your House is done......you won't want to face Ahmed Johnson ever again......"

Quote:

VS.

It's time for the semi main event of the evening now.....and a match so good it could easily have main evented the show on its own merit.....as the British Bulldog went one on one with his brother in-law Owen Hart, in what was a particularly heated contest, both from an in ring aspect as well as in the crowd response, because they were on fire for this one.....and rightly so, because Davey and Owen put on a hell of a showing for them, and even though the match wasn't overly long they managed to keep the fans on the edge of their seats throughout.....

......obviously these two men are hardly strangers to one another, not only are they family but they are also former WWF Tag Team Champions, and up until a few weeks ago, stable mates too.......all that changed however, when the Hart Brothers paranoia changed THEM....as they turned on Davey Boy, who in all honestly had done little to deserve their abuse......he did plenty in this one however.....

.....being the powerhouse, as well as the fan favourite in the match, Davey looked like an absolute superstar in the opening minutes of this, with Owen going all out to make sure that the Bulldog looks like an absolute star, bumping like a selling machine for his brother in-law, before taking control of the match for himself.......Davey then returns the favour, selling for his smaller opponent like his life depended on it as Owen utilises his technical ability to work over the Bulldog on the mat....at least, until Owen took that Hart patented sternum first turnbuckle bump, and Davey Boy was able to claw his way back into this.........so much so that it looked as though he was going to run to victory as he hoisted Owen up onto his shoulder for that Running Powerslam..........

.......which he would have probably used to pin Owen Harts shoulders to the mat for the three count, had The Hitman not hit the ring, pulling Owen off of Daveys shoulder, before nailing the Bulldog right in the balls with a low blow, directly in front of the official......who has little choice but to disqualify Owen Hart, as Owen and Bret pounce on their brother in-law.....

Winner: The British Bulldog (via Disqualification)
Rating: A

Quote:

Obviously punishing their brother in-law is more important to the Harts here than actually picking up the victory.....but then as Davey Boy is pounded into the mat, he doesn’t look like much of a victor either....in fact, he looks to be in serious trouble......especially when the Hitman drags him over to a nearby corner, where he wraps his legs around the steel post, before applying a figure four leg lock to the Brit, who screams out in pain as Bret hangs off his legs......

......and he may have inflicted permanent damage, had The Anvil not come running down the aisle with a steel chair in hand, chasing Bret and Owen from the ring area and retreating to the back, before checking on Davey Boy, who looks to be in some considerable pain, as we go to a promo for Sunday nights In Your House event.

Quote:

VS.

Pride of Canada Match: Lance Storm will quit if he does not win

It’s main event time now, and also time for possibly the most important match of young Lance Storm’s career......victory here is a victory over the World Wrestling Federation Scott Steiner.....a win that will surely grant him a title opportunity somewhere down the road.......defeat however, means that Lance Storm’s career here in the WWF will come to an abrupt end.....it really is all or nothing here for the young Canadian.....

......his odds do improve slightly however just before the opening bell rings, because once the two men have made their entrances the music of Chris Jericho begins to play, as the Ayatollah of RocknRolla makes his way out, with his bodyguard following closely behind....he makes his way over to the announce desk where he joins Jim Ross and Rick Rude on commentary, while the man dubbed “Test” earlier in the evening positions himself behind Jericho, arms crossed, surveying for threats to Jericho’s safety......

........there’s a pretty big threat to Jericho’s safety right there in the ring, as Scott Steiner has some choice words for his In Your House opponent.....in fact he’s so distracted by the appearance of Jericho that Lance Storm is able to blindside the WWF Champion from behind, and this match is underway.....

......and what a match it was, this really was tremendous.....I was a little hesitant at placing this in the main event, simply because of the fact that while Lance Storm is an excellent in ring worker, he is nowhere near Scott Steiner in terms of position on the card, he really is a midcarder at best and that’s on a good day....which is why I was tempted to put the Owen and Bulldog contest as the final match of the evening, in the end though I decided to trust my Champion, and boy did Scotty deliver.....he worked his ass off in this, putting in a real A* performance, managing to not only look like a dominant Champion, but also managed to make Storm look like a real threat at the same time.......so much so that even the slightly screwy ending to this one didn’t derail from the match quality......

......and it was an ending that saw Chris Jericho remove his headset and stand to whisper something in Test’s ear....the big man nodded and made his way around the opposite side of the ring, where he hopped up onto the apron, drawing the attention of the official, while Chris Jericho snatched the WWF Title belt from the timekeepers table and entered the ring...........

........where he nailed Lance Storm right in the back of the head.........

.......he hops back out the ring, with neither the official OR Scott Steiner any the wiser, with both of them distracted by the presence of Test.....who seeing that Jericho has done the deed, jumps down from the apron and resumes his position, arms crossed behind his client.......

.......Steiner returns his attention to his opponent, and while he does look confused as to why Storm is face down on the mat, it doesn’t stop him from locking on the Steiner Recliner......and as the referee raises and drops Storms arm for the third time, this one, just like Lance Storm’s WWF Career......is over.......

Winner: Scott Steiner

Quote:

.....the second the bell rings however, and before Steiner even has chance to release the hold, Jericho is back in the ring, nailing the WWF Champion in the back of the head with his own title belt.....Scotty goes down and Jericho informs Test to go to work on him, while he helps a groggy Lance Storm to his feet.......Storm tries to shake the cobwebs away as Jericho dusts him down, asking what just happened? Jericho waits for Storm to regain his composure, before telling him......

”.......I happened you stupid son of a bitch.....”

.....and nailing him with a short Clothesline, before dropping down and hammering him with blows to the face, shouting at him to remember that it was Chris Jericho that cost him his job......that it was Chris Jericho who proved which of them is the better man......and it’s going to be Chris Jericho that is the World Wrestling Federation Champion, while Lance Storm is out of a job like the waste of space talent that he is......

......Steiner is still down thanks to that belt shot from Jericho, and Test has ensured that he stayed down, but now Jericho drags him back to his feet, telling Test to back up and take his head off with that running Big Boot.......Test complies and Steiner soon finds himself flat on his back......where Jericho follows it up with a Lionsault that drives all of the air out of the WWF Champion, before Jericho picks up the winged eagle belt......holding it high in the air as he proclaims himself to be not only the best light heavyweight in the world.......but the NEXT World Wrestling Federation Champion......and of In Your House goes the same way as this beatdown, he just might be.

Final Rating: A