Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Major League

RMW Live #22
Saturday, Week 2, November 2019
Live from the Oxford Arena, 7:30 PM Bell Time
Also Aired On Demand on the Rocky Mountain Sports Network

Main Event
Singles Match
Two out of Three Falls
Sixty Minute Time Limit
RMW Can Am Championship
“The Lucha Libre Machine” El Mitico Jr versus “Flawless” Franklin Rush ©

Co Main Event
Ten Man Tag Match
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
The Islands [Ekuma, James Adams, Weatherfield, The Cummos] versus The Samoan Mafia [Samoan Demolition, Samoan Destruction Inc., and Charger Siaki] w/ Streetz

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Number One Contender to RMW Can-Am Championship
Blue Tiger versus Toma w/ Streetz

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
“The Troubadour” Floyd Reeves versus R.W. Vega

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Princeton Pryce versus The Acolyte
Unread 01-14-2019, 03:29 PM
All Star

Johnny Anderson’s fingers moved across his guitar. G. C. G. D. Again. Again. The pattern switches and Floyd Reeves added in. “Trouble. Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble. Trouble been wrongin’ my soul since the day I was born.”

The garage door was open. The house that three of the four members of Devil’s Rejects shared was meeting center for the Rejects, Floyd, and anyone else who just wanted a place to hang out. Louis did not live here -- he still lived with his abuela. He hung out with them a lot. Johnny was teaching him to play the bass and the drums. Floyd was another musician. Played the fiddle, the banjo, and the steel guitar.

Floyd Reeves was from West Virginia. From the hollers. He had wanted to do two things with his life -- wrestle and play music. He had gone to the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling because his family had moved his senior year of highschool. It made the most sense. He still played music, but he got to wrestle too. It was perfect. Today, he was just playing with Johnny and Louis. The three of them were playing and Keith was working on his motorcycle.

He had just bought a new one. A 1946 Indian Chief Motorcycle. It had the potential to be a beautiful machine once he finished rebuilding it. The engine was in pieces on his work table. He was cleaning and checking each part. He was diligent. He had to be. He took it incredibly serious. The music didn’t bother him. It helped him focus.

Brett was inside the house, holed up in his room with his headphones on knee-deep in Anatomy work.

Johnny’s fingers continued over the guitar. Moving effortlessly. Floyd sang and Louis did his best on the drums. He was still learning. Was far from an expert.

A car pulled into the driveway. A late 90’s Accord. February, her real first name, though Malaise was not her surname, climbed out of the car. The sounds of “Trouble” greeted her and she grinned. It was a classic song. The kind of blues-rock song that carried pain in it. Floyd crooned out “I’ve been saved by a woman.” And she shot a side eyed glance at Keith.

Neither were ready to go public. Neither were ready for what that meant. February had been with the guys for two full months now. Was in her third month. It had taken all of three weeks before she realized that Keith was a man whose hands knew their way around more than a carburetor. If they told anyone it could make their professional standing could be in jeopardy. She was supposed to be the biker babe -- and it was a role she was taking seriously. She had learned about motorcycles. Learned about biker gangs. She had worked with Marjorie on makeup and wardrobe. She had spent hours getting to know the guys, befriending them.

She only kind of liked Louis. He was a little rough around the edges. He had grown up in a barrio -- she didn’t hold that against him. It just meant he didn’t have much education on the proper ways to speak to women. She was working with him to understand that most women didn’t enjoy being called words that started with a ‘B.’

Brett was nice, but a nerd. His biker image hid the fact he was trying to make it into med school. He kept to himself a lot at the house, studying. Johnny was a lot of fun. Talkative. Charismatic. He spent a lot of time playing music. He and Floyd had become almost inseparable. They practiced music on an almost daily basis, which worked for her because it gave her and Keith time together that they might otherwise not have gotten. Time where they could be together but not have not have to let people know that they were together.

She listened to them finish Trouble. Listened to the last chords come out and just laughed. “Keep practicing. You might get it.”
Unread 01-14-2019, 03:56 PM
All Star

Default RMW Live #22

RMW Live #22
Saturday, Week 2, November 2019
Also Aired On Demand on the Rocky Mountain Sports Network

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Princeton Pryce versus The Acolyte

In a terrible match, The Acolyte defeated Princeton Pryce in 10:16 by pinfall with a Bear Knee. E+
-Pryce and Acolyte do not click and it made for an awkward bout.

"Tonight, I reclaim the Can-Am Championship in the most classic of lucha matches. Two out of Three Falls. We've each pinned each other, Franklin. We've each won. This will be the ultimate test. I promise you I'm ready.
Are you?" D+

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

“The Troubadour” Floyd Reeves versus R.W. Vega

In a terrible match, R.W. Vega defeated Floyd Reeves in 8:12 by pinfall with a Rebound Spear. E

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Number One Contender to RMW Can-Am Championship
w/
Blue Tiger versus Toma w/ Streetz

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Blue Tiger defeated Toma in 10:20 by pinfall with a Side Blaster after a distraction from Ekuma. D+

Co Main Event
Ten Man Tag Match

w/
The Islands [Ekuma, James Adams, Weatherfield, The Cummos] versus The Samoan Mafia [Samoan Demolition, Samoan Destruction Inc., and Charger Siaki] w/ Streetz

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Samoan Mafia (Rhino Umaga, Samoan Machine, King Malietoa, The Brisbane Devil and Charger Siaki) defeated The Islands (Ekuma, James Adams, Rocky Weatherfield, Kurt Cummo and Luis Cummo) in 18:50 when Charger Siaki defeated Rocky Weatherfield by pinfall with a Crash Test after Streetz interfered.

Luis Cummo was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance. D+

Franklin Rush cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with El Mítico Jr. C.

Main Event
Singles Match
Two out of Three Falls
Sixty Minute Time Limit

“The Lucha Libre Machine” El Mitico Jr versus “Flawless” Franklin Rush ©

In a bout that had good wrestling but didn't have much heat, Franklin Rush defeated El Mítico Jr in 35:49 at two falls to one after winning the first, with the final fall happening by pinfall with a Smart Spike. Franklin Rush makes defence number 1 of his RMW Can-Am Championship title. C-

Overall: This show raised our popularity. C-
Unread 01-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Super Star

100% correct predictions, check.
Devil's Rejects narrative, check.
Sexual innuendo about carburetors, check.
I knew I was right to vote this for Diary of the Month
Unread 01-14-2019, 08:21 PM
All Star

Rocky Mountain Wrestling returns on the final Sunday of the month for our fourth annual Thanksgiving Thunder! With a mega-main event and several other marquee matchups, you do not want to be one of the fans that got turned away at Halloween Throwdown. Get your tickets now.

Quote:
Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: Thanksgiving Thunder
Saturday, Week 4, November 2019
Also Available On Demand on the Rocky Mountain Sports Network

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
“The Straight Shooter” Joel Bryant versus “The Cornerstone” Riley McManus © w/ Jeffrey Aroma

Semi Main Event
Eight Man Tag Team Match
House of Stone [The Griffins, Ancrie, and Stone] versus Bowen Services [The Ring Generals, Allen, and Vessey] w/ Lisa Bowen

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Chill versus Frantic Ali

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
“The Assassin of the Squared Circle” Ernest Youngman versus “The French-Canadian MVP” Marcel LeFleur

Opening Match
Four Way Elimination Tag Team Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Number One Contender to the RMW Tag Team Titles
The 937lb Express versus The Hawaiian Boys versus Samoan Destruction, Inc. versus James & Raymond Diaz
Unread 01-14-2019, 09:40 PM
Super Star

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
“The Straight Shooter” Joel Bryant versus “The Cornerstone” Riley McManus © w/ Jeffrey Aroma
Huge main event, but I think the retirement is upon us

Semi Main Event
Eight Man Tag Team Match
House of Stone [The Griffins, Ancrie, and Stone] versus Bowen Services [The Ring Generals, Allen, and Vessey] w/ Lisa Bowen
Any team with Primus on it should find a way to win. But you never know with non-elimination rules as a quick pin during a schmaze can always occur

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Chill versus Frantic Ali
Sort of a mini-push it seems for Chill as poor Ali hasn’t fared all that well in RMW

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
The Assassin of the Squared Circle” Ernest Youngman versus “The French-Canadian MVP” Marcel LeFleur
One of my Cverse favs taking the win. Riley, watch out

Opening Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
The 937lb Express versus The Hawaiian Boys versus Samoan Destruction, Inc. versus James & Raymond Diaz

Going with the upset although I suspect the Diaz’s to prevail

Last edited by Theheel : 01-14-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Unread 01-15-2019, 12:53 AM
All Star

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event
Eight Man Tag Team Match

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Chill versus Frantic Ali

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
“The Assassin of the Squared Circle” Ernest Youngman versus “The French-Canadian MVP” Marcel LeFleur

Opening Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Unread 01-15-2019, 01:59 AM
Super Star

The veteran makes the cornerstone look good here.

Eight Man Tag Team Match
Griffin Jr. eats the pin to cause a rift and allow the brothers to try their hands as singles competitors for a bit.

Chill versus Frantic Ali
Chill's been getting a push, even if he hasn't done anything great with it. Ali and the GSW/IPW folks seem to have been brought in as jobbers. Easy pick.

EY gets the win to start strong. Hope you'll use Bison or Lloyd's re-render for the man here.

Need babyface contenders and I'm not sure the Hawaiians can deliver, certainly not as well as the D to the I to the A and Z.
Unread 01-15-2019, 05:32 AM
Super Star

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event
Eight Man Tag Team Match

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Chill versus Frantic Ali

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Unread 01-15-2019, 11:27 AM
All Star

“so I wait for you like a lonely house
till you will see me again and live in me.
Till then my windows ache.” - Pablo Neruda

It had been a long day. An incredibly long day. It was a day before show day. Thanksgiving Thunder would happen on Saturday -- so that meant Friday night as a long night of pre production with her crew. Marjorie was incredibly detail oriented. She had been trained to do walk throughs -- and she took that training seriously. Every Friday Night before the show she did a dry walk through so she could position cameras. Her lights were set up and fixed, but the cameras -- with the exception of the hardcam, changed based off need. Obviously, she did not know every move or moment of a match, but she did a run through of entrances and had people walk to the ring and stand. It allowed her to check to make sure no bulbs have gone out. To make sure her cameras were focused and dialed in. To make sure any new graphics or special graphics were right. You’d think she was over preparing and she knew she probably was, but she could not help herself. She wanted to be sure. She wanted to be positive.

Lisa was gone again when Marjorie got home. Probably with Riley preparing for tomorrow. Or on a dinner date. Or… Marjorie did not want to think about it. The weather wasn’t great. It was raining steadily -- not a downpour or a thunderstorm, but enough rain that it made people drive like idiots. It was cold and the air felt more thin than normal. She grabbed a beer from the fridge and plopped onto the couch. She just needed a drink and a moment to let her brain decompress. She pulled the tab on the can -- she knew that a can was a better device for drinking than a bottle. A can acted as a mini-keg. Kept the beer colder longer. Protected the beer from light and air. It was science. She took a drink of the canned IPA and leaned her head back. Tomorrow was going to be another long night.

It was nights like this that she missed KC the most. Nights where she was exhausted and cracked out. Nights where she felt she was slipping. She loved her job. She loved television production -- and her father had given her carte blanche to produce the show as she saw fit. She was in charge of the whole kit and kaboodle. Audio. Lights. Graphics. Cameras. Everything. It was her dream. She had loved wrestling since she was a little girl. It was a way she could connect with her dad. He read nonfiction books about dead people and wars and studied wrestling. It helped them connect. Gave them something to do when they spent time together. As much as she loved it, sometimes it drove her crazy. Left her feeling drained, not in any way other than the normal drained-from-work kind of way.

KC had a way of filling her when she was empty. Pouring his own spirit into her to keep her going. It was infectious. He had read with her. Gone to stand up comedy shows with her. Made her remember to be a person, to care for herself, to practice what Stephen Covey called the seventh habit: sharpening the saw. He made her relax. Introduced her to Justified -- a great television show based off even better books. He would whisper love poems in his southern drawl into her ear while holding her. She missed him.

She took another drink and sighed. It was a long drink. She set the beer down and reached for the television remote. There was a knock on her door. She sighed again as she pulled herself off the couch and went to the door. She pulled the door open.

KC stood there. His hair matted to his face from the rain. His jacket slick. A suitcase by his feet. She saw him and did a double take. “What are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s been since February…. It’s been nine months. I’ve been miserable.” KC said.

“You’re not happy in Japan?” She asked, her arms crossed around her. She hadn’t invited him in yet.

“Of course not. I’m not with you. It’s all just… I want to be with you.” He said honestly.

“But you’ve got a contract. You’ve got commitments.”

“And I will fulfill them. But I had to see you. I had to hear your voice and see your face and tell you that I love you. I know I’ve said it before, but the past nine months have been the worst nine months of my life. I’m supposed to be happy. Big contract making big money. Working in one of the top promotions in the world. But I’m miserable. I can’t feel anything. It’s all muted. It’s like I’m living in a gray world.” He said while reaching for her. She stepped back.

“Those are just words, Kevin.”

“But I am here, Marjorie. I flew six thousand miles and got an Uber from the airport. Because I love you. I’m here, Marj.”

She took a long moment. A long, long moment. She didn’t want to say anything rash. He was here. Standing in the rain in front of her apartment in the most cliche of ways. The kind of cliche that should have been written by Nicholas Sparks -- but was real and was here. Wasn’t that something? Nine months ago he broke her heart -- or rather, her heart was broken by a decision he made. She understood why he made the decision. It wasn’t because of her or in spite of her. It was because before he loved her, he loved wrestling. Before he ever knew she existed he knew the call of the ring. She understood, but it still hurt. It’s what E.A. Bucchianeri said in Brushstrokes of a Gladfly, “...it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” She had grief because of him leaving, but he was here now and isn’t that what she wanted? Him? Him to be here with her?

She stepped aside. “You’re getting all wet. Get in here.”

He exhaled and pulled himself inside. She shut the door behind him. She didn’t know what this meant. She didn’t know how they were going to make it work, but right now she didn’t need to -- she just needed him to be here. Needed to hear his voice and talk to him and just be with him. They could figure it out. Tonight he was here and that is what mattered.

Quote:
There was a groundswell of support for the KC/Marjorie relationship narratives that I did not expect [I'm looking at you moafnsteel and Reaper] among many others. I genuinely enjoyed writing the two of them and decided that it would make a good narrative piece to at least partially bring it back and further explore how two young people try to figure out this little thing called love while in this crazy business of wrestling!
Unread 01-15-2019, 11:29 AM
Major League

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi Main Event
Eight Man Tag Team Match

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Chill versus Frantic Ali

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Unread 01-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Major League

KC came back for her! I don't know why I am excited about their story, but it makes the world feel so much more real to me. I cannot wait to see where you take the story!
Unread 01-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Super Star

YESSSS!!!!

Tried to high five someone, but no one is here. It's that attention to detail that puts this story over the top for me.

I can't remember, is Marj an actual character in game you created and is there an actual relationship between the two in game?

I'm sure you mentioned it before, but I don't remember.

R
Unread 01-15-2019, 01:31 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapeR View Post
YESSSS!!!!

Tried to high five someone, but no one is here. It's that attention to detail that puts this story over the top for me.

I can't remember, is Marj an actual character in game you created and is there an actual relationship between the two in game?

I'm sure you mentioned it before, but I don't remember.

R
She's a character that I created in game to fit the game narrative. She's got the push of 'personality' so if I ever need an authority figure/backstage interviewer/whatever she can appear.

There is. The relationship created itself -- so it caused the narrative about the two to happen. When it comes to relationships, I try to just run with what the game gives me and creative narratives that support it.

I appreciate the comment about the attention to detail. I try very hard to pay close attention to the details. My brain particularly focused on details -- it always has -- and it bleeds over into my writing. It's the same way when I write narrative fiction for myself or for publishing. It's how I build the story in my head -- and for me the story is as important if not more important to the diary than the actual booking. It creates context for the writing that (hopefully) makes the writing (really) enjoyable to read.
Unread 01-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
It's how I build the story in my head -- and for me the story is as important if not more important to the diary than the actual booking. It creates context for the writing that (hopefully) makes the writing (really) enjoyable to read.
That right there is the key to this diary's success. The booking itself and show/match presentation is pretty stripped down, but the narratives inbetween provide some great context.