View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2018, 03:28 AM
Major League

I used to be a huge TNA fan back in its infancy, all the way through the weekly PPV era, and once they went the more traditional weekly tv/monthly PPV route I actually watched them pretty much exclusively during one of my (admittedly more and more frequent) lapsed WWE phases (and yeah, I'm in one of those phases right now)....I haven't watched TNA in years however, not probably since the botched Monday night war they attempted to re-ignight.....but I heard a lot of good things about slammiversary so I thought I'd give it a go and considering I went in to it completely cold (I had no idea what the storylines were or even who half the guys were) I enjoyed it.....granted not enough to have me watching the tv week to week....but it was certainly a step in the right direction....

....two notes from the show, one, while I'm glad they have reverted to a traditional four sided ring, the ring itself looked tiny, like really small, something that I noticed immediately due to the opening match being a four way and as all the guys were stood in the ring it looked really cramped....is the ring always that size? I think I had more room to manoeuvre on my mum's double bed back when I used to wrestle my stuffed animals as a youngster, that is until bed Wrestling was banned in my house after a picture perfect Superfly Splash from the windowsill broke my mothers bed.....granted I was 23 at the time, but still......(I wasn't, I was about 10 I think).....

.....and two, that Brian Cage guy.....Jesus Christ, what an absolute unit he is, has Vince not seen him? He's practically his wet dream, a HUGE mother###### who looks to be pretty decent in the ring too. Can he talk as well? Surely it's only a matter of time before he's on his way to NXT...

.....but yeah, TNA.....getting better. I don't know when their next PPV is but I'll probably give it a watch.