View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2018, 06:51 AM
Major League

Week 1, August 1997
Reunion Arena (Dallas, Texas)
ATT: 15,556
TV: 33.03

Quote:

We open up the show tonight to a far less chaotic scene than last week......as Shawn Michaels makes his way down the aisle (something that was a regular opening segment at one point) along with the gorgeous Sunny on his arm......the power couple of the WWF aren't coming alone however.....the Corporate Cannon Brian Pillman is stalking his way down the aisle along with them, cackling maniacally as he goes, while The Nature Boy Ric Flair and The Enforcer Arn Anderson round up the bunch.....

......the quintet enter the ring, with Flair taking Sunny by the hand and spinning her around 360 degrees so that the crowd can appreciate how truly stunning she is.....it's an appreciative crowd too.....Shawn Michaels has spent the best part of eighteen months being booed out of every building he's stepped foot in, but he's home in Texas right here.....and it might not be San Antonio, but this Dallas crowd certainly give The Heartbreak Kid (and everyone else by proxy) a warm welcome.....not that it lasts long......Shawn takes a microphone and thanks the crowd for the reception, telling them that it must be great for them to be in the presence of a truly great Texan......instead of being surrounded in mediocrity like they are for the other 364 days of the year.......

".....because lets face it, Texas Born.....Texas Bred......most of you morons look.....AND smell......like you've been Texas Dead for a while now......."

........ah cheap heel heat, you've gotta love it.......Michaels says that luckily for them, The Heartbreak Kid is there to put a little bit of San Antonio shine into their pathetic little lives......

".....and believe me when I say, you ain't getting rid of me anytime soon......unfortunately, the same can't be said for Kevin Nash......because in less than three weeks time, at Summerslam, the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels is going to put Big Gimpy out of the WWF once and for all......"

......Michaels tells Nash that it's been The Showstopper that has been carrying his big seven foot ass on his back since the day Nash arrived here four years ago.....he plucked him from obscurity and made him a mega star......made him the number two guy in the business (behind the Heartbreak Kid obviously)......and more importantly, made him a hell of a lot of money......but instead of being grateful.....instead of knowing his place.....Nash, and ALL of the Wolfpac got greedy, and stabbed the man that bought them all to the dance in the back.......and at Summerslam, Nash....Hall.....Waltman....they're all going to find out what happens when you cross THE MAN........because Ric Flair and Double A, they're going to take care of the two C-Listers......while Kevin Nash finds himself out of a job......

"......because I've said it before......and I'll say it again......The Heartbreak Kid lays down for NOBODY........"

......Michaels passes the microphone to Double A, who tells Nash that he's as stupid as he is big if he thinks putting his career on the line against Shawn Michaels is a good idea......he says that Shawn can MAKE a career inside this ring, he can BREAK a career inside this ring......and at Summerslam, he's going to END a career inside this ring......which just leaves Hall and Waltman.....two men with no identity of their own......they spent twelve months playing second fiddle to the Heartbreak Kid, and the last six months as background characters in the Kevin Nash show......they're unimportant.....inconsequential......bit part players......and at Summerslam.....Flair and Anderson are going to show the world just how insignificant those two wannabe wolves really are.......something that Ric Flair echoes when he takes the microphone......

"........Scott Hall........Sean Waltman........there's an old saying about being careful of wolves in sheep's clothing.....well you two pissants, you are the complete antithesis of that........you're nothing but two sheep.....in wolves clothes......two followers without an independent thought of your own, PLAYING at being the tough guys while you hide behind your seven foot buddy there......Kevin Nash......Scott Hall.........the only reason EITHER one of you two is even relevant in this great sport, is because Shawn Michaels MADE you relevant......Shawn Michaels took a seven foot lumbering idiot, gave him a black glove and a cheap pair of sunglasses, stood him next to the Heartbreak Kid.....and made him a STAR.......Shawn Michaels took a ladder.......wrapped it around Razor Ramon's head......and he made that greasy haired, fake gold wearing chump a somebody......

.....Flair takes off his jacket and tosses it on the mat, before dragging the camera monkey in close and showing him the diamond encrusted gold Rolex around his wrist.....

"........you see this right here? THIS is gold.....this is the REAL deal, just like the Nature Boy......this is a ten thousand dollar watch, and I've got three of them.....I can spend more on one piece of jewellery, than you people can spend on food for the entire year...........(Flair stops for a minute to point out a fan in the front row)...........well..........not you fat boy.......all the Rolex's in the world aren't going to be enough to feed your fat ass.......Hall, Waltman.......Summerslam is right around the corner.......and it's going to be a bad night for you......and a great night for us........because The Nature Boy........The Enforcer.........we're going to put the lid on the coffin of the Wolfpac.......before the Heartbreak Kid nails it shut..........

........Flair hands the microphone over to Brian Pillman, before treating the (now less than appreciative) crowd to a trademark strut......The Corporate Cannon is unusually reserved here.....choosing to speak directly to Dude Love through the camera......he says this would usually be the part where the protagonist would explain his motives......

"......the only problem with that, is the fact that I'm Brian "F'N" Pillman......and I'm not one for complying and following the rules.......and unlike YOU, I don't need to pander to the wretched refuse in the crowd......I do what I want to do, when I want to do it.......and as far as giving you an explanation goes......right now, I just don't want to.......what I WILL give you however, is a date.......August 24th........Summerslam........if your new found delicate persona has a problem with the Crowned Prince of Chaos slapping the tie dye off his fat ass........well, you can always meet me in the ring and see if you can do something about it........but "Dude Love"........I don't think you can......."

......with that, Pillman tosses the microphone to the mat......and Summerslam is really shaping up, as we appear to have added another match......Brian Pillman against (should he accept) Dude Love.

Rating: A*

Quote:

VS.

Winner to be entered into Four Way WWF European Title Match at Summerslam

Last week Mr. McMahon announced a number of matches for Summerslam.....matches with severe consequences, if no competitors......because if you want entry into these Title bouts, you're going to have to earn it.....AND put it all on the line.....because to the winner goes the spoils, while to the loser......goes nothing but a trip to the unemployment line......because one man/team from each match, will be fired.....

.....with that, it's time to see who is going to be the first man entered into the match for the Rock's European Championship.....as Barry Windham goes one on one with the Million Dollar Corporation's Jeff Jarrett.....in what was actually, a very good match.....obviously both of these two are solid if not spectacular when it comes to ring work, and they worked great together here tonight as they treated to fans to a taste of southern grappling....

.....both of these men could do with a programme soon....in fact Jarrett in particular is probably begging out for something to do......after never really finding his niche as of yet in the Million Dollar Corporation, he's somewhat of the forgotten man around here, someone I keep meaning to give a push too but then never seem to get around to it (incidentally, he's quietly gone about his business, getting himself over enough to recently Auto-Push to main event with no real attempt on my behalf......a fact which in itself should really be rewarded with SOME kind of push).......

.......Jarrett is certainly higher than the level I perceived the European Championship to be at as our third tier singles title.....but then realistically, so is current Champion The Rock.....regardless it's Jarrett that advances to the Summerslam bout here, picking up the win with a handful of tights.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett
Rating: B+

Quote:

From there we go backstage, where Dok Hendrix is with the man who will be defending the European Title against Jeff Jarrett (amongst others) at Summerslam, The Rock......obviously the man is not alone however, because where one Nation member goes, the whole Nation of Domination goes (well, the healthy ones anyway)......

......Dok says it's going to be a big night for the Nation at Summerslam......because not only do they risk losing two Championships, they also risk losing two members......as both The Rock and Scorpio could find themselves fired should they be the participant that has their shoulders pinned to the mat......Faarooq snatches the microphone away from Hendrix, clearly the man isn't in a good mood tonight......

"......first things first Hendrix, who the hell does Vince McMahon think he is? Not content with forcing ME to put my title AND my career on the line two weeks ago at In Your House......a plan which failed by the way, because I'm still here....and I'm still the Intercontinental Champion......not content with THAT, now he's gonna do everything he can to try and screw the Nation out of not ONLY the European and Light Heavyweight Titles, but out of two of its members too......can you really look me in the eye Dok Hendrix, and tell me that "the man" isn't trying to hold the Nation down?......."

.......Dok says that in all fairness, it's not just The Rock and Scorpio who will be putting their careers on the line in that match.....every participant will be......

"........Dok you know as well as I do that every other participant in those matches will be there by CHOICE......if their stupid asses want to put their careers on the line that's down to them......The Rock......Scorpio......they're being FORCED to do so against their will.....because the MAN says so........"

.......Faarooq says that no matter what McMahon throws at them however, it won't stop them......one way or another, The Rock and Scorpio will be walking out victorious at Summerslam......

"........against one man, two or three.....the result will still be the same.....because no matter how high you stack the deck, the Nation of Domination will overcome, I guarantee you that......by ANY means necessary........"

......Faarooq hands the microphone to The Rock, who looks down at the European Championship on his shoulder before raising an eyebrow at Dok Hendrix.......

"........and what do we mean by ANY means necessary Dok Hendrix......what do you think that means?........"

"........well, I.........."

"........IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK.......see the fact of the matter is this, the Rock is going to go out there.....August 24th.....Summerslam.......three opponents.....three jabroni's.....three hot steaming pieces of monkey crap for the Rock take his pick from......or maybe Dok......maybe......just two......because if the Rock is correct.....and he usually is......these qualifying matches are open to anyone right?.....and it just so happens that Kama is dressed and ready to compete......MAYBE, the odds will be a little bit more in the Nation's favour than Vince McMahon was expecting......"

......with that the Rock slaps Kama on his big shoulder, as the four men walk off, presumably in the direction of the ring.

Rating: A

Quote:

VS.

The Nation of Domination clearly believed they had found a little loophole here, as Kama looks to insert himself into the Rock's European Title match at Summerslam.....and if they weren't confident before, they were when Kama's opponent was revealed to be Matt Hardy....a young man predominantly known as a tag team wrestler......a very young tag team wrestler at that.....and after the New Age Outlaws destroyed his brother at In Your House, a very young tag team wrestler without a partner......

......clearly seeing the writing on the wall here, the official does at least attempt to even the odds by ordering the rest of the Nation to return to the back.......but even one on one, picking up a victory against the much bigger Kama is going to be no easy task......highlighted by the fact that Kama brutalises this young man.....overpowers him, and beats the snot out of him.....and in all honestly, had he not been toying with his opponent, could have probably won the match on a number of occasions......finally it seemed like Kama had enough of playing with Matt, grabbing him by the face and telling him that he's going to sharing a hospital room with his brother after this, before positioning him for a brainbuster......

........the mention of his brother appeared to be somewhat of a wake up call to Hardy however, and as Kama lifted him high in the air he wiggled free, landing behind the big man, where he spins him around and drops him with the Twist of Fate, quickly making the cover.....and while Kama DID manage to get his shoulder up, it was a split second after the officials hand struck the canvas for the third time.....and as Kama angrily gets back to his feet, Matt Hardy bolts from the ring and away to safety......victory in the bag along with a shot at the European Championship at Summerslam.

Winner: Matt Hardy
Rating: B

Quote:

With Kama still seething in the ring we go to commercial, and when we come back it's to the unexpected sight of Bradshaw and Kane going at it in the back........not that seeing a brawl on Raw is War is unexpected......what's unexpected if the sight of someone WILLINGLY getting into a brawl with the Big Red Machine Kane.....a seven foot monster that most people would go out of their way to avoid.....not Bradshaw however, who after a Chokeslam on the outside last week, followed by a Tombstone on the inside, is clearly looking for a little bit of retribution here.......

.......the two men are brutalising each other throughout the bowels of the building, brawling their way through the backstage area.....and while Bradshaw is certainly getting his shots in, it's safe to say that Kane's blows are having the most impact......at least until they reach a production area, where Bradshaw slams Kane into a steel roller door, before grabbing hold of the long metal chain that operates the roller, wrapping it around his fist, and punching the holy hell out of the Big Red Machine with what is essentially now one big brass knuckle......

.......the Monster finally goes down, and Bradshaw unwraps the chain, before using it as a steel whip to punish the big man, before finally relinquishing the weapon and backing up, winding up his arm and looking for that big Clothesline From Hell......not that he gets to unleash it.....because that's exactly when a group of security guards rush the area and drag the angry Texan away......the remaining backstage personnel turn to check on Kane, but before they reach him the Red Demon sits bolt upright......

......he stands to his feet and grabs two of the backstage workers by the throat, delivering a huge double Chokeslam to the unfortunate workers......there are three men left and they are stood frozen to the spot like deer in the headlights, as Kane launches them one by one into the hard walls, before storming off in the direction of Bradshaw......this one is far from over.

Quote:

VS.
VS.

Winner to be entered into Four Way WWF Tag Team Title Match at Summerslam

While this match was set to to add our fourth and final team into the WWF Tag Team Title match at Summerslam, it also served as a prime view of sorts for how that match was going to go down.....because much like our Summerslam bout, this was one fall to a finish......and truth be told, I was kind of expecting this match to go down about as well as a fart in church.....no knock on anyone's ability, but The Headbangers and High Voltage have literally JUST arrived here in the WWF and are as unknown as unknown can be.......The Harris Boys aren't even jobbers to the stars, they're just jobbers in general......which just left Edge and Christian as the one team anyone was going to care about......but in all honesty, this really wasn't that bad......

.......it was everything you could expect......lots of tagging in and out.....lots of scrambling to become the legal team....but in the end it was Edge and Christian that came out victorious, after Edge got the pinfall on (unsurprisingly) Don Harris......which means our Summerslam final four is set......The New Age Outlaws will be defending the WWF Tag Team Titles against Al Snow and Chris Candido.....Harlem Heat......and Edge and Christian.......one of these teams will be walking out with gold.......and one with pink......their pink slip that is......because the team that eats the loss.......will be fired.

Winner(s): Edge & Christian
Rating: B-

Quote:

After a brief hype video, highlighting Summerslam and all the matches announced so far, it's back down to ringside, where the seven foot Psycho Sid is making his way to the ring......and he's not alone.....he has the man who made a surprise appearance last week.....Sid's current (and Ravens former) mentor.....Jake Roberts......although quite why the Snake has chosen to guide Sid through his sea of madness is anyone's guess......however as the two men take a microphone, we just might find out why.......

.....Sid gets a solid reception as always, the man is never not over (no matter how shocking his in ring work is) and Jake gets quite the pop too considering he hasn't been seen in a WWF ring for near on five years now.......Sid tells the crowd that he warned Raven.....he told him that he had someone in his ear.....someone that knew Raven better than Raven knows himself.....and that man, is this man......Jake "The Snake" Roberts.......

.......Jake takes the microphone.....and says he's been gone a long time.....and not just from the WWF.....he taps a finger to the side of his head, saying he was gone a long time in here too......

".......and truthfully, I didn't know if I would ever come back......didn't know if I deserved to come back.....I've done a lot of things in my life, a lot of things I'm not proud of.....and not too much that I am proud of.....I lived most of my life in pain.....not physical pain, emotional pain....I walked a long, dark, lonely road.....and the only time I felt alive, was by tarnishing anything good that I touched.......until the purest good of all touched me......I saw the light.....I confessed my sins, and there were a LOT of them.....I asked for forgiveness and I was saved......and I thought that was it.....thought I was done with this life......until Sid reached out for me and I realised the task that had been placed before me......a chance to undo some of the evil I did......see, make no mistake, I'm not here as a manager......I'm not here as a mentor......I'm not here to guide the career of Psycho Sid......I'm here for one reason, and one reason only........I'm here to save Raven......"

.........of course, judging by the look on the face of Raven, as he makes his way out with the Flock.....Raven may not want to be saved......that's if he even believes he needs saving in the first place......he comes to a halt on the entrance way, and obviously has a microphone with him, and it would seem that his initial shock from last week at Jake costing him the match with Sid has been replaced by anger........

".......save me?......SAVE ME?.......you think yourself some guardian angel now......it was YOU that pushed me into the dark, now you look for me in the light and you wonder why I'm not there?......do you know what hypocrisy is Snake?.....hypocrisy is the audacity to preach integrity from a den of corruption.....YOU can no more save ME than the devil could save a demon......I don't need saving.....I don't need you......MY Flock need ME......and if you continue to meddle in my affairs, they WILL destroy you......the fact that you've not already been reduced to a bloody puddle of viscera on that mat is the ONLY allowance I will make for the part YOU played in shaping me......but it's an allowance I will make only once.....walk away.....slither back under whatever rock you crawled out from.......or my Flock will destroy you......"

.......Jake tells Raven that he canít do that......because saving the Flock is the first step on the road to saving Raven......he says that the Flock is a perfect example of how far Jakes toxic touch has spread......as Raven has gone from the Snakes student, to the Flocks teacher, based on the things that Jake Roberts taught........

Ē.......you need to free the Flock in order to free yourself.......Christopher Daniels, Crush.....Wrath......theyíve begun to see the light......theyíve begun to see the career they COULD have out from under the shadow of the Flock......Bill DeMott.....heíll see too......and Raven....when you cast away the shackles that bind you......when you free yourself from the weight of the Flock around your neck.....you WILL fly to heights greater than even I could imagine......Trust Me.......Ē

......Raven looks around at the men surrounding him, the look of doubt clearly etched on their faces as he turns angrily back to Jake.....

Ē.......no, trust me.......you might think youíre saving me......but all youíre doing is condemning Sid......because while you waste your time in this futile redemption story.....while you TRY and save me......Iím going to destroy HIM......Quote the Raven.....Nevermore......Ē

.......and with that Raven turns and orders the Flock to the back......and while they do leave in unison, you can see the reluctance on the part of Daniels and The Dogs of War.....as the Snakeís words begin to take effect.

Rating: A*

Quote:

From there we go to a quick cut scene of Chris Jericho and Test standing outside of Mr. McMahonís office with the boss himself......weíve obviously missed the bulk of the conversation, but Vince appears to be asking Jericho if heís sure about something, to which Jericho replyís that heís never been surer......Vince shrugs his shoulders, telling him alright, itís his career......before telling him that he has a deal, as Jericho smiles and walks away, bodyguard in tow.

Rating: N/A

Quote:

VS.

Winner to be entered into Four Way WWF Light Heavyweight Title Match at Summerslam

Speaking of careers, along with the Light Heavyweight Title, the careers of the four men involved will also be on the line at Summerslam, when Scorpio puts the gold on the line......we already know that Dean Malenko is going to be one of the opponents, itís time to find out whoís going to be next, when Rey Mysterio battles Chavo Guerrero......

.....this was a decent match considering Chavoís rather limited appearances here in the WWF (and usually on the loosing end of his matches) they two men showcased the Light Heavyweight division perfectly with their high flying display that really had the crowd on the edge of their seats........

.........at least until the Ayatollah of RocknRolla made his way down the aisle with Test......and there was nothing clandestine about their methods......Jericho simply ordered Test to go......and the big man hit the ring, nailing Mysterio right between the eyes with a running Big Boot that turned the man inside out......although on a brighter note for Rey, the disqualification victory does give him entry into the Summerslam fatal four way.....so maybe he should thank Test.......not right now obviously, heís unconscious.....maybe when he comes to.

Winner: Rey Mysterio (via Disqualification)

Quote:

Jericho walks slowly into the ring to a chorus of booís with a microphone in hand, where he stands over the fallen Mysterio.....Chavo doesnít look to pleased at the fact that heís just been cost a shot at the Light Heavyweight Championship, but a glare from Test soon has him hightailing in to the back.......Jericho says that people are probably wondering WHY he would guarantee Mysterio entry into the Light Heavyweight Fatal Four Way.......well the answer is quite simple......thatís because the fourth member of that match......

Ē.......IS ME.......see, Mr. McMahon, being the bastion of knowledge that he is, knows full well that Chris Jericho is the BEST light heavyweight there is......the BEST light heavyweight there was......and the BEST light heavyweight there ever will be........and because of that, Iím going to be the LAST light heavyweight there ever was......

.......Jericho pauses for a moment to let that sink in, before explaining himself......because so confident is he in his abilities......so confident is he that he IS the light heavyweight division......that heís selflessly done Scorpio, Malenko and Mysterio a solid......because their careers, will NOT be on the line at Summerslam.......only one career will......and thatís Chris Jerichoís......

Ē.......and itís all or nothing for me.......Malenko beats Junior here, Iím gone......Scorpio beats Malenko, Iím out......Junior beats Scorpio, Iím out the door.......gone......finito......done.......

.......now I know you morons are probably asking yourselves why.......why would you do that Chris.......well the answers simple, so simple that even you Dallas Dimwits can figure it out.......because if I win.......not only do I become the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, for the second time I may add......not only do I become the Champ......but the Light Heavyweight Division.......is DONE......GONE......FINITO......RETIRED......and WHY is my career the only one on the line? So Malenko.......so Mysterio.......so every other light heavyweight competitor can sit in the WWF knowing that they can NEVER call themselves the face of the light heavyweight division......because Chris Jericho IS the light heavyweight division.....and none of you monkeys will ever......EEEEEEEVER.....wear that light heavyweight title.....again......Ē

Quote:

VS.

So far we know that The Rock will be defending the WWF European Championship at Summerslam against Jeff Jarrett and Matt Hardy.....itís time to find out who will be the final competitor to place his career on the line in that match, as Ken Shamrock faces off against the Bizarre One, Goldust.......

.......this is a decent little match, with Shamrock showing his acting chops as he sells the disgust at some of Goldusts more unusual antics......Goldie on the other hand seems almost distracted......as if his mind is elsewhere, and with Marcus surprisingly absent from ringside, The Bizarre One keeps checking in on Marlena, asking her if heís got ďitĒ yet.......quite what ďitĒ is the commentators are unsure.......but it becomes a little clearer when Marcus makes his appearance halfway through the match, running down the aisle glancing nervously over his shoulder......with what looks suspiciously like Scott Steinerís patented lead pipe in his hand......

.......he tosses the pipe to Goldust, who lets out a little shiver of joy as he catches it.....creeping just about everyone in attendance out as he holds the object under his nose and gives it a long sniff, before turning to face Shamrock.......instead of using the pipe as a weapon however, he appears to be somewhat worshipping it, caressing it with his fingers before blowing a kiss at his opponent as he performs a rather lewd looking act on the phallus shaped object with his hand.......and thatís too much for Shamrock to take.......the man absolutely snaps and charges at Goldust, taking him down to the mat where he flips the man over and locks on the Ankle Lock.....causing Goldust to submit almost instantly.......and while Shammy doesnít want to let go......and doesnít appear as if heís going to let go......he does finally relent just as the official threatens to reverse the decision, before storming to the back, screaming as he goes, as Goldust lays on the mat, still cradling Big Poppa Pumps Big Pipe.....much to the confusion of the commentators.

Winner: Ken Shamrock

Quote:

VS.

So with that, itís main event time here......as once again Scott Steiner and Steve Austin are forced to forge an uneasy alliance against a common enemy, this time in the shape of the unlikely partnership of Ahmed Johnson and Bret Hart.....although in fairness, Ahmed is one of a very select few individuals that the Hitman doesnít seem to have a problem with......although with Ahmedís recent history, thatís probably a wise move......

......Austin on the other hand has a problem with everyone in this match, including his own partner, with Steiner and Stone Cold never really settling their differences in a one on one setting.......he still owes Ahmed Johnson an ass whipping after Ahmedís (admittedly blood loss aided) victory over him a few weeks back.....and as for the Hitman, he and Austin have been feuding in and off for over a year now.....

......we get a preview of sorts for Summerslam here, where Steiner and Ahmed will be battling over the WWF Championship, while Austin and Hart will be battling for pride in a no holds barred match......and while each man gets a taste of his upcoming opponent here, Austin and Steiner spend as much time bickering amongst themselves as they do working over their opponents......itís been a very promo heavy show too.....so the match didnít get as long as we would usually afford our main event matches, but it was long enough to get the point across........

........and it was long enough for this man to play his part......as Owen made his way down the ring, both distracting the official and discreetly tossing his brother what appears to be a set of Brass Knucks at the same time......and as Austin and Steiner bicker, Ahmed sends Steiner bundling to the outside, while the Hitman lives up to his name, taking out Stone Cold with a shot to the back of the head with the foreign object that he quickly slips inside his trunks.......he slaps on the Sharpshooter as the official turns around, but Austin is in no state to submit......in fact heís out cold......and when heís unresponsive to the officials prompts, the ref has no choice but to stop the match.

Winner(s): Ahmed Johnson & Bret Hart
Rating: B+

Quote:

With Austin down, Ahmed and The Hart Foundation turn their respective attention towards Big Poppa Pump.....who is soon overwhelmed by the three on one assault.....so much so that Ahmed tells Bret and Owen to back off so that he can punish his Summerslam opponent alone......Ahmed is a scary individual as of late, so the Harts donít need asking twice, as they turn their attention back to Stone Cold, who is slowly coming back around......

......unsurprisingly this Texas crowd is going crazy for Austin, loudly chanting his name in an effort to rally the man......and it works.....sort of.......Austin does indeed manage to fight his way back to his feet and begins rocking Bret and Owen with right hands.......at least until he gets cut off by a chop block from the Hitman......and heís down again......

.......which is when help arrives in the form of the British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith......who dives into the ring and begins to fight off his former teammates.....he fights a good fight, but again itís two on one......and when Ahmed sees the intrusion he stops his assault of Steiner just long enough to nail Davey in the back of the head with a stiff Clothesline.....and just like that the Bulldog is down too.......so you would assume things looked pretty bleak for the fan favourites......

......had it not been for the fact that the brief reprise that the Bulldogs arrival had granted Austin was enough for the Texas native to slide to the outside and pick up a steel chair.......which he crashes into the backs of first Owen, then Bret.......and finally Ahmed.....but while The Harts quickly bail to the outside after the first blow, Ahmed is going nowhere......and and after three more strikes with the steel, all Austin has done is back the big bull up against the ropes........

........which is when Scotty comes charging across the ring, sending Ahmed over the top and crashing to the floor with a huge Steinerline.......

.......Ahmed looks as though he still wants to fight, but the Harts have had enough and they quickly exit to the back, as the show goes off the air to the sight of a frantic Jim Cornette attempting to convince a p!ssed off Ahmed Johnson to do the same......Summerslam is certainly going to be a heated affair if tonightís scenes are anything to go by.

Final Rating: B+