Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Major League

In my SMW 1994 save, I have 3 wrestlers that when I use them, I keep getting a notice that these characters are not suited to their gimmick. However, the gimmicks are rated as Above Average or Very Good. So what exactly does it mean that they aren't suited to their gimmick and how do I fix it?

Also, I know this questions has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it in the players handbook and I must have just missed it when I searched the forums. What contributes to whether or not a promotion gains or loses popularity in a region? Thanks.
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
In my SMW 1994 save, I have 3 wrestlers that when I use them, I keep getting a notice that these characters are not suited to their gimmick. However, the gimmicks are rated as Above Average or Very Good. So what exactly does it mean that they aren't suited to their gimmick and how do I fix it?

Also, I know this questions has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it in the players handbook and I must have just missed it when I searched the forums. What contributes to whether or not a promotion gains or loses popularity in a region? Thanks.
It simply means that the gimmick doesn't suit them as it says. This mostly happens when a worker doesn't meet the minimum requirements for a gimmick. Still can be rated good though.

To gain popularity in a region, you need to either hold a show there or it needs to be covered by a broadcaster when you run a show. Needs to be at least 10 points higher(iirc) to improve the popularity in that region.
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:40 PM
Super Star

Promotions gain and lose popularity base don show ratings, if your show rating exceeds your pop in a region you will gain pop, and if it is below you will loose it.

The not suited means that their skills don't mach the criteria for that gimmick, they can still be rated high, but because they aren't well suited for that gimmick then hey will get dinged for it. You would have to change the gimmick to one better suited to them (go to the gimmick screen and you can filter to show only gimmicks the wrestler can use.)

Edit: Or what Jaysin said
Unread 01-12-2019, 05:14 PM

Is there a cap on how much a workers stats can improve each month? I've got a young lion whose's stats seems to be abysmal or very weak but is one of my Next Big Things so trying to figure out how long it will take for him to put on good matches
Unread 01-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Rookie

Having a hard time searching for it on the forum so apologies if this has been covered (I'm sure it has)...What are the benefits/effects of when someone is mentioned in the news as a Hot Property? Are there any bonuses at all?
Unread 01-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkb9 View Post
Having a hard time searching for it on the forum so apologies if this has been covered (I'm sure it has)...What are the benefits/effects of when someone is mentioned in the news as a Hot Property? Are there any bonuses at all?
I donít think their are any benefits. I think it is a way to show who either has good momentum or is on a companyís NBT list. I could be absolutely wrong though.
Unread 01-12-2019, 09:12 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I donít think their are any benefits. I think it is a way to show who either has good momentum or is on a companyís NBT list. I could be absolutely wrong though.
It certainly indicates that the worker in question has a strong destiny roll... Right?
Unread 01-13-2019, 11:15 AM

From what I have learned over the years, yes.
Unread 01-13-2019, 11:34 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan93 View Post
It certainly indicates that the worker in question has a strong destiny roll... Right?
Indeed. I always sign those when I can.
Unread 01-13-2019, 12:19 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkb9 View Post
Next Big Thing indicates that the worker has a very high Popularity Cap i.e. they have the potential to be huge (like Hulk Hogan/The Rock huge)

Hot Property indicates that the worker has high skills caps, so they can become great in-ring performers. They may not be able to grow their pop to A* but they can grow their skills to being the best in the world. These are the guys you want being put in matches with your current best workers as it will help their skills grow faster.
Unread 01-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Rookie

Thanks a lot people. I was already pushing them hard and was pleasantly surprised to see the news pick up on it.
Unread 01-14-2019, 02:23 PM

How do you add images to a post? Trying to add an imgur picture to my post but when I preview it all I see is the link not the actual photo? I've wrapped the IMG tags around it.

Do I need to own the link? Atm I am just practicing by copying the image address from a random image.

Edit: Solved! Thanks YoungNoble

Last edited by Vinners : 01-14-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 01-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Low Minors

With the fate of my favourite dynasty (Heart and Soul) up in the air, Iím looking for something new to read. Ideally I want something that has been running for a while so i can spend some time catching up before following it onwards.

Only want real world and around the attitude era - give or take several years. Basically I want it to involve wrestlers I grew up with
Unread 01-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinners View Post
How do you add images to a post? Trying to add an imgur picture to my post but when I preview it all I see is the link not the actual photo? I've wrapped the IMG tags around it.

Do I need to own the link? Atm I am just practicing by copying the image address from a random image.
Right click on the picture and copy image address. Paste that address.
Unread 01-15-2019, 10:40 AM

is there anyway to let go of a child company?