Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
THink about this......

Vader when he died come out town too
W/E
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker666 View Post
Oooooh no, I don't want a sibling relationship. We'd both be dead by night 2 because one of us would've been targeted during the first night phase.
Night 1
Princess Leia, Town Alligned Senator is dead

Night 2
"Hello, My Name is Luke Skywalker, You killed my sister, prepare to die"
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crychon View Post
The next time I think Greedo's finally going to take out Han, and claim his rightful place in Star Wars history.
Shut up, you'll give Lucas ideas
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsinclair View Post
Night 1
Princess Leia, Town Alligned Senator is dead

Night 2
"Hello, My Name is Luke Skywalker, You killed my sister, prepare to die"
I sense a new avatar already being made.
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightnick View Post
In addition to the whole Balanced/Unbalanced thing... the Jedi had abilities. They helped the town.

Unbalanced in a way, was Secondary Mafia in VG Mafia. The writeups totally targeted them and any sidekick was pretty much nailed, while Axis Of Evil was barely mentioned, potentally disproving our existance until it was revealed 2 Mafia groups.
But wasn't the Axis of Evil not being mentioned mostly due to them choosing not to do anything that would be noticed? I would say that's more a case of a particular strategy paying off than a flaw in game balance.

If there was any imbalance in that way, I think it was that the so called Secondary Mafia were the ones who made the kill in the opening write up. That's what allowed the Axis to play so silently. It probably would have been better if Bowser had made the opening kill, or if it had been more ambiguous about who did the killing. That would have allowed the sidekicks the opportunity to try to blend in, which I would think would be the main reason for a sidekick mafia in the first place.
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutlaw321 View Post
They have to be more powerful than the mason group. It's 6 on 24!
Right. Except 2 were simply waiting to join them, two more weren't down, and the only way we could stop those 2 from joining them is by killing 2, letting 1 kill themselves, and giving up a day phase because of it.
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvick View Post
But wasn't the Axis of Evil not being mentioned mostly due to them choosing not to do anything that would be noticed? I would say that's more a case of a particular strategy paying off than a flaw in game balance.

If there was any imbalance in that way, I think it was that the so called Secondary Mafia were the ones who made the kill in the opening write up. That's what allowed the Axis to play so silently. It probably would have been better if Bowser had made the opening kill, or if it had been more ambiguous about who did the killing. That would have allowed the sidekicks the opportunity to try to blend in, which I would think would be the main reason for a sidekick mafia in the first place.
Well. We got roleblocked the 1st two nights. Derek night 1, then Lost night 2. So we couldn't do our kills. And my recruiting wasn't mentioned at all in the writeups. So we didn't even get mentioned until Night 3. And that was Derek being stoned.
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Super Star

And work permitting, I am going to finish my writeups in DOTT. Sorry.
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
Right. Except 2 were simply waiting to join them, two more weren't down, and the only way we could stop those 2 from joining them is by killing 2, letting 1 kill themselves, and giving up a day phase because of it.
Okay. I am going to say this and if it makes you mad so be it. I bragged on you earlier in this game about how you weren't acting like you did in the first couple of games on this board. And what happens? You meltdown.

Do you not find it odd that you are the only one that is bitching and whinning?

I enjoyed playing this game with you up to yesterday. And now I find myself feeling the same way about you that I did in the first couple of games. And that saddens me.
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Super Star

Epilogue

Quote:
Night 3

He heard the whistle of the rocket headed for the house just as he stepped on the steps leading toward the back door. It paid to be lucky.

The resulting blast decimated the house and threw him into the bushes nearby. Shocked and feeling the pains that go along with nearly being struck by a rocket, the young thief slowly came to in the safety of the brush. Still a little dizzy from the impact, he opened his eyes, just in time to see the Bounty Hunter land near what use to be the extravagant house. The menacing figure was looking for something, the thief thought to himself. Odd, though, the figure didn’t seem too interested in the many items strewn about the wreckage. That’s when it hit him. The figure was looking for him.

The young thief slowly backed out of the brunch, all the time keeping an eye on the figure rummaging through the wreckage of the house. Finally, he had gotten himself far enough away to make a run for it. Things in town were beginning to get a bit too hectic, no need sticking his neck out for the town, it was definitely time to leave.

He made his way to the starport and bartered a ride with some smugglers headed out of town. Good thing he picked up some loot before the house was demolished. Only thing left to do was figure out just where he was headed.

“Trandosha huh? That’s right near Kashyyyk? Whatever, has to be better than this dump.”

Night 8

He was on his way to protect a presumed townie when he came under fire. In the darkness he couldn’t quite make out just who was firing at him. He’d have to feel his way through the force to find this threat. He got a faint sense of one he trusted, in disbelief he opened his eyes, looking his attacker’s way when suddenly there was a large blast mere feet away. It was almost a direct hit and the resulting blast threw him against the nearest tree, rendering him unconscious.

Out for a few seconds he opened his eyes in time to see his attacker speed away. Instincts told him to pursue, however, he had already been given the charge of watching over another, one far more vulnerable than any in the town. The council believed in time that the one he’d watch over could help lead the order to the end of the Sith.

He wanted nothing more but to stay and fight, but this was his duty, and something told him he’d see a chance for redemption soon enough.

Day 2

The people in this town were fools to let one with such power in the force die because of their fears. He had been grooming the boy, training him, waiting for the day that he could turn him to the Dark Side of the force. And through the towns fear today was that day.

Lynching him was their solution to avoiding the boy’s power and it would be his key to turning the young jedi. Even when faced with the information that his lynching would in turn result in the death of their beloved former queen, they never wavered.

He watched as the noose snapped and his future apprentice hung their motionless. The body was cut loose and the republic doctor pronounced him dead. Or was he? He had many strings to pull and he pulled all of them for this one occasion.

Finally as the last of the town filed out of the great hall, he began his preparations. The trauma of being hung had caused sever damage to the boy, but all was well enough.

Soon the town would have to face this gifted apprentice, but not now, this young sith would rise another day.

Day 11

He had nearly been killed, but someone with his power is difficult to defeat. He was smart however, you don’t become a power Sith Lord if you aren’t. He knew his current Sith army stood no match any longer. It was now time to regroup.

He was headed to the EmPal SuRecon Center. He had unfinished work to do. Here he would groom his young apprentice to live through the dark side, gaining power as Sith. It is with this boy that the future of the Empire would be carved.

The two would wait patiently for their opportunity to strike again. The town may not be so lucky next time.

Night 4

A slave. He was a great warrior, but now he was nothing more than a slave. Ssoh paid a hefty price to bring him to Trandosha. He was surrounded by others just like him, poor Wookiees were forced into slavery and obedience.

He would wait for his opportunity for escape. It would happen in time and he would gain a friend for life.

Last edited by i effin rule : 01-03-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Minor League

My green little self has a date with a swamp planet
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Super Star

Quote:
My green little self has a date with a swamp planet
Wait for him you must.
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by i effin rule View Post
Wait for him you must.
Wait I will

Good write up btw
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Wait I will

Good write up btw
Thanks, lol although the best parts were Rev's.