Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Hall of Fame

I'm loving this!!! I'm sure you're aware but almost all future promotions are missing descriptions and graphics.
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:17 PM

NJWF are blocked from getting a PPV deal by their owner Japanese Broadcasting but Japanese Broadcasting do not have their own PPV broadcaster.
Unread 01-08-2019, 11:49 PM
Super Star

Suggestion: Limit the travel cover in RICW to just the big stars like Dixon, Scourge, Casanova, etc. because it's a drain on resources and players who notice are just going to go through the chore of renegotiating the contracts anyway and it saves them the bother.
Unread 01-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Hoshi Juka's gender is set as male when it should be female.
Unread 01-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Rookie

I've tried downloading this mod twice now, and both times the file is empty when I unzip it. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Unread 01-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by combinethresher View Post
I've tried downloading this mod twice now, and both times the file is empty when I unzip it. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Can't see any issues myself, but I've added a new mirror here:
https://mega.nz/#!0MMWhQyQ!CDIETi7sR...O26TOh8Czec0RI
just in case
Unread 01-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJStark View Post
Can't see any issues myself, but I've added a new mirror here:
https://mega.nz/#!0MMWhQyQ
just in case
Thank you! This link asks for a decryption key - mind sharing that with me?
Unread 01-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by combinethresher View Post
Thank you! This link asks for a decryption key - mind sharing that with me?
I copied the wrong link, have edited above
Unread 01-12-2019, 01:08 AM
Super Star

I'm sad to report WWGA bought Dixon and RICW folded like a house of cards.
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:12 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pteroid View Post
I'm sad to report WWGA bought Dixon and RICW folded like a house of cards.
Get new cards.
Unread 01-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Super Star

Did some light frankenalting:

The Hobos have done the unthinkable and taken that darned Reginald Smithee's money, becoming Smithee Security Services!

Unread 01-13-2019, 04:33 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pteroid View Post
Did some light frankenalting:

The Hobos have done the unthinkable and taken that darned Reginald Smithee's money, becoming Smithee Security Services!

Love it
Unread 01-13-2019, 01:16 PM
Major League

Heat of Summer has a fixed location of Japan, I'm assuming that should be the USA?

Also Bailey Royle's bio says he won the now defunct KOTSC tournament in 1983, but the tournament title and show aren't currently defunct and the title history doesn't record his victory.

Also wonder whether Keto Ma'alika should have the USA removed from his current areas so he can't sign for say WWGA before his return to the IWF.

Boulder Canyon's bio says he is 'one of only X people' to win both the WWGA and IWF title.
Unread 01-17-2019, 05:58 PM

Ormond Duval's bio makes a big deal out of him having been trained by Dr Pierre Lambert, and how his mentor is trying ot promote him to get him hired.

Ormond Duval and Dr Pierre Lambert currently do not have a mentor/protege relationship in the database.

EDIT : QC-Centre St-Charles is a location that has no languages.

Last edited by PDAred : 01-19-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Unread 01-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Super Star

So with my first 'Year' (AKA the end of 91) with RICW coming to a close I thought I'd share a write up of the final event of the year: The Christmas Spectacular, taking place the day after Christmas it came in concert with the best gift I could get: HALO finally getting to regional and saving me from their punishing production penalties.

So the main storyline of the show centered around Holiday Hero returning to RICW in his Santa guise to give out gifts to the babyfaces on the roster such as giving Gary Greystone a match with Kenny Casanova who'd been ducking him for months...no real reason was given as to how/why Kenny went along with the match other than, hey, Santa.

Soon after a crushing loss to newcomer Khan, Bobby Chuck Tyler showed up with a sour look on his face for his own present, only for it to be revealed he'd been secretly bad-mouthing the other wrestlers behind their backs for being 'Freaks and weirdos' and worst of all didn't believe in Santa. Tyler finally snapped and owned up to these accusations, calling RICW a dumb company for babies and storming off to boos from the audience.

Taking a break from the holiday fun, Reginald Smithee and Taylor Trash clashed in the finale of their half-year long feud of Haves vs Have-Nots that saw the Hobos turn heel on Trash to become The Dirtiest Players (I forgot to change their gimmicks from hobos when I turned them). Facing off in a Dumpster Match, Trash's inherent advantage as a garbage man would be negated when the previously defeated Dirtiest Players ran out to help their on-again off-again employer Smithee but soon found themselves ran off by WrestleTron (the mysterious wrestling robot left behind by Furaito Chui when the ace fighter pilot returned to Japan to defend against Kaiju) which allowed Trash to toss the snobbish Smithee into the nearby dumpster to give him quite a filthy christmas.

Holiday Hero returned after this, giving RICW's favorite underdog Jimmy Overton the gift everyone knew he deserved: A shot at the RICW Tag Team title held by Enforcement Notice. The two would sadly find themselves minus one Christmas Miracle when the newly heel Bobby Chuck Tyler cost them the match, leading to Enforcement Notice retaining the belts.

Gary Greystone and Kenny Casanova would go on to clash in the semi-main event but after a lengthy back and forth contest Casanova threw a dirty low blow and took the DQ loss on purpose, leaving the arena with a knowing smug smirk.

Finally in main event action Advocate Diablo continued his unholy crusade to dethrone his former charge and current RICW American champion: The Reaper. The two had gone their separate ways in late September when Reaper won the belt off the departing DT Dixon but refused a post-match beatdown on the champion before chokeslamming Diablo when he slapped him. Ever since Diablo has been sending goons to try and retake the belts from Reaper, namely Scourge and Caine Lawson so far but as you can see neither has accomplished that and while the fans are getting used to cheering for a zombie, they certainly like him better than Diablo's forces of darkness.

After this show I did a little house cleaning, releasing the likes of The Zoo Crew (Jack Russel and Budgie Ben), Holiday Hero, and Caine Lawson. The latter two were never meant to be long term contracts and the former pair were simply not working out in terms of in ring presence.

As we head into the new year I intend to add in some new stars: Puma rebranded as 'WrestleNaut' a wrestling alien allied to WrestleTron, Blue Thunder as an energetic babyface, and the team of Rock Hard to replace the Zoo Crew.