View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2018, 09:06 AM
All Star

WFC Community Cup 2016
Saturday, Week 3, January 2016
9 people in Saskatchewan

Quote:

Backstage Segment

Lincoln Nash had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Seung Zhi. Nash says he might have had a rocky start with the fans here at WFC, but now they are on the same page he knows he can't lose. He thanks everyone for their donations and tells everyone to join him at the local pub after the event for some adult beverages.

Rating: E
Quote:

George Trent vs. Jim Heatly
Wildcard Qualifier #1 Final

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Jim Heatly defeated George Trent in 6:55 by pinfall after hitting Trent with a pair of brass knuckles.

Rating: F+
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Jim Heatly had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his previous match with George Trent. Adam tries to complain about what just happened, but Jim cuts Sullivan off. With a gigantic smirk, Jim states that he can't talk right because he needs to ice his hand down due to punching George Trent so hard. He then tells Adam that he'll see him next month before walking out of the building.

Rating: E-
Quote:

Jon Diamani vs. Khrome
Wildcard Qualifier #2 Final

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jon Diamani defeated Khrome in 7:45 by pinfall with a Knee To The Temple.

Rating: E
Quote:

In-Ring Segment

Jon Diamani starts to celebrate his victory, but it's cut short thanks to an angry Khrome. The hooded monster, slams Diamani into the side of the ring and continues his assault until the "security" pulls him away.

Rating: C-
Quote:

Lincoln Nash vs. Seung Zhi
NEO Community Cup Finals

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, Lincoln Nash defeated Seung Zhi in 16:39 by pinfall with a Gangsta Chaos. Lincoln Nash wins the NEO Community Cup title.

Rating: E-
Overall Rating: E

Quote:
Promotional Progress
Backstage: 63%
Overness (SK): +0.5% (2.0%)
Prestige: +0.2% (0.8%)
Prestige: +1.0% (4.0%)

Gimmick Ratings
Very Good: Lincoln Nash (Ladies Man)
Above Average: Sueng Zhi (Cocky Youth)

Foolish Commentary: I know I still got the full 0.5% points for this show, but looking back on it, I really should have figured out a better match-up than Nash/Zhi for this show. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have swapped Chris King and Lincoln Nash. Sure, there still would have been a styles clash between Nash and Cole, but with these types of games, I like to see progress and this main event was anything but that. Then again, I did find out that Nash and Zhi have great chemistry, so I guess it could be worse? Speaking of worse, the reason why Jim and George didn't have a better match is because they don't click.

In other news, Lee Harden once again showed up hungover. This time I fined him and now there is simmering tension between us. At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I would very much like to keep his as my ref due to just how cheap he is, but if he's going to tank my locker room, then there he's going to be more trouble than he's worth. Maybe I'll get lucky and TEW's AI will spit out a cheap referee at the start of next month.

Finally, I wanted to talk a little bit about how I am handling my contracts. As you might have noticed, I used a good number of workers throughout the month. The reason I was able to do so was by offering most of the wrestlers one to three month contract with a maximum number of three appearances (as opposed to a traditional one to three year contract). By offering the wrestlers short term contracts, I was able to have a variety of different matches in the short term without having to try and manage a large roster. A great example of this is George Trent. I signed him to a 3 appearance contract and he was irate after being left off of the HORSESHOE show. If he was on a longer deal, that move would still be affecting him and the rest of the locker room. More importantly, wrestlers that sign one to three appearance deals (with a maximum length of three months) are able to be re-hired the moment their contract is over.

NEO Championship Wrestling
Generational Title Tournament

Chris King | James Heatly

Jon Diamani | Lincoln Nash

Lobo | Ryan Strong

Who do you got?

Note: Next week should be another Monday, Wednesday, Friday release with Monday being a recap of the month (financials and the like), Wednesday going over the tournament and the wrestlers involved, and Friday being night one of the round robin. Please let me know if there is anything that you'd like to know about NEO and the rest of the T-Verse.

Last edited by foolinc : 09-08-2018 at 12:58 PM.