Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Grey Dog Software Think Tank > Mafia games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #496  
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
gonvick's Avatar
gonvick gonvick is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKenwyne View Post
As for gonvick... I suppose his story adds up. But as Derek says, the role isn't exactly common. As I've said, this is Arrows. As DJ has said, this is Derek. Now my motherchip hurts too, I need to lie down.
The underlying ability is quite common, in that I don't think I've played a game where the town didn't have one. It just has a unique complicating factor to it which makes it slightly less effective.
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Wallbanger's Avatar
Wallbanger Wallbanger is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KS, USA
Posts: 1,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKenwyne View Post
AFFIRMATIVE

Only referred to as 'she' in my PM though. I've apparently been abandoned since I'm thought superfluous to the war effort. My circuitboards are hurt.
Your owner appears to be in the game though, if I'm reading N1 correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Wallbanger's Avatar
Wallbanger Wallbanger is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KS, USA
Posts: 1,285
Default

Oh, and General Announcement for folks:

I am flying to California this evening on a business trip. Have iPhone, hotspot, etc. so I'm not dropping off the face of the earth, but will not be as active.
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
TheKenwyne TheKenwyne is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Peterborough, Ontario by way of Manchester, UK
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Your owner appears to be in the game though, if I'm reading N1 correctly.
AFFIRMATIVE

No way of contacting her though, I thought that was the implication of your previous question.
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
djthefunkchris's Avatar
djthefunkchris djthefunkchris is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Sorry, I've not got specifics of numbers just a "sometimes".
I have a "Might", but it's if someone see's me they "Might" die.. of shock.

You knowing anything about me does not make me comfortable with you. I only know of one person that "might" know something about me, that is Humanity aligned.

Why would you be untrustworthy? You haven't answered that question yet.... Although everything else fits in a nice little package.

If I end up being right about you, I have to say you have improved drastically when being grilled as scum. I wish I had that skill. It's the only reason this paragraph starts with an "if", as everything you posted sounds so true blue I can't help it myself, and I'm the one that "KNOWS" you are "NOT" to be trusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvick View Post

Night 2 I targeted Eayragt and saw either TheKenwyne or Eayragt target my target.

Night 3 I targeted Chrychon and saw either Eayragt or DJ target my target.

That's all I've got so far. Maybe Mich or Mach can confirm my N1 result. Eay has confirmed N3. So that just leaves N2 in dispute, which I can't yet explain in a satisfying manner.

The night 2 result, your aware of the bolded? I would have immediately asked the mod if that was a correct result, did you?

N3, I can tell you that was your given right there, as I don't target people.
Reply With Quote
  #501  
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Derek B's Avatar
Derek B Derek B is offline
Locker Room Leader :)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Midgar, Scotland (it rains mako here)
Posts: 7,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
I have a "Might", but it's if someone see's me they "Might" die.. of shock.

You knowing anything about me does not make me comfortable with you. I only know of one person that "might" know something about me, that is Humanity aligned.

Why would you be untrustworthy? You haven't answered that question yet.... Although everything else fits in a nice little package.

If I end up being right about you, I have to say you have improved drastically when being grilled as scum. I wish I had that skill. It's the only reason this paragraph starts with an "if", as everything you posted sounds so true blue I can't help it myself, and I'm the one that "KNOWS" you are "NOT" to be trusted.
I may have overstated my hand with you... by saying I might know something about you I mean I can narratively put something together based on the theme, not that my role would have any idea about you at all. My role doesn't even hint about the existence of William or Fred, that's something else I pieced together based on bits of theme knowledge I can pull together and write up stuff. Oddly, I'm not sure if any of the bits of write ups I thought I had were actually right at the time but getting to the right conclusion by accident is better than not getting there at all.

As for what you say about me, I can't answer that from anything I've got access to. I can speculte on ideas with you if you want but it's possible that I'd have to ask you questions about your own role in order to do so. If there is a particular post of yours that may provide hints to what I should be looking at then there is possibly a reason based on that. Otherwise I'm not really sure what I can say other than wild speculation and that would probably only complicate matters since it would be just that... speculation.

In about 3 hours I'm going to be heading out to get drunk so keep firing things my way for now. It should be a fun night so I'm not sure when I'll be on again after that as I've been roped into babysitting tomorrow afternoon so could be out of the loop for almost 24 hours, though I'd hope to be awake enough to get on before I babysit. All money is good money just now.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:43 PM
djthefunkchris's Avatar
djthefunkchris djthefunkchris is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,753
Default

I'll just wrap up what I've said that is important about understanding me into one post, rather then pointing you to my MILLIONS!! (and Millions) Of other posts on the mafia gameboard... That was so lame of me.

Anyways, here is what I know. I do get information, or at least I have twice. The first bit of information come up when I was the only one with my vote still on you at the end of a day phase. I am told (paraphrasing) you're not to be trusted, and I should do something about it. I immediately respond to this with "Yeah, I do that, I do something about it!" and am told kind of hard to do anything about it when you don't have an ability..... and there is laughing "LOL".

My pm doesn't say I will get anything at all, only the stuff about staying away from people because seeing me could be bad. On that note, I've been trying to find someone that says they targeted me, so I can figure out if that is just there to emphasize my physical appearance, or if it's real.

At first I thought this was another player handing me information. The timing of it was just messed up... Right at the start of Night phase instead of the start of day phase. Then I got more information the following nightphase. This time it felt more like I sensed this information... How I do that I don't know.

The reason for me talking at Night Phase, is because for some reason that's when I get my information. I want to make sure it is known.

I still say your in a cult though. I dont' know if it's Shining Knights or something else, but definately don't believe the "Humanity" part of your claim. I put all this information down as a just in case, and a FYI to all the rest of Humanity.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:52 PM
gonvick's Avatar
gonvick gonvick is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
The night 2 result, your aware of the bolded? I would have immediately asked the mod if that was a correct result, did you?

N3, I can tell you that was your given right there, as I don't target people.
I didn't ask. I just figured that was probably the random name of the two. Then the following night when I got the same name targeting someone else, and you said you didn't target anyone, it just reinforced that. I had no reason to question it since I knew one was just a random name.

Now it appears that I was bus driven and ended up targeting whoever Eayragt targeted that night.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:59 PM
djthefunkchris's Avatar
djthefunkchris djthefunkchris is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,753
Default

There is one more thing I know, that come with my original PM.

This is NOT just a normal mafia good guy vs. bad guy game here. No matter your alignment, there is danger to everyone if someone uses power they know nothing about. That danger being wiping out all life... It is not specified to me in my PM what alignment might do that... fact is I have a feeling any alignment could do that. I can't imagine everyone "Blue" knowing what they are dealing with. I do know who, but I don't know if they know what they are doing. I have not heard otherwise.

Meaning, this is a "Battle For Everything", as the title suggests. IF things go totally wrong, everyone losses this game.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:01 PM
djthefunkchris's Avatar
djthefunkchris djthefunkchris is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvick View Post
I didn't ask. I just figured that was probably the random name of the two. Then the following night when I got the same name targeting someone else, and you said you didn't target anyone, it just reinforced that. I had no reason to question it since I knew one was just a random name.

Now it appears that I was bus driven and ended up targeting whoever Eayragt targeted that night.
If your town, I hope that busdriver comes out and explains a few things... because I'm of the mind Imarevenant has been bussed twice, and only knows of the one time.

Also, if you were bussed on N2, and so was Imarevanant, putting two and two together, you know something you for some reason have not put together yet.... but I have for you
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Derek B's Avatar
Derek B Derek B is offline
Locker Room Leader :)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Midgar, Scotland (it rains mako here)
Posts: 7,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
I'll just wrap up what I've said that is important about understanding me into one post, rather then pointing you to my MILLIONS!! (and Millions) Of other posts on the mafia gameboard... That was so lame of me.

Anyways, here is what I know. I do get information, or at least I have twice. The first bit of information come up when I was the only one with my vote still on you at the end of a day phase. I am told (paraphrasing) you're not to be trusted, and I should do something about it. I immediately respond to this with "Yeah, I do that, I do something about it!" and am told kind of hard to do anything about it when you don't have an ability..... and there is laughing "LOL".

My pm doesn't say I will get anything at all, only the stuff about staying away from people because seeing me could be bad. On that note, I've been trying to find someone that says they targeted me, so I can figure out if that is just there to emphasize my physical appearance, or if it's real.

At first I thought this was another player handing me information. The timing of it was just messed up... Right at the start of Night phase instead of the start of day phase. Then I got more information the following nightphase. This time it felt more like I sensed this information... How I do that I don't know.

The reason for me talking at Night Phase, is because for some reason that's when I get my information. I want to make sure it is known.

I still say your in a cult though. I dont' know if it's Shining Knights or something else, but definately don't believe the "Humanity" part of your claim. I put all this information down as a just in case, and a FYI to all the rest of Humanity.
Cool, that answers most of the questions I hadn't asked in case it would reveal too much. The rest of the questions largely don't matter so I won't ask them anyways.

With that said, is it possible you resemble something like this lot? All this talk of you and I keep coming back to this kind of thing, while talk of the dog/beast from the opening write up reminds me of this character, only much bigger. I know this is drawing from Suikoden canon rather than Nedokius canon but it might help to better understand what is going on in general if people take a peek.

I understand why you keep pushing me, that doesn't bother me at all. In your position I'd do the same thing, probably even more aggressively than you've done. And I don't mind that because it's made me go through the write ups a few times and read stuff from the last game, which I think will help us all out in the long run. I'm not Nedokius as they killed my family, I'm not Shining Armor (as in: Knights in Shining Armor, which I played a part in last game) as I don't fit their rules and I'm not Sonia aligned either since I'm pretty sure I'm still human and they more than anyone else seem to be anti-Humanity. And as was stated last time out in my role, I'm just an ordinary girl with a little something special about her.

Anywho, time to break open a beer methinks. Has been a lovely day here and I deserve one.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Derek B's Avatar
Derek B Derek B is offline
Locker Room Leader :)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Midgar, Scotland (it rains mako here)
Posts: 7,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
There is one more thing I know, that come with my original PM.

This is NOT just a normal mafia good guy vs. bad guy game here. No matter your alignment, there is danger to everyone if someone uses power they know nothing about. That danger being wiping out all life... It is not specified to me in my PM what alignment might do that... fact is I have a feeling any alignment could do that. I can't imagine everyone "Blue" knowing what they are dealing with. I do know who, but I don't know if they know what they are doing. I have not heard otherwise.

Meaning, this is a "Battle For Everything", as the title suggests. IF things go totally wrong, everyone losses this game.
So you're saying we shouldn't give Astil the nuclear football and the launch codes then?

Seriously though... I know our PMs say humanity and I know the game title says everything... but I did NOT know anything about what you just mentioned. The idea that there may essentially be a nuke out there that could do that kind of damage is worrying, though is an interesting mechanic to have if that's accurate. Don't think I've seen a game where the mod could kill everyone with a mechanic before.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:17 PM
djthefunkchris's Avatar
djthefunkchris djthefunkchris is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Cool, that answers most of the questions I hadn't asked in case it would reveal too much. The rest of the questions largely don't matter so I won't ask them anyways.

With that said, is it possible you resemble something like this lot? All this talk of you and I keep coming back to this kind of thing, while talk of the dog/beast from the opening write up reminds me of this character, only much bigger. I know this is drawing from Suikoden canon rather than Nedokius canon but it might help to better understand what is going on in general if people take a peek.
If you mea, do I resemble a dog (Kobold), no I do not.

Thanks for understanding my position.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:19 PM
gonvick's Avatar
gonvick gonvick is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
If your town, I hope that busdriver comes out and explains a few things... because I'm of the mind Imarevenant has been bussed twice, and only knows of the one time.

Also, if you were bussed on N2, and so was Imarevanant, putting two and two together, you know something you for some reason have not put together yet.... but I have for you
I thought Rev suspected he was bus driven on N3. He said he targeted Mr T on N2 and put himself in the write up where he was killed.

I know you've been saying that might be you in that section, so I could see where you might suspect that he was bus driven that night. It didn't seem conclusive either way, so that would be why I hadn't put that together.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on that.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM
gonvick's Avatar
gonvick gonvick is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
With that said, is it possible you resemble something like this lot? All this talk of you and I keep coming back to this kind of thing, while talk of the dog/beast from the opening write up reminds me of this character, only much bigger. I know this is drawing from Suikoden canon rather than Nedokius canon but it might help to better understand what is going on in general if people take a peek.
Since the beast has been described as "dog headed" wouldn't it be more likely to be a Kobold? At least the first picture seems to fit the description better. I don't know anything about Suikoden so I don't know how that might fit narratively in regards to that game series, but it doesn't exactly have to fit for this game anyway.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.