Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Davis View Post
I was just playing last night and as I log into my game my Save File it says Began 0 , 0 players to be assigned . I think my file got deleted . How do I bring it back ?

It says the control file is empty
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufas2000 View Post
In answer to my own question would Angry Gilmore = Randy Savage. Great all around skills and a ton of charisma.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think Sting would be a light heavyweight as opposed to a middleweight. Am I off base on that?

There are 4 guys that just floored me right off the bat first time I saw them: Randy Savage (WWF debut, violent guy who flies), Bam Bam Bigelow (a huge guy that can move and has a great look), Rob Van Damn (incredible agility) and Samoa Joe (looked stiff and another big guy that can move). Van Damn and especially Joe don't fit into the old school theme of my previous post.

I've always liked Sting's combination of skill, look, athleticism and charisma.

Anyway ... thanks again. More suggestions welcome. For Joe and RVD too.
Honestly I think guys like Savage and RVD are pretty unique talents, and while you can take plenty of talented guys and say that's their gimmick, there really isn't a true analogue in the C-Verse for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampulator View Post
I wouldn't say Savage was the greatest "brawler" in the world, but it was definitely watchable. My sense was that Savage always had all the qualities to be a star, but never quite reached where he wanted to reach.
I have no idea what this is even trying to say.
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Minor League

Random.... While waiting for day to process, I notice "Processing Promotion Aces"
What's that?
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:04 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
Yeah, no. Her star quality is the pits (64%) and C+ really isn't good enough to get the kind of output T-Rex typically gets. She does come closest though (her, Deborah Young, Gorgon, Juliette King, and I think Kaori Mochizuki). I should've gone all the way when I made the mod. When I made Dynamite Shohei, I stopped at 82 menace (mainly because I overshot 80 from 78.2 and wound up on 81.8 so just ticked it to 82) when I could've maxed it out. But Dynamite actually has skills (think of a female Mike Awesome or Vader or a young Monster Ripper/Aja Kong/Dynamite Kansai). I figured giving her 90+ menace (on top of her in-ring skills) would be creating a god character.

I think I'll just duplicate T-Rex and change things around a bit (name, gender, etc) and go with that.
As of 2023 she has A popularity through the US, Canada, Mexico, and Japan... Star quality is not the be all and end all of creating a star. I enjoy booking workers who aren't extremely talented because I think that's the real challenge within TEW. Booking great matches with sub-par talent.
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Super Star

How would I go about putting a huge storyline into the game? It's going to consist of a 7-person heel stable feuding with a similarly huge or larger group of faces, I haven't quite decided yet how big. It's going to be unchained because I don't plan ahead at all so would I just put each side in their own unchained storyline, evolving as needed to include new guys?
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayelek View Post
How would I go about putting a huge storyline into the game? It's going to consist of a 7-person heel stable feuding with a similarly huge or larger group of faces, I haven't quite decided yet how big. It's going to be unchained because I don't plan ahead at all so would I just put each side in their own unchained storyline, evolving as needed to include new guys?
I'd do 3 seperate 8 person storylines....putting the two or three most important characters in each...i.e the stable leaders and main eventers who will be involved in most of the angles/matches
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Low Minors

I know this has been asked before but I can't find it. How do I build popularity between two workers with low popularity? Two workers engage in a feud with pop only around 55-66 . How can I get their popularity higher without making them win matches against other wrestlers with higher pop.

Also I have a Authority Figure who is very popular 86+ across USA but her momentum is only 36+ how do I raise it if she can't wrestle.

I remember someone mentioning unrated angles can someone give me a example of how to do it.
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
All Star

Quote:
I know this has been asked before but I can't find it. How do I build popularity between two workers with low popularity? Two workers engage in a feud with pop only around 55-66 . How can I get their popularity higher without making them win matches against other wrestlers with higher pop.

Also I have a Authority Figure who is very popular 86+ across USA but her momentum is only 36+ how do I raise it if she can't wrestle.

I remember someone mentioning unrated angles can someone give me a example of how to do it.
Angles with popular workers and/or workers that have good entertainment skills and/or menace/sex appeal, for popularity-based promotions. If perfomance based promotion, have the put on good matches.
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Angles with popular workers and/or workers that have good entertainment skills and/or menace/sex appeal, for popularity-based promotions. If perfomance based promotion, have the put on good matches.
Okay so I would have HBK vs. JBL in a angle with the person who I want popularity to increase as unrated? Would it also work for 2 or 3 people Unrated. And run for at least 10 minutes right?
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:51 PM
All Star

Quote:
Okay so I would have HBK vs. JBL in a angle with the person who I want popularity to increase as unrated? Would it also work for 2 or 3 people Unrated. And run for at least 10 minutes right?
Well for angles, that depends. It probably should be at least 6 minutes long. Any less, and it's a waste (unless it's an opener or enhancement talent in the angle, but in that case, I use it as a Minor instead of a Major Angle). As for rating which state (or leaving it unrated), that's up to you. If they are in the background, not saying anything, not in a major role for the angle (even if the angle is major), leaving them Unrated, to me, is justifiable. However, if it's for someone like the Big Show before his Entertainment Skills got good, use Menace. Or for women that have yet to get a handle on the mic, like early Trish Stratus, use Sex Appeal. However, for workers that have good Entertainment/Microphone/Acting skills, use that stat. As for Overness, I tend to try to avoid abusing it (that's just me, though).

OH, have them part of strong storylines, strong stables, maybe even good tag team can help indirectly.
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Super Star

Quote:

While it's true that you can use "unrated" appearances in angles to get over, realize that's basically an end around how the game's designed to work- you could also just go into the editor if you want to take zero risks and just artificially boost people's overness without any drawbacks. The truth is, you don't build popularity around two undercard guys by feuding them against one another, barring one or both of them having amazing mic skills or menace. The best way to get a not so popular guy over is to feud him with someone more over than him. Look at Undertaker's feuds through the 90's where he'd put over monster heels for a bit then take them out. You wouldn't see Khali/Kane/Mankind/Giant Gonzales/whoever gain popularity quite so quickly if they start out feuding with Al Snow.

You raise authority figure's momentum via turns and high-rated angles.
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:18 PM
All Star

There's been cases where workers are unrated. I think Chyna would be considered unrated much of her early career as a bodyguard for Triple H. Basically, she piggybacked on his popularity and the popularity of DX.
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
There's been cases where workers are unrated. I think Chyna would be considered unrated much of her early career as a bodyguard for Triple H. Basically, she piggybacked on his popularity and the popularity of DX.
Eh, yes and no with Chyna. Her combination of looks and build are what made her work. If you take away the fact that she looked very intimidating for a woman, her "enforcer" aspect doesn't work at all. If all she did was stand in the background, rathan than actively interferring for Trips and HBK, then maybe you could say Unrated. But there was definitelyi more to it after the first bit.
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Eh, yes and no with Chyna. Her combination of looks and build are what made her work. If you take away the fact that she looked very intimidating for a woman, her "enforcer" aspect doesn't work at all. If all she did was stand in the background, rathan than actively interferring for Trips and HBK, then maybe you could say Unrated. But there was definitelyi more to it after the first bit.
Well in cases like that part of it is that managers are inexplicably never given overness for being in front of a crowd, which is bizarre, since the announcers and refs are getting over, but not the manager.

But yeah there's a reason Chyna got over and you couldn't have just replaced her with anyone and gotten identical results. But there's no reason you can't put a worker in a "support" role based on menace, sex appeal, acting, whatever, and actually have it organically effect the performance of the angle you're running.

But I mean barring a company like WWE/SWF that runs video packages and lets people talk for 10 minutes at a clip, you're not supposed to just spontaneously have everyone in wrestling get more over. Some guys go up while others go down. It's the nature of the business. Feuding midcarders or lower with other midcarders or lower isn't going to get anybody more over. Losing against a top card guy is more impressive than beating a jobber.
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:21 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganRodzen View Post
As of 2023 she has A popularity through the US, Canada, Mexico, and Japan... Star quality is not the be all and end all of creating a star. I enjoy booking workers who aren't extremely talented because I think that's the real challenge within TEW. Booking great matches with sub-par talent.
er, I thought the initial question was creating a female clone of T-Rex. If I'm looking to clone someone with 92 star quality and 100 menace, I'm probably not going to declare success when I find someone with 64 star quality and menace. And as for booking workers who aren't extremely talented, hi, I book exclusively women. Show me the Sean McFly/Jeremy/Dan Jr/Yoshimi/Shuji/Emerald Angel/Magnum Kobe/Cornell/Hyobanshi/Kunomasu on the female side. However, even with that inferior (relatively speaking) talent pool, being a fan of workrate, I have certain things I just can't stand to do. One of which is putting my eggs in the basket of a worker who cannot deliver in the ring. Using a worker to get other people over is fine (which was the purpose the female T-Rex would serve) but I don't see anything particularly satisfying about propping up a Rocky Golden type (which is what Monster essentially is. Big girl, intimidating, but blows up from circling her opponent in the ring and needs significant work before I'll allow her to work with anyone I care about). I prefer to use the skilled worker to spread their skill around while not sacrificing my promotion's growth rate. So the whole 'sports entertainment'/'popularity is all that matters' approach doesn't suit me.

Yes, I know that star quality isn't the end all. It's something I'm used to since most women don't have lots of it. But if I'm looking to duplicate a worker with off the charts menace and star quality, 64% is "the pits" in comparison to the target I'm trying to reach. That's not to say Monster 'sucks' or anything of the sort. She's perfectly serviceable (though she'll probably never get through an Iron Man match). She just doesn't fit.