View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Low Minors

[center]I screwed up the draft class to send to the NFL from BBCF, dangitt. So the normal draft information would be posted here but it's not, I blame the economy.

Anyways, we had a pretty good run this season overall. Unfortunately, the Bowl we made it too, the New Orleans one led to us fighting a much better team (Texas Tech) and that was our demise. However looking at our player standings and how much we have been improving, I think next year we can be a very dangerous team. I love QB Stevens, but I think I'm going to have to get him out of his office...

Recruitment Week

Offense

Wide Receivers:

WR Frank Anthony and WR Vincente Bautista have been friends since middle school. They grew up together in Raleigh, North Carolina, until Anthony's family started having financial issues and had to move in 9th grade to Mars, PA. Both are true freshman, just graduating college. They will be competing for a starting spot, but there's a much better chance they will be redshirted this year due to the rough competition.

Current Starters:

WR Slot 1: Sophmore Russell Sears
WR Slot 2: Sophmore Craig Dunn
WR Slot 3: Junior John Carson

The WR Race:

Senior Brian Bass
Junior Brenton Rodriguez

All three of the upperclassmen are currently fighting for Slot 3.

Offensive Tackle:

James Doyle from DeMatha Catholic in Hyattsville, MD.

Last Seasons Starters:

Sophmore Jose Curry

The OT Race:

Sophmore Michael Cook
Senior John Cook
Sophmore Edward Tobin
Freshman Theodore Benjamin (Walk-On)

Defense

Cornerbacks:

CB Bradford Jacobs joined us from Fort Worth, TX who attended North Iowa Area Community College. During his stay at the community college, he put up some impressive numbers as an athlete and has wanted to attend Geneva ever since we picked up OT Jose Curry. They played together in high school and did some camps together, so Jacobs wanted to play together with his old teammate. He's coming in on his JR year of eligibility.

CB Sherman Patton who looks to fight for a starting position just like Jacobs is a true freshman with a lot of potential. He played at Dunmore High in Dunmore, PA.

Last Season Starters:

Senior CB Robert Cullen played in 11 games, started in 6 of them. Put up 27 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 6 pass deflections, and 1 interception.

JR Redshirted CB Robert Dewey played in 8 games, started in 6. Put up 13 tackles, 7 pass deflections, and 1 interception.

The CB Race:

Senior CB Jimmy Locke has 2 games played, 1 game started. He has 4 tackles, 2 pass deflections and 1 interception.

Junior CB Bill Rudolph 1 game played, 0 games started. He has 2 tackles and 1 interception.

Redshirted Freshman CB Freddie Wilson is a favorite coming into the season. He made some great improvements during the offseason and was able to travel with the team for a year and understand the defensive plays well enough. If he can show that same improvement on the field as he has off of it, he could see himself starting.

Safety:

Louis Jackson from Geneva County High, Hartford, AL.
Gabriel Simpson from Bisbee Prep, Brisbee, AZ.
Ernest Mojica from Clinton Community High, Clinton, IL.

Last Seasons Starters:

Senior Leon Sherrill (FS)
Senior Edward Reese (SS)

The Safety Race:

Redshirted Freshman Efran Turner
Senior Alfred Hines
Junior Jimmy Bridges