Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfRoMaN36 View Post
It's a road agent note. They tell you he was visibly drunk or wasted and it affected his performance. IRL a supervisor telling my boss that I am clearly wasted would lead to my termination regardless of them actually seeing me drink.
Yeah that's completely different from the scenarios I was thinking of including some real life ones that I've had to deal with personally. It would be the same for me where I work, if my supervisory reported me as being visibly drunk at work I would immediately be sent for testing and would be terminated.

I was also thinking of situations though that are not clear cut such as false accusations which could actually make the handling of the back stage environment even more interesting than it is now. In TEW terms I would equate this to a "manipulative" "hugely negative influence" in the locker room trying to get rid of someone they don't like. I believe we already have wrongful termination lawsuits in the game if I remember from the developers journal (I haven't personally seen it yet although I may as I just fired someone recently for something fairly minor so I should have opened myself up for it) so there are ways another wrinkle could be thrown in. I've been thinking of a bunch of items involving moral/vacations/backstage management that I'll be putting in the suggestion forum at some point once I've played a while longer.
Unread 05-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Skill and popularity changes are taking place after 3 minutes, so says the manual.

But what if I have Stacy Keibler shoot tshirts at the crowd 3 times for 1 minute, will those rate the highest and count for the "angle rating" of the show? I assume only 3+ minute angles are counted?

Last edited by Blackman : 05-26-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Unread 05-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasrangers13 View Post
Want to make sure I understand this correctly: if a gimmick is a default (IE "can use without any problems") that means the gimmick effect doesn't matter?

IE I have Kurt Angle, Olympic Gold Medalist, debut and it gets an "awful".
No quite. It means that if it is set as one of the two default gimmicks in the database (one face and one heel) that the worker would be able to use the gimmick without necessarily meeting the requirements of that gimmick (for example a gimmick requiring high charisma or menace).
Unread 05-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Rookie

Another question on gimmicks: what's the deal with tweaking? Does it ever improve the rating at all or just prevent the gimmick from getting stale?
Unread 05-26-2016, 05:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyGeorge View Post
Another question on gimmicks: what's the deal with tweaking? Does it ever improve the rating at all or just prevent the gimmick from getting stale?
It's possible that it can do both.
Unread 05-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Low Minors

what does athleticism effect?
Unread 05-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Styles View Post
what does athleticism effect?
I believe it mostly effects what types of gimmicks a worker can use.
Unread 05-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Super Star

An editor question: Is there a way to set a whole folder of pictures as free pictures for any generated worker to use or do you have to do it one by one and fill in every detail?
Unread 05-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Minor League

nevermind
Unread 05-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
I believe it mostly effects what types of gimmicks a worker can use.
I would be HIGHLY skeptical of that being all. Athleticism probably has a modest effect on in-ring action (Though ideally it would also synergize a bit extra with in-ring skills like Chain Wrestling and Aerial).
Unread 05-26-2016, 07:22 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Skill and popularity changes are taking place after 3 minutes, so says the manual.

But what if I have Stacy Keibler shoot tshirts at the crowd 3 times for 1 minute, will those rate the highest and count for the "angle rating" of the show? I assume only 3+ minute angles are counted?
I think only major angles can contribute to the angle rating of a show. Anything minor is mostly for popping crowds.
Unread 05-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Hall of Fame

It has a bit to do with skill caps in certain attributes, I think I remember reading that.
Unread 05-26-2016, 07:51 PM
Low Minors

Is there a way to alter match recaps like you can with angles?

I can type whatever I want for the booking screen, but the match recaps still just say "XXX beat XXX". I'd like to be able to have it show "XXX beat XXX when XXX interfered" or "XXX drew due to injury."
Unread 05-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by trypio View Post
An editor question: Is there a way to set a whole folder of pictures as free pictures for any generated worker to use or do you have to do it one by one and fill in every detail?
As far as I've been able to determine, the answer is no. Definitely something to put in the suggestion forum because a mass edit for this would definitely be helpful. I can't remember exactly how many free pictures I added to my personal game but I believe it was well over 1500.

I do have a tip for anyone who plans on doing something like this themselves. Organize your free picture folders into multiple different databases which you combine into one DB at the end. For example:

- one folder for pics of Asian women wrestlers who are very small/small.
- one folder for pics of Asian male wrestlers who are very small/small.
- one folder for pics of Asian male wrestlers who are light heavyweight/heavywieght.
- ect.

The idea is to have things organized so that you can leave all the check boxed ticked the same as you step through the pictures ("using the continue button") saving a bunch of clicks and some time.
Unread 05-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Major League

I want to run two night tournament for WWF in 1988 one night being a single and the next night being tag team.. I'm going to call it WWF Winter Classic, but I'm thinking about naming both after WWF legends from the time period. I just need some help on the tag team side of things. What would McMahon name it in 88?