Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Minor League

Default 14 Suggestions

I haven't played TEW too much so I'm not sure if any of these things are currently in the game.

1. I feel like the penalty for the road agent for a worker having limited involvement in a match is too steep. A worker having limited involvement in a 6+ man match wouldn’t create much of a penalty in the match quality at all in real life. Even with a tag match, it wouldn’t create much of a penalty in the match quality at all in real life. What is the difference between a 20 minute singles match and a 20 minute tag match with both members of a team being the legal man in a match and only 1 of the members of a team being the legal man in a match? Maybe there shouldn’t be a penalty at all. I think a better approach is having the worker gain/lose little popularity and to not have their match quality rating count for the match. New Japan does a limited involvement approach with Tanahashi and it doesn’t make his matches that much worse if at all because he has limited involvement.

2. Certain companies have rules based on their product settings that say that the fans won’t react well to sports entertainment style stuff such as run-ins or someone cheating to win their match. The problem I have with this is that if you are 1 of those companies and you decide to do a run-in once in 10 years of gameplay you are still going to get this HUGE penalty to your match rating. Would fans really be upset in that situation? I think they would realize “well it is ok, they haven’t done this in like 10 years.” I think a better approach is to only penalize these companies in that huge of a way if they continue to do the sports entertainment style stuff frequently or very frequently. Doing sports entertainment style finishes once in a while I feel should have a very small penalty on the final match rating.

3. The option for a worker to still be champion even if they leave the company.

4. If there is an alliance title and their is 1 company that is very superior in popularity compared to the other companies in the alliance then that company can request the option to have the power to veto any title changes of the alliance title that the other companies in the alliance want to do. The other companies in the alliance could agree or refuse this based on the owner's personality traits.

5. Age and time decline being factors on how much the AI is willing to bid on someone. I would also like the AI to also factor hidden gems (if we can have a list the AI should too), hot prospects (after they hired them and can tell who they are), next big things (after they hired them and can tell they are), team experience, backstage effect, instead of just focusing on current raw stats.

6. In the Cornellverse in Japan there are no good announcers for top companies. Everyone brings the match rating down. If there is a good announcer then the AI for the top companies should try to bid very, very large amounts on them because of supply and demand. That is just 1 example. Basically I want supply and demand to have an effect on AI bidding.

7. If you play as a small/very small company in any fictional database the first thing you should do is completely overhaul the default roster and sign the best guys that you can. There are easily guys that you can hire that you know are going to vastly outperform most if not all of the workers on the companies around you in popularity. In my opinion it is too easy to get these type guys. I don't feel like the AI try hard enough to try to get these game changers for themselves. Because of this I feel like it is too easy to gain pretty large amounts of company popularity if you start out as a small/very small company.

8. Advanced narratives. First, I would like to mention that I realize that this would probably be very, very hard to add to the game. I'm just throwing it out there to see what the community thinks.

I look at the mod section of TEW and I am just in awe of the amount of work people put in, and the amount of quality these mods have. If something like what I am suggesting could happen in TEW I feel like with the amount of work these mod workers do could really take this game to a new level. This could be the next big thing for TEW. My suggestion is to allow narratives to do anything that a user can do to his own wrestling company, and more.
Here is an example. Have stories about company x booking big matches in a rivalry and have the narrative explain why these rivalries are creating so much interest in the wrestling world. This narrative would then force the AI to book the matches that were talked about in the narrative.

Another cool thing would be narratives that effect different factors of a worker. For example, you are playing a game and a narrative pops up about a worker who ended up spending all of their money as they got obsessed with their extravagant lifestyle. Because of this the narrative explains that the worker is going to work for at least another 7 years before they can retire because if they don’t then they won’t be able to have enough money to retire on. This narrative then has the effect of not allowing this character to retire for at least 7 more years.

The reason why I think this could be so big for TEW if this ever happened is because I could see the mod makers coming up with tons of creative and interesting ideas and then you could play TEW games where you have all these different narratives and different things happening at different times in your game. These types of things do happen in real life. I understand that doesn’t mean they can be replicated in a computer game and I realize how difficult this would be to create.

9. I feel like this would be needed if #8 happened and that is for a percent chance of a narrative actually happening in a game at the assigned date of it happening.

10. I think an easy narrative that could be allowed would be changing the ownership or booker of a company.

11. I think in handicap matches the worker with less partners gets too upset about losing. It’s a handicap match people expect them to lose. I understand that this type of reasoning doesn’t justify an opener pinning a main eventer, but I don’t understand in a Main Eventer vs. Midcarder & Upper Midcarder match why the Main Eventer gets upset about the Upper Midcarder pinning them to win the match.

12. A worker coming out of retirement. This could be used for anyone but mostly should be used for the wrestlers. It seems like a lot of wrestlers come out of retirement in real life.

13. When a worker announces that they are going to retire then I would like to have the option to be able to bill their last match as their last match. If they are a big enough star then it could add to the match rating or show popularity.

14. The player's handbook needs to have more information in it, or there should be a generally easier way to understand a lot more components of the game without having to ask. I think the question marks next to certain things that helps explain stuff are great and could be expanded on if it would make the player's handbook too complex or long. The small questions thread currently has almost 5,500 posts in it which is way too many. If I was thinking of buying the game and saw that many posts in a small questions thread it would make me wonder if this game is too complicated and if I should buy it. I get that you have the EWR mode but I could still see people thinking this and not buying the game.

15. I would like the option for the user to manually decide if someone should go into The Hall of Immortals during a saved game. Jimmy Snuka never won a title in WWE nor did Jake Roberts. Their career title reigns across all companies aren't that impressive either, especially Jake Roberts. I will admit the Cornellverse doesn't have many guys in the Hall of Immortals so you could make the argument that they weren't a top 30 worker of all time (around number of workers in HOI in default Cornellverse) so they shouldn't be in anyway. The counter argument is that with the HOI eligibility process Randy Orton would be far, far closer to being in then Snuka and Roberts and no offense to Orton but I'm not a fan of that. I don't know maybe I'm just too picky, but I would like an option that lets the game put people in the Hall of Immortals based on the criteria system, and the option that lets the user choose people to put in the Hall of Immortals. How this would work is if the user choosing members of the HOI option is turned on then when a very popular worker retires the user will be sent an email asking them if they would like to put this worker in the HOI along with the email telling the user if this worker would of been put in the HOI if the criteria system was turned on.

16. This is a major pet peeve for me in wrestling, and it is probably my only pet peeve in wrestling. This is probably because I think that titles should be treated with the same prestige as when a sports player wins a championship. I get really annoyed that people always say wrestler x is a <number> time champion. With that system you are saying that 3 title reigns that lasted a month each is more important then a title reign that lasted 10 months. That makes no sense. Even people as smart as Meltzer do this. I believe in mentioning the number of days all their reigns combined have, and mentioning if that number is 1 of the largest in company history. Anyway, for the achievement part of the HOI criteria I would prefer of a system that used the number of days holding a title compared to how many times they held a title.

17. I might be wrong on this but I don't believe non in ring wrestlers can be in the HOI. I think it would be cool if they could be. The criteria could maybe be a certain average rating throughout their career based on entertainment for managers, announcing for announcers etc. Bonuses for announcers working with other announcers who they had great chemistry with for long periods of time, managers managing someone they had chemistry with for a long time etc would also be something I would add to increase their chances of getting in HOI.

I put all my suggestions in the first post in the thread. They are easily numbered so you can easily refer to any of them. Ideas that aren't in the first post but mentioned in this thread are ideas I decided not to suggest.

I will respond to the thread when I have a new idea and also edit the first post and put it in. I'm doing this so people know when a new idea is added. I can't change the title from 14 suggestions.

18. A lot of Japanese promotions run small shows that are throw a way type shows that build up to a main, large show. Think New Japan and their Road To shows. There is a way to do this in TEW but it is tricky to find out how to do it. In fact I didn't think there was an option to change the size of your shows as no option appears in the editing schedule section other then the season finale idea, and that in not what I wanted. I wanted multiple small events building up to a large event.

Anyway, I was going through the Japanese AI companies and saw that they were able to simulate the small shows and large shows like I wanted to do based on their attendance figures. If you create an event that is weekly then the game treats those shows like they are small shows. When you create an event that is yearly then the game treats them as large shows, at least larger then the weekly events. I saw this pattern based on attendance figures. Luckily, if you want to just run 2 small shows during the first 2 weeks of the month instead of 4 you still can. You still set the events to weekly and then after the second show you delete the event on your schedule.

A lot of new players I don't feel are going to figure this out. I would like an option to pick what size you want an event to be. I would prefer the options small, medium, large, and mega. Small would be the Road To throw a way shows that New Japan does. Medium would be your normal event. Large would be your most prestigious events. For example Royal Rumble and SummerSlam are bigger and more prestigious events then the rest of WWE's events other then Wrestlemania. Mega would be your Tokyo Dome show or your Wrestlemania type show. Mega might not be needed because of the season finale option. You could argue that the large and mega options aren't needed because of the prestige ranking for each event, but I would at least like the small and medium options to be able to properly simulate the Road To throw a way type shows.

19. This probably isn't needed. I don't understand when you play a database that a company has more then 1 ref. There is no need unless you want to pay that much for a good backstage guy. Then it got me thinking how wrestling companies have multiple refs on their roster. I guess if 1 ref is used a lot maybe they lose a little bit of focus like picking up on injuries? Maybe this could be added in if you run a lot of shows or really bit shows while using just 1 ref.

20. New Japan has had shows where CMLL and ROH guys will defend their company's title on the regular New Japan show. New Japan has a working relationship with both companies. Usually the matches are against wrestlers from the same company as the champion, but not always. Titles rarely change hands in these matches. This is different then an alliance title because these are the company's regular belts. Maybe this could happen with TEW in rare circumstances if both companies are OK with it, and if they have a worker relationship together? Owner personality would decide that. Company of belt would have final say in the result of the match.

21. Having the AI suggest talent trades to the user.

22. This might already be in. If you use a worker in too many angles over an extended period of time then the crowd will get sick of them. I know this is in the game for low popularity guys but I would want it for everyone. Obviously really popular guys the fans would have a higher tolerance for. I'm suggesting this because of how easy it is to create generic angles like video package all over the show with your most over workers to boost a show grade.

23. I can't remember the exact number of minutes, I believe it is 1 to 4 minutes, these angles are capped based on the short length. I don't understand why anyone would make segments on this length. I don't see a benefit. I would get rid of the capping penalty.

24. With the new backstage segment additions I feel like the company you are playing with creates a lot more relationships with its workers compared to the AI companies. This is especially true with the user character compared to the AI bookers. I would either increase the relationship frequency with the AI companies or decrease relationship frequency with the user's company.

25. I realize there are too many changes between versions of TEW to allow people to continue their saved game in an older version of TEW. It would be cool though if you could keep ratings, fog of war, potential, announcing experience, and tag experience from a previous TEW game to the newer version of TEW. These things usually don't change in new versions of the game.

From
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...8&postcount=12

26. If this doesn't exist already.

Someone being mad about being turned heel because of merchandise sails if they are below an A popularity.

27. If this doesn't exist already.

A worker not wanting to turn heel or face because they didn't feel comfortable playing it, or because they didn't feel they were good at it.

28. Being allowed to have more characters for bios. This would be big for mod makers, and sometimes I struggle not being able to fit everything I want into the bio. Not a big deal for me because I can use a word processing program for the full bio, but like I said I think this would really help mod makers.

29. Planned future owners of a company. For example once Vince McMahon is no longer owner of WWE, it would be cool to set Stephanie McMahon and Triple H as the new owners.

30. Speaking of Stephanie and Triple H, what about multiple company owners?

31. A worker asking for compensation if you are going to unmask them. I have no seen this myself while playing TEW but maybe it exists.

32. Are there changes in star quality, and charisma based on someone losing their mask? If not there should be. La Sombra seems like a completely different wrestler then Andrade Cien Almas. I haven't noticed any major chances when I tested a few examples.

33. In Japan it is normal for workers to wrestle injured and to wrestle when logically they shouldn’t. I believe it is part of their culture about having loyalty for the promotion they are in. Yes, this happens in other countries, but that can’t compare to the amount of times it happens in Japan. Sometimes they really screw up their body and career. My point is that maybe Japanese workers should be less willing to take time off for injuries or (more) upset if you tell them to take time off because of their injury(ies.)

34. Currently in TEW workers are not upset about lowering their downside offer after you recently gave them a higher offer. This is the opposite of the salary per month/per appearance. For the salary per month/per appearance they will call you out if you recently offered them a higher deal.

35. I don't think covering for travel costs has any effect in how the worker feels about their offered contract.

36. The option to allow a personality to win an end of the year, for example an authority figure can not win an end of the year award no matter how good they are. I would suggest having the Manager of the Year Award to also include personalities.

37. This one isn’t a big deal, but I would like to have the option for the game not to use certain end of the year awards if the user doesn’t want them.

38. When you open the screen to change a worker's personality, I would like to have the option of being able to see what type of backstage effect they would have with their current personality sliders. So, for example it might say ‘very negative in most locker rooms' based on where the current personality sliders are. Sometimes when editing a worker's personality, you want to make a worker have a certain effect backstage, and this option would make it easier.

39. This suggestion is the same as the suggestion right above, but instead of backstage effect this would be for a companies’ overall world rank based on where the current sliders are for their popularity in each region. This would be a big benefit for some people. For example, I am trying to make MPWF the number 10 company in the world in a Cornellverse 2010 game. I continuously am having to change the popularity sliders for each region and then having to create new games until I see they're number 10 in the world. That isn’t a big deal for me at all, but I could see it being somewhat annoying for mod makers who are creating fictional universes.

40. Difference types of occasional wrestlers/semi-active wrestlers. Some examples off the top of my head are:

If my examples are off please let me know. I haven't watched WWE for a long time. Even if my examples are off I think you can get the point.

Undertaker only coming back for Wrestlemania/1 event a year, the biggest show of the year.

Triple H around 2017-Present, wrestles on big shows, wrestles sometimes but not often. Usually his matches are on PPVs and not Raw/Smackdown.

Hulk Hogan when he could still somewhat move schedule

You could obviously come up with more scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skummy View Post
That last one is pretty much covered by "roster usage", though.
I don't understand your post. I was suggesting different kinds of occasional workers.

Worker A who is an occasional wrestler/semi-active only wants to wrestle at WrestleMania for a nice pay day and he doesn't want to wrestle any more times during the year.

Worker B occasional wrestler/semi-active is willing to wrestle a few times a year at big events. He won't work more then a few times a year.

Worker C occasional wrestler/semi-active is willing to work 6-20 events a year. He won't work more then that.

I was suggesting something like that.

41. AI companies opening developmental companies during a saved game.

42. Setting an AI company to open a developmental company after the start game date.

43. Every unemployed wrestler should be guaranteed to wrestle 1 of the generic independent shows per month. Every country should have at least 1 generic independent show per month. This would help the close to 0 popularity guys that are unemployed.

44. When doing talent trades with the AI I feel like the AI overrates quantity and underrates quality.

45. Having to cancel a show because of extreme weather.

46. Foreign workers not being able to travel to a show because of weather.

47. I would like an upper mid card option for a championship. Sometimes I play and feel like midcard is too low and main event is too high. Obviously the user can pick whoever is champion, but I'm suggesting this for when siming years. I like to sim CV97 to create more detailed title histories.

48. An explanation of what the benefit is of having a higher match intensity or higher match danger. From my view they just seem to cause more injuries and wear and tear without adding anything of much value.

49. I will admit I am probably the only 1 who wants this. I think there should be more randomness in final match ratings and final angle ratings. Yes, it does exist, but not enough in my opinion. I don't use the repetitive booking penalty, pretend that the repetitive booking doesn't matter for this example. Lets say WWE books Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens every 2 weeks for 4 months. No silly sports entertainment stuff, just 20-25 minutes of pure wrestling. The norm would be for these matches to be around 4 stars-4 1/2 stars. That is what will probably happen. Maybe a 4 3/4 stars will slip in. That is realistic but there is the chance of a match deviating from the norm. A 3 1/4 star match can happen. That is basically not possible in TEW. The matches would probably look something like,

92, 90, 95, 89, 90, 86, 94, 93.

You get a general range of what the match will be. There is no way they are getting something like a 75 in a straight up match. Maybe if someone was high or hurt, but I'm talking about a normal 20-25 minute match. Should the 92, 90, 95, 89, 90, 86, 94, and 93 be expected match ratings? Yes. Should that range basically be guaranteed in a normal 20-25 minute match? In my opinion no.

Worker A averages a 70 match rating. Worker B averages a 75 match rating. Worker A and Worker B when facing each other get around a 68-77 rating. In real life are these guys going to score a 100 match rating? No, but there is a VERY small chance. In real life maybe they shock everyone and get a 95, a 90, or a 52. That is basically not possible in TEW. I get the chances of it happening are very, very small, but I would like it as a possibility.

50. With #49, I would like the consistency rating to change into 2 parts. A) How often does this worker deviate from their average match rating by 6+ points? 100 rating is the most frequent, 0 is the least frequent. B) If said worker deviates 6+ points from their match rating how much do they on average deviate from it? 100 rating is the most, 0 is the least.

I believe this would make these 2 ratings the only 2 ratings in TEW where it is not a bad thing to have a low rating. I would also suggest to have this for angles involving a worker. I'm not sure how exactly you would do that with multiple entertainment skills.

51. Just like with injuries I would like an extra randomness slider for matches and for angles involving a worker. None means the game stays the way it was in previous versions, and then you have Low, Medium, and High.

52. I don't know if this is possible with the algorithm for the End of the Year Awards, but if it is then I would like to suggest an updated live end of the year awards voting page. Basically when opening this page you would have something like 25 journalists who vote on the end of the year awards cast their vote for who they would pick to win each award if the year ended right now. I would have this start half way through the year and get updated every week through the end of the year. I really get into the end of the year awards and this system creating this extra suspense would definitely make it more enjoyable for me.

Lets call this suggestions retire-ers.

We have agers in TEW which change the default main alt picture when a worker hits a certain age. This feature would be the same thing except for changing the main alt when they hit a certain age, they change the main alt when the retire.

For example, there is the default Black Eagle alt and there is a user created alt that has him in a suite. When he retires from in ring competition the game would switch him to the alt that has him in a suite.

Like a lot of the suggestions in this thread they are microscopic suggestions that don't really matter either way, but I still like to post them when I think of them.

In my opinion TEW is a lot more fun on a tablet, but there is one draw back. Contract negotiations. On a computer you can hold down the arrow key when a worker wants 2,000+ more then what you are offering because you have a 0 negotiation ratings and you want them passing the torch, but on a tablet holding down the arrow key only does 1 click. It isn't a major thing but sometimes it can get annoying having to keep clicking it to get to the correct amount. But like I said it isn't a big deal. The reason why I would like this is because of something like signing bonuses. I can have the default signing bonus at 8,000 and I want to put it all the way to 0, that can be kind of annoying. You can drag the scrawl bar on a tablet but it is really difficult to do. So my suggestion is to add an option in the contract negotiation page that allows the user to manually type in the amount they want to pay for a certain area of a contract.

Last edited by Azul : 05-04-2018 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Suggestion 54 added
Unread 10-20-2017, 02:20 AM
Minor League

15. Height and type of body (muscular, ripped, fat etc) importance short be an option in the Eras tab. For example there is no penalty for pushing a skinny twig to the top while playing in 1980. The fans wouldn't of bought someone like that as a top guy in 1980.

16. It is way too easy to get 100 title prestiege if you are playing a top 3-4 company.
Unread 10-21-2017, 07:26 AM
Minor League

Anyone have any thoughts about my suggestions? I thought they were pretty good. I have some more coming probably.
Unread 10-23-2017, 11:17 AM
All Star

First of all I know Adam has posted this before saying he hates these kinds of lists because it makes it harder for him reference good ideas to put in the game. You should break these up into individual threads.

Now after saying that I have to say some of these ideas I really agree with. Number 8 especially. Not only should it be a modifiable narrative I think it should be an in game occurrence that keeps that floundering veteran hanging on longer. Take the Hulkster for instance. Linda divorced him and took everything right when he had one foot out of the door and it forced him to lace his boots back up many more times than he should have.
Unread 10-24-2017, 04:22 AM
Minor League

Quote:
First of all I know Adam has posted this before saying he hates these kinds of lists because it makes it harder for him reference good ideas to put in the game. You should break these up into individual threads.
I didn't know that thanks for telling me. Do you think I should do that now?
Unread 10-24-2017, 06:44 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
I didn't know that thanks for telling me. Do you think I should do that now?
No, please leave it as is.
Unread 10-26-2017, 11:16 PM
Minor League

Default Changes to Hall of Immortals

1. I would like the option for the user to manually decide if someone should go into The Hall of Immortals. Jimmy Snuka never won a title in WWE nor did Jake Roberts. Their career title reigns across all companies aren't that impressive either, especially Jake Roberts. I will admit the Cornellverse doesn't have many guys in the Hall of Immortals so you could make the argument that they weren't a top 30 worker of all time (around number of workers in HOI in default Cornellverse) so they shouldn't be in anyway. The counter argument is that with the HOI eligibility process Randy Orton would be far, far closer to being in then Snuka and Roberts and no offense to Orton but I'm not a fan of that. I don't know maybe I'm just too picky, but I would like an option that lets the game put people in the Hall of Immortals based on the criteria system, and the option that lets the user choose people to put in the Hall of Immortals. How this would work is if the user choosing members of the HOI option is turned on then when a very popular worker retires the user will be sent an email asking them if they would like to put this worker in the HOI along with the email telling the user if this worker would of been put in the HOI if the criteria system was turned on.

2. This is a major pet peeve for me in wrestling, and it is probably my only pet peeve in wrestling. This is probably because I think that titles should be treated with the same prestige as when a sports player wins a championship. I get really annoyed that people always say wrestler x is a <number> time champion. With that system you are saying that 3 title reigns that lasted a month each is more important then a title reign that lasted 10 months. That makes no sense. Even people as smart as Meltzer do this. I believe in mentioning the number of days all their reigns combined have, and mentioning if that number is 1 of the largest in company history. Anyway, for the achievement part of the HOI criteria I would prefer of a system that used the number of days holding a title compared to how many times they held a title.

3. I might be wrong on this but I don't believe non in ring wrestlers can be in the HOI. I think it would be cool if they could be. The criteria could maybe be a certain average rating throughout their career based on entertainment for managers, announcing for announcers etc. Bonuses for announcers working with other announcers who they had great chemistry with for long periods of time, managers managing someone they had chemistry with for a long time etc would also be something I would add to increase their chances of getting in HOI.
Unread 10-26-2017, 11:26 PM
Minor League

Default Announcing tryouts

I thought I read about someone already suggesting this in this forum but I cannot find it anywhere.

I would like the option to give tryouts to announcers backstage before hiring them. In real life you could try out a new announcer backstage by having him do a mock announcing session with your other announcers while watching old wrestling tapes. The reason I'm suggesting this is because when my announcing is struggling I keep hiring new third announcers until I find 1 that has good or great chemistry with the other announcers. This can go on for a long time. In real life I feel like it would be weird to watch a show where you had 10 different guest announcers in 10 weeks. Not a big deal either way just thought I would throw it out there.
Unread 10-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Minor League

Default Removing the trick of having a worker almost being a non wrestler

For example, I wanted to sign Ryu Karajara to be a manager for a stable of mine because I wanted to use his elite entertainment ratings to boost their angles and hence their storylines. He refused to be a manager or a non wrestler. He said he had to be a active wrestler. The thing is he agreed to be a nostalgia act. So with a touring schedule I can use him in the ring like 6 times a year on the preshow and then use him as a manger and in skits nonstop. This doesn't make sense to me as he says he refuses to be a non worker but I can trick him into basically being a non worker without him being upset.
Unread 10-27-2017, 12:23 AM
Super Star

Is that unrealistic though?

In your example he wants to keep wrestling but he's willing to be very much a lower tier talent (nostalgia act). If he wasn't willing to do that then the way you use him would have had to be different.
Unread 10-27-2017, 12:47 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
Is that unrealistic though?

In your example he wants to keep wrestling but he's willing to be very much a lower tier talent (nostalgia act). If he wasn't willing to do that then the way you use him would have had to be different.
I don't find him wanting to be a lower tier talent to be unrealistic. What I find unrealistic is I can use him 6 times a year as an active wrestler in the ring and he doesn't get upset about not being used more. When I was trying to sign him he specifically said he didn't want to be a guy who never wrestles. I don't see there being much of a difference at all between a guy who never wrestles and a guy who wrestles 6 times a year.
Unread 10-27-2017, 01:05 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul View Post
I don't find him wanting to be a lower tier talent to be unrealistic. What I find unrealistic is I can use him 6 times a year as an active wrestler in the ring and he doesn't get upset about not being used more. When I was trying to sign him he specifically said he didn't want to be a guy who never wrestles. I don't see there being much of a difference at all between a guy who never wrestles and a guy who wrestles 6 times a year.
Tell that to Daniel Bryan!

I think it's levels though, he is willing to wrestle as basically an occasional wrestler as a nostalgia act but not be fully out of the ring. Someone else may not be willing to be a nostalgia act and in that case you couldn't do the 6 times a year thing. I'd say it's a bit like Jerry Lawler a few years back - he was mainly a colour commentator but still wanted the occasional match on a fairly big stage.
Unread 10-27-2017, 02:39 AM
GDS Developer

Merged.

In your case, please keep your suggestions in one thread rather than spreading them out into individual threads.
Unread 10-27-2017, 03:35 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
Tell that to Daniel Bryan!

I think it's levels though, he is willing to wrestle as basically an occasional wrestler as a nostalgia act but not be fully out of the ring. Someone else may not be willing to be a nostalgia act and in that case you couldn't do the 6 times a year thing. I'd say it's a bit like Jerry Lawler a few years back - he was mainly a colour commentator but still wanted the occasional match on a fairly big stage.
You convinced me

Quote:
Merged.

In your case, please keep your suggestions in one thread rather than spreading them out into individual threads.
Ok, no problem
Unread 10-31-2017, 10:27 AM
Minor League

I put all my suggestions in the first post in the thread. They are easily numbered so you can easily refer to any of them. Ideas that aren't in the first post but mentioned in this thread are ideas I decided not to suggest.

I will respond to the thread when I have a new idea and also edit the first post and put it in. I'm doing this so people know when a new idea is added. I can't change the title from 14 suggestions.

18. A lot of Japanese promotions run small shows that are throw a way type shows that build up to a main, large show. Think New Japan and their Road To shows. There is a way to do this in TEW but it is tricky to find out how to do it. In fact I didn't think there was an option to change the size of your shows as no option appears in the editing schedule section other then the season finale idea, and that in not what I wanted. I wanted multiple small events building up to a large event.

Anyway, I was going through the Japanese AI companies and saw that they were able to simulate the small shows and large shows like I wanted to do based on their attendance figures. If you create an event that is weekly then the game treats those shows like they are small shows. When you create an event that is yearly then the game treats them as large shows, at least larger then the weekly events. I saw this pattern based on attendance figures. Luckily, if you want to just run 2 small shows during the first 2 weeks of the month instead of 4 you still can. You still set the events to weekly and then after the second show you delete the event on your schedule.

A lot of new players I don't feel are going to figure this out. I would like an option to pick what size you want an event to be. I would prefer the options small, medium, large, and mega. Small would be the Road To throw a way shows that New Japan does. Medium would be your normal event. Large would be your most prestigious events. For example Royal Rumble and SummerSlam are bigger and more prestigious events then the rest of WWE's events other then Wrestlemania. Mega would be your Tokyo Dome show or your Wrestlemania type show. Mega might not be needed because of the season finale option. You could argue that the large and mega options aren't needed because of the prestige ranking for each event, but I would at least like the small and medium options to be able to properly simulate the Road To throw a way type shows.