Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-15-2019, 01:26 PM
Super Star

Yea, makes sense. Thanks, Adam and Derek. My question was mostly out of curiosity.
Unread 10-16-2019, 03:49 PM
Low Minors

Really looking forward to TEW2020, been playing for almost twenty years now (since the Extreme Warfare days!!).

Two things I've always wanted to see in this game:

More in depth-win loss records and stats on the worker's profile screen, i.e. how many times they've won/lost by pinfall, countout, submission, disqualification, drawn, form (winning or losing streaks?).

Or if not on the wrestlers profile screen as a part of the roster overview screen? With the ability to sort/rank by column.

I don't like much about the WWE2K games but I do like the ranking screen with the ability to be able to move up or down workers.

I realise work on the game is already well underway - but would this be easy enough to add in?

Last edited by Makkaveli101 : 10-16-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Unread 10-16-2019, 03:56 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkaveli101 View Post
Really looking forward to TEW2020, been playing for almost twenty years now (since the Extreme Warfare days!!).

Two things I've always wanted to see in this game:

More in depth-win loss records and stats on the worker's profile screen, i.e. how many times they've won/lost by pinfall, countout, submission, disqualification, drawn, form (winning or losing streaks?).

Or if not on the wrestlers profile screen as a part of the roster overview screen? With the ability to sort/rank by row.

I don't like much about the WWE2K games but I do like the ranking screen with the ability to be able to move up or down workers.

I realise work on the game is already well underway - but would this be easy enough to add in?
For the second part the Perception level that has replaced pushes will replicate this for the most part. As it is down to how well you push a character and their momentum within the company, not just purely where you assign them. So wrestlers will move up and down the list fluidly based on their performances and how you sustain their pushes.
Unread 10-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPlus View Post
For the second part the Perception level that has replaced pushes will replicate this for the most part. As it is down to how well you push a character and their momentum within the company, not just purely where you assign them. So wrestlers will move up and down the list fluidly based on their performances and how you sustain their pushes.
Sounds great. I hope this data is replicated in a league table/rankings table. Would be great to look at the table before booking and see who needs a win/loss etc on the next show.
Unread 10-16-2019, 04:04 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkaveli101 View Post
Sounds great. I hope this data is replicated in a league table/rankings table. Would be great to look at the table before booking and see who needs a win/loss etc on the next show.
Oh I meant just in regards to the power rankings being fluid and moving workers up and down. No idea if stats like that will be easy to see.
Unread 10-17-2019, 02:06 AM
Low Minors

I'm just checking in rarely because i hate the wait but am super excited like always for the new version.

I wanted to ask somebody if anyone knows yet if the potential of the AI and it's booking have a bigger range of quality and possibility? Like if a really bad booker is in control of a company will we see some extremely poor put together cards to match that?

Last edited by Irishwhiskey119 : 10-17-2019 at 02:11 AM.
Unread 10-18-2019, 01:36 PM
Phenom

With the new additions to attributes (the troublesome neck, act.) Is a worker more likely to get this attribute as a result of a significant injury to that area?
Unread 10-18-2019, 01:47 PM
GDS Developer

That would be the only way they can get it (organically).
Unread 10-19-2019, 02:55 AM
All Star

Would it be outrageous to get at the very least a list of any new characters made for the C Verse in 2020? I did a C Verse 2005 mod and the absolute hardest part was going through and finding any new workers and making sure I didn't miss any. A simple list of all the new characters of the game would make things MUCH easier. I would think this would be a fairly simple request but I'm sure no one has ever asked before. I'd really like to do a few new mods for the new game and that new character list would help tremendously. Obviously I'm not asking for it until the game is released and if you want people to discover it on their own as part of the "fun" I'd be ok with a spoiler tag so nobody sees it that doesn't want to.
Unread 10-19-2019, 06:49 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stennick View Post
Would it be outrageous to get at the very least a list of any new characters made for the C Verse in 2020? I did a C Verse 2005 mod and the absolute hardest part was going through and finding any new workers and making sure I didn't miss any. A simple list of all the new characters of the game would make things MUCH easier. I would think this would be a fairly simple request but I'm sure no one has ever asked before. I'd really like to do a few new mods for the new game and that new character list would help tremendously. Obviously I'm not asking for it until the game is released and if you want people to discover it on their own as part of the "fun" I'd be ok with a spoiler tag so nobody sees it that doesn't want to.
I'd thought of that too for the conversion of the 2018 mod, even if it was just as a PM to people who need it it would be really appreciated. Obviously it can still be done without that, but it would be a nice time saver lol. Same as any other new things like broadcasters that could be missed by us
Unread 10-19-2019, 01:15 PM

i assume it is too late to give suggestions for the upcoming game TEW2020, but i think Itíll be fun if there is a feature where alternates are much more relevant like adding some cool attributes as such a bonus appeal for eg. in relation to Finn Balor when he appears as the demon king giving him extra menace compared to his usual appearance. Using it too often will reduce the penalty and using it after a long time will give a boost. The point is, when finn balor appears as demon king it will add the hype of the match.

Another thing is that the external hype for the show or wrestler, itís just an alternative way to hype the show, for eg. AEW hype their storylines in youtube channel before every event or when they made their rally to promote their very first event(All Out). Another example is Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins having their on youtube channel which gave them helps them with their push.

Well thatís all for me, not sure if itís the right thread to post this suggestion :/
Unread 10-20-2019, 02:09 PM
Low Minors

I hope in the new game you can have more than one figure head if you have multiple brands. You should be able to have one per brand.
Unread 10-20-2019, 02:56 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEWpro View Post
I hope in the new game you can have more than one figure head if you have multiple brands. You should be able to have one per brand.
I'd argue that the WWE has always only had one figurehead at a time, despite having multiple brands.
Unread 10-22-2019, 01:19 AM

Default Small Suggestion

Small suggestion: Blacklisting a wrestler, also blacklists him from all alliance members which affects inner alliance, and inter company morale. (+ morale if they're a bad worker, have a history of injuring, or have a bad relationship with the other companies - morale if they're a upper mid-carder or higher, or if they have a good relationship) Would add a great degree of realism to the game, especially as it seems there isn't alot of inner alliance dynamics.

For those curious I had a worker injure my top star twice, latest time for a year, so I had him job twice on one card, then publicly fired and blacklisted him, I'd like for all my partners to blacklist him aswell.
Unread 10-23-2019, 10:25 AM

Default Suggestion

When you apply to be the owner of a company, with a pre-established booker, upon being accepted you override the previous booker, it'd be nice to just be the owner of a company with a booker doing the booking, and you managing the non-booking related aspects.