Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Major League

Default The GAMMA Thread

What is your strategy for GAMMA in this latest go-round?

You've got a nascent super heavyweight division that can't really stand on its own yet. You've got a slightly beefed up fighter roster thanks to FLB's demise and some timely poaching at BCF and XCC. Where do you go from here?

How quickly do you bring back Clash of the Titans? How often do you book events, and what do your cards look like? I try to run monthly events, with 12 fights (one in each division for both the main card and the prelim) per card, but then I also tend to run bulky rosters with lots of fresh meat for the grinder.

What's your strategy?
Unread 02-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Default Early GAMMA

Signed a variety of prospects. Encouraged Matthew Dean to open a US-based team, and target some decent prospects to relocate/join a team.

Opened a FW division.

One Normal Show, PPV per month. Roster seems strong enough to handle 12 legit main events per year. 6 main/6 prelim fights. Try to make sure to have all the main cards be ranked fighters. Prelims are unranked.

Battle lines once ever other month - lesser show on CANN.

Started a new "throwaway" show on SportsTube, where I can get away with a main event that's High Level Regional (currently i'm mid-level national) to get an extra 12 flights for primarily lower tier guys.

Seems to give me about 800K per month, and keep my credibility/stability decently high, without growing too fast that I outgrow my main-eventers.
Unread 02-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Low Minors

I'm having one night tournaments on Battle lines every other month to grow new stars. Isaiah Monroe has been the most successful. Going from unranked to 10th in middleweight rankings
Unread 02-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Low Minors

The first step I have done is just close the Super Heavyweight division as I've never really grown any of them to a good level and I don't have any favorites I like to see grow at that division. This lets me concentrate on developing the other weight classes. I then open a FW division as grabbing Ziskie and building him up quickly gives me another main eventer. This time I tried also opening two women's divisions from the beginning, flyweight and bantamweight. It's been slow and steady building those 2 divisions, but I also like the excitement that anyone could step up and just make a run to write their name in the GAMMA history books.

I fill up each division with about 40 guys with a mix of prospects and veterans who get cut/FLB remains. This results in running a lot of TV shows/throwaway shows to give them a chance and if they do well, they may find their names on the main card of a PPV. This also allows me to rush to Mid-National asap so I can get a contract with North America Prime Select to give my fighters more exposure and grow my company faster.

After I have the infrastructure set up, I might use Clash of the Titans to crown a new division champion like bantamweight. I also have to wait for my favorite guys like Villar, Satinho to run through their Alpha-1 contracts so I can hopefully win them in a bidding war.
Unread 02-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Minor League

I'm not playing as GAMMA, but have just seen them cut Nathan Chambers after a split decision loss to Jack Humphreys in his first in-game fight

Thought I'd gauge opinion here before making a thread in the suggestions forum: although I like the idea of the AI being a bit more aggressive in cutting fighters, does this seem a bit OTT?
Unread 02-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Rookie

i picked nathan chambers up in bcf after they did that on my game as well .
Unread 02-06-2018, 06:39 AM

Everything was going well; I had poached most of Alpha's stars, I had almost $25 million in the bank and the Main Event for GAMMA 61 was going to be Dean vs Hendo for the Middleweight Title.

About two months before the match, Dean gets caught in a sex tape scandal and is "toxic" for the next year and 8 months.

Match is now between Garner and Hendo for the vacant title.
Unread 02-06-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
About two months before the match, Dean gets caught in a sex tape scandal and is "toxic" for the next year and 8 months.
Probably just layed on his wife for 25 minutes
Unread 02-06-2018, 07:51 AM
Rookie

2 events per month one tv one ppv , poach every great fighter at the beginning of the game , shortlist ones that have contractual obligations, constantly check xcc and bcf for neg funds to get a feeder org. .... move that matthew dean to light heavy weight cause i cant stand how op he is in the middleweight division ....
Unread 02-06-2018, 09:46 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonV View Post
That's absolutely hilarious! I'm almost to the point where I skip his fights. Dean is basically GSP at this point.

On that note I finally found someone to beat Dean... Himself. Popped for TRT after beating Toru so now I'm going to run Garner v Toru or Garner v Benn for my first show of 03. Garner will probably dominate while Dean is out. Unfortunately that will probably mean a Dean v Garner 4 at the end of 03 in which Dean dominates Garner.

Really irritated Dean failed a drug test. I was wanting to run him and Foster on my end of year show. So instead Foster is defending against #1 contender Rav Kapur while Spencer Rubenstein is making his 1st defense against #1 contender Niki Soldo in the co main slot. First show to my knowledge with 2 matches labeled as high level international for the draw.

Fiyero is now on top of the Lightweight division, Manuel Silva is welter champ, MW is vacated, LHW is Rubenstein, HW is Foster and SHW is Texas Ted. Lamont banner won the FW belt in the finale of COTT and defends against Gaffigan at my next show.

Getting close to making my own network. Gonna go an advertising network with big across all regions. Should be fun!
Unread 02-06-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I'm not playing as GAMMA, but have just seen them cut Nathan Chambers after a split decision loss to Jack Humphreys in his first in-game fight

Thought I'd gauge opinion here before making a thread in the suggestions forum: although I like the idea of the AI being a bit more aggressive in cutting fighters, does this seem a bit OTT?
You ain't seen nothing yet. BE sure to keep an eye on big companies cutting good guys after one or two losses. I've gotten a few of ALPHA's guys doing this
Unread 02-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Hall of Fame

I'm planning on spamming COTT seasons. First one was to bring in a women's BW division. Next up is the stacked FW (after the biggest poaching trip ever) and after that probably women's FlyW and male BW.
Unread 02-06-2018, 01:41 PM

When it comes to broadcasters, I noticed there are no big PPV broadcasters (except for North America Prime Select) but big Advertising ones, so the plan is to save money and create regional PPV broadcaster (North America, Europe & Brit Islands, etc). Then, when the time comes and GAMMA becomes big enough in regions create deals with the big advertising broadcasters in each area.
Unread 02-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonV View Post
You are a comedy genius, this properly made me laugh
Unread 02-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Low Minors

Just coming up to three years in and my slow build on Ekkberg is about to pay off. He's now ranked #3 heavyweight, is 15-0 (9-0 GAMMA), and at mid level international name value is actually the most popular guy in the world. His next fight is Kapur for the title, in one I expect him to lose, but his stats have improved enough to at least make it an interesting fight.