Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-24-2018, 12:06 AM
Living Legend

Johnny Impact/Nitro is going to be on the upcoming season of Survivor which will premiere sometime in September (I assume because that is when it normally starts). They showed a clip of him in the preview, so I guess that means they must have begun filming the next season (which is odd because I always thought they filmed in June).
Unread 05-31-2018, 11:03 PM
Super Star

Another solid episode of Impact. Very good title match too.
Unread 07-20-2018, 06:46 AM
Rookie

Unread 07-22-2018, 11:03 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
Very good PPV, I enjoyed it.
Unread 07-23-2018, 12:09 AM
Rookie

I heard that all the matches delivered except Dreamer/Eddie and Rayne vs Su Yung was a bit weak until the finish. Might have to watch when I can find the time.
Unread 07-23-2018, 12:37 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
I heard that all the matches delivered except Dreamer/Eddie and Rayne vs Su Yung was a bit weak until the finish. Might have to watch when I can find the time.
You won't regret it, very fun PPV.
Unread 07-23-2018, 06:40 AM
Locker Room Leader :)

Slammiversary was definitely better than most WWE PPVs, a very well done show and the crowd were into things, which has been a big help since their move from the old Impact Zone.

I've been enjoying the general direction of the company over the last several months. They seem to have realised that they shouldn't try to compete with WWE in being sports entertainment and have brought in a lot of indy stars and crazy, over the top stuff that reminds me a bit of old school ECW (without the ultra violence). Eddie Edwards spiralling into madness with the Sami Callihan feud and the spin off to Tommy Dreamer has been great (Even though Eddie isn't a great actor), while the introduction of Killer Kross over the last few months through TV things has done really well. I'm loving that Brian Cage has been positioned in the X division too, bringing it back to the old "not about weight limits, it's about no limits" mantra that it had when it was at it's peak with AJ vs Daniels vs Joe.

So yeah... Impact has been generally doing very well lately, though some areas are obviously still rebuilding and the women's division continues to be a bit out there... but as a show overall, things are going well and I hope they keep going well.
Unread 07-23-2018, 11:18 AM
Super Star

Any services similar to WWE Network that these can be seen on? I don't have cable so I don't follow the show itself, only clips here and there.
Unread 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

They have an app/network thing called the Global Network App. Here's a wiki page with a rough listing of what is on there, no idea how accurate it is. Though it does say that the weekly PPVs are on there so that, so that could be a lot of fun to watch an era a lot of us didn't have the ability to see.
Unread 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Low Minors

Absolutely fantastic PPV. I wish I had the time to keep up with their TV after seeing that.
Unread 07-24-2018, 03:28 AM
Phenom

I used to be a huge TNA fan back in its infancy, all the way through the weekly PPV era, and once they went the more traditional weekly tv/monthly PPV route I actually watched them pretty much exclusively during one of my (admittedly more and more frequent) lapsed WWE phases (and yeah, I'm in one of those phases right now)....I haven't watched TNA in years however, not probably since the botched Monday night war they attempted to re-ignight.....but I heard a lot of good things about slammiversary so I thought I'd give it a go and considering I went in to it completely cold (I had no idea what the storylines were or even who half the guys were) I enjoyed it.....granted not enough to have me watching the tv week to week....but it was certainly a step in the right direction....

....two notes from the show, one, while I'm glad they have reverted to a traditional four sided ring, the ring itself looked tiny, like really small, something that I noticed immediately due to the opening match being a four way and as all the guys were stood in the ring it looked really cramped....is the ring always that size? I think I had more room to manoeuvre on my mum's double bed back when I used to wrestle my stuffed animals as a youngster, that is until bed Wrestling was banned in my house after a picture perfect Superfly Splash from the windowsill broke my mothers bed.....granted I was 23 at the time, but still......(I wasn't, I was about 10 I think).....

.....and two, that Brian Cage guy.....Jesus Christ, what an absolute unit he is, has Vince not seen him? He's practically his wet dream, a HUGE mother###### who looks to be pretty decent in the ring too. Can he talk as well? Surely it's only a matter of time before he's on his way to NXT...

.....but yeah, TNA.....getting better. I don't know when their next PPV is but I'll probably give it a watch.
Unread 07-24-2018, 06:53 AM
Phenom

If you think Cage in Impact is something you should see him in Lucha Underground. Some of the stuff he can do is insane for a guy his size.

Really excited to see what sort of matches / feuds he has going forward. I kinda hope they keep him in the X Division for a while as think that'll do wonders for the belt.
Unread 07-24-2018, 06:54 AM
Phenom

If you think Cage in Impact is something you should see him in Lucha Underground. Some of the stuff he can do is insane and just looks absolutely brutal.

Really excited to see what sort of matches / feuds he has going forward. I kinda hope they keep him in the X Division for a while as think that'll do wonders for the belt.
Unread 07-28-2018, 02:14 PM
Super Star

I've only caught Pentagon Jr. vs. Sami Callihan from Slammiversary but man was I impressed by that match. It was refreshing to see a grudge match that was genuinely bloodthirsty, a proper old school plunder battle, it had me gritting my teeth at times. Good on Impact Wrestling for getting a crowd in the building that consisted of passionate wrestling fans too.
Unread 09-19-2018, 02:47 AM
Living Legend

I have not been following Impact that much in the past year. Therefore, I was wondering what happened to James Storm. Is he still with Impact?

I saw that he wrestled Big Cass over the weekend on an Indy show so I know he is not retired. However, the few times I have watched Impact he has not been on the show and no mentioned has been made of him.