Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Low Minors

I think we are seeing the truest sign of how different this WCW is from the original, I think you have 5 out of your 6 champions eligible for the Cruserweight title and the smallest guy on your roster holding the main title.
Unread 09-13-2017, 03:44 PM

great end of the year. really loving how this wcw is shaping up.

and damn close finish only 2 points of the #8 spot. i think i probably made some stupid mistakes with the predictions thinking russo would be hiding in the wings to swerve us a little more
Unread 09-13-2017, 07:26 PM
All Star

Default 2002 Year-End Awards

The 2002 awards and Power 500 are out.

Quote:
Wrestler of the Year:

Mitsuharu Misawa (NOAH) (x3)

Previous Winners (since 2001):
2001: Steve Austin (WWF)

With Austin gone from WWF/WWE and now slumming it in second-rate (more like third-rate) touring promotions, this award was left wide open this year. The Rock seemed like an obvious candidate to win it, and he had a great year despite not being featured as heavily as he probably should have been. He was narrowly edged out by NOAH's Misawa though, who took the award for the third time (and the first since 1997, when he was still with All Japan.) Misawa, owner and head booker of the company, booked himself to drop the GHC Heavyweight title to Akira Taue in February and outside of one unsuccessful challenge of Taue in June, he stayed out of the title picture for the rest of the year. I didn't think that was the best move for the company, and Misawa winning this award validates my thoughts. Misawa had too many amazing, match of the year candidates to list this year, but two of his matches stood apart from the rest: a non-title loss to Taue on TV in May, and a loss to Yoshinari Ogawa on TV a month prior. (You can't say the guy abuses his power and doesn't put others over.) Misawa is still performing at an elite level obviously, but at 40 years old, I expect him to start declining soon.

Quote:
Company of the Year:

Pro Wrestling NOAH (x2)

2001: NOAH

If you'd told me at the beginning of the year that Misawa was going to drop the GHC title to Akira Taue in February and largely stay out of the title scene for the rest of the year, I would've given NOAH very little chance of winning this award for the second year in a row, yet here we are. Taue has undeniably been a weaker champion than Misawa was, but as you'll see if you examine the top 10 of this year's Power 500, NOAH has an extremely talented batch of main event stars they can trot out on their PPVs and their weekly TV show. They're still ranked behind New Japan in the battle for the #1 spot in Japan, but they've seen steady gains in their popularity over the last year while NJPW has been stagnant, not losing any fans but not really gaining any either. If they can put together another year like this one, I expect NOAH to be the top dog in Japan by the end of 2003.

Quote:
Team of the Year:

TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima, NJPW)

2001: Two Man Power Trip (HHH and Austin) (WWF)

I won't lie: I was hoping that our own True Heroes would win this award, and was a little bit disappointed when I saw this outcome. Maybe if the middle two Heroes/Hardys matches hadn't underperformed (relatively speaking) it might have been possible, but upon further review this looks like the correct choice. TenKoji had numerous great matches in 2002, with the two best being a successful title defense against Jushin Liger and future IWGP Heavyweight Champion Osamu Nishimura on TV in May, and another TV defense in August against Negro Casas and Kazuyuki Fujita. While I would've loved to see our guys take this award, I'm glad it didn't go to a WWE team, especially a thrown together one like Austin and HHH last year.

Quote:
Match of the Year:

The Rock and Hollywood Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels and Kane from WWE Smackdown! in August

2001: Steve Austin vs. Chris Benoit from Survivor Series in November (WWF)

The in-ring work obviously wasn't the greatest with the ancient Hulkster limping around, but the crowd heat was absolutely molten for this match. The heel pairing of arrogant Hollywood star Rock and (wannabe) Hollywood star Hogan was an intriguing one, but this is one of only two times they've teamed up.

Quote:
Show of the Year:

WCW Starrcade in December

2001: Judgment Day in May (WWF)

I definitely did a little fist pump when I saw this one. This show should still be fresh in everyone's minds, so no need to go into detail on it. This result is a really encouraging sign for our long-term prospects. If we're capable of putting on the best show of the year, I firmly believe we're capable of getting back to the top one day.

Quote:
Most Improved Company of the Year:

Michinoku Pro Wrestling

None

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this. Michinoku Pro did experience some good growth this year, but I'd say there were several companies who did more, including NOAH and even ourselves. But hey, good look to them. I'd love to see them continue to thrive despite Vince's baffling declaration of war on them.

Quote:
Young Wrestler of the Year (age 24 or younger):

CM Punk (WCW)

2001: Jeff Hardy (WWF)

He missed out on tag team of the year, but this was a nice feather in Punk's cap (and mine too, I'd say.) This was a huge year for Punk, who improved his ranking in the Power 500 by almost a full 100 spots. After he and Lance won the tag titles at Starrcade at the end of last year, they were mainstays in the division all year. The arrival of the Hardys gave them a great babyface team to work with, and the two teams worked some magic together. The majority of Punk's 2002 highlights came with Lance, but he did have strong singles matches with Jeff Hardy, Mortis and Rob Van Dam. The Heroes have now dropped the titles in the climactic match of the feud with the Hardys, but Punk and Storm both figure heavily into the future of the company.

Quote:
Veteran Wrestler of the Year (age 42 or older):

Tatsumi Fujinami (NJPW) (x2)

2001: Tatsumi Fujinami (NJPW)

Fujinami won this award last year, and considering his IWGP Heavyweight title run lasted until October of this year, it was no surprise to see him repeat. He's 49, but if anything he had a better year in 2002 than he did in 2001. He's not the top dog anymore (nor should he be), but still appears to be set up for a prominent role in NJPW in 2003 since he and Yuji Nagata currently hold the IWGP Heavyweight tag titles.

Quote:
Female Wrestler of the Year:

Chigusa Nagayo (GAEA/WCW)

2001: Aja Kong (GAEA)

She's currently the #2 babyface on our Renaissance brand, but if I'm being honest, most of her best work in 2002 was done in the company she owned, the now-defunct GAEA. In particular, her three best matches of the year were all singles bouts with Aja Kong, so hopefully they'll also do well together at our upcoming Dancing with the Devil PPV. I'll be interested to see what happens with this award in 2003 now that all the major joshi promotions are out of business.

Quote:
Independent Wrestler of the Year:

Villano V

2001: Marc Mero

Good for Villano V on winning this award I guess, but if I were him I'd be a little upset that Villanos II-IV are all still employed by CMLL while he has to look for work on the smaller shows in Mexico.

Quote:
Manager of the Year:

Debra (WWE) (x2)

2001: Paul Heyman (WWF) (x2)

I was surprised she stuck around WWF/WWE after her husband Steve Austin left, but she's still there and received this award and now they're divorced, so I guess she made the right decision.

Quote:
Announcer of the Year:

Jim Ross (WWE) (x11)

2001: Jim Ross (WWF) (x10)

They might as well rename this award in JR's honor at this point, because he's won it five times in a row and eleven overall. No one has ever sold the drama of the matches better than Jim, and he's an asset that adds so much to WWE's shows.

Quote:
Color Commentator of the Year:

Takashi Nakano (NJPW)

2001: Bret Hart (WCW)

I have been dethroned! Nakano has been around for a long time, and serves as New Japan's primary color analyst. Not much else to say.

Quote:
Referee of the Year:

Red Shoes Unno (NJPW)

2001: Nick Patrick (WCW)

Poor Slick Nick Patrick was denied a repeat win. Red Shoes is the top ref in NJPW, and one of the best in the world (obviously.)
Quote:
THE POWER 100:

1. Mitsuharu Misawa
2. The Rock
3. Jun Akiyama
4. Keiji Mutoh
5. Kurt Angle
6. Kenta Kobashi
7. Triple H
8. Kane
9. Yoshinari Ogawa
10. Akira Taue
11. Tatsumi Fujinami
12. Toshiaki Kawada
13. Shawn Michaels
14. Chris Jericho
15. Eddie Guerrero
16. Kensuke Sasaki
17. The Undertaker
18. Chris Benoit
19. Jushin Liger
20. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
21. Satoshi Kojima
22. Osamu Nishimura
23. Steve Austin
24. Manabu Nakanishi
25. Koji Kanemoto
26. Hulk Hogan
27. Scott Hall
28. Hiroshi Hase
29. Big Show
30. Yuji Nagata
31. Kazuyuki Fujita
32. Lance Storm
33. Genichiro Tenryu
34. Dr. Wagner Jr.
35. Negro Casas
36. Jeff Hardy
37. Taiyo Kea
38. Rey Mysterio Jr.
39. Jinsei Shinzaki
40. Great Sasuke
41. William Regal
42. Yoshihiro Takayama
43. Booker T
44. CM Punk
45. Daisuke Ikeda
46. Minoru Tanaka
47. Masahiro Chono
48. Rob Van Dam
49. Matt Hardy
50. Ricky Marvin
51. Tiger Mask IV
52. Masao Inoue
53. Naomichi Marufuji
54. Shane Douglas
55. Mr. Perfect
56. Bubba Ray Dudley
57. Gran Naniwa
58. AJ Styles
59. Hiroshi Tanahashi
60. Atlantis
61. Marty Jannetty
62. Shinya Hashimoto
63. Dragon Kid
64. Christian
65. Test
66. El Samurai
67. Scott Steiner
68. Masato Tanaka
69. King Corino
70. D-Von Dudley
71. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
72. Hardcore Holly
73. Universo 2000
74. Abismo Negro
75. Chris Candido
76. Juventud Guerrera
77. Brian Christopher
78. El Hijo del Santo
79. Blue Panther
80. Hector Garza
81. Riki Choshu
82. Mortis
83. Mike Barton
84. Jerry Lynn
85. Samoa Joe
86. Edge
87. Raven
88. Rayo de Jalisco Jr.
89. Stevie Richards
90. The Unnatural
91. Rick Steiner
92. The Destroyer
93. Mr. Gannosuke
94. Perry Saturn
95. Tatsuhito Takaiwa
96. Chad Collyer
97. TAKA
98. Albert
99. Ultimo Dragon
100. Rhyno
Several WCW men (and women) narrowly missed out on the top 100, with the closest being the former American Dragon, now unmasked as Bryan Danielson, at #103.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejus View Post
Very good show TFC, it feels like your WCW has really come into its own. It is still definitely #2 in the world, because Vince's grip isn't going to be loosened easily, but you have definitely made some great waves, and on top of that getting an A* show out of Starrcade is no small feat in itself. I love that you have already begun advertising that Starrcade 2003 will be back home in Greensboro, which is incredible for a historical standpoint. I can't say that I'm all for Rey as champion yet, I feel like perhaps you will end up with a situation like RVD had for you after last Starrcade, where you just end up with a lot of matches penalized for one reason or another. I know Adam has toned down the psychology penalty, but if the match isn't up to snuff, it can still rear its ugly head I'm sure.
Not just an A*, but show of the year! I honestly wasn't expecting that. (I also wasn't aware that TV shows can't win that award, but that does seem fitting to me.)

I'm #2 in importance, but #3 in influence (NJPW is actually #1 in influence, ahead of even WWE). I would definitely consider myself above NJPW, NOAH and all the rest of the Japanese companies though, because I'm building up in every region while none of them have any real popularity outside of Japan. I expect that it'll be a long and difficult road to try and knock WWE out of the #1 spot, especially if Rock sticks around. They would massacre me in a national battle right now. I think I might have to make a move or two when I hit National to try and close that gap a bit.

I definitely want to make a big deal out of the 20th anniversary of Starrcade, and taking it back where it began seemed fitting. I worry that I might actually be shortchanging myself a bit, because by that time I might be popular enough to draw in a bigger arena. I guess if it comes to that I can just run a bigger arena somewhere else in North Carolina.

Rey's psychology is now high enough that I'm pretty sure it's impossible for him to get hit with that penalty. He's experienced massive growth in that over the last year, to the point that I think Lance Storm and Manami Toyota are the only active wrestlers in the company who are better.

Quote:
But it was a great idea to put the Tag title match on last, and I liked how you worded the way the match went. For one, I just loved Bret's digs at Shawn throughout the show (something we haven't really seen much of as of yet, it's a nice touch ) but just the way the main event was laid out makes me think of how Bret would do a ladder match. It wouldn't be an overbooked mess of spot after spot after spot, it would be a build up to the crescendo.

What gets me is Ric Flair. Helping Corino makes me think that either Ric is just that upset at Arn that he wanted to help the Empire, or he has been converted and has joined the fold? Either way, some Naitch is better than no Naitch, and I look forward to seeing him explain it.

Can't wait for the next Nitro!
I do try to take little digs at Shawn, Hunter and Vince here and there.

I wanted to try and write the ladder match up in a way that would make sense with the Slow Build road agent note I used, plus I agree that this is more in line with Bret Hart's thoughts on how to structure a main event level match. Thanks for making note of that, because this was something I struggled with a bit.

I'll probably need to use a Spotlight Segment for Flair's promo on the first Nitro of 2003 (unless I tease it along and don't have him fully explain himself until Sin, but that's doubtful.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
Scott Steiner be like....

Steiner: You need to get rid of that Kaz Hyashi....he will never amount to anything!
I can't say I blame him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgcs View Post
Great read, man. Glad to see you bring it even more for Starrcade. Interested to see how Alexander (The Great?) does.

AJ as US champ sounds nice, as does a potential feud with Finlay, but how about an updated picture for the guy?

Mysterio vs The Unnatural is gonna be good, hopefully both guys bring the heat.

Bit surprised that Scotty took it easy on his brother.

Bryan Danielson is here! Fingers crossed that his in-ring skills are coming along as well as his story.
The heel turn and pairing with Mortis should be a great thing for Alex's career.

I'll likely update the pics for a number of guys with the new year. I actually went to do exactly that with AJ for that champions update, but I couldn't find a suitable picture. Almost all of the AJ pictures in the three different organic-style folders I have are from many years later. There was one that looked suitable for this era, but it screamed "heel" to me.

Scott was only okay with the loss because I protected him. Brother or not, Big Poppa Pump's looking out for number one!

Danielson's in-ring skills are coming along very well. For a comparison: among the top row stats, he's better than AJ Styles at everything except for aerial and flashiness. Plus he's got one of the highest psych stats in the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
Excellent read man, great stuff. Was hoping I did enough in the predictions to get a team in the UFS, but no such luck. Good luck to those that did make it.

BTW, I'm getting ready to send you a PM about a couple things.

Keep up the good work, I only wish I could write a dynasty half as good as you do. And I wish I had the time to commit more to my dynasty report.
Close, but no cigar! It's interesting to see how many people predict in every show of the contest but still don't qualify for the UFS, because I'm almost positive that the first UFS (in TGAAB) had at least one, maybe even two people who made it in despite missing an entire show.

I've already PMed you, but my biggest message here to you and anyone else writing a dynasty is simple: have fun! That's the only thing that truly matters in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCorperial View Post
I think we are seeing the truest sign of how different this WCW is from the original, I think you have 5 out of your 6 champions eligible for the Cruserweight title and the smallest guy on your roster holding the main title.
Yep; that's a natural byproduct of playing as Bret, a master technician, with a product focusing on good ring work. For this reason I think I may eventually drop the cruiserweight title, because it seems somewhat superfluous in a company where those guys can headline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odan View Post
great end of the year. really loving how this wcw is shaping up.

and damn close finish only 2 points of the #8 spot. i think i probably made some stupid mistakes with the predictions thinking russo would be hiding in the wings to swerve us a little more
If you want Russo booking, go watch NWA: TNA on Urban America.

Last edited by The Final Countdown : 09-13-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Unread 09-13-2017, 07:51 PM
Rookie

Awesome Starcade show man, really glad that it won Show of the Year! It was definitely amazing.

Been a long time AJ Styles fan since his early days in RoH, so I'm really looking forward to his title reign.

Got to admit, really didn't see Flair turning there at first. You really pulled one on me, haha.

I'm looking forward to the era of Bryan Danielson, many great things to be expected.

Rey Mysterio had an awesome moment and what you do with him going forward will really be exciting to see. Mysterio Vs Rhodes will be great, hopefully a nice heated rivalry. Because, Dustin should definitely win the world championship in this dynasty some day.

The end of the year awards were quite interesting, I'm sure by end of 2003, WCW will have a lot of winners.

Congrats on an amazing show man, looking forward to Nitro and hopefully Flair explains his actions!
Unread 09-13-2017, 10:57 PM
Rookie

Long time lurker here. Been reading you since your ROH diaries. Fantastic stuff! You're my favorite along tigerkinney ( wonder what he's up to these days)

Now as for the thing with the cruiser weight belt, maybe you can unify the cruiser, tv and possibly the us belts so as to create the x division?

Whoa are the workers that improved the most? Cause booker t seems to be improving every match!

Also, can you loan the Canadian wrestlers from your dev company to stampede? Cause I thought that instead of letting Steen and generico rot in the unemployment section, you could've used the editor or something to set them to work at stampede IDK..

Also, I hope that you get angle, benoit, guerrero and jericho back! Could be a nice invasion feud of the Fed's best technical wrestlers against WCW'S new stars!

Hope that you get samoa joe! How's he doing in-game?

I like this WCW! Repairing the mistakes that the old one should've never made ( really, they should've never signed hogan!)

Cheerios!
Unread 09-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Living Legend

A show of top quality.
Unread 09-14-2017, 10:34 PM
All Star

Default Winter 2003 Roster Breakdown

Winter 2003 Roster Breakdown: (Faces in blue, heels in red)

MAIN ROSTER

Quote:
Main Event:
Diamond Dallas Page
Jeff Hardy (World Tag Team Champion)
Rey Mysterio Jr. (World Heavyweight Champion)
Rob Van Dam
Scott Steiner
Sting

Booker T
Chris Candido
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
King Corino
Lance Storm
Mortis
Shane Douglas
The Unnatural
Quote:
Upper Midcard:
AJ Styles (United States Heavyweight Champion)
Billy Kidman
Davey Boy Smith
Hugh Morrus
Konnan
Matt Hardy (World Tag Team Champion)
Norman Smiley
Rick Steiner
Sean O'Haire

Alexander
Brian Adams
Fit Finlay (World Television Champion)
Kaz Hayashi
Shane Helms
TAKA
The Destroyer
Quote:
Midcard:
Bryan Danielson
Ernest Miller
Hayabusa
Jamie Knoble

Bobby Roode
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Christopher Daniels (Cruiserweight Champion)
Disco Inferno
Johnny Parisi
Mike Sanders
Psychosis
Shawn Stasiak
Yang
Quote:
Lower Midcard:
Aguila
Big Vito
Harry Smith
Jinsei Shinzaki
Volador Jr.

Cash
Tony Mamaluke
Quote:
Opener:
Air Paris
Jason Jett
Lash Leroux
Teddy Hart

Evan Karagis
Shannon Moore
Quote:
Enhancement Talent:

Billy Kim
Elix Skipper

Quote:
Announcer:
Mike Tenay
Quote:
Color Commentator:
Bret Hart

Bobby Heenan
Quote:
Road Agent:
Ricky Steamboat

Bob Orton Jr.
Quote:
Personality:
Arn Anderson
Ric Flair
Roddy Piper

RENAISSANCE

Quote:
Main Event:
Chigusa Nagayo
Manami Toyota (World Women's Champion)

Aja Kong (AAAW Singles Champion)
Devil Masami
Quote:
Upper Midcard:
Kyoko Inoue
Nattie Neidhart

Etsuko Mita
Takako Inoue
Quote:
Midcard:
Alexis Laree
Allison Corino
Meiko Satomura
Melissa Anderson
Toshiyo Yamada

Daffney
Shinobu Kandori
Quote:
Lower Midcard:

LuFisto
Sonoko Kato
Quote:
Opener:
Kaori Yoneyama

Quote:
Enhancement Talent:

Quote:
Announcer:
Joey Styles
Quote:
Color Commentator:
Tracy Brooks

Quote:
Road Agent:
Dusty Rhodes
Quote:
On Vacation:
Tony Schiavone
Quote:
Out Of Action:
Akira Hokuto (rehab)
Mark Jindrak (rehab)
Buff Bagwell (spinal column injury)
Toshie Uematsu (rehab)

Quote:
Active Tag Teams:
3 Count (Evan Karagis and Shannon Moore)
Jung Dragons (Kaz Hayashi and Yang)
Made in Italy Johnny Parisi and Tony Mamaluke)
The Hardys (Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy)
The Smiths (Davey Boy Smith and Harry Smith)
The Unbound (Mortis and Alexander)
True Heroes (CM Punk and Lance Storm)
Volador Jr. and Aguila
Quote:
Factions:
Salvation (Father Isaac, Alexander, Mortis, The Destroyer and The Unnatural)
The Empire (Chris Candido, Eric Bischoff, Etsuko Mita, King Corino, TAKA, Chuck Palumbo and Tammy Sytch)
Quote:
Managerial Assignments:
Dawn Marie (Johnny Parisi and Tony Mamaluke)
Eric Bischoff (King Corino, TAKA and Etsuko Mita)
Father Isaac (Alexander, Mortis, The Destroyer and The Unnatural)
Kimberly Page (Shane Helms)
Stacy Keibler (Kaz Hayashi and Yang)
Tammy Sytch (Chris Candido and Chuck Palumbo)
Torrie Wilson (Billy Kidman)
Quote:
In Developmental:
Brian Kendrick
Chris Harris
Colt Cabana
David Flair
El Generico
James Storm
Johnny the Bull
Kaoru Ito
Katarina Waters
Kevin Steen
Kid Romeo
Lacey
Mariko Yoshida
Mercedes Martinez
Momoe Nakanishi
Paul London
Reno
TJ Wilson
Quote:
Creative Meeting:

Franchise Players:
1. Rey Mysterio Jr.
2. Booker T
3. Rob Van Dam
4. Jeff Hardy
5. CM Punk

Next Big Things:
1. Meiko Satomura
2. AJ Styles
3. Volador Jr.
4. Alexis Laree
5. Johnny Parisi

Hot Prospects:
1. Bryan Danielson
2. Meiko Satomura
3. Melissa Anderson
4. Allison Corino
5. Alexis Laree

Talk the Talk:
1. Ric Flair
2. CM Punk
3. Roddy Piper
4. Dusty Rhodes
5. Booker T

Show Stoppers:
1. Rey Misterio Jr.
2. Jeff Hardy
3. Rob Van Dam
4. CM Punk
5. Manami Toyota

Ring Generals:
1. Rey Misterio Jr.
2. Lance Storm
3. American Dragon
4. King Corino
5. AJ Styles

Who's Hot:
1. Yang
2. Diamond Dallas Page
3. Brian Adams
4. Sean O'Haire
5. AJ Styles

Who's Not:
1. Big Vito
2. Mike Sanders
3. Sonoko Kato
4. Ernest Miller
5. Shawn Stasiak

Time Decline:
1. Sting
4. Diamond Dallas Page
3. Fit Finlay
4. Aja Kong
5. Rick Steiner

Hidden Gems:
1. John Cena
2. Nova
3. Jay Briscoe
4. Kenny Omega
5. Austin Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondKnucklez View Post
Rey Mysterio had an awesome moment and what you do with him going forward will really be exciting to see. Mysterio Vs Rhodes will be great, hopefully a nice heated rivalry. Because, Dustin should definitely win the world championship in this dynasty some day.

The end of the year awards were quite interesting, I'm sure by end of 2003, WCW will have a lot of winners.
At the beginning I wouldn't have thought Dustin would ever be in serious consideration for a world title run, but it's a real possibility now.

I was pretty happy with winning young worker and especially show of the year. I don't expect to have much shot at the big awards, like wrestler/company of the year, just yet. Maybe I can pull off match of the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnikuniverse View Post
Long time lurker here. Been reading you since your ROH diaries. Fantastic stuff! You're my favorite along tigerkinney ( wonder what he's up to these days)
Wow, that IS a long time! Thanks for following along for so many years, and welcome to the boards officially! (And great username, by the way!) I think I saw Tigerkinney's name on a forum I visited a few months back (somewhere discussing NJPW, I think), but haven't seen him around here in some time.

Quote:
Now as for the thing with the cruiser weight belt, maybe you can unify the cruiser, tv and possibly the us belts so as to create the x division?
I've always felt the Cruiser and X Division are basically the same thing. If I were to drop the cruiser title though, I'd definitely do so in some sort of title unification match.

Quote:
Whoa are the workers that improved the most? Cause booker t seems to be improving every match!
Booker's had some minor improvements in some areas, but he's basically static at this point. A lot of in-ring stats haven't seen massive improvement, even among the younger guys, but psychology is a notable exception.

Quote:
Also, can you loan the Canadian wrestlers from your dev company to stampede? Cause I thought that instead of letting Steen and generico rot in the unemployment section, you could've used the editor or something to set them to work at stampede IDK..
I couldn't loan them out long-term, and even if I did I don't know how well it would work. I loaned Stampede Jimmy Yang one time, who is better and more over than anyone in their company by leaps and bounds, and they never booked him before the loan period expired.

Quote:
Also, I hope that you get angle, benoit, guerrero and jericho back! Could be a nice invasion feud of the Fed's best technical wrestlers against WCW'S new stars!
I'd love to get Angle, Guerrero and Jericho. Benoit would realistically be a top target of Bret's, but I just don't think I can bring myself to book him.

Quote:
Hope that you get samoa joe! How's he doing in-game?
Joe's definitely somebody I plan to bring in at some point. I'm in no rush to sign him because I have nothing planned for him in the near future, and he's been getting booked a ton as a regular with Zero-One, so there's no need for me to sign him and throw him in developmental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
A show of top quality.
Thanks Nobby! (And everyone else too!)
Unread 09-14-2017, 11:33 PM
All Star

Quote:
I'd love to get Angle, Guerrero and Jericho. Benoit would realistically be a top target of Bret's, but I just don't think I can bring myself to book him.
I'm one of those odd people that I can go back and enjoy his work without feeling weird about it. Honestly to this day he is still my top 5 favorite workers. Fun fact when I was coming up with in ring names for myself I almost went with Kevin Benoit (that would've been career suicide ) because I emulated a lot of his style.

What I'm trying to say is I get why you feel this way but I feel enough time has passed that most your readers would accept it if "Bret" happened to pluck him from WWE.
Unread 09-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Rookie

Wait, k-nection, you actually were a wrestler? I didn't know that! And yeah, it would be over before it even started LOL

and I feel the same way. There's no denying what happened, but to me, the first memory of him I have is the super j cup finals against Sasuke.

And besides, TFC, think about it: in-game, it's still 2003, it didn't happen yet. It's a realistic target, both in character for bret, and for your product. IMO, I'd go for it.

But if you're too uncomfortable about it, It's fine. I don't force anyone to do something they don't like.

Oh, and for the x division idea, it's because it was supposed to be like, am openweight belt? That's where I was getting at. But then, you can remove the heavyweight from the US belt and voila!

Last edited by kinnikuniverse : 09-15-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Unread 09-15-2017, 12:11 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnikuniverse View Post
Wait, k-nection, you actually were a wrestler?
It was such a brief small period I almost shouldn't even acknowledge it. I've had only a hand full of indy matches and I was a product of second handed training. (A guy I used to backyard wrestle with was being trained by Bobby Blaze. I was 17 during this and wasn't old enough to be trained by him so my buddy would go over the exact same session that he just went over during his) I basically had the exact same experience and was ready by the time I was 18 and saved money.

I don't think I was bad but I certainly wasn't good but I ended up getting my current wife pregnant and that cut my career short before it was even started.

Quote:
And yeah, it would be over before it even started LOL
To be fair it was 2003 when I was debating in ring names so I didn't have the power of hindsight. I went with K-Nection because of the flexibility with the name. (Fans= K-Nections) (Finisher 1= K-Nector) (Finisher= 24K) (Submission=Kerosene).

If I were to go back today I would go with Kevin Gaines......because I just like the way it sounds. I think it sounds like a fighter lol.
Unread 09-16-2017, 02:49 PM
All Star

Default January 2003: Road to Dancing with the Devil

Quote:

January 6th, 2003

From the Butte Civic Center in Butte, Montana

Attendance: 7,500

Announce Team: "The Professor" Mike Tenay and Bret "The Hitman" Hart

The show opens with a video package highlighting some of the major events from Starrcade, including Rey Mysterio Jr. winning the World Heavyweight Championship, Ric Flair swerving Rob Van Dam, and the Hardys prevailing over True Heroes to become 2-time World Tag Team Champions in an unforgettable ladder match. (B-)

The first thing in front of the live fans is the Hardys limping to the ring to bask in their huge win at Starrcade. They give credit to the True Heroes for hanging tough with them and giving them all they could handle, but say that at Starrcade they proved that the greatest tag team in the world is Matt and Jeff Hardy! The speech is interrupted by the Jung Dragons, who say that they're tired of being ignored and put on the back burner while all the attention goes to the Hardys and True Heroes. They point out their own win at Starrcade, and say that it's time to finally give the Dragons a chance--a chance at the World Tag Team Championship! The Hardys point out that they don't make the matches, but say they'll be happy to meet the challenge if the championship committee signs off on it. (B)

Norman Smiley stepped up to the plate as the challenger tonight, and "Black Magic" gave Fit Finlay quite a tough test. He was unable to fully lock in his Norman Conquest submission though, and Finlay won the match with his Tombstone for his 9th successful defense, putting him just one away from having the option to vacate the title and challenge for the US belt. (C+)

Lance Storm in-ring promo; he says CM Punk thankfully avoided serious injury, but he'll still be out of action recuperating for a bit thanks to the actions of "those reckless circus freaks" the Hardys. He vows that he won't be idle while Punk is out. "In case everyone's forgotten, I made it all the way to the Semifinals of the Stu Hart Classic. I can beat anyone in WCW one on one, and to prove that I'm issuing a challenge to the so-called franchise of WCW: Sting!" Sting steps out to accept the challenge! (B+)

Post-Starrcade footage: Harry Smith apologizes to his father for getting distracted by Stacy Keibler and costing them the match. Davey waves it off, telling his son that he's inexperienced and still learning the ropes, and mistakes are bound to happen. Disco Inferno saunters in and insults both of them, leading to a challenge for a one on one match between Disco and Harry for tonight on Nitro. (C-)

The Unbound looked just as impressive in their second outing as a team, surviving anything Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinzaki could throw at them before finishing Jinsei with their tandem finisher, the Fatal Flatliner. (B)

In a short clip, Rey Mysterio Jr. arrives at the arena with the World Heavyweight Championship over his shoulder. He'll address the fans live later tonight. (B)

Teddy Hart drops by Kidman's locker room to thank him for the wrestling lesson during the Cruiserweight Shootout at Starrcade and wish him luck in the title match against Christopher Daniels he's been granted for Sin. Kidman says he appreciates it, and they shake hands. (C+)

The Empire cut a locker room promo. Bischoff says that Starrcade didn't go exactly as they planned, with Palumbo losing the street fight and Candido failing to win the #1 contender's match, but King Corino getting his hand raised was a net positive. Corino candidly asks Eric if he made arrangements with Ric Flair without telling him about it, and Eric assures him he did not. "I don't know why he helped us, and honestly I don't care. We've already broken him and ended his career, so if he wants to be a thorn in RVD's side, I'm happy to leave him be." (B+)

Disco Inferno had talked a big game in insulting Harry Smith and saying he wasn't deserving of a spot in WCW, but Harry made him eat those words with a running powerslam in what turned out to be a surprisingly one-sided match. (C-)

Post-Starrcade footage: Bobby Roode tries to console Booker T. He tells him it's only a matter of time before he's a six time champion, but Booker doesn't seem to be hearing him. He just walks and stares straight ahead as if in a daze. (B-)

Spotlight Segment:

The familiar theme of Ric Flair brought the Nature Boy to the ring, to a mixed reaction from the fans. (People will always pop for Ric, but RVD may be our most over face, making him an ideal person for Ric to turn on.) After "woo"ing and running through some catchphrases, he told everyone in no uncertain terms that he is not and will never be associated with The Empire. He still hates Eric Bischoff's guts as much as he ever did, and that's not going to change. But he said this for Bischoff: at least he's honest about hating Flair.

"Yeah, all you people "woo"ed when I came out here, and you cheered when I showed up at Starrcade. Everyone pretends to love and respect me, but what happened when I was forced to retire, huh? You all moved on! You didn't need the Nature Boy anymore, because now you had your Hardys and your Mysterios and, yes, your Rob Van Dams to cheer for. After thirty years--THIRTY YEARS!--of pouring my blood, my sweat and my tears into this business, you people acted like I never even existed! Yeah, I'm talking to you, fat boy!" Ric screamed, taunting a fan in the front row wearing an RVD shirt.

"And it's not even just you ungrateful fans who ignored the Nature Boy. After my so-called best friend screwed me over and ended my career, he didn't even give me the courtesy of returning my phone calls! All these wrestlers who claim to idolize me, who say they wanted to be pro wrestlers because they grew up watching Ric Flair? Not one visit! Not one call! Not one e-mail! They forgot about me, all of them! And that includes Rob Van Dam! He didn't have one word to say to me, until he knew he was in trouble at Starrcade and needed somebody to watch his back! Yeah, then he was on his knees, begging the Nature Boy to save his ass, and if I'd done what he wanted me to do, he would've shook my hand and then forgot all about me as soon as the night was over! Well guess what? RVD won't be forgetting the Nature Boy any time soon, not after I punched his lights out, and neither will any of you! Because if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: diamonds are forever, and so's Ric Flair! I'm not going anywhere, so get used to it! WOO!"

Arn Anderson came to the ring, looking sad. He said he kept his distance from Ric, sure, but only because Ric was furious with him for making the judgment call to end the match at War Games. And even if the spotlight had no longer been on Ric, that didn't mean anyone had forgotten him. His contributions to the sport, his legacy, his career, all of it was second to none, and he would never be forgotten. But what he did at Starrcade, aiding Eric Bischoff of all people, and now complaining like a neglected toddler, was only tarnishing his legacy. Ric flew off the handle at that, screaming that if anyone was tarnishing their legacy, it was Arn. "You used to be one of the Horsemen, one of the studs of this business! And look at you now. You're just a corporate, kiss-ass sellout!" Ric punctuated his point by spitting in Arn's face, and Arn looked stunned as Ric tossed his suit jacket off and stalked back up the aisle. I think Arn could have done a better job here, but I think I did a good job on color as I played up the tension between the former friends, and Ric's insecurity.

Grade: A

Sean O'Haire ran right through poor Billy Kim in a squash. (C)

Shane Helms and Kimberly are seen arguing backstage before Helms stalks off, leaving her alone. (C-)

Post-Starrcade footage: Shane Douglas kicks open AJ Styles' locker room door as the new United States Champion is unwinding. Douglas angrily tells AJ that he might have somehow gotten his hand raised, but Shane's the greatest US Champion of all time and he won't let this stand. AJ taunts him by pulling the US belt out of his travel bag and dangling it in Shane's face, to which Douglas snarls and tells him to enjoy carrying that around while he can. (A)

Volador Jr. and Aguila used their high flying ability to defeat the larger team of Mike Sanders and Shawn Stasiak. (C+)

Bobby Heenan interviews Made in Italy, who say that the fans might think they'd seen a high point in tag team wrestling in that ladder match at Starrcade, but that would be a distant memory once they were graced by the in-ring presence of the pinnacle of elegance, class and teamwork. (C)

Our main event saw the now-unmasked Bryan Danielson taking on King Corino. The former American Dragon not only didn't let the loss of his mask get him down, if anything he was even sharper. He frustrated Corino with his scientific wrestling acumen, and the self-professed King was unable to break through on his own. Fortunately for him he got an assist from Chavo Guerrero Jr, who assaulted Danielson and suplexed him on the floor before rolling him back into the ring, where Corino was more than happy to pick the bones. (B+)

Spotlight Segment:

Rey Mysterio Jr. made his grand entrance as champion, with Mike Tenay trying and failing to get over how historic this night was (it really was, though. In his wildest dreams, do you think Bischoff ever thought this guy would one day be the world champion when he signed him?) He displayed the belt for the cheering fans, and delivered a speech "from the heart" (it was actually heavily scripted, but you get the point.) He said no one ever thought this would happen. People told him he was too small to even make it in the wrestling business, never mind becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. But he'd always believed in himself, and his victory at Starrcade was proof that if you work hard and believe in yourself, you can accomplish anything. He thanked his family, from his parents to his uncle, the original Rey Mysterio, who did him the honor of allowing him to wear the Mysterio mask and carry on the tradition. He also thanked his friends who'd supported him his entire career, and last but not least all of the fans.

"Every time you guys cheer for me, it motivates me to work that much harder and fight that much tougher. I might have Mexican roots, but this kid from San Diego is living the American dream, and I thank all of you for supporting me!"

The lights went out at that point, and then an eerie red hue bathed the arena as a face appeared on the video screen.

The Unnatural offered his "congratulations and condolences" on finally making his dreams come true. It was a momentous win, no one will deny that, not even him. But the story does not end there.

"An American dream, you say? I know a thing or two about that, Rey-Rey. Once upon a time I tried to make my own 'American dream' come true, and it ended only in failure, disappointment and heartbreak. Yes, you made your own dream a reality at Starrcade, but this is no fairy tale, and you shall not get your happily ever after. Because at Sin, I will see to it that your 'American dream' will morph into your deepest, darkest nightmare."

Grade: A*

Show Grade: A

January 11th, 2003 (taped January 7th)

From the Kyoto Prefectural Gymnasium in Kyoto, Japan

Attendance: 7,928

Announce Team: Joey Styles and Tracy Brooks

Chigusa Nagayo dispatched of Sonoko Kato with the Super Freak. (B-)

Nagayo post-match promo; says that if Aja Kong wants to prove she's truly championship-level, she can do it against her at Dancing with the Devil, since she herself was the first and best AAAW Singles champion, winning the belt three times. Kong responds from the back, saying that Chigusa might have been the first champion and she might have won the belt three times, but her third title reign ended at Kong's hands one year ago, and she will personally ensure that it remains Chigusa's last championship victory. (B)

In a big Dancing with the Devil preview, Meiko Satomura, Alexis Laree and Kyoko Inoue teamed against their respective opponents, Shinobu Kandori, Etsuko Mita and Takako Inoue. All six women got their chance to shine as they battled their rival, but in the end Satomura got the edge on Kandori with her Scorpion Rising kick. (C+)

After a video recap of Rob Van Dam vs. King Corino at Starrcade, it is announced that RVD will be back this Monday on Nitro to address Ric Flair's betrayal. (A)

It had now been made official that Nattie Neidhart and Melissa Anderson will take on Daffney and LuFisto (replacing the fired Mayumi Ozaki) at Dancing with the Devil, but tonight Melissa and LuFisto went solo. There was predictably ample involvement from both partners, with Daffney directly interfering and helping LuFisto steal the pin. (B-)

Manami Toyota's World Championship wasn't on the line in the main event, but it was vital for her to defeat freelancer Tsubasa Kuragaki and keep her confidence up heading into her big rematch with Devil Masami. Tsubasa gave a solid outing, hitting Toyota with multiple variations of the backbreaker, but it was Toyota who prevailed with a bridging double underhook suplex. (B-)

Toyota is having her hand raised, but Devil Masami appears from out of nowhere and catches her in the sleeper hold from behind! Toyota struggles but Masami's grip holds firm, and the champion is put out. Devil stands over the champion and holds up the title belt as the show closes. (A)

Show Grade: B

Quote:

DANCING WITH THE DEVIL

Fan Scorecard:

World Women's Championship: Devil Masami vs. Manami Toyota {}

AAAW Singles Championship: Chigusa Nagayo vs. Aja Kong {}

Alexis Laree vs. Etsuko Mita

Kyoko Inoue vs. Takako Inoue

Meiko Satomura vs. Shinobu Kandori

Melissa Anderson and Nattie Neidhart vs. Daffney and LuFisto

What will be match of the night?

How many championships will change hands?

General diary comments/questions/critiques:
Unread 09-16-2017, 03:16 PM
All Star

What will be match of the night? Devil vs. Toyota

How many championships will change hands? 0

General diary comments/questions/critiques: Love your take on women's wrestling (which is simple...treat them like men and it will get over lol) WWE always seemed to muddy this concept up.
Unread 09-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Minor League

What will be match of the night? Nagayo vs. Kong

Unread 09-16-2017, 03:36 PM
Minor League

What will be match of the night? Chigusa Nagayo vs. Aja Kong {}

General diary comments/questions/critiques: Cannot wait for the inevitable Toyota-Kong clash and wouldn't mind seeing someone from Renaissance be a member of a WCW stable one day as a crossover.
Unread 09-16-2017, 03:40 PM
Living Legend

What will be match of the night?- Masami/Toyota

How many championships will change hands?- 0