Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Living Legend

I'm thinking we are all giddy on this fine day.

Thank you Adam, very excited for the lengthy developer's journal!
Unread 12-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Phenom

The second best news I've heard today! The first best is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
It will have the usual converter included so that TEW2016 databases can be turned into TEW2020 compatible versions.
because I have been working on a mod for years now and had a moment of panic that it wasn't going to be compatible
Unread 12-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
The second best news I've heard today! The first best is:

because I have been working on a mod for years now and had a moment of panic that it wasn't going to be compatible
I have been too
Unread 12-08-2018, 10:28 PM

Super excited to see what's new. The fact that you had to build it from scratch makes me very intrigued as to what the game is going to look like!
Unread 12-08-2018, 10:46 PM
All Star

Eeeek! So excited, I can't wait to see what a new C-Verse looks like four years on.
Unread 12-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Low Minors

Am I the only weirdo who cares more about what the universe will look like than the game?

Rebuilding the whole game is going to be interesting though. Excited to see how everything looks and feels. Will be checking back for those first screenshots frequently!
Unread 12-09-2018, 12:16 AM
Living Legend

This is amazing, Adam Ryland! Thank you for your hard work. I am looking forward to seeing the new and modified features of the game. I am also looking forward to seeing the updated Cornellverse. All in all, this is wonderful news and is the second best thing to happen to me today.
Unread 12-09-2018, 04:29 AM
Phenom

I am so Hyped for this can't wait to see how the Australian scene turns out as it is my focus point and the Underwood changes looking forward to the diary.

The only question I have is will we be seeing an open beta prior to release like we did with 2016?

Last edited by HiPlus : 12-09-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Unread 12-09-2018, 05:22 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPlus View Post
I am so Hyped for this can't wait to see how the Australian scene turns out as it is my focus point and the Underwood changes looking forward to the diary.

The only question I have is will we be seeing an open beta prior to release like we did with 2016?
I'd be willing to bet that it happens since it's pretty much par the course by now, but the game isn't finished yet, haha. Adam usually releases the open beta one week before the full release.

There's still over a year to go.

It's weird waiting a year plus for a new game after its announcement.
Unread 12-09-2018, 07:27 AM
Super Star

Very excited for this, although I'm not joining the "take my money already" camp like some other posters without knowing how the game will actually look like.
As usual I'll take a wait-and-see-approach with the game. Having said that, I expect this game to be awesome as all the other games in the TEW series before.

Since the developer's journal starts so early, I'd like to read what some of the developments are within the default database once it has been decided upon.
Unread 12-09-2018, 07:36 AM
Living Legend

Really looking forward to see how this develops.
Unread 12-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial311 View Post
Am I the only weirdo who cares more about what the universe will look like than the game?

Rebuilding the whole game is going to be interesting though. Excited to see how everything looks and feels. Will be checking back for those first screenshots frequently!
Iím with you! While I am of course excited for new features, for me the big excitement with every new release is to see how the CVerse has changed! And with a longer gap than we have seen before Iím expecting some huge shakeups for this version
Unread 12-09-2018, 10:53 AM

Hey all. I am new here. I only discovered TEW a few weeks ago. Been losing a lot of sleep playing it.

I play the 1987 mod since I love pro wrestling from Mania 1 to about the early 2000's. My main goal is to learn it back to front and teach it too my 11 year old autistic son. He is obsessed with pro wrestling and I think this is a great game for him to hyper-focus on that may have more positive benefits than WWE2k (add year).

One request (not sure if its doable) is for merchandise. I'd love to have units involved in the custom section. For example "Units sold per month" "Units produced a month". As the units sold vary you can change production. As sales slow for a worker maybe click a sale option. If sales dry up have a donate to charity button, you take a hit but might increase popularity in the process.

I know its far away from the core of the game, but like I said I'm only just learning.

Cheers
Unread 12-09-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
Hey all. I am new here. I only discovered TEW a few weeks ago. Been losing a lot of sleep playing it.

I play the 1987 mod since I love pro wrestling from Mania 1 to about the early 2000's. My main goal is to learn it back to front and teach it too my 11 year old autistic son. He is obsessed with pro wrestling and I think this is a great game for him to hyper-focus on that may have more positive benefits than WWE2k (add year).

One request (not sure if its doable) is for merchandise. I'd love to have units involved in the custom section. For example "Units sold per month" "Units produced a month". As the units sold vary you can change production. As sales slow for a worker maybe click a sale option. If sales dry up have a donate to charity button, you take a hit but might increase popularity in the process.

I know its far away from the core of the game, but like I said I'm only just learning.

Cheers

Oh just to tact onto this. Merch sales could be tied to a formula of pop + match rating + momentum + disposition. You could add revenue sharing of X percentage into contract negotiations. The higher the percentage, the better they work, the more money they get, the better the morale, but the lower your profit is.

Just some extra thoughts.
Unread 12-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Major League

This is great news. I've been working hard on my skin, so I'll try and have that out in a few weeks so that it has some time to be used. Then I guess I'll see what the skinning is like for TEW2020.