Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Bowl Bound College Football > Bowl Bound College Football Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-03-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerEye View Post
I get the same result whether I save the database or not. Every time I go back into pstats, the changes are made (Western Kentucky is there, Temple in the Big East, etc.) but none of it ever shows up when I start a new league.
I don't know if this will help you or not. Try making the changes in steps.
1. Use ACCESS to change the Conference for Temple in the Teams table.
2. Go into the Conference table and change the number of teams in the Big East and Independents.
3. Save this and use this PSTAT file to create a new league.
4. Temple should be in the Big East at this point.

I just tried steps 1 -4 above and it did have Temple in the Big East. After you are satisfied that your Database works (run off a season), go back in and add Western Kentucky to the PSTATS file(I have not tried adding them).

You probably already know this, but (as far as I know), you will also need to change the # of teams in whatever conference you add them to.

After you have completed this, create a new league to see if they are in the game. If so, run off a season to test it to see if everything works OK.

The funny thing with the Temple experiment was that they had 13 games scheduled when I started the season. I was afraid that would create a problem. I have not run off the full season, but it let me start the season and run week 1. I am not an ACCESS expert, so I hope this works for you.
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan23 View Post
The funny thing with the Temple experiment was that they had 13 games scheduled when I started the season. I was afraid that would create a problem. I have not run off the full season, but it let me start the season and run week 1. I am not an ACCESS expert, so I hope this works for you.
The reason Temple would have 13 games is that they have games hard coded into the SchedMatch table, find Temple's Team ID # and you can remove them.
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywanchizoate View Post
The reason Temple would have 13 games is that they have games hard coded into the SchedMatch table, find Temple's Team ID # and you can remove them.
I forgot to check there. Thanks!
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:45 PM

Default Thank You

Hey, thanks to everyone for the help. The problem after all was that I had the game installed on my hard drive twice. The version that I was accessing via the start menu was not the one I was edited via Access. It's fixed now and I am able to move teams around.
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywanchizoate View Post
Temple's team ID is 17 but I don't get the significance of what the ShceduleMatch is. Can somebody enlighten me to its purpose, and what I should do if I "remove" Temple? e.g. do I replace their cell with another team ID or do I delete out all three rows in the schedule match where they appear?
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:55 PM

Default run-time error 91

Ok, so the I get a "run-time error 91" now whenever I try to view the Independents. The only thing I did that should affect them is move Temple from independent status to the Big East. I just double checked and I edited the Independent conference to only have three teams. Any idea why I am getting this error?

Unread 01-08-2010, 08:06 PM

Default One Last Question

I added five schools (UMass, Charlotte, GSU, WKU, ans USA) and I don't know what to put in for the following columns in Access (or for what those header abbreviations mean):

PrimR
PrimG
PrimB
SecR
SecG
SecB
PshadeR
PshadeG
PshadeB
TextR
TextG
TextB

Also, any idea what the value ranges are for each and what they represent? I included a screenshot below as well.

Lastly, if I wanted to include logos from Yahoo for any new teams, how do I get the game to associate a logo with a specific team?
Unread 01-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Temple's team ID is 17 but I don't get the significance of what the ShceduleMatch is. Can somebody enlighten me to its purpose, and what I should do if I "remove" Temple? e.g. do I replace their cell with another team ID or do I delete out all three rows in the schedule match where they appear?
delete any games that have Temple playing someone since you put them in a conference. Unless you want them to be forced to play a specific team each and every year.
Unread 01-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I added five schools (UMass, Charlotte, GSU, WKU, ans USA) and I don't know what to put in for the following columns in Access (or for what those header abbreviations mean):

PrimR
PrimG
PrimB
SecR
SecG
SecB
PshadeR
PshadeG
PshadeB
TextR
TextG
TextB

Also, any idea what the value ranges are for each and what they represent? I included a screenshot below as well.

Lastly, if I wanted to include logos from Yahoo for any new teams, how do I get the game to associate a logo with a specific team?

I believe those are all team colors for fonts and backgrounds....there is a list somewhere in pstats or psetup that list all the colors by number I believe.

it's based off what "code" you give the team in the pstats. There are also certain size limits that you must follow here....see a current logo for that.
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:28 AM

BUMP! I'm trying to figure out specifically what these abbreviations stand for.

Quote:

PrimR
PrimG
PrimB
SecR
SecG
SecB
PshadeR
PshadeG
PshadeB
TextR
TextG
TextB

Unread 12-19-2011, 09:29 PM

Ah! They appear to be "Primary {R/G/B}", "Secondary {R/G/B}", and "Text {R/G/B}" - primary, secondary, and text colors.

For those who don't know, these RGB values specify any of 16.7 million colors or so. Each single column can take on a value from 0 (empty) to 255 (full).

R:255
G:255
B:255

is white;

R:0
G:0
B:0

is black.

R:0
G:0
B:255

is blue...and so on. Look up any color chooser or go with a program more advanced than MS Paint (paint.NET is a good option), and you will find colors specified in RGB as well as hex and other values.