Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Super Star

Default better regens

im not asking for a great one every month, im just saying more average skilled fighters, rather than just trash nearly every month. i like the diamond in the rough idea, but itd be nice to see a few more gatekeeper style regens who could occasionally get wins
thanks for reading, Crimson
Unread 10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Rookie

Have you taken a look at the "trash fighters" after theyve sat on the shelf for awhile, they develop. Ive just signed about 20 fighters who where regened with rubbish stats but after 3-10 years have developed a few B grades, including one who has all Bs and another who has Bs and a set of 4 As. (I changed the belts to letters).
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitze90 View Post
Have you taken a look at the "trash fighters" after theyve sat on the shelf for awhile, they develop. Ive just signed about 20 fighters who where regened with rubbish stats but after 3-10 years have developed a few B grades, including one who has all Bs and another who has Bs and a set of 4 As. (I changed the belts to letters).
yeah actually i have.. i didnt just post this for no reason. i get one decent one every year (if that)
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitze90 View Post
Even so, new fighters to a game shouldn't be automatically garbage and have to sit around for a few years to get any good.

Think of it in real life ... Sure, there might never be someone who without a professional fight comes in with skills like GSP, but some regens should at least start with a stronger 'background' and base skills, in my opinion.
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
Even so, new fighters to a game shouldn't be automatically garbage and have to sit around for a few years to get any good.

Think of it in real life ... Sure, there might never be someone who without a professional fight comes in with skills like GSP, but some regens should at least start with a stronger 'background' and base skills, in my opinion.
Agree with this, also it makes it feel more rewarding when you find a 'gem'. let's face it - in reality only a handful fo fighters coming through are going to be truly top class, given the right development and camp.
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM

I think though that the quality and number of new fighters coming through should be strongly related to the popularity and perception of MMA in a given region. And maybe once it reaches a certain level of legitimacy/profitability for fighters, you may see talented athletes coming over from other sports.
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
I think though that the quality and number of new fighters coming through should be strongly related to the popularity and perception of MMA in a given region. And maybe once it reaches a certain level of legitimacy/profitability for fighters, you may see talented athletes coming over from other sports.
Or even kids who grew up training MMA from the beginning as is happening in gyms around the country these days.