Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-23-2019, 02:56 PM
Super Star

I’m looking forward to the return to prominence of the Georgia Bulldogs. They could win this again
Unread 03-24-2019, 10:40 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_RaideR View Post
I was thinking Peña's render could be used for a young Luis Sr. in some CVerse97 game, but now I'm also seeing it could work as a Mexican take of the Interpid Ian (DeColt?) Identity character.

Back on teams, I know Historian is pretty high on the German Machine so they'll do ok, myself I'm pretty stoked to see the Northern Lights in a CWL ring.
Pena's render *is* a young Luis Sr., haha. I had King_Bison make me the Young Luis Sr. specifically because Pena is a regen of Luis Sr -- and I like to keep the picture as the person who they are regened from -- so that I can keep it in line in my head, haha.

I *do* like German Machine and I *do* like Northern Lights. I was really excited when BPW picked them up because it meant I get to use them from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobheadJake
Tbh, i'd 100% be down for you expanding on a family like the Monteros. Particularly looking forward to KitoGuchi showing up, I really like them as a team.
Well I'll keep that in mind about expanding the Montero family. I have an idea for it, we'll see if it comes to fruition. I like KitoGuchi as well, they're a really good team and I've been wanting an opportunity to feature them. With the tournament expanding to two days and sixteen teams.. You're welcome theheel, it was the perfect opportunity to bring them in.

We should be back on schedule with updates soon. Hopefully something comes up later today and then we'll be moving right along.
Unread 03-24-2019, 11:50 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
.With the tournament expanding to two days and sixteen teams.. You're welcome theheel, it was the perfect opportunity to bring them in.
Hehe about time we get some tag team love with a 2-day tourney. And the good thing is you have good teams throughout. Not sure what the NWA was thinking with 24 teams and such great combos as the Thunderfoots, Mulkey’s, George South and Steve Keirn (poor Keirn) and the Italian Stallion/Ricky Lee Jones (who?) combos in it. Even Rocky King got a shot.

I miss great tag team wrestling today, although there are some good ROH and NJPW tag teams out there. Vince killed tag teams
Unread 03-24-2019, 04:02 PM
All Star

I scratched the stubble on my jaw. It had been a few days sine I had last shaved. March had been a very good month for business. Four good television shows and the big Wrestling Summit VII event had left my feeling confident. We were on a roll. The wrestling press was loving everything we had been doing since December. Christmas Chaos, Anniversary, No Law or Order, and now Wrestling Summit had all been ranked as above average in importance. That meant more casual eyeballs were going to be tuning in to those shows when they came back around.

I had been particularly impressed with David Stone as of late. The young kid was putting on sensational wrestling performances night in and night out. He and Bret Starr had tore the house down. He already had the most successful defenses -- combined -- of the United States Championship. He was a good, humble kid. Good in the locker room. Kept his head down. Did what he was asked to do and kept getting better.

I had been torn between continuing with Spencer and giving Matty the win. Ultimately, I went with Matty because I felt that if I didn't give him a big singles win at the big show, his momentum would have been dead in the water. The Mission had just lost a big tag program with The Fat Cats, if he lost this match his program with Spade would have been over and he would have lost two major programs in a row.

This would breathe more life into the program and it also ended Wrestling Summit VII with the babyfaces coming out strong. Anniversary had established the heels, this was for the faces opportunity to look as strong and to carry us for what we needed to do between now and Gold Rush.

The other controversial moment came when Tommy Cornell had defeated Horton Ravenwood for the World's Championship. It was not my idea -- nor was it Tommy's. It was actually Axxis'. He thought that while Ravenwood was a good kid and a good wrestler, Tommy had much more international appeal. He was not wrong, at all. The other promoters went with it, because while they had been hesitant to let Tommy and BPW into the fold, they knew that Tommy was by far the most popular worker in the organization. He could carry the championship and add a whole wealth of eyeballs to the belt, to the organization and by proxy, to all of our companies.

Now it was time to get to the fifth annual Oxford Invitational. I had high hopes for this year's tournament. I was expanding it to sixteen teams and two days -- mirroring Gold Rush. I had representatives from each company coming in, some other teams that would be getting into the mix. We were on a roll, I just hoped that roll wasn't going to end soon.
Unread 03-24-2019, 04:03 PM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 44

Available on the Synergy Network, Southern States TV, & Hawaii 50
Week 1, April 2022.
Filmed at: Sunrise Sunset [Hawaii, USA]
In Attendance: 2,000 [Sell Out]
Rating: .39 [294,980 viewers]
Commentators: Michaels Riggs, Ricky Dale Johnson, Duke Hazard

MR: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill packed edition of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you from Sunrise Sunset in beautiful Hawaii with 2,000 people selling it out. We are fresh off the heels of Wrestling Summit VII. Matty Faith managed to defeat Spencer Spade to become the new North American Heavyweight Champion. Homegrown became new World Tag Team Champions and will be embarking on a world tour of defenses. We are now on the Road to the fifth annual Oxford Invitational -- and it was announced that this year it will be a two day event.

RDJ: Wrestling Summit VII was a great night of action, but I’m excited for tonight’s action. David Stone continues to be a fighting champion as he defends the United States Champion against highly touted Polish grappler, Pavel Vanzycha.

DH: Hopefully Pavel can get the United States Championship away from that son of a gun David Stone. I can’t stand him.

Opening Match
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Pavel Vanzycha versus “The Canadian Wrestling Machine” David Stone ©

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, David Stone defeated Pavel Vanzycha in 18:49 by submission with a Stone Ankle Stretch. David Stone makes defence number 6 of his CWL United States title.

The new World’s Tag Team Champions come down to the ring, proudly displaying their newly won World Tag Team Titles. They get into the ring.

CP: Country boys can be world champions, baby! We did it. We proved without a shadow of a doubt that two boys who grew up on farms, two boys who grew up workin’ hard and came into wrestlin’ the right way could be world champions.

JY: We did it the right way. We didn’t buy our way to the top. We didn’t hire any outside help. We earned it. We put the work in. We sweat, we paid the price. Now we’re here. We are on top. We’re going all over the world with these titles and we will make the CWL fans proud.

Singles Match
Fifteen Minute Time Limit

Penfold Perdition versus “The Puerto Rican Wrestling Machine” Xavi Ferrera

In a terrible match, Xavi Ferrera defeated Penfold Perdition in 6:15 by pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash.

Tag Team Match

The Diamond Dogs versus The New Wave

In a decent match, The Diamond Dogs defeated The New Wave in 9:43 when Jimmy Stratosphere defeated Guide by pinfall with a Sweep DDT.

In terms of in-ring work, Jimmy Stratosphere was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Matty Faith walks out onto the entrance way with the North American Heavyweight Championship wrapped around his waist. He was all smiles.

MF: At Wrestling Summit VII, I did exactly what I said I was going to do. I won the North American Heavyweight Championship. I beat Spencer Spade and I stand before you today as a proud, proud man. A man who has lived up to the legacy of my family and as a man who is establishing his own legacy. Ranger and I have been one of the best tag teams on the planet for the past decade. At Wrestling Summit VII, I proved that I could stand on my own two feet -- but I don’t want anyone to think that Ranger and I are done teaming. We will be competing in the Oxford Invitational and we will be attempting to repeat as champions. This is the year of Matty Faith. You can have faith in that.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Suzanna Brazzle versus Brooke Tyler

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Brooke Tyler defeated Suzanne Brazzle in 12:28 by pinfall.

Overall

Unread 03-25-2019, 09:04 AM
All Star

Danny Lashley woke up in a bed that was probably a little too small for him in an apartment that was livable but not the nicest place on earth. It got the job done, which is ultimately what was important. Lashley did not spend a whole lot of time here. He hit the gym or the road for the house shows.

He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and reached for the ever-present glass of water on his nightstand. He drank it slowly. Deliberately. Let the lukewarm water wash the metallic aftertaste of the sleeping pill he took last night to make sure he could fall asleep from his mouth. Lashley didn’t take the pills often. Just when he had had a big night and couldn’t get his mind to settle. He took Zoloft most days and while he did not like to mix Zoloft with sleeping pills, some days he needed the extra help getting to bed.

He’d been a pro for four years. He’d mostly toiled on the independent scene, though he had gotten a run with Championship Wrestling from Tennessee and Youth Action. They did not result in championships or a lot of major success, but the runs did catch the eye of Joel Bryant -- Joel was running CWT when Danny worked there. Joel had seen a resemblance between Danny and Clyde and when Robert needed somebody to fill a role, Danny got the call.

Danny didn’t *want* to be Danny Puder, the cousin of the brightest star to come out of the Rocky Mountain School of Wrestling. He wanted to be himself, Danny Lashley. He had visions of ten thousand fans in a sold out building screaming “Lashley, Lashley.” That had been his dream, but the reality was -- SWF, TCW, and USPW never called. He had been four years into a career that while he was getting work was not taking off with the sort of speed he had hoped. Robert Oxford had called and offered a chance. Come play Danny Puder, the cousin of Clyde Puder and get in the mix with Homegrown’s angle with Money Talks. It was an opportunity -- an opportunity that Danny was going to take.

If he was ever going to get ten thousand people to cheer anything, he had to take the breaks that came. He might not have wanted to be Danny Puder, but that is who he was now. Lots of people had played the role of cousin or brother or whatever for someone else to get their break. This was Danny’s. He was going to take the break as it was presented. At home, in the confines of his apartment, he was still Danny Lashley. The six foot six guy with anxiety that was diagnosed and being treated properly and the occasional problem sleeping. In public now, he was Danny Puder. The six foot six cousin of Clyde Puder who grew up farming just like Clyde. Danny did not grow up farming. He didn’t know the first thing about farming. He was from Connecticut. His father worked on the New York Stock Exchange and his mother worked in admissions for a small private New England college. He was the definition of white collar. He just happened to be tall with auburn hair and beard and could pull off the overall look and country boy feel -- that was what was most important. He had to look the part. He did.

He would bide his time. Eventually, Robert Oxford would see that his potential was to be more than the gimmick cousin of Clyde Puder. Or Allen Packer would. Or Eric Eisen would. Or Pee Wee Germaine. Or Alex DeColt. Or Joaquin Soler. Someone who wasn’t in league with Oxford would be able to tell. He just had to work hard and impress and then who knew? Eventually he would stand on his own. He knew that. That’s why he wasn’t complaining. Yet.

He took another drink of water and reached for his cellphone. He had a ride to catch to make the plane to make the house show. God he loved this business.
Unread 03-25-2019, 10:21 AM
Minor League

Enjoyed reading that. It's an endearing quality to see a character who thinks like that, he knows he has to go out of his box in order to get noticed. I was wondering if he was a newer regen or if he had been around for a few years, as I assume he was a hillbilly regen. Another guy to route for now though, will be interesting to see if he actually gets along with Clyde, haha.
Unread 03-25-2019, 10:40 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobheadJake View Post
Enjoyed reading that. It's an endearing quality to see a character who thinks like that, he knows he has to go out of his box in order to get noticed. I was wondering if he was a newer regen or if he had been around for a few years, as I assume he was a hillbilly regen. Another guy to route for now though, will be interesting to see if he actually gets along with Clyde, haha.
He's a Pete regen. Clyde was an Al regen. Al retired pretty quickly into the game, Pete stuck 'round a little while longer. Funny enough, I had *almost* hired him before Clyde went to USPW to have Clyde and Danny team up as The Puder Cousins then for a feud with Riley and Aroma, but then Clyde left and I went towards the World Title with Riley.
Unread 03-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Major League

And... caught up! Great stuff, three great shows and an enjoyable narrative with Lashley! Maybe down the line he can turn on Puder and embrace his city roots!
Unread 03-25-2019, 10:49 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBEZA View Post
And... caught up! Great stuff, three great shows and an enjoyable narrative with Lashley! Maybe down the line he can turn on Puder and embrace his city roots!
Thank you! And we will see!!
Unread 03-25-2019, 11:27 AM
All Star

Default SNSM Ep 45

Week 2, April 2022.
Filmed at: The Junkyard [Mid West, USA]
In Attendance: 804
Rating: .40 [306,580 viewers]

MR: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill packed edition of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you from The Junkyard! We’re back in the beautiful, but wet, Midwest of the United States and what a show do we have for you tonight. Paul Huntingdon and Guide will go toe to toe in our main event, Killer Shark and Scout will be in action and so much more!

RDJ: Guide and Scout have been on a bit of a slump recently. Let’s see if the veterans can get back on track with some singles wins tonight.

DH: Not likely! The Blueblood has his match with Guide in the bag and there is NO way that Scout can stand up to the monster that is Killer Shark.

Opening Match
Singles Match

Houston Handley versus Brooke Tyler

In a bout that had decent wrestling but non-existent crowd heat, Brooke Tyler defeated Houston Handley in 7:13 by submission with a Brooke Breaker.

Singles Match

Motty Kuroda versus “The Puerto Rican Wrestling Machine” Xavi Ferrera

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Xavi Ferrera defeated Motty Kuroda in 6:56 by pinfall with a Ferrerarana.

AS: I have just been informed that my opponent at the Oxford Invitational will be Foxxy LaRue. I don’t know much about Foxxy. I know she’s supposed to be tough. I know she’s supposed to be one bad mama or something like that. I know what I’ve been told. I’ve seen some footage, some highlights, and while she’s good for what she is -- she isn’t in my league. I’m the North American Women’s Champion. I’m Alicia Strong. I’m the best women’s wrestler on the planet. I’m elevating women’s wrestling to the same level as men’s wrestling. I’m the game changer. Foxxy LaRue isn’t. That’s the difference. At Oxford Invitational V, Foxxy is going to learn that difference. Just like Lucy did. Just like Amber did. Just like Houston did. Like Jaime did. ‘Cause in the women’s division, only one style reigns supreme -- and that’s strong style.

Singles Match

Chill versus Clinton Westybrook

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Clinton Westybrook defeated Chill in 9:13 by pinfall with a Strong Slam.

SS: A crime was committed in front of five thousand fans and another four hundred thousand people watching on their television screens. They watched a crime of grand larceny be committed. Matty Faith stole the North American Heavyweight Championship from me. He stole that beautiful silver championship from me. That championship that was custom made so that it could one day be held by someone with my pedigree. Matty Faith *stole* it. He didn’t beat me like a man. When I went for my Supreme Stunner -- which would have ended the match -- he raked me in the eyes to get the advantage. He cheated. He is a paper champion and I will get my North American Heavyweight Championship back. I will do whatever it takes to get a rematch and to get my belt back.

Singles Match

Scout versus Killer Shark

In a decent match, Killer Shark defeated Scout in 8:49 by pinfall with a Big Bite.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Guide versus “The Blueblood” Paul Huntingdon

In a decent match, Paul Huntingdon defeated Guide in 11:35 by pinfall with a High Society.

Overall
Unread 03-25-2019, 07:01 PM
All Star

Ross slipped the scratching device -- a fork -- into the gap in his cast so he could scratch his arm. In another two weeks, he would be out of the cast -- at least if everything went as it should. This wasn’t Ross’ first broken bone -- but it was his first pro wrestling related injury outside of a sprained ankle. In his football career, Ross had suffered more than his fair share of injuries. His career had ended because of injuries. He was a very successful football player. He had twice won Defensive Player of the Year. He was the deciding force in the National Championship when he was in college -- he was a finalist for the Heisman and as a professional he led the Colorado Rapids to the Superbowl. Twice. Back to back years. In the process, he turned himself into a millionaire. And not by a small margin. The last contract he signed was a five year sixty-two million dollar deal -- with fifty million guaranteed. Money was not an object in Ross’ life anymore. With his football career over, he had decided to become a professional wrestler.

Three months of private training with Dread -- the Titan himself -- before Dread passed away and Ross made his debut. It wasn’t long before the Eisen Empire came calling and he was headed to Rhode Island. He had become the face of the developmental program. Heavyweight Champion. Main event star. Paying his dues. The Eisen Empire never called him up. He stayed in developmental. Then he left. By his choice. He wanted to be a player. If he was going to wrestle, he didn’t want to just do it for the feeder league. He was a star -- not in the arrogant way -- in the reality of who he was kind of way. Ross Henry was, at his core, a businessman. Or, in the words of Jay Z, he wasn’t a businessman, he was a business...man. He knew how to market himself. He knew what he was worth. He understood the value he brought to the table.

To a wrestling organization, Ross Henry was an instant mainstream attraction. He brought eyeballs to the program. Mainstream press coverage. Sports Center. Sports Illustrated. Pardon the Interruption. The Herd. Undisputed. First Take. These were all shows or publications that he could bring to the table from his name value. When he left the Eisens, he was not sure where he would go. Robert Oxford had made him an offer.

Ross Henry was the highest paid member of the roster. He knew that. He had signed an exclusive contract with the CWL as soon as it was offered to him. It wasn’t the money that he was concerned about -- but he liked Oxford’s marketing plan. Oxford rolled Henry out. He put him in the local markets to do radio, to do local television. He used Ross’ media savvy, he used his good looks and natural charisma. He used Ross how he should be used -- and Ross liked that. He liked the understanding of business that Robert Oxford came with.

He also liked that Oxford didn’t do what RIPW did. They didn’t rush him to the top. Sure, he had eventually beaten Riley McManus for the COTT World Heavyweight Title -- before he had the exclusive contract, but he has not won the North American Championship. He’s stayed away. He’s been in featured, big time programs. He’s gotten main events, but he hasn’t monopolized the championship. He liked that. It meant that Oxford had long term plans. He wasn’t trying to use Ross as his top guy before the fans would buy it. Ross was now in his seventh year as a professional. It was believable now. He had paid his dues. He had earned it.

Ross had made sure that he ingratiate himself to the locker room. He didn’t change by himself. He didn’t flaunt that he drove a Porsche or lived in an eight thousand square foot mansion in Cherry Creek. He kept his mouth closed. He listened. He came on his days off to work out and train. He showed that he meant it. He had earned the respect of the locker room. He knew that once the cast came off it was a matter of time until he was featured in the title program and he was ready for it. He was finally ready.
Unread 03-25-2019, 07:24 PM
All Star

Week 3, April 2022.
Filmed at: Sweat Box [South East, USA]
In Attendance: 800
Rating: .37 [279,840 viewers]

MR: Hello and welcome to another exciting and thrill packed edition of Saturday Night Slammasters. We are coming to you from The Sweat Box in Tampa Bay, Florida. We are just a week away from the fifth annual Oxford Invitational. The brackets for which will be released shortly after this episode airs, so make sure you keep your eyes glued to ContinentalWrestlingLeague.com and all of our social media feeds.

RDJ: Tonight, in what should be one heck of a match we’ve got James Diaz and Giant Brody going at it. I can’t wait to see what these two massive, ultra physical bruisers do to one another!

DH: I can’t wait for someone to finally put an end to the Diaz family!

Opening Match
Singles Match

“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith versus Raheem Stash

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Raheem Stash in 7:07 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver.

CV: At Oxford Invitational V, Bowen Services takes its next step towards championship gold when I go one on one with the monster, Raymond Diaz. The monster… The most feared American to ever step foot into a Japanese ring. I know all about Raymond. My uncle wrestled him. My father wrestled him. He’s a bad man, that’s for sure. But I’m a bad man too. I may not be a monster. I may not be six feet nine and three hundred pounds, but at Oxford Invitational, Raymond will find out that the Vessey blood runs true in me and I will bring the Monster to his knees.

Singles Match

Fro Sure versus Clinton Westybrook

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Clinton Westybrook defeated Fro Sure in 8:25 by pinfall with a Strong Slam.

XF: David Stone…. You have something I want. Something I have been denied. I want the United States Championship. I want to bring respect to the island of Puerto Rico. I want to be the face of Puerto Rican wrestling. To do that, I have to silence the Canadian Machine… I think I’m up to it. Hell, I know I’m up to it.

Single Match

Island Boy Apollo versus Charger Siaki

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Charger Siaki defeated Island Boy Apollo in 9:19 by pinfall with a Crash Test.

Tag Team Match

The Southern Stars versus The New Wave

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Southern Stars defeated The New Wave in 10:43 when Animal Harker defeated Scout by pinfall with a Texas Meat-Grinder.

Main Event
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

“The Return of the Monster” James Diaz versus Giant Brody

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, James Diaz defeated Giant Brody in 9:40 by pinfall with a Death by Diaz.

Overall
Unread 03-25-2019, 07:50 PM
All Star

Continental Wrestling League returns to the Lowe Ballroom for the two-night extravaganza, Oxford Invitational V! The biggest tag team tournament in North American professional wrestling will be two nights, Friday and Saturday, and will have sixteen teams competing in it. One team will walk away with the trophy.

For the fifth event, the four previous winning teams have all be entered into the tournament. Every GWC organization has sent a representative. It promises to be one of the best weekends in wrestling. It will also feature several big singles matches!

Which team will survive fifteen others to win the most competitive tag team tournament in North America? Will a team repeat? Will a team from outside of CWL get the victory? Who will it be?

There is only one way to find out. Get your tickets today.

Quote:
Continental Wrestling League Presents: Oxford Invitational V
A Special Two Night Event!
Friday & Saturday, Week 4, April 2022
Live from the Lowe Ballroom [North West, USA], 7:00 PM Bell Time Both Nights
Aired on: Synergy Network, Southern States TV, and Hawaii 50

Night One
Featuring: Every opening round contest in the fifth annual Oxford Invitational.
Also Featuring:

Main Event
Singles Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit
United States Championship
"The Puerto Rican Wrestling Machine" Xavi Ferrera versus "The Canadian Wrestling Machine" David Stone (c)

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
Jaime Quine versus Brooke Tyler

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith versus Andrew Harper w/ Lisa Bowen.

Night Two
Featuring: The Second, Third, and Final Round of the Oxford Invitational V.
Also Featuring

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
"The Hillbilly Hammer" Clyde Puder versus "The Blueblood" Paul Huntingdon

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
North American Women's Championship
Foxxy LaRue versus Alicia Strong (c) w/ Lisa Bowen

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
"The Monster" Raymond Diaz versus Cameron Vessey w/ Lisa Bowen

Unread 03-25-2019, 08:16 PM
Minor League

Loved the Henry narrative, seems like the exact type of mindset I'd expect him to have. Plus, 7 years in the business is a long time for him. Champ before the end of the year!

Also, don't know what it is about Giant Brody in this, especially since you haven't exactly done much with him, but I want him to succeed. Is he performing decently, or is he being carried to solid/good matches?