Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-14-2018, 03:16 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
So All In just sold out in an hour that is pretty impressive!
It is indeed impressive. Huge accomplishment by those guys, especially Cody and the Bucks since they were really at the forefront of it all.
Unread 05-14-2018, 03:24 PM
Living Legend

Said this on another site, but I'm really curious where this goes. Very possible its a one-time deal, or maybe a couple of events they run every so often. But would love if this somehow led Cody down the path of being a promoter and looking to start a new promotion.
Unread 05-14-2018, 04:02 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Said this on another site, but I'm really curious where this goes. Very possible its a one-time deal, or maybe a couple of events they run every so often. But would love if this somehow led Cody down the path of being a promoter and looking to start a new promotion.
Cody seemed to rule out the idea of becoming a full-fledged promoter a few weeks back on Twitter. I forget exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "I watched my dad waste millions trying to make that work."

I think it's for the best too. They were able to pull this off because they've been building up to it for many months, if not a full year, using their social media presence (and seriously, the Bucks have figured out how to self-promote and use those platforms to make money better than anyone else in wrestling) to set this up as a can't-miss event that people feel like they have to be a part of. But running a full-time promotion is an entirely different animal. Even periodically coming in for a few shows a year can be tough, as New Japan are currently learning with their Cow Palace show.

MAYBE this could become an annual show, but anything more than that would probably not be a good idea. Unless the buzz of this show catches the attention of a TV network willing to throw some serious cash their way, in which case all bets are off.