MMO Mafia (Game Thread)
1. Updates <- You are here
Day 1 : No lynch (http://126.96.36.199/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=133)
Night 1: Deaths of The Archer and Crychon (http://188.8.131.52/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=157)
Day 2: No lynch (http://184.108.40.206/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=248)
Night 2: Death of mjdgoldeneye (http://220.127.116.11/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=257)
Day 3: Death of machinesxe (http://18.104.22.168/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=303)
Night 3: Death of masterded (http://22.214.171.124/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=319)
Day 4: Death of Gonvick (http://126.96.36.199/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=347)
Night 4: Death of Lostrelms (http://188.8.131.52/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=354)
Day 5: Death of Prophet (http://184.108.40.206/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=406)
Night 5: Death of Glotnot (http://220.127.116.11/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=413)
Day 6: Death of Midnightnick (http://18.104.22.168/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=431)
Night 6: Death of bak42 (http://22.214.171.124/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=438)
Day 7: Death of GruntMark (http://126.96.36.199/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=461)
Day 7 Epilogue: The Aussie quit the game (http://188.8.131.52/~arles/forum/sho...&postcount=462)
The game is over.
The Casual Gamers have won the game.
0. d_w_w is dead, he was the Casual Gamer Aligned Complete and Hopeless n00b
11. The Archer the Casual Gamer Aligned AFK Leech is dead.
2. Crychon the Independently Aligned Legendary Solo Ganker is dead.
6. mjdgoldeneye the Casual Gamer Aligned Gallant Roleplaying Geeky Knight is dead.
8. machinesxe the Casual Gamer Aligned Creepy Guy that wants to meet people in real life is dead.
7. masterded the Casual Gamer Aligned Pretentious Know it All is dead.
12. Gonvick the l33t Gank Guild Aligned Jealous Gossip Queen is dead.
5. Lostrelms the Casual Gamer Aligned Stealther in Training is dead.
4. Prophet the l33t Gank Guild Aligned Insufferable Glory Hog is dead.
17. Glotnot the Casual Gamer Aligned Distracted Stealther is dead.
1. Midnightnick the l33t Gank Guild Aligned Prepubescent Trash Talker is dead.
10. bak42 the Casual Gamer Aligned Internet Tough Guy in Real Life is dead.
9. Gruntmark the l33t Gank Guild Aligned Vindictive Guild Master is dead.
14. The Aussie the Casual Gamer Aligned Leader of the Zerg has left the game.
Last edited by d_w_w : 12-04-2008 at 12:44 AM.
2. Rules <- You are here
Credit for the rules go to : Midnightnick, Astil, DJ, IER (and all those that had games before)
READ OR DIE
HOW TO PLAY:
- All of you will be PM’d a role and your alignment. The objective is to eliminate all members of the opposing alignment from the game.
- Each player has been given a role with their own special ability. Your PM will explain what it does, if you are meant to know. You don’t have to reveal what your role is to the other players, nor will I do so in my updates. Then again there is nothing to stop you, so if you feel that it may help prove your innocence, go ahead – just keep in mind that this could also backfire and help the mafia. In other words, claim at your own risk. Likewise, you may lie about who you are if you wish. If you want to use your abilities, PM me. DO NOT post it in the thread.
- The game is split into two phases, Day and Night. The game begins during the day, and all players (Mafia and Townie alike) post in the thread, deciding who to kill off. Lynching is the only way for the Townies to kill the Mafia, so be sure to examine voting patterns of your fellow players. I might also provide clues in the death write ups, but over-reliance on those is ill-advised as some may be traps. Day phases will last 48 hours or until a consensus is reached. Night phases will last 24 hours but may end earlier if all night activities are concluded.
- All voting and discussion is to occur within the thread. Town players may discuss who they think is Mafia, and Mafia members should be trying to bluff/convince/blend in, and generally try not to get voted for. To vote, post Vote: Username (MUST BE IN BOLD!). You can also change your vote, by typing Change Vote: Username (AGAIN BOLDED!). You can also change your vote to nobody by typing Change Vote: No Vote (IN BOLD!). You can also choose to vote for No Lynching by using Vote: No Lynch (yeah... BOLDED!), meaning you actively vote to not lynch anyone during that day phase rather than passively not voting at all. You must post in the thread for your vote to be counted. You do not have to vote if you do not wish to.
- A Day Phase is over whenever a person obtains more than 50% of the vote (and is lynched) or when the 48 hours run out. If no majority vote has been reached by the time the day phase expires, a no lynch will be declared. Once a person dies, I will reveal their alignment and role.
- Night falls after somebody is executed or a no lynch is achieved. During this time, the Mafia can discuss who they want to kill next (using whatever form of communication appeals to them). Abilities are also used during this time. To use an ability, PM both mods (d_w_w / blackphoenix), and we'll PM you the outcome of the ability the following day phase. If it is something serious like somebody getting killed, I will update it in the thread. If possible though, try to PM me what you want to do as soon after night falls as possible to keep things moving along at a quick pace.
- Night ends once I post who gets killed, and the cycle repeats itself. The Town players win if all Mafia members are dead, and vice versa. Remember, this is a team effort, so if you think sacrificing someone may help your cause, go ahead.
-Remember, some roles such as investigators and protectors are more valuable to the town – so try to keep them alive!
- I know it’s the Dog Pound, but try not to postwhore in the thread anyway. Feel free to trash talk, accuse, call out other players if you want, but if you’re going to vote, at least state some kind of reason as to why you’re doing so.
- Though I can’t force you to post, I’d love to see active participation. I would advise everyone try to check in with this game at least once a day. Things move fast and you can fall behind pretty easily.
- Once you are dead, you stay dead, and may not participate until the game is over. This includes notes found on your corpse, cryptic messages from the dead, etc, etc. You may also not advise the remaining players on what to do – besides, to prevent cheating, I will not provide the dead with any additional information than they would get if they were still alive. Of course, I’m willing to listen to your theories as to what’s going on. Likewise, I'd appreciate if those not taking part try not help those playing, though general comments on how things are going would be welcomed in the Sign Up Thread.
- Unless your role PM specifically states otherwise, all players may not discuss game plan, your role, or alignment outside the thread. Of course, I can’t enforce this, but I believe secretly revealing information amongst each other would spoil the game, so try not to do it.
- Players are not allowed to edit their posts in this thread at all, as it allows for those who make mistakes to remove all of the evidence without any effort. Since I can't enforce this, I strongly encourage all players to scrutinize any posts they notice that have been edited.
-Players are not allowed to cut and paste anything straight from the Role PM except the Role title. No cutting and pasting from the body of the PM. You can paraphrase what your Role PM says but that is all.
-Please play your role/alignment and play to win. We will be strict about this, so please don't make us enforce it.
-Talking about your role after death or to those who have died IS NOT allowed.
-Not everything is as it seems. If something unexpected happens, feel free to question it to me in private, and if I can, I'll answer.
We reserve the right to mod kill if we find out that any of these rules have been broken. Please remember that you are not the only one playing this game, so don't ruin it for everyone else!
The mods for this game are d_w_w and blackphoenix. All PMs regarding abilities, questions or anything else should be sent to Both of us. If you fail to communicate your information then I will go on what I have. You have be warned!
Let us all keep in mind that this is a game and should be an enjoyable experience.[/quote]
3. Opening Write Up <- You are here
Another tower fell in under 10 seconds. This was shaping up to be the most successful and famous realm raid of all time. And it was all happening because of a single guild! His guild!
The next tower was a short distance away. They take this tower, then the enemy keep is theirs. They just needed a minute to setup. This had to be surgical. The guards had to go down quickly, before they could send for help.
He lurked from a safe distance. What they were doing was impressive. It really was. Of course, he had done the same thing a year ago. It was nothing new.
lol. The zerglings were coming. He could see them in the distance. This should be entertaining.
All of this success and the main forces of the realm hadn't even got there yet! d_w_w was so excited, this was the first time that he ever participated in a realm raid against the enemy. His heart was racing as they rushed into the tower.
222222222222222222222222222222222222! d_w_w mashed his finger on the hotkey for his area of effect spinning attack repeatly, trying to pick up as much spam as possible.
They watched from a distance. He couldn't believe it. His guild put in all the work and these clowns rush into steal the glory. Sigh... they always ruined the game. To make matters worse, these n00bs don't seem to have a plan. They're just brute forcing the tower...
It took exactly 1 minute for the tower to fall. That's 45 seconds too long. Reinforcements will show up. "Guys, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
A series of /nod's are sent to him in response.
The guild rushed down the hill to the tower. "GG n00bs. You just ruined another realm raid. Way to suxx0r it up."
Most of the zerg knew better than to respond. They were casual gamers and the knew that this particular guild didn't like them. d_w_w, a freshly minted max-level character, didn't know this. He was happy with his buttom mashing performance and decided to speak up. He walked towards the guild leader. "LOL! We were helping you guys? We pwned this tower!"
He thinks they pwned the tower. What an idiot! He should die... why in fact, he will!
The sword thrust was quick and unexpected. The guild leader had one-shotted d_w_w.
The leader of the zerg turned. He saw the casual gamer die. "Hey WTF? You're killing your own now?"
The leader of the guild didn't respond at first. He had never killed a realmmate before. It felt... so sasifying. He soaked it in. "Yeah, I killed him. And we're going to kill the rest of you, too! Let's go guys!"
The elite guild ran off up the hill. "Watch your back n00bs. You're our new target!"
The leader of the guild shook his head (IRL) in disbelief. Realmies killing realmies... sigh, how did things come to this? Oh well, no time to think. He gathered his zerg and ran off, knowing that this tower was no longer safe. The realm raid would have to wait. Now, he, and the rest of the casual gamers, had to deal with a threat from within.
The lurker smiled to himself. Oh, an intra-realm war. This... this was going to be fun.
d_w_w is dead, he was the Casual Gamer Aligned Complete and Hopeless n00b
Last edited by d_w_w : 11-16-2008 at 09:22 PM.
The Game Has Begun. You May Post.
It is now Day Phase 1. With 17 remaining you have until Noon EST Tuesday November 18th to reach a majority of 9
Yes. I realize that's a little less (by an hour or so) than 48 hours, but I'm going to make the deadlines as close to 48 hours as possible, while still ending near times that I can be around.
Last edited by d_w_w : 11-16-2008 at 12:02 PM.
MNN's post-whoring must come to an end NOW!
Actually, he hasn't post-whored yet, so as long as he exercises restraint and self-control.
Change Vote: No Vote