Unread 10-05-2018, 09:07 AM
All Star

NEO Generational Title Tournament, Final Night
Friday, Week 3, March 2016
25 people in Saskatchewan

Quote:

Colt Kirchart vs. Seung Zhi
2nd Chance Finals

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Colt Kirchart defeated Seung Zhi in 9:15 by pinfall with a Magnum DDT.

Rating: E+
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Colt Kirchart had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with either Chris King or Ryan Strong. Colt is ecstatic about his victory over Seung Zhi and is honored to be the first man to challenge for the NEO Generational championship. When asked who he'd rather face, Colt says the diplomatic answer would that he has no preference, but that would be a lie. Colt would love nothing more than get another chance to take down Ryan Strong.

Quote:

Darnell Smalls vs. Lincoln Nash
Singles Match

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Lincoln Nash defeated Darnell Smalls in 6:42 by pinfall with a Gangsta Chaos.

Rating: E
Quote:

Jim Heatly vs. Jon Diamani
Singles Match

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jon Diamani defeated Jim Heatly in 10:58 by pinfall with a Knee To The Temple.

Rating: E-
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Chris King had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Ryan Strong. Chris tells Adam that it's put up or shut up time. He knows he's mentioned in the past that his style didn't quite mesh with the rules of the tournament, but tonight Chris and Ryan will have all of the time in the world.

Quote:

Adam Sullivan vs. Lobo
Singles Match

In a decent match, Lobo defeated Adam Sullivan in 11:59 by pinfall with a Wolf's Call.

Rating: D-
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Ryan Strong had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Chris King. Ryan says that Chris and the rest of the guys in NEO are all talented kids, but that's just that: they are kids. None of them have the experience to know how to be a champion in a major promotion and tonight he's going to prove it.

Quote:

Chris King vs. Ryan Strong
NEO Generational Title

In a decent match, Ryan Strong defeated Chris King in 19:53 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Ryan Strong wins the NEO Generational title.

Overall Rating: E+

Quote:
Promotional Progress
Backstage: 57%
Overness (SK): +0.5% (6.0%)
Prestige: +0.2% (2.4%)
Prestige: +1.0% (12.0%)
Foolish Commentary: We've finally crowned a champion and to be honest, I'm a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I can't be too mad at a show that got me a full boost in popularity, but at the same time, I thought King and Strong would have gotten a D- like our previous two main events. On the other hand, Lobo and Adam Sullivan got a D-, so I guess everything evens out.

In other news, this is the last event from my initial batch of shows that I booked. Overall, I'm happy about how everything worked out. I think I was able to show that you can book a number of extremely cost effective shows that still was able to tell a story. Speaking of stories, I've also left myself a number of threads to work with throughout the rest of the year. We already have a main event or two that can be built off of Colt and Strong and I have a good amount to play off of from the round robin (as well as the build to the round robin). At the same time I'm not really locked into anything more than the first title defense, so I can play it by ear as we move forward throughout the year.

From a technical standpoint it looks like PhotoBucket is acting up right now. This is a problem because, while the rest of my images are stored on imgur, the link to the "vs." image was from PhotoBucket. Intentionally, it was a temporary measure because I forgot to upload it on imgur, but I ended up liking to know at a glance which link was the "vs." image (imgur scrambles the original image name). Assuming the problem doesn't fix itself today, I'll be updating all of my posts with new images. Also, this paragraph is going to look real weird after the fix.

One final note, to make sure everything fit on the card, I've bumped up the length of the show to 90 minutes. This will most likely become our new standard going forward as I start to take advantage of our additional income and start booking more than seven people on a show.