Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-22-2018, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by We are APW View Post
Are the "rules" for running this recorded anywhere?
Well for starters: You have to have a lot of spare time in your hands.

Secondly, you'll have to deal with negotiations for stars studios want to hire for their movies, then you'll have to review the movies once they're finished and as such.

But i'm not the best person to answer this question.
Unread 04-22-2018, 04:46 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSnoopy View Post
I guess if other people are interested in running it, I'll hop on as a player instead. I already have a solid idea for a movie!
By all means, if you want to call dibs on modding, go right ahead. I certainly can't steer the ship, as mentioned (work is busy through mid-June), and Russell's mentioned he has no interest in doing it. Your game was run really well, and I'd be happy to take part if you decided to mod again.
Unread 04-23-2018, 04:16 AM
Major League

I expressed interest to Andrew on sort of jointly running this with someone, although personally my schedule is packed to the brim as of now.

Mr. Jones threw some good ideas out there regarding the "Nic Cage" and "M. Night" effect and I love both. I've been pushing for something like that added since Goliath was running the game. I've bounced a few ideas around my head to do with this as well. If nothing happens come June, I'd be happy to run this with someone or I'd be happy to jump in late and help out once this is up and running.

Also didn't know Russell got banned. That's a shame. He was a good, if not very excitable person
Unread 04-23-2018, 05:06 AM
All Star

Okay, the consensus seems to be that people are just waiting for the game to start? If so, I can run the game if you guys give me a little time to get everything neat and ready for the opening and everything.

As for the Cage & M. Night effects, don't know about other Tycoons but MT5 recorded all talent performances and used that to reference all future performances/gains (so that stackable effect both ways was there). It was a huge pain to log every talent's individual performance in every movie though.

I'm hoping that by automating some of the time consuming calculation stuff (of which there used to be a ton, I can't emphasize that enough), running the game will probably take less than half the time it used to. I think that is the key moving forward with MT, lessening the time it takes to mod SIGNIFICANTLY rather than increasing it.

Also, I've written an extensive 'help file' for what my vision of MT7 is going to be that should massively help any newcomer joining in and also maybe help clarify a thing or two for any returning player as well. So with that being said, go ahead and start planning your movies guys. If someone else wants to volunteer to do movie reviews once the movies start coming out, whether only once or once in a while, that would be great. I think it's a good idea to have more than one reviewer, so hopefully we can get that going.
Unread 04-23-2018, 05:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayden View Post
I expressed interest to Andrew on sort of jointly running this with someone, although personally my schedule is packed to the brim as of now.

Mr. Jones threw some good ideas out there regarding the "Nic Cage" and "M. Night" effect and I love both. I've been pushing for something like that added since Goliath was running the game. I've bounced a few ideas around my head to do with this as well. If nothing happens come June, I'd be happy to run this with someone or I'd be happy to jump in late and help out once this is up and running.

Also didn't know Russell got banned. That's a shame. He was a good, if not very excitable person
Hi, i'm the sequel to Russell. Nice to meet you.

Also: Definitely expect me to make a review or two in this one.
Unread 04-23-2018, 06:24 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
Hi, i'm the sequel to Russell. Nice to meet you.

Also: Definitely expect me to make a review or two in this one.
Hello new Russell.
Unread 04-23-2018, 06:40 AM
Living Legend

Would love to do reviews here and there, but won't hype up a movie I end up not finishing this time around.

Hope all will still have me; I especially enjoyed the first time I played, with Snoop holding the reigns. Will be fun to see, and will enjoy reading everyone's work.
Unread 04-23-2018, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayden View Post
Hello new Russell.
More like same Russell, new name.
Unread 04-23-2018, 10:56 AM
All Star

Quote:
Okay, the consensus seems to be that people are just waiting for the game to start? If so, I can run the game if you guys give me a little time to get everything neat and ready for the opening and everything.
That sounds about right. In my mind I'm already sort of playing in that I'm already debating potential castings for the characters in my latest outline.

Quote:
As for the Cage & M. Night effects, don't know about other Tycoons but MT5 recorded all talent performances and used that to reference all future performances/gains (so that stackable effect both ways was there). It was a huge pain to log every talent's individual performance in every movie though.
Well, once the retroactive stuff is done, hopefully that would iron itself out moving forward.

Quote:
I'm hoping that by automating some of the time consuming calculation stuff (of which there used to be a ton, I can't emphasize that enough), running the game will probably take less than half the time it used to. I think that is the key moving forward with MT, lessening the time it takes to mod SIGNIFICANTLY rather than increasing it.

Also, I've written an extensive 'help file' for what my vision of MT7 is going to be that should massively help any newcomer joining in and also maybe help clarify a thing or two for any returning player as well. So with that being said, go ahead and start planning your movies guys. If someone else wants to volunteer to do movie reviews once the movies start coming out, whether only once or once in a while, that would be great. I think it's a good idea to have more than one reviewer, so hopefully we can get that going.
Whatever helps the game thrive and enables us to go longer this time should work for me. I've got at least couple uncompleted projects from prior games I'd love to revisit and finally complete given the chance to do more than just my opening film.
Unread 04-23-2018, 02:15 PM
Rookie

I am interested but my releases will be very rare as when the last game stopped, to fill my thirst for Movie writing I have joined another blog/forum movie game where different members are writers for one studio with no budget restrictions but with cast restrictions as the mod is using Hollywood Movie Studio to simulate but it also allow very small detailed movies too, in it's first season there were some movies with only 5-10 sentences now some like to write 4000-5000 movie while some write 3-4 paras.

I agree with the Flame Snoopy idea of automating the Database I thought of creating an application for that during the last version.

I think one or two last host should join as co host so one person doesn't get all the load.
Unread 04-24-2018, 10:36 AM
Minor League

Just wondering, would I be able to make a sequel to a movie from previous movie tycoon games as I had two movies that I left off with a sequel in mind
Unread 04-24-2018, 10:42 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrykieran2 View Post
Just wondering, would I be able to make a sequel to a movie from previous movie tycoon games as I had two movies that I left off with a sequel in mind
I don't see why not, if you can afford it with the starting budget.
Unread 04-24-2018, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't see why not, if you can afford it with the starting budget.
I think of the Movie Tycoon series as a continous thing (like a show on Netflix or TV) in that it has 'seasons' like one that come and go every several months.

Having said that, why has no one told me that we could make sequels from movies we did in previous iterations? Do you have any idea how much i've wanted to make a sequel to Aces and Eights?
Unread 04-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
Well for starters: You have to have a lot of spare time in your hands.

Secondly, you'll have to deal with negotiations for stars studios want to hire for their movies, then you'll have to review the movies once they're finished and as such.

But i'm not the best person to answer this question.
Thanks for trying, but I meant are the actual rules which help with the negotiating, judging and quality of the film written down? I don't want to play or run, but I was interested in how it works.